The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions team announced - AWJ captain & BOD dropped

+84
Taylorman
The Saint
Barney McGrew did it
Feckless Rogue
Strongback
patersonismyhero
GavinDragon
funnyExiledScot
asoreleftshoulder
LeinsterFan4life
Tattie Scones RRN
OzT
scoi
Sin é
wolfball
lostinwales
Big
dublfcynwa
Geordie
Notch
Pyleboy65
glamorganalun
KiaRose
The Great Aukster
LordDowlais
theslosty
Comfort
timhen
BlueNote
sensisball
whocares
Thomond
Newsilure
SecretFly
pbuk0
JmD
hugehandoff
2ndtimeround
bluestonevedder
MrsP
wales606
kingjohn7
The Bachelor
Scrumpy
R!skysports
marty2086
rodders
tigerleghorn
debaters1
doctor_grey
tigertattie
Taffineastbourne
Hookisms and Hyperbole
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Ulster12
RubyGuby
ME-109
RDW
Redrage
beshocked
GloriousEmpire
Luckless Pedestrian
Cyril
thomh
Sgt_Pooly
jimmyinthewell68
GunsGerms
Rob B
valtrepkos
nathan
t1000advancedprototype
Ozzy3213
Cardiff Taffy
HammerofThunor
trebellbobaggins
RuggerRadge2611
BigTrevsbigmac
doctornickolas
fa0019
B91212
EST
red_stag
Standulstermen
GLove39
88 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Lions team announced - AWJ captain & BOD dropped - Page 6 Empty Lions team announced - AWJ captain & BOD dropped

Post by GLove39 Wed 03 Jul 2013, 1:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Given the whole Horwill incident that adds another interesting edge to Saturdays game!

Gatland names 10 Welshman in his starting XV.
And Richie Gray becomes this weeks token Scot...

1. Corbisiero,
2. Hibbard,
3. A Jones,
4. A W Jones (c),
5. Parling,
6. Lydiate,
7. O'Brien,
8. Faletau

9. Phillips
10. Sexton
11. North
12. Roberts
13. Davis
14. Bowe
15. Halfpenny

Bench - T Youngs, Vunipola, Cole, Gray, Tipuric, Murray, Farrell, Tuilagi.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Lions team announced - AWJ captain & BOD dropped - Page 6 Empty Re: Lions team announced - AWJ captain & BOD dropped

Post by GloriousEmpire Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:33 am

I think it's a bit negative. It's still possible to come away with a series win, and that would be historic and put all the wrangles about selections into perspective. Disagreement about the make up of the team go with Lions tours like cotinga of opponent captains and ramalama ding dong.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Lions team announced - AWJ captain & BOD dropped - Page 6 Empty Re: Lions team announced - AWJ captain & BOD dropped

Post by wolfball Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:33 am

Also, for the welsh posters, Wales ≠ Gatland. I see very little slating of actual welsh players (or as much as slating of other countries players), but still people being attacked for criticising Gatland. Get over yer'selves

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:34 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:So Gatland should have stuck with O'Driscoll so he could have the send-off he deserves, even though he clearly thinks Davies is the man for the job? I'm sorry, but I would think less of him if he'd done that. He wants to win the series, not spare someone's feelings. He wasn't appointed to make people feel good. For good or ill, this is professional sport.

You just keep ignoring the point over and over because in your very heart, deep in there where you're keeping it covered lest it's real glow shows, you know it was a cheap and dirty act and had no bearing on performances during the two tests.  

He's a Welsh coach, he has ambitions that stretch beyond the Lions, he has a world cup coming that's in the NH, that's so close to home some of the games are being played there.  Don't try to tell me he's not plotting two futures.  Hopefully a Lions victory and certainly more lovely high pressure Oz opposition to hone his future plans for the WC.
Davies got the nod because he's Welsh and needs the hot-house pressure experience ..not because BOD is past it.  Nothing you say will change the colour of truth.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:36 am

Maybe BOD was dropped because hes never been part of a winning lions series?

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:36 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:For the record, I have said it till I'm blue in the face, route one rugby won't beat Australia, we need more than a physical backline to beat them. Said it before and I'm saying it now.

And you're right again. I would have a much easier time living with this team if I didn't think it left us needing a large dollop of luck to see us through what will undoubtedly be another tight game.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:36 am

tigerleghorn wrote:
Notch wrote:In a sense, win or lose on Saturday this tour has been a failure. A failure to take players from four nations and gel them together as one team. We've reached the end of the tour and the Head Coach has come to the conclusion that the only way for us to win is to throw in as many Welshmen as possible and play exactly like Wales.

