The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tonights Fight Thread.

+54
88Chris05
Diggers
tommyhearnsprodigalson
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
bhb001
KC
KingMonkey
Mayweathers cellmate
J.Benson II
two_tone
Bellz84
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
spencerclarke
compelling and rich
Mr Bounce
LivinginItaly
Basset
trenchtownbaboon
Sugar Boy Sweetie
manos de piedra
TheMackemMawler
RanjitPatel
Coola
Dr Gregory House MD
Lumbering_Jack
OasisBFC
Steffan
Pedro147
kingraf
milkyboy
Seanusarrilius
Happytravelling
The Beast
Cast a Shadow
tunes666
TopHat24/7
ONETWOFOREVER
rob-glos
JabMachineMK2
seanmichaels
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
EdWoodjr
djlovesyou
John Bloody Wayne
Strongback
Captain Charisma
BoomBoomBaby
winchester
eddyfightfan
azania
ShahenshahG
jimdig
BallchinianMuffwig
hampo17
58 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Tonights Fight Thread. - Page 6 Empty Tonights Fight Thread.

Post by hampo17 Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Redemption is here. David Price has the chance to gain revenge over Tony Thompson, and I have gone on record during this weeks podcast, saying Thompson will win again.

We also have Prizefighter: The Light Welterweights. Kevin Mitchell will also be appearing on the bill.

If you want to get invovled on Twitter as well as here then follow @v2boxing.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tonights Fight Thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonights Fight Thread.

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:33 am

The World of Bipolar Az

"Fact is Price ducked the initial offer"

and then......

"Bottom line is neither ducked"
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:35 am

azania wrote:Of course.

Pity your failed hero hasn't learned how to duck....a punch.

Bottom line is neither ducked. The fight was stalled because of conflicting tv interests.  But keep banging the Fury ducked drum if it gives you a hard on.

All aboard Az's excuse-train......toot toot...!!

Only 1 fighter ditched belts. Only 1 fighter pulled out of purse bids (1st of 2 times). TV interests were the same when Fury offered as when Price went to purse bids, so that's a totally moot point.

Wonder what your excuses will be when he pulls out of the Haye fight.........Whistle

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:47 am

Lets face it if Fury fights Haye then nobody will bother remembering who ducked who with him and Price or indeed if it was just bad timing.
I just hope if the fight happens everyone who said Fury wouldn't fight anyone has the good grace to admit they were wrong. Still a relative novice and certainly a baby for a heavyweight in terms of age and it looks like he is taking on probably the toughest fight out there for him. Id actually give him more chance against the Klits (though think he'd lose to both) than Haye who is probably a nightmare match up for him.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:49 am

20+ fights is a bit of a push to call novice. And he's dug his own grave re criticism for not taking big fights. He gets no props for Haye until he's stood in the ring opposite, such is the amount of pulling out he's done in the past.

Chisora is the only fight he gets/deserves credit for taking.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:56 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:The World of Bipolar Az

"Fact is Price ducked the initial offer"

and then......

"Bottom line is neither ducked"

Well done. Grab yourself a hob nob.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:58 am

I disagree, the McDermott fight was a decent match up for him after 7 or 8 fights and Cunningham was a perfectly respectable stepping stone fight. Add in Chisora and I don't think you'll find too many guys in the UK with 20 fight records will have picked much tougher match ups along the way. Its just the nature of match making over here sadly.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:02 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Bottom line is neither ducked. The fight was stalled because of conflicting tv interests.  But keep banging the Fury ducked drum if it gives you a hard on.

Only 1 fighter ditched belts.  Only 1 fighter pulled out of purse bids (1st of 2 times). TV interests were the same when Fury offered as when Price went to purse bids, so that's a totally moot point.

Wonder what your excuses will be when he pulls out of the Haye fight.........Whistle

The fight couldn't be made because of tv. What part of that do you fail to understand? Do you hate fury so much that you are prepared to suspend reality?

Anyway carry on. Your boy lost aga. Time to get over it.

I suppose you're going to add that fury ducked Pulev also.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:13 pm

Diggers wrote:I disagree, the McDermott fight was a decent match up for him after 7 or 8 fights and Cunningham was a perfectly respectable stepping stone fight. Add in Chisora and I don't think you'll find too many guys in the UK with 20 fight records will have picked much tougher match ups along the way. Its just the nature of match making over here sadly.

