The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter

+23
Nakatomi Plaza
super_realist
seanmichaels
The Special Juan
kiakahaaotearoa
superflyweight
Stella
The Womble
Roller_Coaster
Hulking_up
Il Gialloblu
NickisBHAFC
ChequeredJersey
Union Cane
Marky
bhb001
Galted
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
Bull
MIG
guildfordbat
Dolphin Ziggler
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best Presenter (Pick Two)

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap15%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 17 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap13%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 15 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 9 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 9 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap9%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_lcap7%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 117

Poll closed

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Empty The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 24 Jul 2013, 7:24 pm

After a small delay, we are moving on to Round Seven. 

This time around we look at the Best Presenter in TV history. We get Parky, Wossy, Ant n Dec, Jezza, Cheggers and, of course, William G Stewart.

These presenters are the face of TV programmes we love, their voices a guide to what we watch and their tone delivered to match the moments we see. Or something.

Last week we saw a battle between dancing jubblies and jubblies to see which programme would be crowned our favourite Guilty Pleasure.

In the end, nothing could separate Babestation and Strictly Come Dancing (a line surely reserved for the Radio Times).

Strictly/Tino - 12
Babestation/Marky - 12
Buffy/Sir Johnny English - 8
Raw/Bull - 7
Bargain Hunt/Adam D - 6
The Chase/OnlyTrebleWinners - 5
One Tree Hill/Chequered Jersey - 5
Big Brother/Moi - 3
X Factor/Hero - 3
Golden Girls/Kenny - 3

Having deleted the messages I sent to Tino which also had some really good rounds to come, I will choose a simple one for round eight. 

Next round is Best Soap Character.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 24 Jul 2013, 7:30 pm

I have deleted the messages I got from Tino, which sadly means having given him the next few rounds in advance as hes away on holiday, I now no longer have his responses. Sorry, Tino! Doh

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Seven: Best Presenter

Post by guildfordbat Wed 24 Jul 2013, 8:08 pm

A long list of the best tv presenters in history includes Keith Chegwin and Chris Kamara but not the late Alan Whicker. A funny old game.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 24 Jul 2013, 8:09 pm

I've gone for Jeremy Clarkson and Ant and Dec. I don't even care about the stick I get for it but I love Ant and Dec Laugh 

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 24 Jul 2013, 8:11 pm

MIG wrote:I've gone for Jeremy Clarkson and Ant and Dec. I don't even care about the stick I get for it but I love Ant and Dec Laugh 
Agreed.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 24 Jul 2013, 8:52 pm

Went with Jeff Stelling as he was my first pick and Bob Monkhouse. The man was a genius

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:04 pm

Was tempted by Barrymore - no, hang on, that came out wrong.

Went for Stelling and Parkinson.

Bonus points for naming this song
"I'm fearless through and through
I'll even take a dip in Barrymore's pool"

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:07 pm

Never saw the appeal of Parkinson, his interview techniques seem to be either fawning or embarrasing flirting with female guests a third of his age.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:09 pm

I voted for Attenborough and Stelling.  Thought you might like to know.

Last edited by Galted on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : confusing the words "by" and "for")

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:10 pm

Rowley, I think you need to go back to the Parkinson of the 70s and early 80s, not when he came back more recently.

On the other hand, you consider Bob Monkhouse, that most ordinary of comedians, to be a genius Headscratch

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:12 pm

Monkhouse is a master of his craft, a gag for every occasion, brilliant wordsmith to boot.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:13 pm

My third pick was Susanna. I knew it was a mistake not to go with her from the start!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:24 pm

Great shout whoever nominated Simon Amstell, always cracked me up on Buzzcocks.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:35 pm

Jeff - I agree with you about the personal flaws of Parkinson's style but still enjoyed the programme itself enormously, particularly in the early years. I think a major part of its success was the quality of the guests who rarely had a book, programme or film to promote but were happy to recount some wonderfully entertaining stories of their past and other celebrities they had known. I particularly remember David Niven being a delight.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:40 pm

I do a great Parkinson impression, which involves me saying "Erm, erm, erm, erm, erm Billy Connolly" in a Yorkshire accent.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:42 pm

Marky wrote:Great shout whoever nominated Simon Amstell, always cracked me up on Buzzcocks.

Was a great shout, Mark Lamarr would have been an even greater one.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 24 Jul 2013, 10:05 pm

What constitutes a soap character?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 24 Jul 2013, 10:18 pm

Philosophical question? Anyone from a tv show that could realistically be titled a "soap". I accepted JR Ewing so its not just your Phil Mitchells.

I rewatched Parky interviewing Ali recently and I cant think of anyone in this country who could do such a good interview with him, let alone one who wasnt sports specific as a presenter

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 24 Jul 2013, 10:29 pm

I went for Deaton, who I loved on HIGNFY (and incidentally is funny And possibly the only redeeming feature in the BBC3 comedy-drama he was in of which I have forgotten the title) and Dara, my first choice
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 24 Jul 2013, 11:55 pm

Jeff Stelling because i have always been a huge fan, ever since i was a little boy glued to soccer Saturday on Saturday afternoons. 

Ant and Dec are my 2nd pick as i actually find them quite cool and funny at times.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Thu 25 Jul 2013, 1:38 am

Monkhouse and Fry. Funny and clever. Everything I'm not. Also dead and gay respectively, which I'm also not.

Attenborough unlucky to miss out.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 25 Jul 2013, 7:28 am

Union Cane wrote:I do a great Parkinson impression, which involves me saying "Erm, erm, erm, erm, erm Billy Connolly" in a Yorkshire accent.

