The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread

+13
sportform
CFCNick
Duty281
Mat
GSC
Crimey
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
Luke
Good Golly I'm Olly
westisbest
mobilemaster8
Kenny
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread  - Page 2 Empty The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread

Post by Kenny Fri 28 Jun 2013, 1:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not that many if any will be interested in this but my son thinks there should be a Hull City thread as they are now back in the Premierleague .

He insists that they wont get relegated , but then again he still thinks Liverpool can win the title so not sure he is the best judge .

Anyway
Ins :-
George Boyd (free from Peterborough)
Maynor Figueroa ( free from Wigan )
Curtis Davies ( £2.3million from Birmingham)
Ahmed Elmohamady ( £2 million from Sunderland )
Alan McGregor ( undisclosed from Besiktas )
Steve Harper ( free unattached )
Danny Graham ( season long loan from Sunderland )
Yannick Sagbo ( undisclosed fee from Evian )
Tom Huddlestone ( £5 million from Tottenham )
Jake Livermore (season long loan from Tottenham )
Gedo ( season long loan )

Outs:-
Cameron Stewart ( 6 month loan to Charlton )
Cory Evans ( £600,000 rising to £1million to Blackburn Rovers )
Tom Cairney ( loan to Blackburn Rovers )
Jack Hobbs ( season long loan to Nottingham Forest with a two year contract afterward)
Jay Simpson (released)
Andy Dawson (free to Scunthorpe United)
Danny East (free to Portsmouth)
Sonny Bradley (free to Portsmouth)
Mark Cullen (free to Luton Town )
Seyi Olofinjana (released)
Paul McKenna (released)
Jamie Devitt (released)
Francis McCaffrey (released)
Daniel Emerton (released )
Gedo returned to parent club after loan
Faiti returned to parent club after loan

Last edited by Kenny on Thu 19 Sep 2013, 5:01 pm; edited 9 times in total
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread

Post by Kenny Fri 19 Jul 2013, 8:51 am

Danny Graham has flown out the City's Portugal training camp to finalise his season long loan deal
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread

Post by Kenny Fri 19 Jul 2013, 11:25 am

With regards to Jack Hobbs move to Forest .

Forest have paid a loan fee to City and will pay all his wages for next season , and should Forest gain promotion then they will pay an additional fee to City
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 19 Jul 2013, 11:28 am

City also have South African midfielder Daylon Claason on trial at their training camp in Portugal
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 19 Jul 2013, 4:36 pm

Danny Graham confirmed season long loan from Sunderland .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 19 Jul 2013, 5:54 pm

Good signing that.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 19 Jul 2013, 8:08 pm

Well if Sunderland's Danny Graham turns up it isn't...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 19 Jul 2013, 8:29 pm

Olly wrote:Well if Sunderland's Danny Graham turns up it isn't...

Cancel the loan maybe if that's the case. Graham arrived at a difficult point in Sunderland's season and was bought by the manager who almost immediately left and was booed by his own fans.

I think he could score 10 league goals for Hull, which would be a decent return.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 19 Jul 2013, 10:52 pm

Obviously the PL is harder then the Championship , but in the Hull games i saw last year they do get a lot of crosses in so Graham should get a few chances
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 19 Jul 2013, 10:55 pm

Graham will always you get you goals if you feed him, Sunderland didn't feed him and he was crap. Swansea and Watford fed him and he was class.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 23 Jul 2013, 3:44 pm

If you believe the papers City want 3 Stoke players

Wilson Palacios

Kenwyne Jones

and erm Peter Crouch ...............now that would be a great signing , but can't see it happening
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 23 Jul 2013, 4:17 pm

I don't know, Crouch was pretty awful last year.

Of those three, I think Palacios would be the best signing, not sure why he wasn't used at Stoke.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 23 Jul 2013, 5:29 pm

I just think getting a player of Crouch's size ( no pun intended ) would excite the fans , i know a few mates who think that City would really benefit from a big name signing
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 25 Jul 2013, 6:03 pm

Kenny wrote:With regards to Jack Hobbs move to Forest .

Forest have paid a loan fee to City and will pay all his wages for next season , and should Forest gain promotion then they will pay an additional fee to City

Best guess. Loan helps us get around FFP.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Thu 25 Jul 2013, 6:18 pm

Crimey wrote:I don't know, Crouch was pretty awful last year.

Of those three, I think Palacios would be the best signing, not sure why he wasn't used at Stoke.

Because he likes to pass the ball!