I still believe it's going to be 50/50 on the day but this team selection is a fairly damning indictment of how Gatland has failed to live up to the ideals of the Lions. Hopefully he's not allowed anywhere near the 2017 tour and I won't be changing my mind if we win the series- the Lions, like the Barbarians, is about more than just winning anyway possible.

The centre decision makes no sense. Firstly, the most experienced international Captain in the side is left out. Secondly, the most potent attacking centre partnership on tour was Tuilagi/BOD.

Agree 100%

Me too. Good man Notcho.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:36 am

Route one rugby does beat Australia Radge - Scotland have done it twice. Please do not try to tell me you beat them by silky running and tries scored from everywhere. That is simply not true. I watched the games.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:37 am

Comfort wrote:Maybe BOD was dropped because hes never been part of a winning lions series?

If that was the case he'd have picked Scott Gibbs rather than Davies.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:39 am

Notch wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:For the record, I have said it till I'm blue in the face, route one rugby won't beat Australia, we need more than a physical backline to beat them. Said it before and I'm saying it now.

And you're right again. I would have a much easier time living with this team if I didn't think it left us needing a large dollop of luck to see us through what will undoubtedly be another tight game.

Its SO obvious that bish bash bosh wont work that the series is 1-1 and the points difference either way has been less than 3.

I wonder sometimes if people think about what they're saying. 80% of this thread has been rage typing.

Makes as much sense as the queen being a shape-shifting lizard.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:39 am

If the Lions win it keeps them relevant as a touring party. Lose and that's four series defeats on the trot and we are in GB&I Ryder Cup territory before the introduction of Europe.

No matter what the result, this will be the second tour out of three which had damaged and undermined the brand and traditions of the Lions just as Woodward did in New Zealand. Not all traditions are worth keeping of course, but when they are so central to the ethos of any team in any sport it leaves you wondering if they have a future.

Win, lose or draw, Gatland has been a disaster for the Lions.

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:40 am

rodders wrote:
Comfort wrote:Maybe BOD was dropped because hes never been part of a winning lions series?

Well they both have a better win/loss ratio than BOD in lions tests.....

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:40 am

Hookisms and Hyperbole wrote:Win, lose or draw, Gatland has been a disaster for the Lions.

Very difficult to argue this point. When the domestic leagues start up again and the Lions are all missing for a good few weeks, it will be hard to argue it was worth it given the low quality of rugby we've seen on this tour.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:41 am

That's a fine coaching reason. He's bad karma? Truest comment made so far. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:42 am

When will people understand that NH Rugby has not been crash hot for years and years.
To expect Gatland to make a silk purse from the material with which he has had to work is ridiculously naive.
Wales have been poor and yet have dominated the 6N's for the last coupe of years.
With the players available what alternatives were there.
Would the admirers of Kelly Brown,Hogg,Grant,Tipuric,etc honestly think that they would have facilitated a different modus operandi in the constraints that were applied by the shortness of the tour?
Folk need to get real.
Wales finished top and are a limited side.Scotland finished third.Think about it.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:42 am

Griff wrote:Route one rugby does beat Australia Radge - Scotland have done it twice.  Please do not try to tell me you beat them by silky running and tries scored from everywhere.  That is simply not true.  I watched the games.

LaughLaughLaughLaugh

That one did tickle my funny bone!

No, Scotland did not play a running game. We crushed them up front. In the lineout, the Scrum and the Breakdown. We haven't yet picked a team to do that. In addition Parks & Laidlaw's excellent territorial kicking game kept them pinned back and we forced them into mistakes and won the game. The weather helped, I'm not for one minute saying it didn't but the Ozzies front up to the Powerful Springboks and don't seem bothered. They also have dealt with the Welsh physicality easily in the past too.

However thanks to Gatland's initial selection we don't have any alternatives to Bish Bash Bosh anymore.

The best Example of how to obliterate the Ozzies... look to the French.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:44 am

thing is, if the lions win this, by hook or by crook, Gatlands a hero.

If he doesnt, he swans off and takes a job back in NZ and leaves the welsh team in bits and from the top of the pile to the bottom middle again.

Isn't that what you all want? Win/win for you all either way! Very Happy 

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:47 am

Comfort wrote:thing is, if the lions win this, by hook or by crook, Gatlands a hero. 

