The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread

+13
sportform
CFCNick
Duty281
Mat
GSC
Crimey
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
Luke
Good Golly I'm Olly
westisbest
mobilemaster8
Kenny
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread  - Page 4 Empty The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread

Post by Kenny Fri 28 Jun 2013, 1:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not that many if any will be interested in this but my son thinks there should be a Hull City thread as they are now back in the Premierleague .

He insists that they wont get relegated , but then again he still thinks Liverpool can win the title so not sure he is the best judge .

Anyway
Ins :-
George Boyd (free from Peterborough)
Maynor Figueroa ( free from Wigan )
Curtis Davies ( £2.3million from Birmingham)
Ahmed Elmohamady ( £2 million from Sunderland )
Alan McGregor ( undisclosed from Besiktas )
Steve Harper ( free unattached )
Danny Graham ( season long loan from Sunderland )
Yannick Sagbo ( undisclosed fee from Evian )
Tom Huddlestone ( £5 million from Tottenham )
Jake Livermore (season long loan from Tottenham )
Gedo ( season long loan )

Outs:-
Cameron Stewart ( 6 month loan to Charlton )
Cory Evans ( £600,000 rising to £1million to Blackburn Rovers )
Tom Cairney ( loan to Blackburn Rovers )
Jack Hobbs ( season long loan to Nottingham Forest with a two year contract afterward)
Jay Simpson (released)
Andy Dawson (free to Scunthorpe United)
Danny East (free to Portsmouth)
Sonny Bradley (free to Portsmouth)
Mark Cullen (free to Luton Town )
Seyi Olofinjana (released)
Paul McKenna (released)
Jamie Devitt (released)
Francis McCaffrey (released)
Daniel Emerton (released )
Gedo returned to parent club after loan
Faiti returned to parent club after loan

Last edited by Kenny on Thu 19 Sep 2013, 5:01 pm; edited 9 times in total
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread

Post by Kenny Thu 24 Oct 2013, 5:06 pm

Olly wrote:What is he like 50 now? He's not really very good, there's a reason he's been a backup at best all his career
He's a lot better then any other back up keeper City have had though Olly
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 11:03 am

The reasons have been Shay Given and Tim Krul, haven't they? Two quality keepers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 25 Oct 2013, 3:29 pm

it should only be for a few games and i don't think he has let Newcastle down when called upon so hopefully he can do a job .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 3:33 pm

He did cry on the pitch last season Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 25 Oct 2013, 3:36 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:He did cry on the pitch last season Whistle
was he listening to Phil Brown singing ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 28 Oct 2013, 4:50 am

Given that we made 6 changes, thought we played well today. Couple of half chances on attack, but a decent containment job. Didn't deserve the win, but thought we did deserve a point.

As for the penalty. No I didn't think that it should have been given, and how he gave it when he couldn't see it is unbelievable. but to be honest it's a big boys home pen, that are given when they're struggling to break down teams like Hull.
So after returning to white hart lane for the capital one cup, next Saturdays game takes on extra importance, and becomes a big game after our 2 loses. Plus Sunderland will be looking to continue from there result today. Could be a very important 3 points for either side come the end of the season.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 30 Oct 2013, 10:39 am

The pen was very harsh , but then again City have been on the right end of a couple of soft pens so these things even themselves out .

I did think they played well though and deserved something out of the game , need to get a result over Sunderland this week to stop the rot
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 21 Nov 2013, 2:48 am

Big couple of weeks to try and forget the rubbish off the pitch. Definitely need a result on Saturday v Palace at home, given that the 2 games after are Liverpool & Arsenal away. More points we get before Christmas really helps with hopefully staying up.

Will be intresting what side he picks given that we were not only hammered but outplayed by Southampton. And injuries? Hopefully will continue with Boyd, Sagbo.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 22 Nov 2013, 11:08 am

Danny Graham is likely to start up front with Sagbo on saturday , McGregor could come back in aswell
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 22 Nov 2013, 3:44 pm

Aaron Mclean has joined Birmingham City on a month's loan

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 23 Nov 2013, 2:50 am

I like McLean, though probably not a premiership class player, so hope he does well enough to earn a contract there.

Really disappointed in Aluko. Offer him a good contract, he plays (which given how often he's been injured says alot), and he turns it down. Personally if we get a good offer for him in January sell him.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 23 Nov 2013, 4:21 pm

Bruce says they wont sell him in January but if he doesn't sign a new deal before then then i agree City should cash in given his poor injury record
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 24 Nov 2013, 2:35 am

Disappointing result in what was a disappointing game . Neither side were particularly good, Palace looked comfortable till after they scored, the sending off was harsh.

Just looked at City's fixtures till boxing day, Liverpool h, Arsenal a, Swansea a, Stoke h, West Brom a, Man Utd h. Could be in for a bad month unless we learn how to score.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 25 Nov 2013, 4:20 pm

Going on saturday to the Liverpool game , i will be supporting the Reds ( sorry ) but still want City to play well
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 30 Nov 2013, 1:13 am

Paul McShane is out injured for the Liverpool game after pulling his hamstring , Curtis Davies also struggling but will have a fitness test on saturday
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 01 Dec 2013, 8:45 am

Hulls owner has made another ass of himself I see.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/dr-assem-allam-i-dont-mind-them-singing-city-till-we-die-they-can-die-as-soon-as-they-want-8975199.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 02 Dec 2013, 12:03 pm

The atmosphere at the game yesterday was very strange , it was as if the City fans didn't know whether to cheer or not . Stewards were taking banners off people aswell so so much for the ' they can say what they want ' thing
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 03 Dec 2013, 5:15 am

Thought that as bad as Liverpool were, part of that was down to City. Who battled, were organized and played well. Figuroa & Huddlestone were outstanding for city. Sagbo worked tirelessly for the team.

