The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions team announced - AWJ captain & BOD dropped

+84
Taylorman
The Saint
Barney McGrew did it
Feckless Rogue
Strongback
patersonismyhero
GavinDragon
funnyExiledScot
asoreleftshoulder
LeinsterFan4life
Tattie Scones RRN
OzT
scoi
Sin é
wolfball
lostinwales
Big
dublfcynwa
Geordie
Notch
Pyleboy65
glamorganalun
KiaRose
The Great Aukster
LordDowlais
theslosty
Comfort
timhen
BlueNote
sensisball
whocares
Thomond
Newsilure
SecretFly
pbuk0
JmD
hugehandoff
2ndtimeround
bluestonevedder
MrsP
wales606
kingjohn7
The Bachelor
Scrumpy
R!skysports
marty2086
rodders
tigerleghorn
debaters1
doctor_grey
tigertattie
Taffineastbourne
Hookisms and Hyperbole
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Ulster12
RubyGuby
ME-109
RDW
Redrage
beshocked
GloriousEmpire
Luckless Pedestrian
Cyril
thomh
Sgt_Pooly
jimmyinthewell68
GunsGerms
Rob B
valtrepkos
nathan
t1000advancedprototype
Ozzy3213
Cardiff Taffy
HammerofThunor
trebellbobaggins
RuggerRadge2611
BigTrevsbigmac
doctornickolas
fa0019
B91212
EST
red_stag
Standulstermen
GLove39
88 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Lions team announced - AWJ captain & BOD dropped - Page 10 Empty Lions team announced - AWJ captain & BOD dropped

Post by GLove39 Wed 03 Jul 2013, 3:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Given the whole Horwill incident that adds another interesting edge to Saturdays game!

Gatland names 10 Welshman in his starting XV.
And Richie Gray becomes this weeks token Scot...

1. Corbisiero,
2. Hibbard,
3. A Jones,
4. A W Jones (c),
5. Parling,
6. Lydiate,
7. O'Brien,
8. Faletau

9. Phillips
10. Sexton
11. North
12. Roberts
13. Davis
14. Bowe
15. Halfpenny

Bench - T Youngs, Vunipola, Cole, Gray, Tipuric, Murray, Farrell, Tuilagi.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Lions team announced - AWJ captain & BOD dropped - Page 10 Empty Re: Lions team announced - AWJ captain & BOD dropped

Post by Taffineastbourne Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:00 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:I am going to scream and scream and stamp my foot until I am sick!
Can Mr Radge explain to an old duffer why reposting the same thing over and over and over and over again is moving things on?
Nobody was in any doubt from your first gripey post.Does constant repetition strengthen or weaken your argument?
One thing for sure it is blwydi boring!

Shhhhhh Adults are talking.

It's a forum. We are discussing things. thumbsup
Sorry to disillusion you but that is the last thing that you are doing.Like a scratched record or one of my grand kids you simply go on and on on the same topic.
Do you think after your 1000th rant about how your beloved Scots have been treated you will convert all doubters?It isn't going to work.Tumbleweed 

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Lions team announced - AWJ captain & BOD dropped - Page 10 Empty Re: Lions team announced - AWJ captain & BOD dropped

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:04 am

Scots???????????????????

They're Lions, Taff. Don't lose sight of the propaganda guff now, not so close to the end. Only a few more days left. Hang in there.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:00 pm

Taff - to be fair do you think constantly banging on, that other people are bangng on, is going to make your case any stronger either?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:03 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Taff - to be fair do you think constantly banging on, that other people are bangng on, is going to make your case any stronger either?
OK.We will call a truce.Scots stop whingeing and I will stop moaning about their whingeing.It will work for me!Wink 

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:10 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Taff - to be fair do you think constantly banging on, that other people are bangng on, is going to make your case any stronger either?
OK.We will call a truce.Scots stop whingeing and I will stop moaning about their whingeing.It will work for me!Wink 

Hug and the world is a happier place
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:26 pm

RubyGuby wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
We could do it:
South African Tight forwards,
New Zealand loose forwards,
Australian backs apart fom Carter at 10.

See simple, we can do anything.

That's how it starts I'm afraid. It seems good on paper and then !!!!!!! thumbsup

See that's cause he's an Aucklander
otherwise why would he drop Owen Franks, Sam Whitelock, Conrad Smith, Julian Savea, Isreal Dagg. Cause those players are from the Crusdaers and Hurricanes territory so he would rather pick meateaters and criminals than kiwis that aren't Blues. It's a conspiracy I tell you!
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intotouch Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:51 pm

Every lions tour involves fans from each nationality furiously fighting with each other over selections. That I'm getting angry, even though I know this, makes me even more angry!

I wish they'd scrap this stupid tour. Replace it with an mashed together SH side and watch those fans seethe with rage and animosity, spend a small fortune to follow their team and then watch them lose. Over and over again. And see their best players come back in bits. Think of all the money it would bring into Britain and Ireland and how happy and united our countries would be watching our teams play against them! This is definitely the way to go.

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:01 pm

Intotouch wrote:Every lions tour involves fans from each nationality furiously fighting with each other over selections. That I'm getting angry, even though I know this, makes me even more angry!

I wish they'd scrap this stupid tour. Replace it with an mashed together SH side and watch those fans seethe with rage and animosity, spend a small fortune to follow their team and then watch them lose. Over and over again. And see their best players come back in bits. Think of all the money it would bring into Britain and Ireland and how happy and united our countries would be watching our teams play against them! This is definitely the way to go.

It would be a once in every 16 years for the home nations, which would keep the magic going on our shores, and it would also give a huge confidence boost (to who evers turn it was to host them) as they would know they went toe to toe with the best the SH had to offer and won. Maybe it would see a swing in the power ballence at the top of the rugby world pecking order.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:44 pm

Sorry to burst the bubble...they'd win more than they'd lose...again.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Thu 04 Jul 2013, 3:41 pm

Stolen unashamedly from the Telegraph but I agree with it 100%.

'Firstly, there is no Lions tradition that requires Gatland to pick a numerical balance between players from the home countries. If he wants 15 Welshmen he can have them.

Secondly, this team hase not been picked because of Welsh bias but because it fits Gatland's game plan, which is also Wales game plan, hence the Welsh contingent.

Gatland's reputation will rise or fall on the result on Saturday.

As for Rugby reasons for picking other players; there are plenty of them.

I'd go with T Youngs because, on this tour he has outplayed the others.

I'd pick Croft at 6 because it would enable us to vary our lineout options and put pressure on Australia's. I'd pick Tipuric (yes a Welshman) at 7 because of his pace and ability to win ball on the ground.

With these changes we would have a pack that I believe would dominate the scrum, have the edge in the lineout, compete at the breakdown and have options out wide.

I'd pick B Youngs at 9 because he is the best attacking 9 available and has beaten Australia in 3 of his last 5 games against them (England and Lions).

I'd pick Tuilagi and O'Driscol in the centre. From the games I have watched (all of them) I believe they have struck up an understanding. Also there is a balance of power and guile.

The rest I leave the same.

There, rugby reasons - my opinions obviously others might disagree - Gatland disagrees.'

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 4:02 pm

Has it ever happened?  Has the Lions ever fielded a complete 15 from one Nation in a test?  The real battle hardened and staunch followers will be able to tell me.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 05 Jul 2013, 7:49 am

From what I've read, the most any one country has had was England with 12 in the 1880s. Whether it was in a Test match, I don't know.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10