The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's

+26
Nakatomi Plaza
JAS
ryan86
mystiroakey
bhb001
The Womble
Uryu Ishida
Union Cane
JDizzle
superflyweight
The Boss
Adam D
ChequeredJersey
seanmichaels
Shot 21 LCFC
VDT
Kenny
Hulking_up
JuliusHMarx
MIG
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
Bull
Hero
Dolphin Ziggler
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Best Programme Aired in the 1980s

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 16 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 9 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 118

Poll closed

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Empty The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 11 Jul 2013, 11:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

It is time for round four ladies and gentleman, a round that looks to give some of the edge back to our competitors over the age of 25. 

Modern tosh is out the window now as we find out the best programme aired in the 1980s. Crap clothes and cheesy music at the ready, its time for some eyecatching action!

As ever please vote for your favourite TWO selections, cannae stress this enough as there were definitely ones and threes thrown in last round.

Round Three's Results are as follows:

Hero - Game of Thrones 12 
Kenny - The Walking Dead 10
CJB - Sherlock 8
B3rragan - Big Bang Theory 8
VDT - QI 6
BHB001 - Dexter 6
JuliusHMarx - Doctor Who 6
Sir Johnny English - Breaking Bad 6
Rowley - The Apprentice 2
Marky - South Park 1

The Next Round is an odd one. Best "Non-Human" Character of All Television History. Aliens, animals and the like all count, including mythical beings and your stupid little vampires and stuff. A specific arthropod would have to be named. Send me about 4 choices in preference order. [EDIT - I wont allow Doctor Who as he might as well be a human in my book as he is portrayed so rarely as anything other than that]

The Current Standings are as follows:

Hero - 27
Nakatomi Plaza - 22
VDT - 16
Marky - 14
Adam D - 15
Bull - 12
Chequered Jersey - 12
Tino - 11
Kenny - 11
CJB  - 8
B3rragan - 8
Sir Johnny English - 7
SeanMichaels - 6
BHB001 -6
JuliusHMarx - 6
Superflyweight - 5
xViperx - 5
NickisBHAFC – 5
Rowley - 2
OnlyTrebleWinners - 2
Dolphin Ziggler - 2

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:51 pm

How the hell is The Wonder Years still on zero.

What is the matter with you people.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's

Post by Galted Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:55 pm

There you go Tino.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:58 pm

Thanks pal.

My faith in humanity is restored.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:00 pm

It was unjust that Only Fools should have so many and The Wonder Years so few.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:01 pm

VDT wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Picked Fun House assuming it was the Pat Sharp program. Would still to this day love to have a go on that final assualt course thing.

You been watching it on Challenge,

Funny looking back and some of the prizes are great really state of the art stuff of time like a Sony Walkman, a clock radio and calculator watch or something every 11 year old boy wants like a Music Magazine Subscription with pics of Bros and Wet Wet Wet on the Cover or a badminton racket

I haven't seen it for donkeys years.

On the subject of prizes bullseye always used to make me laugh. What would someone from a council block in Warrington want with a speedboat?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:03 pm

Galted wrote:It was unjust that Only Fools should have so many and The Wonder Years so few.

I would totally agree - I always felt that Fools and horses was over rated and the Wonder Years was an amazing program.

However, I cant look past two of the longest ever running comedies - The Simpsons and Married with Children.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:06 pm

No Saved by the Bell?

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:09 pm

Adam D wrote:
Galted wrote:It was unjust that Only Fools should have so many and The Wonder Years so few.

I would totally agree - I always felt that Fools and horses was over rated and the Wonder Years was an amazing program.

However, I cant look past two of the longest ever running comedies - The Simpsons and Married with Children.

Talk is cheap, Davey. It needs votes.

Kevin Arnold > Homer Simpson

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:10 pm

I'm 35 and have heard of Hill Street Blues but was never allowed to stay up late enough to watch it. Similarlly can't vote for Miami Vice as my bedtime was halfway through the show and never once saw how an episode finished.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

Super you know as well as me gritty scouse dramas with a social conscience are where it is at.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:12 pm

Blackadder and Bullseye. Simple.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:12 pm

Bread?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:12 pm

superflyweight wrote:I'm 35 and have heard of Hill Street Blues but was never allowed to stay up late enough to watch it.  Similarlly can't vote for Miami Vice as my bedtime was halfway through the show and never once saw how an episode finished.  