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 26 Jul 2013, 9:33 am

Citys move for Evian striker Yannick Sagbo has hit a problem as Evian now want close to £3million for him after originally agreeing a fee of £1.6million

today we get Charles N'Zogbia being linked with a move to the KC stadium
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 26 Jul 2013, 9:48 am

N'Zogbia will be leaving us.

Actually think he's not a bad player.
Had a better season last season.
One of my favourite Villa players last season.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 26 Jul 2013, 4:16 pm

Was it Bruce who brought him into Wigan ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 27 Jul 2013, 10:56 am

Yannick Sagbo has signed a 2 year contract from Evian for a undisclosed fee
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 02 Aug 2013, 5:53 am

Tom Cairney has joined Blackburn on loan till January, who are also looking at Corey Evans.

Shame about Cairney, who I've always rated, but has never really been given a long run in the side at City, hopefully he does well enough to get a contract, as I can't see him getting into City's side in the near or distant future.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 06 Aug 2013, 11:19 am

I have to admit ( and it does pain me to say it ) i agree with Bruce about the the lack of value in the English market compared to signing foreign players

From a City point of view it would be very good if he could bring some more players in like Sagbo and then in a season or two sell them on for big fees like he did at Wigan
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 06 Aug 2013, 3:50 pm

City have another Evian player on trial Eric Tie Bi , and today Paul Scharner is supposedly in talks about joining .

Plus the Troy Deeney rumour wont go away
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Aug 2013, 4:27 pm

Scharner would be a good signing for Hull, versatile, reliable, slightly mental. Expensive wages though, he was on £30k a week at Albion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 06 Aug 2013, 5:20 pm

Have have heard that Scharner would have to take a wage cut but like most of the players would get a hefty bonus should Hull stay up , he would also get a free transfer should they go down
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 09 Aug 2013, 10:39 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23629379

Hull City AFC have changed their name to some awful American-style name. They're now known as the Hull City Tigers.

I'm sure the owner consulted the fans about this. Whistle 

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 09 Aug 2013, 12:36 pm

The funniest bit about this is the guy in charge is from Hull!

Also, reading the comment section is a laugh. People just attacking the change and word Tiger without including it's already the clubs nickname. Also, saying the tiger isn't an English animal conviniently forgetting that lion's arent either, and like most football fans are anti-American and hate change.

Hull City Tigers sounds less American to me than MK Dons.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 09 Aug 2013, 2:07 pm

Disappointed by the name change, and it does sound silly. But he could have done much worse things, and it will only be on the media, everyone will still just call them Hull City or City.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Fri 09 Aug 2013, 3:50 pm

While the fans may not like it and I think it is pretty stupid, I can only see it being a good move for the club.

North America and Asia are two huge markets for the Premier League and this move will give them some standing in those markets which are dominated by the big European clubs.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 10 Aug 2013, 3:38 pm

Premier League have stated that the club will known as Hull City in the league as they have not received any notification from the club to say other wise , they say that they would also want information whether the supporters were notified of any change before ratifying it .

According to companies house the name change only applies to the business not the football club
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 10 Aug 2013, 3:39 pm

City are supposed to be back in for Tottenhams Tom Huddlestone
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 11 Aug 2013, 3:25 pm

They are Kenny, trying to get him on a permanent deal, ans Jake Livermore on a loan deal.

Also considering a bid for Troy Deeney.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 12 Aug 2013, 11:06 pm

City are also believed to be after Kevin Doyle, providing he will take a pay cut.

Can't wait for the window to end, feed up with the rumours about who we could be after, think we've got a decent squad, and would be as well to run with what we've got. And then use the January windowto strengthen.

City beat Real Betis 3-0 in Andy Dawson's testimonial game on Saturday, Graham got the first, Aluko(back from injury), and Boyd the others. From what I heard(and I know it was only a testimonial), Graham looked like the ex Swansea player than the Sunderland one.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 13 Aug 2013, 3:14 pm

A few mates went and said City played pretty well , Graham seemed sharp and looked to get on the ball and when not create space ....but like you say it was only a friendly
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 14 Aug 2013, 6:37 pm

City are believed to have completed the signing of Tom Huddlestone from Spurs.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:27 pm

We have signed Huddlestone on a permanent deal, and Jake Livermore on a season long loan.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 21 Aug 2013, 12:57 pm

Overpowered early on by Chelsea ( but i don't think that is anything to be ashamed of ) but looked a lot better in the second half ..... getting anything out of games against the top teams would be a bonus City need to win the games against the other teams .

Norwich at home on saturday will be a tough game getting a point would be a good result
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 22 Aug 2013, 2:09 am

Agree Kenny, though i do feel that we need to get at least a point given that it's Man City away the week after.