The one he lost?

Cunnigham was in no way respectable. That really is crazy talk. If Ward fought, and beat, JMM nobody would respect him for it, so why give Fury credit for doing the same?? Especially as he deliberately picked not only a tiddler, but a tiddler than can't punch for toffee - and still got dropped! Add to that the fact that to finish the fight (having lost almost every round) he had to hold his opponents head in place whilst tw*tting him. Absolutely no credit or respect for that charade at all.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:17 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Only 1 fighter ditched belts.  Only 1 fighter pulled out of purse bids (1st of 2 times). TV interests were the same when Fury offered as when Price went to purse bids, so that's a totally moot point.

The fight couldn't be made because of tv. What part of that do you fail to understand?  Do you hate fury so much that you are prepared to suspend reality?  

If tv was the issue why not level the same criticism at Fury when he made a phoney (according to you) offer to Price?

Haye-Fury are on seperate channels but that looks like it might be made. At the end of the day the big fights will happen if both parties want it, irrespective of tv politics. For all we know it could've ended up on Boxnation.

But you keep on tossing Fury's salad. Nobody is in the least bit surprised by your wummery any more.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:22 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Diggers wrote:I disagree, the McDermott fight was a decent match up for him after 7 or 8 fights and Cunningham was a perfectly respectable stepping stone fight. Add in Chisora and I don't think you'll find too many guys in the UK with 20 fight records will have picked much tougher match ups along the way. Its just the nature of match making over here sadly.

The one he lost?

Cunnigham was in no way respectable.  That really is crazy talk.  If Ward fought, and beat, JMM nobody would respect him for it, so why give Fury credit for doing the same??  Especially as he deliberately picked not only a tiddler, but a tiddler than can't punch for toffee - and still got dropped! Add to that the fact that to finish the fight (having lost almost every round) he had to hold his opponents head in place whilst tw*tting him.  Absolutely no credit or respect for that charade at all.

Hilarious. Seriously funny. Cunny had just beaten Adamek only to get jobbed. He was a great opponent and fury did the job. Case closed.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:26 pm

Fury isn't Ward. Plenty of guys fight smaller guys, its hardly unique for Fury. Cunningham has a 50% stoppage record, its nowhere near as bad as you'd like to make out and he hit Fury with a peach....which he got straight up from.
He didn't lose to McDermott, it was close but I gave Fury the fight, end of the day the result is the result. And regardless you are totally missing the point....the point being it was a tough match up for him at the time...unsurprisingly resulting in a tough fight....because it was a good match up.
And he was a big underdog for most with Chisora...again how many undefeated Brits take on that kind of fight. Everyone can bang on about how out of shape Chisora was...but again Fury wasn't to know that and he took a tough fight on and won.
Like I say its hardly a stellar CV but it matches up pretty well to any other UK young fighters. Add in Haye and it takes it all to a different level.

Last edited by Diggers on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:30 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

The fight couldn't be made because of tv. What part of that do you fail to understand?  Do you hate fury so much that you are prepared to suspend reality?  

If tv was the issue why not level the same criticism at Fury when he made a phoney (according to you) offer to Price?

Haye-Fury are on seperate channels but that looks like it might be made.  At the end of the day the big fights will happen if both parties want it, irrespective of tv politics.  For all we know it could've ended up on Boxnation.

But you keep on tossing Fury's salad.  Nobody is in the least bit surprised by your wummery any more.

My thoughts is that they are all playing games. The situation with haye fury is simple. Money. C5 will get a healthy chun of the ppv. That fight sells whereas the price fight was for hardcore fans. It doesn't have the crossover appeal the Haye fight has.

But carry on. Fury ducked pulev. Next line of idiocy please.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Be reasonable, TopHat! Fury taking on Cunningham is about a million miles removed from Ward fighting Marquez and, while I totally understand your umbrage at Fury getting away with a blatant foul which led to the knockout and your point that his actual performance showed some big weaknesses, the choice of opponent is nowhere near as bad as you're making out.