Like f*ck he is. We may win it in spite of his selections and tactics. That would just go to show what a low ebb Robbie Deans is at with Australia. Imagine where we'd be with Gatlands tactics and selections and Quade Cooper in the team Shocked 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:48 am

Gatty is looking out for himself and his job with the WRU. First he has probably earned his own pay from the WRU for the next couple of years by bringing as many Welshmen as he did.

Secondly, using POC & BOD (and a few others) as a sort of stabilisers for his Welsh players in their first win against SH opposition, he was probably banking on BOD getting injured before now so he wouldn't have to drop him.

Next week, he will be employed by the WRU again - wise of him not to upset them like Henry did the last time around.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by scoi Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:48 am

Front row. Strongest to start. Beautiful them at acting time. In the loose Corbs was good in game 1 and it's not like Hibbard doesn't put his share in. Concerned that replacement 3 are all lesser scrummagers.

Grey should be on early unless Parling shows something special. Grey has the ability to change a game.

Lydiate has been immense he last few weeks. Heaslip unlucky as has done well but Toby has been good in every game. SOB over tipuric is a fair call. Tipuric on when it starts to break up.

I thought Murray has performed the best out of the 3 so far and should have got the start.

The big debate. Centres have been lacking creativity. The problem is there isn't a creative one available. The last 2 teats proved it isn't a good partnership. Tuilagi has been injured and wasn't overly impressive on tour. That leaves a decision of who steps aside for Roberts, the only 12 to step in. Davies was form back on tour until last weekend and BOD hasn't had time to rekindle his relationship from 4 years ago. Tuilagi makes the bench as he can make a big impact against tired backs.

My big concern is an injury to the back 3, who goes out wide?

It's a brave selection but it's a 3 point team. unfortunately winning could be based on the 31st man on the pitch

scoi

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:49 am

LordDowlais wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:thumbsup There's only one 2nd row that's gonna get blown away AGAIN and it will not be AWJ

Parling is too small for a second row at international level.

Geoff Parling is 6,6. 114kg.

Graham Kitchener is 6,6 112kg

Nathan Hines is 6,7 116kg

Joe Launchbury is 6,6 115kg

Paul O Connell is 6,6. 110kg

Ian Evans is 6,8, 116kg

Summary: Geoff is much smaller than his fellow locks.Wink 

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:49 am

[quote="Hookisms and Hyperbole"]If the Lions win it keeps them relevant as a touring party. Lose and that's four series defeats on the trot and we are in GB&I Ryder Cup territory before the introduction of Europe.

No matter what the result, this will be the second tour out of three which had damaged and undermined the brand and traditions of the Lions just as Woodward did in New Zealand. Not all traditions are worth keeping of course, but when they are so central to the ethos of any team in any sport it leaves you wondering if they have a future.

Win, lose or draw, Gatland has been a disaster for the Lions.[/quote]

That is such a massively idiotic statement. Can you please explain to us all why you think this ? What players would you have taken instead, because lets face it, this is what it is truly all about, the fact that Gatland has picked more Welsh players than any other, despite Wales getting to a world cup s/f and winning 2 grand slams and a six nations since 2008. The only disaster the Lions have had in recent years is the 2005 tour.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:51 am

Notch wrote:
Comfort wrote:thing is, if the lions win this, by hook or by crook, Gatlands a hero. 

Like f*ck he is. We may win it in spite of his selections and tactics. That would just go to show what a low ebb Robbie Deans is at with Australia. Imagine where we'd be with Gatlands tactics and selections and Quade Cooper in the team Shocked 

In years to come the headline, and what everyone will remember, is that the lions won this series. No-one remembers the shadows and negative detail when they come out victorious. Only in defeat do we sink back into the dark and beat eachother up over it.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:51 am

I am disappointed BOD isn't playing, I know he has slowed down a bit but of all the backs he is the man who can still conjour up that moment of magic and drift past defenders like they're not there and score. With the games so close that's prob all he needs to do, just one moment of magic, and I do not subscribe to the BOD is God movement but have great respect for the player.

So it does seem route one from the Lions, let's hope t's a dry pitch, be great to watch the Wallabies counter.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:53 am

LordDowlais wrote:The only disaster the Lions have had in recent years is the 2005 tour.

This one isn't over yet. I don't care how you slice it. The best in the UK and Ireland were good enough to nil the Ozzies in this series.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:56 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:The only disaster the Lions have had in recent years is the 2005 tour.