Changes I would make to Sunday's team would be minimal (as I thought we did as well as could be expected), would bring in Huddlestone for Meyler, and Boyd (who really should have started last week) in for Sagbo. Hopefully Norwich won't be getting there injured players back till the week after.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 22 Aug 2013, 8:07 am

Tiger Fer will be back after his suspension, we are yet to find out about Snodgrass, PIlkington, Bassong and Hooper. I reckon Snodgrass and Bassong will be back, not the other two.

If we play like we did away from home last season, then I see us struggling.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 22 Aug 2013, 2:16 pm

Olly wrote:Tiger Fer will be back after his suspension, we are yet to find out about Snodgrass, PIlkington, Bassong and Hooper. I reckon Snodgrass and Bassong will be back, not the other two.

If we play like we did away from home last season, then I see us struggling.
Trouble is Olly, we weren't exactly dynamite at home last season. Be interesting to see how we start the game, if we sit back and allow you alot of the ball, think you could do well. If we attack from the off put you under pressure than we could get the result (though we struggle to score).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 22 Aug 2013, 2:31 pm

Well Tiger it seems we could have a bit of a winger crisis, as Elliott Bennett is now out for a few months. Snodgrass and Bassong are in contention, but Hooper and Pilks are out.

Fer is ok to go
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 22 Aug 2013, 2:37 pm

Shame about Snodgrass, as the b*****d always seems to do something against us (though we have a decent record against Leeds), am glad Hoopers out as I rate him, to be honest I think you've got a decent enough squad to cope without the others.
And sorry if this comes across wrong, but this game is mostly about us. And how we perform, and what expectations we can have for the rest of the season. If we get a win, great a draw at the least. Lose and it could be along hard season ahead.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 22 Aug 2013, 2:40 pm

Oh don't worry dude, we had this situation when we came up when we played Stoke at home in our 2nd game of the season.

Certainly that day I saw enough from us to say we would be alright, and the rest they say is history...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 22 Aug 2013, 3:12 pm

Michael Bailey ‏@michaeljbailey
Fer, Snodgrass, Bassong, Elmander (subj. to clearance) & Pilks all back in training and in contention for Hull; Hooper still out. #ncfc

Wrong about Pilks
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 22 Aug 2013, 4:00 pm

I would go with a City side of

McGregor
Elmohamady Chester Davies Figueroa Brady
Livermore Huddlestone Meyler
Aluko
Graham

in a 5 , 3 , 1 , 1 formation try to stiffle Norwich in midfield and attack on the break with the wing backs , i'd also man mark RvW with Chester
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 22 Aug 2013, 4:09 pm

My lads first game of the season on saturday and they are having a draw each week for 5 of them to attend the matches afterward so with this being the first home game they are all desperate to win Laugh 

I have got a box sorted for the Liverpool game Very Happy 
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 23 Aug 2013, 1:24 am

Olly wrote:Oh don't worry dude, we had this situation when we came up when we played Stoke at home in our 2nd game of the season.

Certainly that day I saw enough from us to say we would be alright, and the rest they say is history...
Quite glad you did stay up, saw some good games when both in Championship, and I like Carrow Rd the couple of times I've been, good pubs decent ground/atmosphere.
Really we should be looking to follow your lead. And this season is really about us staying up, don't care how or why just along as we're still there next season.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 24 Aug 2013, 12:48 pm

A couple of City fans i know are talking about mid table finish , but just staying up this season should be the goal .

Getting that first point on the table asap to get some belief going
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 24 Aug 2013, 1:09 pm

Steve Bruce has said there wont be anymore players brought in before the transfer window closes .

But i have heard that there are talks going on with two players with at least one of them likely to sign .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 25 Aug 2013, 2:14 am

So our first 3 points this season, from what I've heard, penalty was one of those that if given to your side your delighted, if given against your fuming'. Sagbo a idiot for what he did to get sent off, Huddlestone was a good solid calming presence in midfield. The defence was fantastic.
Even though we were dominated, at the end f the day a wins a win, and for City it was a very important win.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 28 Aug 2013, 9:55 am

Good 3 points on saturday and even managed to squeeze into the next round of the Capitol One cup after extra time .

Bruce was fuming with Paulo Di Canio before last nights game after Di Canio decided to not allow Danny Graham to play , Bruce had picked Graham to start and was only told during the warm up that Sunderland said he couldn't be cup tied .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 10:28 am

I'd have played him anyway, di Canio be damned. It's not like Graham is going back to Sunderland this season is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next