The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's

+26
Nakatomi Plaza
JAS
ryan86
mystiroakey
bhb001
The Womble
Uryu Ishida
Union Cane
JDizzle
superflyweight
The Boss
Adam D
ChequeredJersey
seanmichaels
Shot 21 LCFC
VDT
Kenny
Hulking_up
JuliusHMarx
MIG
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
Bull
Hero
Dolphin Ziggler
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Best Programme Aired in the 1980s

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap9%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap14%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 16 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 9 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap9%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 118

Poll closed

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Empty The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 11 Jul 2013, 11:57 pm

It is time for round four ladies and gentleman, a round that looks to give some of the edge back to our competitors over the age of 25. 

Modern tosh is out the window now as we find out the best programme aired in the 1980s. Crap clothes and cheesy music at the ready, its time for some eyecatching action!

As ever please vote for your favourite TWO selections, cannae stress this enough as there were definitely ones and threes thrown in last round.

Round Three's Results are as follows:

Hero - Game of Thrones 12 
Kenny - The Walking Dead 10
CJB - Sherlock 8
B3rragan - Big Bang Theory 8
VDT - QI 6
BHB001 - Dexter 6
JuliusHMarx - Doctor Who 6
Sir Johnny English - Breaking Bad 6
Rowley - The Apprentice 2
Marky - South Park 1

The Next Round is an odd one. Best "Non-Human" Character of All Television History. Aliens, animals and the like all count, including mythical beings and your stupid little vampires and stuff. A specific arthropod would have to be named. Send me about 4 choices in preference order. [EDIT - I wont allow Doctor Who as he might as well be a human in my book as he is portrayed so rarely as anything other than that]

The Current Standings are as follows:

Hero - 27
Nakatomi Plaza - 22
VDT - 16
Marky - 14
Adam D - 15
Bull - 12
Chequered Jersey - 12
Tino - 11
Kenny - 11
CJB  - 8
B3rragan - 8
Sir Johnny English - 7
SeanMichaels - 6
BHB001 -6
JuliusHMarx - 6
Superflyweight - 5
xViperx - 5
NickisBHAFC – 5
Rowley - 2
OnlyTrebleWinners - 2
Dolphin Ziggler - 2

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's

Post by Hero Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:23 am

Cedric the centipede has to be the frontrunner surely for the next round.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's

Post by Bull Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:34 am

happy with my choice for the next round (i was the person who sent doctor who but it got rejected but happy with the second pick)

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 12 Jul 2013, 7:29 am

Went for Cheers & Only Fools and Horses, Wonder Years deserves an honourable mention. A bit annoyed that I was too late to have Cheers as my selection in the poll, & even more annoyed afterwards when I realised I could have had the Young Ones.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Jul 2013, 8:06 am

Galted wrote:Wonder Years deserves an honourable mention.

I knew you and I would overcome our differences one day, Galted.

I went for Knight Rider simply for the happy memories of bombing round the school playground pretending to be KITT. The fact I was holding hands with another boy who was pretending to be Michael Knight isn't my proudest moment but I am not ashamed of it.

I also went for Auf Wiedersehen, Pet as it was just brilliant. Love the fact Tony Adams found time to film that whilst having a full-time football career as well. What a guy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Jul 2013, 8:08 am

I forgot to add, this is a brilliant line-up, especially for posters of a certain vintage. And if you're too young to remember them, then your vote is unimportant anyway.

They don't make shows like this anymore, I tell thee.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:03 am

I also went for Auf Wiedersehen Tina, also voted for my own nominee. Genuinely did not want to do it but wholeheartedly believe it is the best show on there

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:04 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I went for Knight Rider simply for the happy memories of bombing round the school playground pretending to be KITT.  The fact I was holding hands with another boy who was pretending to be Michael Knight isn't my proudest moment but I am not ashamed of it.

Laugh 

Still laughing as I hit the send button.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:09 am

Rowley wrote:I also went for Auf Wiedersehen Tina, also voted for my own nominee. Genuinely did not want to do it but wholeheartedly believe it is the best show on there

I am so dis-heartened by that, Jeff. I really am. I thought you were better than that.

Next you'll be telling me you subscribe to BoxNation.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:16 am

Confused on this one.
A-Team and Knightrider were my favourite shows back in the day but watch them now and I realise how utterly gash they are/were.
Whereas Red Dwarf and Quantum Leap are still some of my favourite shows now and have stood the test of time.
So what do I do?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:18 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Next you'll be telling me you subscribe to BoxNation.

Never Tina, there are certain principles that cannot be compromised. Have never and will never vote tory, some of us don't forget about the milk.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:19 am

MIG wrote:Confused on this one.  
A-Team and Knightrider were my favourite shows back in the day but watch them now and I realise how utterly gash they are/were.
Whereas Red Dwarf and Quantum Leap are still some of my favourite shows now and have stood the test of time.
So what do I do?

You ponder over how you, or anyone else, could possibly like Red Dwarf before voting for A-Team and Knightrider.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:21 am

MIG wrote:
So what do I do?