This one isn't over yet. I don't care how you slice it. The best in the UK and Ireland were good enough to nil the Ozzies in this series.

Seriuosly, get over yourself, you do not get to second best in the World by being nilled. The Aussies constantly beat the All Blacks and the Boks and yet we are supposed to nill them. People who think Australia are not that good need to look at their records against other nations that have gone to Australia over the last few years.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:59 am

If he doesnt, he swans off and takes a job back in NZ and leaves the welsh team in bits and from the top of the pile to the bottom middle again.

"You"?  "You", Comfort??  Spiffingly anti Lions thought there.  Rid it from your mind this instant.  We are all being commanded to think 'we' for the remainder of the party......

Last edited by SecretFly on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:00 am

LordDowlais wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

Seriuosly, get over yourself, you do not get to second best in the World by being nilled. The Aussies constantly beat the All Blacks and the Boks and yet we are supposed to nill them. People who think Australia are not that good need to look at their records against other nations that have gone to Australia over the last few years.

We won there, in the summer last year, same tour your lot came back after being battered.

If Gatland had learned from the 3-0 drubbing we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we?

Lets not forget what the French did to them in the Autumn either. That's this years 6N wooden spooners! thumbsup 
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:06 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

We won there, in the summer last year, same tour your lot came back after being battered.

If Gatland had learned from the 3-0 drubbing we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we?

Lets not forget what the French did to them in the Autumn either. That's this years 6N wooden spooners! thumbsup 

I am not going to get into the Scotland game, in monsoon weather and against half a full team, that argument is for another thread, the Aussies are constantly beating the likes of New Zealand and South Africa on their own turf, yet we are expected to nill them.Doh 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:07 am

Lions Lions Lions....
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:09 am

Don't think so, Comfort. The two tests so far have been predictable, and dire. A poor advert for N/H rugby. Yes, we won the first against a poor Aussie side, but even then it was a win we didn't deserve.

Still haven't heard a good reason to leave BOD out of the starting 15, and not even making the bench. Even if it was a toss of the coin between BOD, and Davies, which I don't believe it is, then I would have thought BOD for his experience, and his leadership.

I will be shouting at the top of my voice for a Lions win come the day, but at the moment have had my enthusiasm somewhat dampened by Gatlands selection which appear more self-interested than in the interests of the Lions.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:09 am

VictorU3 wrote:Lions Lions Lions....

Thats the spirit.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:11 am

SecretFly wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:So Gatland should have stuck with O'Driscoll so he could have the send-off he deserves, even though he clearly thinks Davies is the man for the job? I'm sorry, but I would think less of him if he'd done that. He wants to win the series, not spare someone's feelings. He wasn't appointed to make people feel good. For good or ill, this is professional sport.

You just keep ignoring the point over and over because in your very heart, deep in there where you're keeping it covered lest it's real glow shows, you know it was a cheap and dirty act and had no bearing on performances during the two tests.  

He's a Welsh coach, he has ambitions that stretch beyond the Lions, he has a world cup coming that's in the NH, that's so close to home some of the games are being played there.  Don't try to tell me he's not plotting two futures.  Hopefully a Lions victory and certainly more lovely high pressure Oz opposition to hone his future plans for the WC.
Davies got the nod because he's Welsh and needs the hot-house pressure experience ..not because BOD is past it.  Nothing you say will change the colour of truth.

I'm impressed you know what's in my heart, Fly. Presumably you know what's in Gatland's heart too, and that's where you found all this Wales World Cup trial bullocks.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:11 am

LordDowlais wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

I am not going to get into the Scotland game, in monsoon weather and against half a full team, that argument is for another thread, the Aussies are constantly beating the likes of New Zealand and South Africa on their own turf, yet we are expected to nill them.Doh 

With the right tactics and implementing the right personnel! YES! Of course we should! Scotland, England and Ireland have all posted up wins since the last Lions series. Why should they be beating the combined unit of the UK and Ireland?

It must really burn you up that your multiple Grand Slam winning crash ball merchants can't turn the Ozzies over.

As I said a couple of comments up on both occasions Scotland used the best tactics. Crush them up front and remove the platform for their attacking backs.

This years wooden spooners smashed them 33-6 in their last match!
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:15 am

Comfort wrote:
Notch wrote:

In years to come the headline, and what everyone will remember, is that the lions won this series. No-one remembers the shadows and negative detail when they come out victorious. Only in defeat do we sink back into the dark and beat eachother up over it.