Will need to be as good again on wed, otherwise Arsenal will kill us.

As for the demonstrations, really need to sort this out quickly, as I remember previous years were the club was plagued by a bad atmosphere, and generally did mot help anyone or anything.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 6:38 pm

So they've officially requested permission to change their name to the Hull Tigers

Have to say I ain't a fan. Is nothing sacred in this sport anymore?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 12 Dec 2013, 3:04 pm

The fans group have lodged their disapproval with the FA apparently so we shall see how much weight ' fans feelings ' have with the powers that be .

Protests being organised for before and after saturdays game
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 20 Dec 2013, 1:53 pm

Hull City have expressed an interest in taking AC Milan starlet M'Baye Niang on loan
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 20 Dec 2013, 6:24 pm

HULL City have ended their interest in Willem II striker Jeroen Lumu after taking a look at him on trial this week.

The 18-year-old Holland youth international is regarded as an exciting young prospect after breaking into the Willem first team.

But after casting his eye over the 5ft 10in youngster, who can also play as a winger, Tigers manager Steve Bruce is not going to pursue his initial interest.

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 23 Dec 2013, 9:21 am

According to the sunday papers Everton are sniffing around Curtis Davies
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Dec 2013, 11:33 pm

I think Kenny JR needs to throw me some tips! looking good thus far.  OK 

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 28 Dec 2013, 11:41 pm

FreekShow wrote:I think Kenny JR needs to throw me some tips! looking good thus far.  OK 

He went today with his Grandad , he was texting me when they scored ( i thought he was taking the mickey ) . We just saw them in the crowd on MotD  Very Happy 
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Dec 2013, 11:43 pm

Good stuff Kenny. I've never been on MOTD ever, and I mean ever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 28 Dec 2013, 11:52 pm

FreekShow wrote:Good stuff Kenny. I've never been on MOTD ever, and I mean ever!

Me neither .... the closest i ever got was my right arm at a Liverpool v Aston Villa game a few years ago , the annoying thing was we went with a mate from Canada who was going to his first ever football match and he got a full screen shot on MotD!!
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 03 Jan 2014, 4:35 pm

Sone Aluko has signed a new 2 and a half year contract
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 03 Jan 2014, 4:46 pm

FreekShow wrote:Good stuff Kenny. I've never been on MOTD ever, and I mean ever!

Funnily enough, I sold my Hull ticket to my mate as I anticipated I would be far too hungover to go (I was right)

Whilst watching MOTD, I saw him after the Suarez free kick when he ran to the KOP Laugh

Bar Steward

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jan 2014, 7:59 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

Funnily enough, I sold my Hull ticket to my mate as I anticipated I would be far too hungover to go (I was right)

Whilst watching MOTD, I saw him after the Suarez free kick when he ran to the KOP Laugh

Bar Steward

I can feel your pain there Soldier!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 04 Jan 2014, 10:35 pm

Good win by a understrength City side today knocking Middlesbrough out of the FA Cup 2-0

Hope they can get a decent draw for next round and avoid another Prem team
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 10 Jan 2014, 10:39 pm

City have agreed a fee with Everton for Jelavic who will now discuss personal terms in the coming few days
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 14 Jan 2014, 2:32 pm

GEDO has seen his season-long loan spell at Hull City cut short after deciding to head back to parent club Al Ahly

That meens City can now loan another player this january
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 14 Jan 2014, 2:45 pm

Must say Hull are being a bit dickish over the Hobbs deal.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 14 Jan 2014, 2:52 pm

The hull owner has threatened to quit the club, If FA reject name change.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 14 Jan 2014, 2:53 pm

Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 14 Jan 2014, 4:11 pm

this is what Allam had to say

Hull City owner Assem Allam has again reiterated his threat to walk away from the KC if the FA put a block on his proposal to rename the club Hull Tigers.

Mr Allam has now registered his plan to drop City from the official playing name and a decision is expected from officials at the FA in April, having previously stated that fans will be consulted for their views on the idea.

Despite seeing the move provoke widespread opposition from supporters, Mr Allam is determined to push ahead with his plans and, as he stated in the Guardian a few months ago, he would consider quitting “within 24 hours” if the FA put obstacles in his way.

“No-one on earth is allowed to question my business decisions - I won't allow it,” he said today in an interview with Sky Sports News. "I'm here to save the club and manage the club for the benefit of the community - it will never, ever be the other way around - take it from me.

"But the community can say "go away" and I will go within 24 hours."

When asked what would happen if the FA said he could not change the club's name, Allam said: "The same thing. It's a free country. There are no two ways about it - I have never said something and then gone back on it."

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 14 Jan 2014, 4:33 pm

Jelavic has signed a 3 and a half deal for a club record £6.5 million plus extra £1 million if City stay in the Premier League

City also agree £6 million fee for Shane Long with WBA
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4