He has done this more than once on the boxing board. I can confirm it is brilliant.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Thu 25 Jul 2013, 8:14 am

Galted wrote:
Marky wrote:Great shout whoever nominated Simon Amstell, always cracked me up on Buzzcocks.

Was a great shout, Mark Lamarr would have been an even greater one.
Damn, wish i had chosen Vic and Bob.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 25 Jul 2013, 8:53 am

Clarkson and Fry

Don't care, I like Clarkson. Ant and Dec close third.

Hon Ment to Monkhouse.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu 25 Jul 2013, 9:06 am

Went for Dara O'Briain and Daaaaaaviiid Leetterman!!

Dara is a brilliant host of Mock The Week and The Apprentice: You're Fired. Plus he is the funniest person on telly at the moment. Good nomination.

Went for Letterman as well as love that guy, his interview technique is both professional and hilarious. The guy is a genius.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 25 Jul 2013, 9:14 am

I have actually got a vote. Glad someone else appreciates the genius of 15 to 1

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 25 Jul 2013, 9:33 am

Went for David Attenborough and Des Lynam.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 25 Jul 2013, 9:35 am

I don't know how anyone can vote for Jonathan Ross ahead of Letterman - Ross basically stole all of Letterman's ideas. The Last Resort, good as it was, was just a copy of Late Night with Letterman.
I think Ross is very good, but Letterman's better and more original.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu 25 Jul 2013, 9:39 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I don't know how anyone can vote for Jonathan Ross ahead of Letterman - Ross basically stole all of Letterman's ideas. The Last Resort, good as it was, was just a copy of Late Night with Letterman.
I think Ross is very good, but Letterman's better and more original.

Couldn't agree more. Jonathan Ross is just a poor mans Letterman.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 25 Jul 2013, 9:53 am

Could be worse. Folk have actually voted for Clarkson. Watched an episode of top gear once, absolutely terrible.

Noise, noise, noise, bit of mysogony, bit more noise, spattering of xenophobia repeat to fade.

On the plus side at least nobody has nominated his two moronic sidekicks.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 25 Jul 2013, 9:58 am

Sussanah Reid? Perverts Very Happy 
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:13 am

I voted for Suzanna Reid. She really is rather wonderful. Also voted for William G - 15-1 is sadly missed.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:17 am

Bless you superfly, 15 to 1 was genuinely brilliant. Difficult enough to be a challenge but not enough that you could not join in and unlike many quizzes now they actually asked lots of questions. Stewart was also awesome, authoritative without being a bully. Sadly missed as you rightly say.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:20 am

Thanks that was me, hard to pick between him and Lamarr
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:27 am

I voted for SIR David Attenborough (why doesn't he get his Knighthood and Brucie does?) and Sir Bruce.

Sir David is an absolute legend, a wonderful person to speak with, and always has time to chat. A broadcasting legend with no rival.

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 25 Jul 2013, 1:39 pm

Any chance of Sacha Baron Cohen being added to the list? Aaaiii.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 25 Jul 2013, 1:45 pm

Bob Holness? I am torn between whether Dara's a good host or not. He's got a great personality ButTalksSoFastIHaveNoIdeaWhatHeSaysMostOfTheTime.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 25 Jul 2013, 2:07 pm

Oh to catch a glimpse of suzanna reid's lady wound when she uncrosses her legs on that sofa.

Completely forgot Karl pilkington. Funniest man on the planet.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2013, 3:09 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Completely forgot Karl pilkington. Funniest man on the planet.
So he's the last man alive and this is all some weird afterlife we're all living? Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 25 Jul 2013, 3:15 pm

Karl Pilkington is funny, but he's definitely not a TV presenter.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 25 Jul 2013, 3:22 pm

Marky wrote:Karl Pilkington is funny, but he's definitely not a TV presenter.

He is, in a Michael Palin kind of way.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 3:41 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Marky wrote:Karl Pilkington is funny, but he's definitely not a TV presenter.

He is, in a Michael Palin kind of way.

Actually, he isn't in a a sort of not a TV presenter type of way

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 25 Jul 2013, 4:04 pm

Karl Pilkington is possibly my favourite living person, but I'm not sure I'd count him as a presenter

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 4:25 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Karl Pilkington is possibly my favourite living person, but I'm not sure I'd count him as a presenter

Not overly sure about the living part either tbh

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 25 Jul 2013, 4:55 pm

I find his forced and contrived apathy and disinterest rather annoying, but then I find Ricky Gervais as funny as cancer anyway.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 25 Jul 2013, 4:56 pm

Harsh on cancer...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 25 Jul 2013, 4:57 pm

What are the overall scores ATM Dolphin?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 25 Jul 2013, 5:23 pm

super_realist wrote:I find his forced and contrived apathy and disinterest rather annoying, but then I find Ricky Gervais as funny as cancer anyway.

Robert Downey junior? I think reasoned apathy is a good thing. Take that over a multi-faced no head any day of the week.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 25 Jul 2013, 5:44 pm

Rowley wrote:Bless you superfly, 15 to 1 was genuinely brilliant. Difficult enough to be a challenge but not enough that you could not join in and unlike many quizzes now they actually asked lots of questions. Stewart was also awesome, authoritative without being a bully. Sadly missed as you rightly say.

I voted for him as well. Didn't realise until recently that he wrote the questions for the show as well. The word legend is oft overused, by it is apt in his case.

My other vote went to the godfather of sports broadcasting, Des Lynam.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Thu 25 Jul 2013, 6:28 pm

I used to deliver William G's mail and can confirm that he was as authoritative and kind when receiving his mail as he was when putting someone's lights out and forcing them to sit down.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next