The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread

+13
sportform
CFCNick
Duty281
Mat
GSC
Crimey
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
Luke
Good Golly I'm Olly
westisbest
mobilemaster8
Kenny
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread  - Page 3 Empty The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread

Post by Kenny Fri 28 Jun 2013, 1:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not that many if any will be interested in this but my son thinks there should be a Hull City thread as they are now back in the Premierleague .

He insists that they wont get relegated , but then again he still thinks Liverpool can win the title so not sure he is the best judge .

Anyway
Ins :-
George Boyd (free from Peterborough)
Maynor Figueroa ( free from Wigan )
Curtis Davies ( £2.3million from Birmingham)
Ahmed Elmohamady ( £2 million from Sunderland )
Alan McGregor ( undisclosed from Besiktas )
Steve Harper ( free unattached )
Danny Graham ( season long loan from Sunderland )
Yannick Sagbo ( undisclosed fee from Evian )
Tom Huddlestone ( £5 million from Tottenham )
Jake Livermore (season long loan from Tottenham )
Gedo ( season long loan )

Outs:-
Cameron Stewart ( 6 month loan to Charlton )
Cory Evans ( £600,000 rising to £1million to Blackburn Rovers )
Tom Cairney ( loan to Blackburn Rovers )
Jack Hobbs ( season long loan to Nottingham Forest with a two year contract afterward)
Jay Simpson (released)
Andy Dawson (free to Scunthorpe United)
Danny East (free to Portsmouth)
Sonny Bradley (free to Portsmouth)
Mark Cullen (free to Luton Town )
Seyi Olofinjana (released)
Paul McKenna (released)
Jamie Devitt (released)
Francis McCaffrey (released)
Daniel Emerton (released )
Gedo returned to parent club after loan
Faiti returned to parent club after loan

Last edited by Kenny on Thu 19 Sep 2013, 5:01 pm; edited 9 times in total
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread

Post by Kenny Wed 28 Aug 2013, 2:49 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I'd have played him anyway, di Canio be damned. It's not like Graham is going back to Sunderland this season is it?
They can recall him in january window , which makes a season long loan deal a bit stupid
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 2:50 pm

There is zero chance Sunderland will be in the league cup by then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 28 Aug 2013, 2:54 pm

It sounds like Di Canio just being awkward , surely if they didn't want him cuptied they could of stated that in the terms of the loan deal from the start ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 29 Aug 2013, 9:41 pm

And the latest player being linked with City is Nicklas Bedner, who has played for Bruce before at Birmingham.
given that we play with one main striker Sagbo,Graham and Bedner battling for that one dosn't suggest alot of goals in my opinion. Plus in all honesty, given his opinion of himself, can't see him wanting to come.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 29 Aug 2013, 10:12 pm

Wasn't it a no go earlier because of his wage demands. Wonder which side comprimised
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 30 Aug 2013, 3:37 am

GSC wrote:Wasn't it a no go earlier because of his wage demands. Wonder which side comprimised
Yes, he wanted rumoured £50,000 wages, I think it's the club that changed it's stance due to us becoming a bit more desperate, trouble we need to sell players. And get there wages off the bill for him to come (Fryatt, Proschwitz, McLean), and there's only been one bid for Fryatt that we knocked back. not sure if it's just lazy journalism or an actual story.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 30 Aug 2013, 10:29 am

Proschwitz was a awful signing , him Mclean and Stewart need to go rumour going round Celtic want Stewart
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 30 Aug 2013, 2:21 pm

Agree about Proschwitz, Stewart a shame started off on fire and then has just regressed backwards, to the point he keeps going on loan and still no one wants to buy him. I like McLean, works hard and not a bad player, needs quite a few chances to score. Not premiership standard, and to many players ahead.

