The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character

+17
compelling and rich
Davie
superflyweight
seanmichaels
Galted
JuliusHMarx
Nakatomi Plaza
MIG
Marky
Adam D
Trebs
Union Cane
ChequeredJersey
bhb001
LondonTiger
guildfordbat
Dolphin Ziggler
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best Soap Character

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 7 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 7 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_lcap12%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 10 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_lcap7%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 6 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 7 ]
[ 4 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_lcap7%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 6 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 86

Poll closed

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Empty The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:16 pm

Well, after a late surge, David Attenborough has only gone and won the Best TV Presenter in Round Seven and given Tino another boost full of points. The competitions opens up a little more as the hero of the early rounds, Hero, struggles to make a huge mark in the later parts of the competition.

Tino/Attenborough - 12
Marky/Stelling - 10
Barragan/Susanna Reid - 8
Adam D/Dara O'Briain - 7
Bull/Clarkson - 7
VDT/Stephen Fry - 5
Kenny/Bob Monkhouse - 4
Chequered Jersey/Simon Amstell - 4
Ziggler/Parkinson - 2
Compelling and Rich/Chris Kamara - 2
CJB/Ant n Dec - 2

This round we focus on the best soap character of all time. I cant think of any jokes about people being made of soap, except really offensive ones anyway. So, its about people from the likes of Eastenders, Corrie and Dream Team.

Please pick your two favourites!

Our next round is a simple one. Best British Sitcom is our category. Send me a few as someone will think of the one you go for.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:17 pm

I'm not sure what I was typing when I put "(your choice was tane" but its meant to be taken*

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Eight - Best Soap Character

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:26 pm

My vote's for Fred Elliot! I say my vote's for Fred Elliot!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Was any of tehse Natalie Imbruglia's character in neighbours?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:29 pm

No, she played Beth Willis, or so says my Uncle Google

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:37 pm

I can't really vote because I literally only know my own choice and a couple of others by name only. Might have to go for the Eastenders bunch by default
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:39 pm

The actress who played Sky did apparently date Cipriani though Lt
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:51 pm

Not going to lie I don't really know who any of these people are

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:57 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:The actress who played Sky did apparently date Cipriani though Lt

That is her ruled out then Very Happy

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:11 pm

Can't bring myself to vote for my own choice, so I've gone for Fred, I say, Fred Elliott and Dorothy Branning.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:41 pm

Can you PM me which choice i got?
And I'm shocked to get 0 in the last round for brucie

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:44 pm

whats the overall leaderboard look like?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:46 pm

Adam D wrote:whats the overall leaderboard look like?

It looks like a big long list of user names, but it inexplicably doesn't feature mine.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:59 pm

Marky – 48
Hero - 37
Adam D - 36
Nakatomi Plaza – 36
Tino – 35
Chequered Jersey - 34
Kenny – 28
Bull - 27
OnlyTrebleWinners 22
B3rragan – 21
Sir Johnny English – 21
VDT – 21
Dolphin Ziggler 17
NickisBHAFC - 10
CJB – 10
Compelling and Rich - 10
BHB001 – 8
SeanMichaels 6
Julius H Marx - 6
Rowley - 6
xViperx - 5
Superflyweight 5
Hulking Up - 4

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:01 pm

I'm screwed after this round, I'm not going to be getting a big score here and think I will drop out of the running
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:12 pm

Oh now who is voting Lucy Beale?! I laughed when she was picked

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:23 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Oh now who is voting Lucy Beale?! I laughed when she was picked

Someone likes them young and skinny.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:52 pm

I voted for Karl Kennedy, and Frank Butcher. Frank was an absolute legend, who could go from threatning to punch someone's face to breaking down in tears within the blink of an eye, at least four times a show.

Kudos to whomever nominated Karl Fletcher, and Lou Carpenter.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:54 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:I'm screwed after this round, I'm not going to be getting a big score here and think I will drop out of the running

I'm screwed every round. Norwegian entry in Eurovision song contest for the last two rounds with a chance of getting even less in this round!! Thank god for Animal in the muppets is all I can say or I would be even lower than Rowley. Oh the shame!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:06 pm

I should note that I mean Best British and Irish sitcoms

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:08 pm

I seem to be doing quite well this round. It's a bit embarrassing when my taste coincides with the unwashed masses.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:25 pm

And Julius, there is no common denominator as low as the soap opera.