No, in years to come I will remember the 2009 tour with much more fondness than this one regardless of the result on Saturday because on that tour the Lions played adventurous and attacking rugby and nearly nicked the series against the Worlds best side at that time- and most importantly were the best blend of four nations, something more than the sum of their parts.

Whereas the 2013 Lions are a team thats failed to come up with a distinct gameplan of their own and has seen the coach running back to favourites from his day job to try and implement the same gameplan Australia are so, so familiar with- just Wales with a few extras is Warren Gatlands answer to the Lions concept. Despite this Australia side being the weakest any TriNations team is ever likely to be in a Lions year we have looked one-dimensional, unconvincing and undeserving of winning a series this year.

Win, lose or draw it sticks in the throat and this tour will be remembered with little fondness by many. I can't tell you the amount of contempt I have for what Gatland has made of this tour.

Last edited by Notch on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:18 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

With the right tactics and implementing the right personnel! YES! Of course we should! Scotland, England and Ireland have all posted up wins since the last Lions series. Why should they be beating the combined unit of the UK and Ireland?

It must really burn you up that your multiple Grand Slam winning crash ball merchants can't turn the Ozzies over.

As I said a couple of comments up on both occasions Scotland used the best tactics. Crush them up front and remove the platform for their attacking backs.

This years wooden spooners smashed them  33-6 in their last match!

Even the Munster academy can beat Australia - Conor Murray experienced his first loss against Australia in his career last weekend!
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:20 am

Well said Notch.

2009 was a great tour, just wish we could have saw the BOD/Roberts partnership in a 2013 Test. Well done Gatland thumbsdown 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:20 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

I'm impressed you know what's in my heart, Fly. Presumably you know what's in Gatland's heart too, and that's where you found all this Wales World Cup trial bullocks.

Getting sore that I've mentioned things that should't be mentioned in any respectful LIONS thread, Luckless? .......... ulterior motives operating under the Musketeer pap publicity?  Are my accusations bringing the Lions code into disrepute?  Am I in danger of breaking the Omerta pledge?

Don't admit it then.  Don't admit anything. Keep it all to yourself.  Say to yourself BOD was dropped because Davies is proving himself better.  Do whatever it takes to keep the moral highground. Gatland has given you and others a ton of extra work to do in the next few days.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:23 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
Griff wrote:Route one rugby does beat Australia Radge - Scotland have done it twice.  Please do not try to tell me you beat them by silky running and tries scored from everywhere.  That is simply not true.  I watched the games.

LaughLaughLaughLaugh

No, Scotland did not play a running game. We crushed them up front. In the lineout, the Scrum and the Breakdown. We haven't yet picked a team to do that. In addition Parks & Laidlaw's excellent territorial kicking game kept them pinned back and we forced them into mistakes and won the game. The weather helped, I'm not for one minute saying it didn't but the Ozzies front up to the Powerful Springboks and don't seem bothered. They also have dealt with the Welsh physicality easily in the past too.

However thanks to Gatland's initial selection we don't have any alternatives to Bish Bash Bosh anymore.

No, no. I've read so many posts telling me that the Scotland way is successful. It's ingrained in my brain now. Gatlandball and Scotlandball is one and the same. 9-8 and 9-6 were the Scotland v Aus scores if I remember rightly. Wins within a few points. Just the odd kick to win those games. Sounds very much like the last 2 weeks of Lions tests. We're employing the Scotland approach to win this series - it is successful, after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:23 am

You've got me, Fly. You've uncovered the secret Welsh plot that we all knew about but weren't allowed to mention.

I thought more of you as a poster.

If you can't countenance the idea that Davies might simply have been preferred to Sacred Cow O'Driscoll, then say as much, without inventing conspiracy theories that make you look like an ass.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:37 am

Griff wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

LaughLaughLaughLaugh

No, no.  I've read so many posts telling me that the Scotland way is successful.  It's ingrained in my brain now.  Gatlandball and Scotlandball is one and the same.  9-8 and 9-6 were the Scotland v Aus scores if I remember rightly.  Wins within a few points.  Just the odd kick to win those games.  Sounds very much like the last 2 weeks of Lions tests.  We're employing the Scotland approach to win this series - it is successful, after all.

Wins built from forcing their WEAK scrum to pay out penalties. Something the Lions have failed to do.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:37 am

Comfort wrote:
rodders wrote:

Well they both have a better win/loss ratio than BOD in lions tests.....