Given that Celtic are after a forward and have quite a few wingers can't see why they'd want him. Fryatt out of them is the only one I expect someone to bid for.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 30 Aug 2013, 2:24 pm

I heard Fryatt was our last resort in the emergency loan window for Fl clubs tbh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 31 Aug 2013, 2:03 am

GSC wrote:I heard Fryatt was our last resort in the emergency loan window for Fl clubs tbh
I'm surprised that there hasn't been more intrest in him from championship clubs (apparently only Barnsley have had a look at him), his goalscoring record with us and Leicester in that division is impressive. Not a great all round player, and dose miss quite a few chances, but he's a decent goalscorer, deadly in the box and always seemed to be there.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 31 Aug 2013, 3:13 am

Minge

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 01 Sep 2013, 2:09 am

Expected defeat, but I thought we looked good, and solid. Still problems in the final third (you really can't miss chances like Aluko's in this division). Graham looks like he just needs a goal, Huddlestone is looking good, defence okay.
International break has come at a good ttime for us to take stock and regroup.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 03 Sep 2013, 3:01 am

So the end if the transfer window, and our last day consisted of getting Gedo back on loan, after a fairly successful loan last year,but not really a signing that's gonna have premiership defenders shaking.

And Cameroon Stewart leaving to Charlton and Conor Townsend o Carlisle. Both of these loan deals.

Still don't think we've got alot up front, and really need Graham to start scoring.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 03 Sep 2013, 8:18 am

How close was Long to signing?

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 03 Sep 2013, 2:33 pm

westisbest wrote:How close was Long to signing?
Very close, everything had been agreed and he'd passed a medical, then at about 10.30 West Brom pulled the plug on the move.
Shame, but then we really should have gone for him earlier, if you leave it till the last day there's always a chance something like this could happen.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2013, 2:42 pm

Gutted actually. As an Albion fan, I have to say I was hoping he'd leave. He started last season on fire, but the rumour Liverpool wanted him went to his head, and he hasn't been the same player since. Puts in a shift, but never scores the goals his performances demand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 04 Sep 2013, 1:56 am

To be honest Azzy not overly sure I wanted him. Like you say puts in a shift, and certainly works hard and chips in with a few goals, but we got plenty of them Graham, Boyd, Brady, Aluko. What we need is an out and out goalscorer, and not really sure Long is that.
Though the move may have reinvigorated him, and he may just have gone back to the player he used to be.
The thing I really don't get is why you stopped it, you've got more than enough forwards of which Clarke has signed (especially this window), Long seems surplus to requirements, so £5 million for someone who is probably going to be a reserve player this season seems a good deal. You get the money, his wages go off your bill. And we get someone who can play, has scored at this level and might get his form back, seems a win win deal to me.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 10 Sep 2013, 2:39 pm

City need to be taking some points from Cardiff this weekend
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:27 am

Certainly do, this is the game I would be tempted to go 3/5/2 for.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 12 Sep 2013, 12:09 pm

If he's fit i would go with Faye at the back in between Chester and Davies
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 12 Sep 2013, 1:48 pm

Personally I'd go for,

McGregor,

Chester - Davis - Mcshane

Huddlestone,

Brady - Koren - Livermore - Figueroa

Graham - Aluko.

But don't think he's gonna go for it, will set us up tomake sure we're not ebeaten first,. Bit like Englad the other night.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 14 Sep 2013, 10:56 am

Harper could come in for McGregor who is still struggling with a thigh strain otherwise it looks likely to be the same side that started against Man City according to the HDM

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 19 Sep 2013, 5:20 pm

Gedo's work permit has come through but he has a slight injury so may not be available for selection for this weekend
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:11 am

Robert Koren out for 5 - 6 weeks with a broken foot

Maynour Figueroa not available for the Newcastle game as he has been given compassionate leave for family reasons

Paul McShane also not available this weekend because of injury
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 20 Sep 2013, 2:51 am

With Koren being out I'd play Boyd, Figuroa being out is bad given we don't really have a back up left back,

Would be very happy if we got a point on Saturday, though I think we'll probably lose given Newcastle's forwards.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:32 am

from what i have heard Rosenior could play at left back on saturday , Bruce has been trying with him and Brady switching in training
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 21 Sep 2013, 2:26 pm

Rosenior and Quinn start.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 21 Sep 2013, 2:28 pm

todays squad 

McGregor, Elmohamady, Chester, Davies, Rosenior, Livermore, Huddlestone, Quinn, Brady, Graham, Aluko. Subs: Bruce, Meyler, Boyd, Sagbo, Harper, Faye, Proschwitz.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 22 Sep 2013, 2:12 am

An away win, 3 goals from open play! What's happening to the world. Saw the highlights on match of the day, thought we deserved it, looked good and Aluko's Finnish was class, though Newcastle's defending for Elhohamady's goal was terrible. And Remey should have scored at the end. 7 points from 5 games, got to be pleased with that.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 22 Sep 2013, 12:01 pm