Cunningham is no patsy, even if he's a very small Heavyweight. He was dreadfully unlucky against Adamek, a fight in which he showed good movement to completely outmanoeuvre his opponent and has a wealth of experience to call upon, too. At the time of the fight being announced, I was amazed that so many thought it so much worse a match up than Price-Thompson. For me there was little in it, given how lacking in ambition Thompson had been against Wladimir and that he'd clearly ballooned up in weight since.

Fury displayed some big flaws against Cunningham, but it wasn't the total disgrace or embarrassment from every angle that you're presenting, for me.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Haye vs Fury is not yet signed I believe. If it falls through, I'd expect Fury to go significantly down in quality looking for an opponent as opposed to another top ten fighter. Haye just won't fight!! Either way, let's hope the fight actually gets made as it at least competative on paper.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Outside of Haye the only quality above are k2. Get your pins ready for your fury doll.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:57 pm

Diggers wrote:Fury isn't Ward. Plenty of guys fight smaller guys, its hardly unique for Fury. Cunningham has a 50% stoppage record, its nowhere near as bad as you'd like to make out and he hit Fury with a peach....which he got straight up from.
He didn't lose to McDermott, it was close but I gave Fury the fight, end of the day the result is the result. And regardless you are totally missing the point....the point being it was a tough match up for him at the time...unsurprisingly resulting in a tough fight....because it was a good match up.
And he was a big underdog for most with Chisora...again how many undefeated Brits take on that kind of fight. Everyone can bang on about how out of shape Chisora was...but again Fury wasn't to know that and he took a tough fight on and won.
Like I say its hardly a stellar CV but it matches up pretty well to any other UK young fighters. Add in Haye and it takes it all to a different level.

Like I said, he gets credit for taking the Chisora fight. Neither he nor anyone else was to know Del Boy would turn up morbidly obese and never win another fight against someone more than a club fighter.

re Cunnigham, I think from having this argument before with Az (surprise surprise) that his ko% going into the fight was actually more like 38% which is almost Malinaggi low. At that was versus CW's not big full blown HW's.

My comparison with Ward wasn't one of ranking or ability but of size (and to a lesser extent, age). Why should Fury be credited with a win over a guy he outweighs by a couple of stone and is at the twighlight of his career?

Appreciate Chris' point but at the end of the day this was just perfect match-making and it looks like he sucked in quite a few people. Ok he dropped a decision down at cruiser but majoring on that glosses over the fact he was chosen because he was a) small; b) light-punching; and c) old.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:59 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Haye-Fury are on seperate channels but that looks like it might be made.  At the end of the day the big fights will happen if both parties want it, irrespective of tv politics.  For all we know it could've ended up on Boxnation.

But you keep on tossing Fury's salad.  Nobody is in the least bit surprised by your wummery any more.

My thoughts is that they are all playing games. The situation with haye fury is simple.  Money. C5 will get a healthy chun of the ppv. That fight sells whereas the price fight was for hardcore fans. It doesn't have the crossover appeal the Haye fight has.

But carry on.  Fury ducked pulev. Next line of idiocy fact please.

Corrected for you.

Truth and fact really are painful obstacles for WUM's like you aren't they??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:16 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Diggers wrote:Fury isn't Ward. Plenty of guys fight smaller guys, its hardly unique for Fury. Cunningham has a 50% stoppage record, its nowhere near as bad as you'd like to make out and he hit Fury with a peach....which he got straight up from.

Like I said, he gets credit for taking the Chisora fight.  Neither he nor anyone else was to know Del Boy would turn up morbidly obese and never win another fight against someone more than a club fighter.

re Cunnigham, I think from having this argument before with Az (surprise surprise) that his ko% going into the fight was actually more like 38% which is almost Malinaggi low.  At that was versus CW's not big full blown HW's.

My comparison with Ward wasn't one of ranking or ability but of size (and to a lesser extent, age).  Why should Fury be credited with a win over a guy he outweighs by a couple of stone and is at the twighlight of his career?

Appreciate Chris' point but at the end of the day this was just perfect match-making and it looks like he sucked in quite a few people.  Ok he dropped a decision down at cruiser but majoring on that glosses over the fact he was chosen because he was a) small; b) light-punching; and c) old.

