The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon

+25
Stella
Roller_Coaster
guildfordbat
seanmichaels
NickisBHAFC
bellchees
Fernando
LondonTiger
Trebs
Hulking_up
VDT
JuliusHMarx
The Womble
Bull
x12x
compelling and rich
ShahenshahG
Nakatomi Plaza
Il Gialloblu
Galted
Adam D
Hero
MIG
Rowley
Dolphin Ziggler
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Best Children's Cartoon in TV History

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 8 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_lcap10%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 12 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_lcap9%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 7 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 8 ]
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 124

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Empty The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 05 Jul 2013, 4:21 pm

A storming first round was taken by the clear winner Mr Gene Hunt of Life on Mars, giving Chequered Jersey an early lead. The round also saw Danger Mouse picking up enough votes to get 5 points, but Magnum PI leaving with 0. You should have worn an eye patch Tom.

This round is your favourite Children's Cartoon. This is what you stared at when you should have been outside playing. Now look at you, a generation of mutant freaks.

As ever, please choose two selections. 

The next round will be Best Thing on Television Today. The literal sense of today should be ignored, I of course mean a currently running series. Ie the series has to be either scheduled to appear or commissioned for another series (I will accept anything thats new series finished in the last eight months but havent declared whether they are continuing). The Sopranos has finished, Arrested Development isnt on TV, Friends repeats are just that. Things like Family Guy do count as there will definitely be more of them. This is not actually that confusing, but when you're sending me your choices please pick a second and possibly third choice so that I can ignore you when you make inevitable mistakes.

The scoring has been done in a fancy Eurovision style but obviously with a lot of joint second and third places etc skewing the usual scoreboard.

Chequered Jersey - 12
Adam D - 10
Nakatomi Plaza - 10 
VDT - 10
Marky - 10
xViperx - 5
Bull - 5
Hero - 5
NickisBHAFC - 5
Kenny - 1
Tino - 1
Sir Johnny English - 1

Congratulations to Seanmichaels and Union Cane on receiving no votes.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 4:29 pm

Thundercats and Transformers. Hands down. Surprised no-one went for the Simpsons though!

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon

Post by Rowley Fri 05 Jul 2013, 4:31 pm

Difficult for me as I did not watch a lot of cartoons when I was a kid and certainly don't now. Have voted for Wacky Races and Scooby Doo, with the caveat that Scooby doo better be before Scrappy got involved.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 05 Jul 2013, 4:33 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Thundercats and Transformers. Hands down. Surprised no-one went for the Simpsons though!

I refused Simpsons on the grounds that is not really a kiddy cartoon

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 05 Jul 2013, 4:37 pm

This was a really tough pick, I've spent many hours glued to these cartoons!
Gone with my all time favourite Transformers. Could have picked so many for second choice but in the end went with Dungeons and Dragons.
Special mentions to Tom n Jerry, Thundercats, He Man and Dogtanian!

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 05 Jul 2013, 4:54 pm

Have to applaud whoever picked Adventure Time, my sons watch that and it's really good!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 05 Jul 2013, 4:54 pm

I have voted for my top two picks (my third was dogtanian!).

Some strange choices and not as strong as I thought this might have been!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 05 Jul 2013, 5:04 pm

I was forced to go for my own, haven't seen any of the others apart from Scooby Doo & Tom and Jerry which get on my nerves.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Fri 05 Jul 2013, 5:06 pm

I would have nominated Batfink.

Will wait for the TBC to indeed be confirmed before voting as it might yet be Batfink and I don't know if vote cancelling is on. TMNT and Dogtanian otherwise. But not yet.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 05 Jul 2013, 5:07 pm

Galted wrote:I was forced to go for my own,

I knew you would break.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 05 Jul 2013, 5:14 pm

Rowley wrote:
Galted wrote:I was forced to go for my own,

I knew you would break.

Laugh 

I did consider not voting but then I can't see how the poll's going.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 05 Jul 2013, 5:15 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:I would have nominated Batfink.

Will wait for the TBC to indeed be confirmed before voting as it might yet be Batfink and I don't know if vote cancelling is on. TMNT and Dogtanian otherwise. But not yet.

I may have forgotten to put it on this time so that is very clever careful thinking.

Adventure Time is a programme my 26 year old sister keeps telling me to watch

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 05 Jul 2013, 6:51 pm

Gone for Dogtanian and TMNT. Would have loved to have seen Mysterious Cities of Gold and 80 days around the world with Willy Fog be in contention.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 05 Jul 2013, 7:04 pm

Ive gone for Scooby and the wacky races only because Albert the fifth musketeer wasn't on this list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHLJDs9jAvk

Almost makes you like the french. Almost.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 05 Jul 2013, 7:13 pm

some shockers on there

went for thudercats (was my first pick anyway) then my own he-man. only other i really enjoyed as a kid was TMNT. surprised nobody went with ghostbusters

scooby doo was average, every episode was basically the same, even as i kid i had the baddy figured out after 5 minutes

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 05 Jul 2013, 7:16 pm

just remembered one my favorites that i would have had over he-man

x men cartoon was mint!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 05 Jul 2013, 8:14 pm

In second as predicted!