You should be ashamed.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Adam, you're a drunk, a tramp and an unfit mother.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:10 pm

How many rounds are left? Wondering how long I've got left to realise my dream of a point.

Philistines.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Doc Kennedy is a legend. Met him in real life and wasn't disappointed.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:31 pm

I voted for Tina from coronation street because Michelle Keegan has a great pair of Gert Stonkers!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:49 pm

Galted wrote:How many rounds are left?  Wondering how long I've got left to realise my dream of a point.

Philistines.

Just think if you pick up a point this round you might hear it on the radio, and you'll think to yourself "this is my moment"

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:50 pm

Administration, can Harold Bishop be put on as an extra option?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Enid Sharples?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Going for the oldie vote Whistle 

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:20 pm

Davie wrote:Enid Sharples?

A friend of Elsa Tanner Wink 

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:31 pm

I reckon I might pull off the impossible coup of finishing second in the Film, TV and music cups at this rate!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:13 am

Adam D wrote:I reckon I might pull off the impossible coup of finishing second in the Film, TV and music cups at this rate!

Always the bride maid ....

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:15 am

Davie wrote:Enid Sharples?

Actually Ena Sharples isn't it. Doh  I'll get my coat.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:57 am

I should have voted for flick scully

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:03 pm

MIG wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Oh now who is voting Lucy Beale?! I laughed when she was picked

Someone likes them young and skinny.

I unashamedly voted for Lucy Whistle

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:10 pm

Sir Fred Elliot I say Sir Fred Elliot and Mr Ewing.

Never saw them both in the same room at the same time. #justsaying

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:40 pm

If you're voting on a soap star cos she's hot then googling Michelle Keegan and the photo that may or may not be her boobs is definitely something you should do outside of work.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:21 pm

Can't believe my choice cannot beat the two dogs in the poll. Wouldn't mind if he was losing to Bouncer, but Well'ard and Schmeichel!

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:37 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:If you're voting on a soap star cos she's hot then googling Michelle Keegan and the photo that may or may not be her boobs is definitely something you should do outside of work.

michelle keegan is defintaely one of the fittest in real life but her character dresses like a scally and doesn't look half as fit as she does in real life. now with flick you got the school uniform!!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:05 am

No votes, again.

If I was trying to get no votes I wouldn't mind, but I go into each round seriously expecting to do well.

I can only assume that you are all philistinistic simpletons.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:12 am

Union Cane wrote:No votes, again.

If I was trying to get no votes I wouldn't mind, but I go into each round seriously expecting to do well.

I can only assume that you are all philistinistic simpletons.

This is the first round I genuinely have no bleeding idea about as I don't watch soaps and never really have, did not even give a proper name for my nominee as I did not know it. However oddly enough it is the best score I have ever received, as our friends over the pond would say go figure.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:24 am

Not a big watcher myself, TIMC insists on having Eastenders on but I never watch any of the others. Picked an 80's legend hoping for the nostalgia vote but I seem to have drawn a blank again.

Oz Cabs!
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:20 am

Aside from them being hot, what over possible reason could one ever have to vote for a soap star?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:19 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Aside from them being hot, what over possible reason could one ever have to vote for a soap star?

The actor/actress providing an insightful portrayal of an everyday character with intriguing idiosyncrasies and a hidden depth of character bubbling beneath, combined with successfully keeping the character fresh for sustained periods of time, often many, many years?

Although hot or funny are clearly better criteria.

Last edited by Roller_Coaster on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:29 pm

Does OTH count as a soap? I should have gone for Brooke
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:41 pm

Zilch Sad Two zeros in a row means I can't finish high up the order Sad

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:22 pm

I believe we are a pick from VDT and CJB down from the next round

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:31 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Well, after a late surge, David Attenborough has only gone and won the Best TV Presenter in Round Seven and given Tino another boost full of points.

Quite right as well. I wish he was my grandad, he is so awesome.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:49 am

Welcome back Tina, congratulations on your Attenborough related victory, guess a lot on here are just too young to have enjoyed William G Stewart in his pomp.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next