You and I have lots in common, superfly. I am also 35, have a Jock for a father and have heard of Hill Street Blues.

Obviously I am far more intelligent, erudite, and handsome and I don't deep fry my Shredded Wheat but the similarities are remarkable.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:13 pm

superflyweight wrote:Bread?  

The everryday tale of loveable benefit cheats, suspect that is tophats favourite programme ever.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:14 pm

Rowley wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Bread?  

The everryday tale of loveable benefit cheats, suspect that is tophats favourite programme ever.

Laugh 

He almost certainly thinks its a documentary.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:19 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I'm 35 and have heard of Hill Street Blues but was never allowed to stay up late enough to watch it.  Similarlly can't vote for Miami Vice as my bedtime was halfway through the show and never once saw how an episode finished.  

You and I have lots in common, superfly.  I am also 35, have a Jock for a father and have heard of Hill Street Blues.

Obviously I am far more intelligent, erudite, and handsome and I don't deep fry my Shredded Wheat but the similarities are remarkable.

It's almost like the universe has brought us together for a purpose, Tina. Hopefully that purpose is to stage increasingly dramatic fights between various species from the insect world.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:04 pm

Not wishing to derail the thread, but the Thelyphonida (aka Vinegaroon) is not something you would want to mess with, it is a scorpion-like spidery thing that sprays acid. Crikey.

Here is one taking on a solifuge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BmXCwlM450
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:08 pm

Union Cane wrote:Not wishing to derail the thread, but the Thelyphonida (aka Vinegaroon) is not something you would want to mess with, it is a scorpion-like spidery thing that sprays acid. Crikey.

Derail it at your leisure, Union. Especially with stuff like this.

Scary creature but not sure about the Vinegaroon moniker. Sounds like something you pour on a salad.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:09 pm

I went red dwarf and tng

SSSSPPPPPAAAAAAAACCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:24 pm

Went for Cheers and Blackadder Goes Forth.

Cheers is arguably the best sitcom to come out of America. The characters were all likeable, the stories were interesting and the writing was top top class. To this day I still try to get people to shout my name when I walk into the office and say "afternoon everybody".

Blackadder Goes Forth is our countries best war based series ever and also just one of the best TV shows ever. It's just brilliant. It is superbly funny and well written and that ending is just amazing.

2 very good nominations there, well done who nominated them. You have excellent taste.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:29 pm

im am the person who nominated cheers Womble and ive never seen it nor plan to Laugh

Last edited by Bull on Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:31 pm

I nominated Black Adder (hard to pick between series, I like II as well) and I have watched it and am glad you share my high opinion of it
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:36 pm

I went with Quantum Leap and Red Dwarf in the end. A-Team and Knightrider are too cringe worthy watching them back nowadays.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:37 pm

Who nominated Eastenders?! Laugh

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:44 pm

Roland Rat anyone......?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:58 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Union Cane wrote:Not wishing to derail the thread, but the Thelyphonida (aka Vinegaroon) is not something you would want to mess with, it is a scorpion-like spidery thing that sprays acid. Crikey.

Derail it at your leisure, Union.  Especially with stuff like this.

Scary creature but not sure about the Vinegaroon moniker.  Sounds like something you pour on a salad.

I personally think this article is a poor sheep that has run into one of Union's vinaigrettes. That or Wingrove.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/11/terrifying-alien-creature-pletts-bay-baboon_n_3578972.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:05 pm

That was a 6 foot 6", 235lb UFC fighter just after he has poked fun at Wingrove's silly name.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:09 pm

Bull wrote:im am the person who nominated cheers Womble and ive never seen it nor plan to Laugh

Laugh You should, it is very very funny.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:27 pm

Nah sorry its 1980s stuff im a 90s kid ill stick to Friends etc

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:29 pm

So you've never watched anything that was made before the 90s Bull?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:34 pm

MIG wrote:Who nominated Eastenders?! Laugh

Cos Im running it I always put in shows I dont think will win but I in fact like. Eastenders is probably what I'd call a guilty pleasure!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:38 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Cos Im running it I always put in shows I dont think will win but I in fact like. Eastenders is probably what I'd call a guilty pleasure!