When all is said in 21 fights he will have had a decent match up with McDermott...who he gave a rematch to by the way, hardly a duckers option......he took a fight against Chisora most thought he would lose.....he took a first step up in class against Cunningham...and now he is going to fight Haye.
I keep waiting for you to give me the list of UK fighters who have been more ambitious with their progression through their career ? There must be a stack for you to level such vitriol against Fury's match ups so far surely ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:26 pm

Diggers wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Like I said, he gets credit for taking the Chisora fight.  Neither he nor anyone else was to know Del Boy would turn up morbidly obese and never win another fight against someone more than a club fighter.

re Cunnigham, I think from having this argument before with Az (surprise surprise) that his ko% going into the fight was actually more like 38% which is almost Malinaggi low.  At that was versus CW's not big full blown HW's.

My comparison with Ward wasn't one of ranking or ability but of size (and to a lesser extent, age).  Why should Fury be credited with a win over a guy he outweighs by a couple of stone and is at the twighlight of his career?

Appreciate Chris' point but at the end of the day this was just perfect match-making and it looks like he sucked in quite a few people.  Ok he dropped a decision down at cruiser but majoring on that glosses over the fact he was chosen because he was a) small; b) light-punching; and c) old.

When all is said in 21 fights he will have had a decent match up with McDermott...who he gave a rematch to by the way, hardly a duckers option......he took a fight against Chisora most thought he would lose.....he took a first step up in class against Cunningham...and now he is going to fight Haye.
I keep waiting for you to give me the list of UK fighters who have been more ambitious with their progression through their career ? There must be a stack for you to level such vitriol against Fury's match ups so far surely ?

Chisora is a man who has had less than 20 fights and has fought 2 and 3 in the division while the number 1 signed to fight him and dropped out. That's tough matchmaking!

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:29 pm

There you go Diggers......thanks Bellchees

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:34 pm

If you're simply talking about match-making, not actual success, then I'd also chuck in David Price. 5 less fights than Fury but already fought a guy (albeit losing to him twice) that's vastly superior to anything in Fury's CV.

He's also fought MaccyD (12th pro fight) and in Skelton and Sexton has guys that are on a level with anything on Fury's CV bar Cunny.

This is all assuming you're only talking about HW's?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:35 pm

So one fighter is a list is it...and you name one fighter that Fury had already fought and beaten when Fury was the underdog ? Rolling Eyes 
Chisora's matchmaking changed as soon as he lost, stops being a real prospect and then simply becomes a name on the CV for the other guys. He is in a position where he has to take the fights rather than being able to pick and choose.
Like I said Fury's CV is hardly brilliant, nobody in their right minds would argue it is. But it is no worse than a lot of guys and actually far better than most in a similar career position in the UK.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:37 pm

Shame about Price did not look much wrong with his chin, but his conditioning was woeful. There's no way a well trained fighter should be struggling to lift his arms to defend or throw punches after 5 rounds. He could still achieve things in the sport but he will need a new approach to everything in the way he prepares and fights.
Frank Maloney needs to pack the game in otherwise it will do the poor fella in.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:39 pm

Eh? Really, what are you talking about Diggers? Chisora is credible for Fury's CV but Chisora himself get's no credit for who he has fought?

And MaccyD is ok for Fury when fighting with 5 losses on his record but when he fights Price those extra 2 losses mean he's now shot and not worthy of being considered part of a CV??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:40 pm

I don't think Price has a CV any better than Fury's. He deserves credit for Thompson but the bookies all had Price has a big favourite for that fight, he was still fully expected to win it. Again Fury took the Chisora fight as an underdog.
You say Cunningham, was cherry picked but you don't think that Thompson was as well ? He was but they got it all wrong.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:41 pm

I think Furys matchmaking has been ok. Hes been given fights that he can develop along with. He is improving and gaining experience. Watching him overweight and struggle with McDermott compared to the way he is now shows he has been heading in the right direction. Hes not going to be an all time great heavyweight but so far they might be able to make the most of his potential and keep improving him.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:46 pm

So many poor souls are affected by the devastating loss of their champion. Awww didums. Move on ffs. Lets all get behind our real bonafide heavyweight boxers.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:48 pm

Well said manos. Chisora came in fat. So did tyson. That gets ignored. But the better boxer won.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:54 pm

How would you ever class TT as cherry-picked? A big 6'5" bonafide HW lump with a 60%+ ko ratio.