Voting for The Wonder Years would seem the obvious compromise?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:22 am

I can definitely see why Red Dwarf is an aquired taste but I love it and I'm not ashamed to.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:22 am

The Wonder Years was good too but not quite on the same level for me.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 12 Jul 2013, 10:49 am

The A-Team has 4 votes. Hill Street Blues has 0.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of 606v2 posters.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 10:49 am

Galted wrote:
MIG wrote:Confused on this one.  
So what do I do?

You ponder over how you, or anyone else, could possibly like Red Dwarf before voting for A-Team and Knightrider.
Exactly! A-Team and Knightrider got my vote, and I think the A-Team has stood the test of time very well, I still make tanks from saucepan lids and milk bottles to this very day!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 10:50 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:The A-Team has 4 votes. Hill Street Blues has 0.
I'm 31 and I've never heard of Hill Street Blues Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 12 Jul 2013, 10:52 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
I'm also 31 and I've also never heard of Hill Street Blues.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Jul 2013, 10:54 am

MIG wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:

I'm 35 and I have heard of Hill Street Blues.

This is good fun.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 12 Jul 2013, 10:58 am

IMHO Hill Street was the best TV programme ever made. It was ground-breaking at the time and it's influence is still seen in many of today's show.

From wiki - "In 2002, Hill Street Blues was ranked number 14 on TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time and in 2013 TV Guide ranked it #1 in its list of The 60 Greatest Dramas of All Time"

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:00 am

TV Guide has clearly never watched Hollyoaks then #grippingdrama

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:03 am

I am 40 Tina and like you I have heard of it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:04 am

I went with Knight Rider and Only Fools and Horses.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:13 am

If OFAH wins this, don't hold me responsible for what I'll say. Awful programme, not funny, enjoyed by idiots and simpletons only. And we still have to put up with it on Christmas Day furious

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:15 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:If OFAH wins this, don't hold me responsible for what I'll say. Awful programme, not funny, enjoyed by idiots and simpletons only. And we still have to put up with it on Christmas Day furious

Frak you.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:17 am

OFAH could be very funny. Think the main problem with the show is they just carried on too long. The episodes after they made their millions were painfully unfunny.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:18 am

Ive never seen it but vote Cheers

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:20 am

Bull wrote:Ive never seen it but vote Cheers

Erm

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:23 am

I'm 43 and i Watched ' Hill Street Blues ' Very Happy 
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:24 am

sent in my round 5 picks by the way , thought most would of gone so went with a couple less obvious ones
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:29 am

Kenny wrote:I'm 43 and i Watched ' Hill Street Blues ' Very Happy 

Yeah, but did you vote for it?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:30 am

Kenny wrote:sent in my round 5 picks by the way , thought most would of gone so went with a couple less obvious ones

You're doing it again, Kenny - it's "most would have gone".  Please sort this out so that I can stop following you around the forum tidying up your grammar.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:34 am

Your such a grammar nazi.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:36 am

it keeps you busy ( is that ok ? )
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:40 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Your such a grammar nazi.

That should be "You're such a grammar Nazi".

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:41 am

Galted wrote:

Yes dear, I know.

I am wasted on here.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:44 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
I am wasted on here.

Would go some way to explaining many of your posts.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:48 am

Rowley wrote:
I am wasted on here.

Would go some way to explaining many of your posts.

At least I am strong enough not to vote for my own choice.

Although having said that, I think I have worked your choice out. Boys from the Blackstuff? That is actually a good one.

If I didn't have so many fond memories of holding hands with boys, I may well have voted for it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:48 am

Galted wrote:

Yes dear, I know.

I am wasted on here.

I do apologise for underestimating you but it did help (albeit inadvertently) to explain your smartarsedness to the masses.

That should be "Yes, dear, I know."

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:09 pm

MIG wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:

I'm also 31 and I've also never heard of Hill Street Blues
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:11 pm

Possibly the hardest poll ever! So many cracking choices. In the end I went for Quantum Leap and The Incredible Hulk as I could easily watch the whole of those series (sic) again and again.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:14 pm

Quantum Leap and Red Dwarf are possably my 2 favourite shows of all times!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:15 pm

Picked Fun House assuming it was the Pat Sharp program. Would still to this day love to have a go on that final assualt course thing.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:20 pm

My apologies to Julius, who should have got points in the last round but I somehow ignored the votes of Doctor Who. I'll adjust the scores...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:21 pm

Right the failure on the last two rounds I can understand but I will give up hope if this round continues as it is
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:25 pm

Can't believe Jim Bowen isn't pulling more in!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:31 pm

Married with Children got my vote for top spot (it was my second choice) but kudos to whoever picked the equaliser.

Great show and possibly the most sinister opening credits to any show ever! If you dont believe me, google it!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:35 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Picked Fun House assuming it was the Pat Sharp program. Would still to this day love to have a go on that final assualt course thing.

You been watching it on Challenge,

Funny looking back and some of the prizes are great really state of the art stuff of time like a Sony Walkman, a clock radio and calculator watch or something every 11 year old boy wants like a Music Magazine Subscription with pics of Bros and Wet Wet Wet on the Cover or a badminton racket
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:43 pm

Two of my favourite programmes of all time are on this list and get my votes. Red Dwarf and The Simpsons.

When I got the votes I thought A Team was nailed on to win. Its popular even with people who have never watched it, probably just the theme tune.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next