I thought Gavin had joined for one round only
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:48 pm

Given that The Simpsons as its own TV series aired in December 1989, I couldn't bring myself to vote for this. Not a true 80s show as in being popular in the 80s, although fits in the strict definition. Sorry. Had to get that off my chest.

I am 45 and enjoyed watching Hill Street Blues

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 12 Jul 2013, 5:20 pm

VDT wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

I thought Gavin had joined for one round only

If theres one thing me and Gav have in common its that we like Eastenders and share the exact same thoughts on the stories. Theres nothing else mind you, vegans are wrong.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 7:16 pm

This is so easy for me..

Only fools and red drawf.

"When I got the votes I thought A Team was nailed on to win"

I think only fools will win this . The A team was good - but watch that today or tommorow- its gash and dated. Watch only fools and red drawf today. Still amazing!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 7:20 pm

The best show from US in the 80's is seinfeld IMO..

The others date so badly..I just cringe every time i watch wonder years or the a team.. I lose brain cells.. However as a kid i loved them

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 12 Jul 2013, 7:49 pm

Seinfeld is on my list of things to watch, I just never get round to it.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 12 Jul 2013, 8:06 pm

Only Fools is for me the most overrated sitcom going, there's two funny moments in its entire collection of episodes, Blackadder trumps over it by a mile for me.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 8:21 pm

the term overrated is overrated thumbsup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 8:50 pm

Possibly, but that doesn't mean it loses its meaning
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:05 pm

what does it mean then?

Popular things that are rated shouldnt be rated?

or something else?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:11 pm

By definition of overrated in the dictionary I think theres just this picture 

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 2 Breaking-Bad-008

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:12 pm

picture?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:24 pm

Naughty dolphin!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:34 pm

mystiroakey wrote:The best show from US in the 80's is seinfeld IMO..

The others date so badly..I just cringe every time i watch wonder years or the a team.. I lose brain cells.. However as a kid i loved them

Seinfeld was in my top 3 comedies list:

https://www.606v2.com/t1791-the-top-10-comedies-of-all-time

Looking back at the list now, there would be a few changes to that list (most of the 5-10 might be changed!) but the top 5 are all still fantastically awesome. Seinfeld at 2 just behind Frazier for me.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:40 pm

Sienfeld was just brilliant - the first sitcom to really embrace the central characters that arnt actually nice but you like them. And then you have the quirky side characters that are just bat crazy.

Peep show, allways sunny, trailor park boys and offcourse Curb all use this same type of system and all 5 are in my top 10 comedies.

Larry david is a legend!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Fri 12 Jul 2013, 10:47 pm

I don't quite understand all the stuff in first post, but I went for The Wonder Years and Miami Vice.

I also couldn't vote for The Simpsons due to the fact that it barely aired in the 80's.

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:09 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Sienfeld was just brilliant - the first sitcom to really embrace the central characters that arnt actually nice but you like them.

You mean apart from Steptoe & Son, Rising Damp, All in the Family and The Honeymooners?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:12 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:Sienfeld was just brilliant - the first sitcom to really embrace the central characters that arnt actually nice but you like them.

You mean apart from Steptoe & Son, Rising Damp, All in the Family and The Honeymooners?

no not in the slightest. The son of steptoe was nice and where are the quicky crazy side characters?.. the rest i didnt watch. But if steptoe is an example then i am not holding out for the others

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun 14 Jul 2013, 7:07 am

Where's the Young Ones? That was comedy gold for me at the time, unlike a lot of the others they don't seem to repeat it these days (maybe it wasn't as gold as I remember).

Auf Wiedersehn Pet was genius as was the Boys from the Blackstuff. Can still recall the Souness scene..."I'm Yosser Hughes, you look like me...and Magnum"

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next