It was a game that i didn't expect City to get anything from so those 3 points are a bonus and thoroughly deserved as the team is playing well .........if only Danny Graham could get a lucky break and shin one in then things could get better aswell
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 22 Sep 2013, 11:56 pm

James Chester injured his hamstring versus Newcastle and could be out for 5 - 6 weeks
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 29 Sep 2013, 1:46 pm

Lucky win yesterday, Brady went down very easily for the pen, the Livermore handball could easily been given. But despite the fact we were poor, still hit the post, and Had a couple more deflected onto the woodwork. More importantly it's another 3 points.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 30 Sep 2013, 3:31 pm

Avery good 3 points as well tiger , i do worry about Brady going down so easily as i think refs will start looking at it more and City may start to not get the decisions going for them .

At home to Villa this saturday in what could be another winnable game  .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2013, 3:34 pm

I've had Brady on the bench for my fantasy side the last two weeks. Has cost me 24 points Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 30 Sep 2013, 3:36 pm

I have had him in mine from the start , him and Ramsay and Sturridge leading the way for me
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 03 Oct 2013, 5:20 pm

Hoping we can continue our recent good form.

A game we ceratinly are capable of winning.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 04 Oct 2013, 12:07 am

westisbest wrote:Hoping we can continue our  recent good form.

A game we ceratinly are capable of winning.
To be honest West, its a game both could win or lose equally easily, we need to keep our home record going, plus you always seem to beat us so we owe you one. A draw would be fine in my opinion.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 04 Oct 2013, 8:44 am

From our point of view, would be great to get the win, would make it 3 in a row.

Then a 2 week break, then we play Spurs and Everton at home.
Spurs have already thumped us at home, and Everton are doing very well.

If we do beat you, then the international break has come at the wrong time for us.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 04 Oct 2013, 2:46 pm

Funny enough West, we are exactly the same. If we beat you it will be our 3 win in a row (4 if you count the Capital cup), then after the international break, we also have Everton, then Spurs but we are away at both ( then 3 days later we have spurs away again in the capital cup), so really a good result v you is imperative given that I would be suprised if we get anything from those games.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 06 Oct 2013, 5:49 pm

Decent point for City but it was a poor game ( trust that to be the game my lad got tickets for ) overall . I thought Davies looked good as did Huddlestone , Graham again looked out of sorts
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 07 Oct 2013, 1:45 am

Agree Kenny, terrible game but a good point. Look solid defensively, and in midfield but lack creativity. Problem was always going to be in the forwards, as we don't have an out & out striker which is what we have been crying out for since last season.

Think Graham has lost confidence, but dropping him could make it worse.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:20 am

Graham needs a slice of luck he needs to shin one into the top corner or have one bounce in off his backside or something . I would be tempted to let him take a pen just to give him a chance of scoring if City got one .

I do think he can score 10 + goals in all comps the season , he just needs like you say some confidence back
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:02 am

Not expecting anything from Saturday's game (Everton away), just hope we can put in a decent performance, after a couple of dodgy ones (although we did get 4 points from them).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 15 Oct 2013, 11:58 am

I can't see City getting anything from Everton either , but then again it wouldn't be a game i expected any points from
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 22 Oct 2013, 7:51 pm

Thought Saturday's performance was okay, and looked good, Everton deserved the win but City came out of the game with some credit. Nice to see Sagbo get his first goal, hope that starts him off, just need graham to get one. Thought Barry should have gone for that tackle on Aluko, espically since he should hsve been booked for his tackle that put Graham out.

Know just hope we don't get stuffed at Spurs on sunday.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 24 Oct 2013, 12:05 am

David Myler is likely to replace Jake Livermore in the squad for this weekends game against Spurs
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 24 Oct 2013, 1:16 pm

Alan McGregor could be out for upto 6 weeks with a thigh injury so it looks like Steve Harper will be in goal against Spurs
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 2:29 pm

Will be odd for Steve Harper. Not only is he getting a game, but it's not for Newcastle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 24 Oct 2013, 4:46 pm

The good thing as i look at it is that he ( Harper ) is a good back up keeper something City haven't had for a long long time .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 24 Oct 2013, 5:04 pm

What is he like 50 now? He's not really very good, there's a reason he's been a backup at best all his career
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next