Might do alright this round but next will be a null pointer!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 05 Jul 2013, 8:29 pm

Hero wrote:Have to applaud whoever picked Adventure Time, my sons watch that and it's really good!

That was me haha, I have to admit that it's quite new so I never watched it as a kid but as a 25 year old...I love it, it's one of the strangest things I've ever seen and it's easy to see why a lot of adults have become obsessed with it...I know it won't get many votes as it's not massive but I don't see the point of choosing something that isn't my personal favourite.

For anyone who hasn't seen adventure time...this goes some of the way of "explaining" it.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 05 Jul 2013, 8:31 pm

Do we have the next round yet?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:43 pm

Read the paragraph that comes below the choices Viper! 

Also, if anyone messaged me after 20:49 this evening then I dont think I'll have got it as my inbox was full

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:54 pm

PM'd you four choices Chris, hopefully the first one isn't taken, shocked if it isn't though.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:55 pm

thats cheating!

if i dont get mine and he does not get his first one and then the next one etc, thats unfair and i will not stand for that

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:56 pm

Bull wrote:thats cheating!

if i dont get mine and he does not get his first one and then the next one etc, thats unfair and i will not stand for that

How is it cheating? I've numbered them and made sure that it saves Chris time...he asked us to do it before so I did it again.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:57 pm

cheat.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:10 pm

This is quite hard for me as I watched at least 6 of these religiously! Gone for Thundercats and TMNT. I loved these 2 shows and they edge it.

Honourable mentions to Dungeons and Dragons and Dogtanian. Plus whoever nominated Bravestarr has great taste in cartoons. Absolutely loved Bravestarr!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:13 pm

Bull, its not cheating, I always ask for first and second and beyond choices because so many people message at once. Id rather not have to message you 5 times a night you know Whistle If the day comes that two people message me at exactly the same time with the exact same shows in the exact same order, none having been chosen before, I'll probably tell both people to Frak off

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:41 pm

Did I get my 1st choice btw?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:00 pm

Bull wrote:cheat.

Shut up Meg.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:07 pm

Batman and Johnny Bravo (which should have been mine!)

If you've never seen The Tick, which I suspect is most of you, you're missing a very funny show.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:09 pm

Hero wrote:Did I get my 1st choice btw?

Not allowed anything you yourself have appeared in. So, no, you didnt get Robot Wars

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:10 pm

You didn't get Dumb & Dumber then either?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:11 pm

Ive seen the Tick and it was ok but its not that funny Julius tbh lol

Family guy has never been funny Viper lol

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:12 pm

Hero wrote:You didn't get Dumb & Dumber then either?

The film quiz ended ages ago. Beavis and Butthead though was disallowed

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:15 am

Bought the entire series of Dungeons & Dragons last month and its brilliant and my son loves as well!

Had to go with Bravestar as well it was my favourite
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:18 am

VDT wrote:Bought the entire series of Dungeons & Dragons last month and its brilliant and my son loves as well!

Had to go with Bravestar as well it was my favourite

My fave with D&D is in the last season where they have a Nazi episode!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Sat 06 Jul 2013, 1:38 pm

Powerpuff Girls? Really?

I went with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Looney tunes.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 07 Jul 2013, 12:03 pm

I get the feeling this forum is the wrong age group for my shows Laugh

If we had a different demographic I'd storm this.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 07 Jul 2013, 12:53 pm

Powerpuff girls was fantastic

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 07 Jul 2013, 12:55 pm

Bull wrote:Powerpuff girls was fantastic

Shocked Shocked Shocked 

if you say so!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 07 Jul 2013, 12:59 pm

just cause i think different dont make it wrong old man.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 07 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

Bull wrote:just cause i think different dont make it wrong old man.

possibly true the charms of the programme may have well pasted me by, i did watch a fair bit of it though through my niece and thought it was utter crap

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 07 Jul 2013, 1:13 pm

no captain planet is a bad miss, although i do get the feeling that this round is slightly biased towards the younger members, with them being the more numerous

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:06 pm

Get with the times Grandad!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:28 pm

how old do people think i am on here?? im only 28, just have better taste than rubbish that was on cartoon network like powerpuff girls. if your going for cartoon network classics at least have johnny bravo

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:48 pm

Saying that, Thundercats and Wacky Races are winning.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:51 pm

wacky races will do well because it was pretty much always on, just kept throwing out old repeats bit similar to scooby doo. will be seen by a much wider range. thudercats was over far too quickly but was awesome, would be a worthy winner.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 07 Jul 2013, 8:23 pm

Danger Mouse, greatest ever.

Closely followed by Tom and Jerry

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 07 Jul 2013, 9:17 pm

We have quite a few choices still to come people, and a lot of big shows have already been chosen.

(I think) We still need picks from: House, Nick, Tino, Julius, Superflyweight, Seanmichaels, Bhb001, Union Cane, Marky and Doctor Grey.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 07 Jul 2013, 9:40 pm

All these choices do is make me think id rather watch Button Moon,Magic Roundabout/Thomas The Tank Engine or top cat Very Happy

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 07 Jul 2013, 9:42 pm

Top cat would have been my choice after Fairly Odd Parents.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next