The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France New Zealand 9 November-moved to Lille?

+4
Notch
Taylorman
captain carrantuohil
disneychilly
8 posters

Go down

France New Zealand 9 November-moved to Lille? Empty France New Zealand 9 November-moved to Lille?

Post by disneychilly Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:38 am

http://ffr.francebillet.com/alerteV2/AjouteManif.do?code=FRANZ&alerteEtat=thornygor%40yahoo.com&submitbtn=Ok

Hey all, just a heads up. Am planning on going to the game but read about a spat between the FFR and the Stade de France higher ups and a move to either Nantes or Lille was mooted. Anyway I just signed up to get an alert for on-sale dates and the address of the Grande Stade in Lille is given as the link says. So the local beers may be a lot better given the close proximity to Belgium and for those based in London that's great news as you can get the Eurostar still. Sucks for me as I'll have to find a way from either Beauvais or Charleroi and used to live in Lille (Nantes would have been new for me).

So hold off booking travel until more info comes to light.

Cheers
DC

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

France New Zealand 9 November-moved to Lille? Empty Re: France New Zealand 9 November-moved to Lille?

Post by captain carrantuohil Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:49 am

If it does happen in Lille and those going wish to treat themselves, I would urge you to book in at L'Hermitage Gantois, a converted 15th century hospice that is now a really excellent hotel. Has two restaurants, featuring some of the best food you'll ever eat. Great town, Lille, somewhat reminiscent of Bruges, just without the numbers of canals - also has a couple of bars run by extremely keen rugby people. Fantastic venue, if the game does in fact go there.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

France New Zealand 9 November-moved to Lille? Empty Re: France New Zealand 9 November-moved to Lille?

Post by Taylorman Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:14 am

nice...makes me want to go...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:44 am

In Wales and Ireland there is really only one rugby stadium capable of hosting the big test matches (50k+)- at least with Ireland not having practical access to GAA grounds.

Scotland and England have got some other big stadiums but they are football, mainly, as is the case in France but I've never understood why the other Home Unions and France don't take matches around the country more often. Exposes the team to a wider base, makes international rugby more accessible to the general public may long term help boost the game in areas outside 'the heartland'. Italy did it bringing the All Blacks to the San Siro and it was an amazing atmosphere by all accounts.

England and France have played Rugby World Cup warm-ups away from their base I know but how about autumn tests on a regular basis? They both have a lot of great stadiums as there World Cup bids have shown. Scotland have been taking a game to Pittodrie each year recently which is great because the North-East has no representation in their pro structure.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:16 am

FFR has finally reached an agreement with the stade de france consortium for the next 4 years : 20 games for approx 25mil euros (thats half of the previous cost per game). They probably ended up sacrificing the HC final to show they were serious.

Meaning all big games involving france will be played there and that obviously include the one versus the ABs.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks whocares. See some of you there hey?

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Tickets on sale now gentlemen by the way. www.ticketnet.fr

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Beauvais is a dump.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:38 pm

That's why I'm flying to Roissy Guns Smile

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by broadlandboy Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:52 am

Notch,
Nice idea but why would the RFU hire another Stadium while they have one doing nothing? IIRC the FRU dont own a stadium so wouldnt lose money by moving the matches about

broadlandboy

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:23 pm

disneychilly wrote:Tickets on sale now gentlemen by the way. www.ticketnet.fr

Cheers DC. Will get a couple or cat3 ones

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:44 am

Do tickets to Int games go to the clubs in France for resale like they do here in England? Just curious about the demographic that attends Internationals out there; die hard fans, families, corporate etc?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:18 am

It's one of the things I struggle with over here Yappy. It's so much harder to get ABs tickets overseas as opposed to in NZ. Pretty much all the tickets in the UK and Ireland you have next to no chance as the clubs have the lions share. General sales are rare-I was lucky enough to get two to the Ireland NZ test on Ticketmaster but that's only because I'm a concert wh*re who checks the site every morning-they were first advertised two hours before the on-sale time. This is an absolute anomaly in my experience. Scotland is the exception for this as you can get them easily enough there. Gotta love the laissez-faire attitude of the French though in this case-for gigs in France and these games they're not as on the button so you don't have to wait at 8:59 in a nervous sweat clicking refresh all the time.

Looking forward to it! Means I'll just have to go to Wales next year to complete the 6N vs NZ set Smile Note to self: Lay off the Belgian beers in the afternoon. Don't want to be talking in Braille at kickoff time.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down