The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's

+26
Nakatomi Plaza
JAS
ryan86
mystiroakey
bhb001
The Womble
Uryu Ishida
Union Cane
JDizzle
superflyweight
The Boss
Adam D
ChequeredJersey
seanmichaels
Shot 21 LCFC
VDT
Kenny
Hulking_up
JuliusHMarx
MIG
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
Bull
Hero
Dolphin Ziggler
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Best Programme Aired in the 1980s

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 16 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 9 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 118

Poll closed

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Empty The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 11 Jul 2013, 11:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

It is time for round four ladies and gentleman, a round that looks to give some of the edge back to our competitors over the age of 25. 

Modern tosh is out the window now as we find out the best programme aired in the 1980s. Crap clothes and cheesy music at the ready, its time for some eyecatching action!

As ever please vote for your favourite TWO selections, cannae stress this enough as there were definitely ones and threes thrown in last round.

Round Three's Results are as follows:

Hero - Game of Thrones 12 
Kenny - The Walking Dead 10
CJB - Sherlock 8
B3rragan - Big Bang Theory 8
VDT - QI 6
BHB001 - Dexter 6
JuliusHMarx - Doctor Who 6
Sir Johnny English - Breaking Bad 6
Rowley - The Apprentice 2
Marky - South Park 1

The Next Round is an odd one. Best "Non-Human" Character of All Television History. Aliens, animals and the like all count, including mythical beings and your stupid little vampires and stuff. A specific arthropod would have to be named. Send me about 4 choices in preference order. [EDIT - I wont allow Doctor Who as he might as well be a human in my book as he is portrayed so rarely as anything other than that]

The Current Standings are as follows:

Hero - 27
Nakatomi Plaza - 22
VDT - 16
Marky - 14
Adam D - 15
Bull - 12
Chequered Jersey - 12
Tino - 11
Kenny - 11
CJB  - 8
B3rragan - 8
Sir Johnny English - 7
SeanMichaels - 6
BHB001 -6
JuliusHMarx - 6
Superflyweight - 5
xViperx - 5
NickisBHAFC – 5
Rowley - 2
OnlyTrebleWinners - 2
Dolphin Ziggler - 2

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sun 14 Jul 2013, 8:28 am

With hindsight, I'd have nominated Spitting Image. Completely forgot about it though.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's - Page 3 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Four: Best Programme Aired in the 1980's

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 9:21 am

The Young ones is actually a good example of all the central characters being horrible(and really horrible as well!!)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun 14 Jul 2013, 10:18 am

mystiroakey wrote:The Young ones is actually a good example of all the central characters being horrible(and really horrible as well!!)

It somehow worked though and in a way in which subsequent spinoffs just didn't. Filthy, Rich and Catflap just didn't work and to be honest I just didn't like Bottom either although it had it's moments.

Spitting Image is another good shout NP, unmissable Sunday night viewing for a while Laugh

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 10:37 am

Wasnt Filthy rich on before the young ones?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 10:39 am

I just checked- Ignore that. It wasn't

I liked all 3 shows btw- But I have the same problem with all of them today as I do with the Ateam etc. They seem to dated and cringeworthy to watch.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 14 Jul 2013, 4:10 pm

i love cringeworthy Smile
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 4:16 pm

Upto date cringeworthy is great..

Like "the very bad thing" in peep show

or

"i have cancer" in allways sunny!

or

Larry david hugging the child with a water bottle in his trousers(curb)

or

the disabled roller coaster scene in the inbetweeners!

stuff like that- I can't get enough Smile

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 15 Jul 2013, 7:46 am

JAS wrote:

Auf Wiedersehn Pet was genius as was the Boys from the Blackstuff. Can still recall the Souness scene..."I'm Yosser Hughes, you look like me...and Magnum"

Cheers JAS knew if I stuck around long enough someone would acknowledge the genius of Yosser Hughes

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 15 Jul 2013, 5:18 pm

I'm only missing House, Nick and OnlyTrebleWinners from the list of next round selections

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 15 Jul 2013, 6:36 pm

I will submit my nomination this evening, need a good think about it.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 7:09 pm

Okay, I am ashamed of my fellow man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:41 pm

Be ashamed of me, I nominated OFAH Wink

And as for Spitting Image not being nominated, it was my second choice.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:38 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'm only missing House, Nick and OnlyTrebleWinners from the list of next round selections

I've given up, pulled out the big guns with next generation, and that went well

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 16 Jul 2013, 7:39 am

Man up Gregory, winners never quit and quitters never win. Is not about winning anyway, you need to set yourself a realistic but satisfying target. Mine is beating Tina, achieve that and I am over the moon, fail and it is abject misery for me for some time to come.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Jul 2013, 7:43 am

My target is to get at least one point so that one day, when people look back on The Inaugural TV Cup, they'll say "yep, Galted was a participant". No joy so far.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 8:11 am

Rowley wrote:Mine is beating Tina, achieve that and I am over the moon, fail and it is abject misery for me for some time to come.

And you're doing that this round, Jeffrey, congratulations. I am mildly surprised actually. As much as I love Boys from the Black Stuff, I really thought The Wonder Years would do well this round, but you have doubled my total.

I wouldn't bother turning up next round though, Jeff. I have got it sewn up.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 16 Jul 2013, 8:14 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:Mine is beating Tina, achieve that and I am over the moon, fail and it is abject misery for me for some time to come.

And you're doing that this round, Jeffrey, congratulations.  I am mildly surprised actually.  As much as I love Boys from the Black Stuff, I really thought The Wonder Years would do well this round, but you have doubled my total.

I wouldn't bother turning up next round though, Jeff.  I have got it sewn up.

I thought Married withg Children was a shoe in to be honest. Never mind. I am optimistic for the next round as I have gone for a universally appreciated figure. So probably mis-judged that as well!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 16 Jul 2013, 8:58 am

Am convinced you will beat me next round Tina. Lends itself to cartoons and sci fi, two things are rarely, if ever watch. Suspect a big fat zero next time round.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:45 am

Rowley wrote:
JAS wrote:

Auf Wiedersehn Pet was genius as was the Boys from the Blackstuff. Can still recall the Souness scene..."I'm Yosser Hughes, you look like me...and Magnum"

Cheers JAS knew if I stuck around long enough someone would acknowledge the genius of Yosser Hughes
Totally agree with that as well. Blackstuff and Pet certainly got my votes.

Blackstuff was a tremendously well written (Bleasdale, yes?) and gritty drama. Entertaining, amusing and distressing at times.

Pet was lovely fare and gave several well known actors their major break through and/or significant leg up. Timothy Spall and Kevin Whately particularly come to mind. The best of the lot for me though was the now lesser known and sadly late Gary Holton. He played his part of Wayne, the womanising Jack the lad, to perfection.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3