You really do like to pick and choose, incredible stuff.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:55 pm

azania wrote:So many poor souls are affected by the devastating loss of their champion. Awww didums. Move on ffs. Lets all get behind our real bonafide heavyweight boxers.

Like you when your boy Khan got ko'd, again? Presume you're handing out the same advice now as you did then - retire?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:02 pm

You don't get me bitching on and making excuses or coming up with some stupid criticism of another boxer in his weight division. Take my advice son, chill out a bit.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Wow, possible the most full of lies statement I've ever seen on 606!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:06 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:How would you ever class TT as cherry-picked? A big 6'5" bonafide HW lump with a 60%+ ko ratio.

The assumption was that he was old and lacking ambition. He was brought over for price to bowl over. All prospects have their learning fights against cherry picked opponents. To suggest otherwise is silly. He was brought here to lose and to elevate price. Pity he didn't read the script.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:07 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Wow, possible the most full of lies statement I've ever seen on 606!!

You should be able to easily back it up then.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:14 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Wow, possible the most full of lies statement I've ever seen on 606!!

If Aliens land on v2 I'll be happy to but as everyone on here knows you and your posting style, your contradictions, your hypocrisy and your wummery, I don't need to bother.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:18 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:How would you ever class TT as cherry-picked? A big 6'5" bonafide HW lump with a 60%+ ko ratio.

Yeah...who everyone thought was shot and had lost interest. Please explain why Price would have been a clear favourite otherwise. Thats why he was cherry picked, if you think that's crazy then fair enough, says far more about you than me.
Simple fact, until last Saturday Price never stepped into a ring without being favourite, maybe he even was again on Saturday. Fury did it against Chisora (possibly close with McDermott) and will do so again agains Haye.

Last edited by Diggers on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:31 pm

This guy Tophat24/7 is an absolute clown. He blatantly has it in for Fury and anytime anyone backs him he starts firing off insults at them. I was banned on here without any warning for having my own opinions while he goes around firing insults at anyone he pleases.

I have to hold my hands up and say I was wrong about Price. He is huge and has alot of power but he has no stamina and lacks skills. He might end up getting a title shot in the same way Chisora did because I think the Klitschko brothers would be happy enough to face him now. But unless he makes alot of improvements to his fitness then his only hope would be to try and knock them out in the first 3 rounds because the Klitschko brothers like to jab away from distance and tire out their opponents. I dont think Price has the stamina for that. Fury and Wilder would beat him easily.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Do you really Winchester?? I didnt know you thought that
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:55 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

If Aliens land on v2  I'll be happy to but as everyone on here knows you and your posting style, your contradictions, your hypocrisy and your wummery, I don't need to bother.

So you can't back it up then. I suggest you stop being such a twit and climb down a peg or two. That blue bar has gotten to your head. Typical tory.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:59 pm

What's the world coming to when Winchester speaks more sense than Az.

Good to see Winchester actually admit he was wrong about something too.

In the class stakes:

Winchester 1 Az 0

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:06 pm

That bad?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Ssn reporting the fight been signed on twitter

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:09 pm

1 loss for Price = recovery possible
2 losses for Price = career in tatters

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Price is not done as a Pro. Wlad probably put in a career best performance against Haye at 35 years old so Price still has time, he isn't going to have a long career near the top as he'll need to head back down a level to re build but he can still make some waves near world level in the future if he can improve some basic stuff. It's not just his stamina it was his economy of movement which cost him, bouncing around on his toes when out of range for no reason at all and at his size that's just stupid. He's got an absolute bomb of a right hand so even if he doesn't improve much he'll be entertaining to watch as a lot of his fights could be straight shoot outs.

I actually think some of the guys Fury has fought would be perfect for Price to learn against. Step down a level to fight Rogan and Sprott before the end of the year, maybe smash Audley again if he needs some confidence. Then look for a durable guy without a big punch like Chisora, Johnson, Chambers maybe even Adamek depending on what he's got left by that stage and see if he improves and learns against those guys or if the same flaws are there. It may be he just ends up being a massive guy with a big punch and not much else, stick him on an undercard and he'll be a crowd pleaser at least.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6