Well in Davies case that's because BOD has been carrying him.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:39 am

this tour has been a shambles. SCW successfuly alienated the Welsh in 2005, Gatland has succesfully alienated everyone but the Welsh in this one!
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:41 am

Notch wrote:
Comfort wrote:
Notch wrote:

No, in years to come I will remember the 2009 tour with much more fondness than this one regardless of the result on Saturday because on that tour the Lions played adventurous and attacking rugby and nearly nicked the series against the Worlds best side at that time- and most importantly were the best blend of four nations, something more than the sum of their parts.

Whereas the 2013 Lions are a team thats failed to come up with a distinct gameplan of their own and has seen the coach running back to favourites from his day job to try and implement the same gameplan Australia are so, so familiar with- just Wales with a few extras is Warren Gatlands answer to the Lions concept. Despite this Australia side being the weakest any TriNations team is ever likely to be in a Lions year we have looked one-dimensional, unconvincing and undeserving of winning a series this year.

Win, lose or draw it sticks in the throat and this tour will be remembered with little fondness by many. I can't tell you the amount of contempt I have for what Gatland has made of this tour.

Notch, once again you're forcing me to agree with everything you post mate. The Gatland lions is as woeful and contrary to the brands inclusivity as was the Woodwood version.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:43 am

Jones - all he does is scrum well, work well at the break down, tackle well and has big hair

I mean I really think his dancing is over rated

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:45 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
Griff wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

LaughLaughLaughLaugh

No, no.  I've read so many posts telling me that the Scotland way is successful.  It's ingrained in my brain now.  Gatlandball and Scotlandball is one and the same.  9-8 and 9-6 were the Scotland v Aus scores if I remember rightly.  Wins within a few points.  Just the odd kick to win those games.  Sounds very much like the last 2 weeks of Lions tests.  We're employing the Scotland approach to win this series - it is successful, after all.

Wins built from forcing their WEAK scrum to pay out penalties. Something the Lions have failed to do.

They're pretty powered up now, don't you think? Maybe Gray in for Parling, but what else would you do to make our scrum more powerful, out of what we have available to us?

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:51 am

Mako "The Accordian" Vinapola is still on the bench, and Parling would be out of the 1st XXIII for me.

Evans and Gray to start with AWJ on the bench. Packing down behind Corbs, Hibbard and Cole.

Hey what do I know though?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:03 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:You've got me, Fly. You've uncovered the secret Welsh plot that we all knew about but weren't allowed to mention.

I thought more of you as a poster.

If you can't countenance the idea that Davies might simply have been preferred to Sacred Cow O'Driscoll, then say as much, without inventing conspiracy theories that make you look like an ass.

Boom again.  Keep it up Luckless. Keep the propaganda going.  Keep hitting the Sacred Cow (only there on Reputation after all) rather than looking at the tests themselves.

I don't care what you think of me.  I'm not on these threads to make friends or to keep friends by keeping my mouth shut.  I don't need respect from others on this site if you only garner it by tiptoeing around their sensibilities.  

Gatland knows he's hit a target that didn't deserve to be hit.  

O'Brien has been fluffing his lines for most of the tour - too eager to please, pushing too hard and making errors.  Bowe hasn't been better than Cuthbert on this tour.  This is not me being Irish and thinking they're all 'sacred cows'.  This is me saying BOD is still a better BOD than Davies is.  Davies and Roberts will be doing a BOD and Roberts routine.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:05 am

For a little light relief, I found this thread from the old BBC 606 from 2011 where people were talking about the test team for this lions tour - Courtney Laws was obviously the dogs baws around then!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A81102908

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:11 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:For a little light relief, I found this thread from the old BBC 606 from 2011 where people were talking about the test team for this lions tour - Courtney Laws was obviously the dogs baws around then!

It's a real shame injured have stuttered his progress.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:15 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:For a little light relief, I found this thread from the old BBC 606 from 2011 where people were talking about the test team for this lions tour - Courtney Laws was obviously the dogs baws around then!

A few blasts from the past there....check this team out from JB ha ha ha

comment by JB123 (U14573098)

posted Feb 16, 2011

15. Foden
14. Bowe
13. Mark Bennett (Uncapped, probably starting 13 for Scotland by then though)
12. Hook
11. Ashton
10. Duncan Weir
9. Youngs
8. Heaslip/O'brian
7. Barclay (C)
6. Ferris/O'Brian
5. Davis/Lawes
4. Gray
3. Cole
2. Ford
1. Jenkins

ASBO - did you have two log-in's?

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next