The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething

+11
The Special Juan
cherriesfna
nadeem2099
Hero
Bull
Fernando
Marky
FIFA Diva
Trebs
Good Golly I'm Olly
sodhat
15 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething - Page 12 Empty Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething

Post by sodhat Mon 19 Aug 2013, 2:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Event: The great 606v2 meet up extravaganza
Date: Saturday 26 October 2013
Venue: TBC, likely a sports bar
Time: 1900 onwards
Attending: Azzy + Viva + Sodhat + Marky + Nando (maybe), Olly, cherries others TBC

Season 1 Starts this week
Tactics due by 11.59pm on Friday 16th August

Tactics are sent to Olly
Votes are sent to sodhat. Votes must be in by 11:59pm on Monday of the appropriate gameweek.

The Enrique & J from 5ive League

FC WHU Do You Think You Are - Gregers
Bilbao - Afro
Would you dance, if Ajax you to dance? - Sodhat
Southampton FC - Marky
PSV - GSC
Sport Club Corinthians Paulista - Nando                                                                              
                                                                                                                                                                               Top Scorers
Lille - Trebs

Glad t'be bach - Hero

FC Basel - cherriesfna

FC ZwagAtletico - Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

The Nodge - Olly

Fool 'em FC - Azzy

Last edited by sodhat on Tue 27 Aug 2013, 1:43 pm; edited 3 times in total

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething - Page 12 Empty Re: Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:37 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:Ross Barkley in the England squad apparantly Shocked
Andros Townsend too. Wow.

Back to top Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething - Page 12 Empty Re: Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:37 pm

You're hoping this will happen, aren't you Azzy?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:39 pm

Partly. It would mean I'd never have to work again. And the Scilly Isles are quite beautiful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:39 pm

Taken the obvious option on Townsend as an investment at £875k
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:40 pm

I really really really don't rate Townsend
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:42 pm

Haha AzY you have it planned out. I'll also be alive and nick too an possibly the other managers here.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:45 pm

Townsend is a decent player, played well for QPR last year and seems to be in the reckoning for Spurs at present.

I'm assuming Mark Noble's omission is an oversight and he'll be added later.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:46 pm

Afro wrote:Also, how long will it take you to row from Isle of Wight to Scilly Isles?
Will take about 8-12 minutes for Bear Grylls Azzy.

Viva wrote:Nick has a good idea id probably stock up on knives first aid and other things I can use as weapon.
Well I just assume out of 8 flats in the building everyone will have kitchen knives so didnt think but also a good call Viva, pick up a knife block from sainsburys too lol.

Olly wrote:
BigFellasAfro wrote:Ross Barkley in the England squad apparantly Shocked
To be fair I'd rather he played than Cleverley
Cleverley & Carrick, thats too much for 33 year old Gerrard to carry Olly.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:46 pm

Townsend is getting a run of games for Spurs and times I have seen him he looks alright. Had a good game in Europe last week.

Sure, an England call is a little surprising, but I'm happy that £875k is good value
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:50 pm

Townsend's better than Lennon or Walcott.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:50 pm

When's Darlow getting his call up
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:51 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Townsend's better than Lennon or Walcott.
Lennon probably.

Walcott not a chance
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:53 pm

I think Townsend is alright. Did well last week, if he can get a run of games he could keep Lennon out the team.
Anyone think the Lamela rumors are true?

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:54 pm

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra wrote:I think Townsend is alright. Did well last week, if he can get a run of games he could keep Lennon out the team.
Anyone think the Lamela rumors are true?
I think they are. There's another player that would improve United Whistle
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:55 pm

Paulinho would have been a great signing for United. So would Capoue. And Holtby. And Lamela. Willian. Schurrle. van Ginkel. Navas. Anyone for God's sake!

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:55 pm

Olly wrote:
Lennon probably.

Walcott not a chance
Really think about it though...what has Walcott actually done?

I've never seen a less inventive player in my life. He can't beat a man. The ball has to be pumped over the top so he can outsprint the guy without having to rely on any actual football skills.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:57 pm

Considering Walcott's pace, he never beats a man, nor keeps his distance when put through on goal. His control is possibly the worst I've ever seen, he can lose a 10m gap in a second with his first touch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:57 pm

sodhat wrote:
Olly wrote:
Lennon probably.

Walcott not a chance
Really think about it though...what has Walcott actually done?
Well he got 21 goals and 14 assists in 43 games last season so a fair bit recently...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Aug 2013, 4:00 pm

Stats are deceiving, four of those goals were against Reading in the league cup, for example. I stand by the fact that if Townsend proves he can cross a ball then he's better than Walcott by default.

I was pulling my hair out watching him at the Emirates. God knows how Arsenal fans feel about it.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Aug 2013, 4:01 pm

Stats can be deceiving, but still that's an awful lot of goals and assists for someone he's always derided for his end product
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 27 Aug 2013, 4:03 pm

Walcott is all about his pace. It makes him limited, but pace is such an effective weapon then its one of the better limitations to have
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Aug 2013, 4:04 pm

I'm not necessarily deriding the end product, not in terms of goals anyway. He's proven he can be a good finisher. It's the rest of the play, he doesn't contribute to it. He's not a passer, he's not a dribbler, he's pointless as a right winger. It's nice to be quick if you can get the ball past a man.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Aug 2013, 4:06 pm

I do think he gets an unfair amount of flak, he's limited for sure, but I'd still rather have him on my side than face him
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Aug 2013, 4:08 pm

Anyway I'm not as bemused by the Townsend selection as I am by the Sterling one.

When was the last time he started a Prem game??!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Aug 2013, 4:10 pm

I don't get Sterling's inclusion to be fair. Is Zaha injured? Doesn't fancy Downing or Johnson?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue 27 Aug 2013, 4:13 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Paulinho would have been a great signing for United. So would Capoue. And Holtby. And Lamela. Willian. Schurrle. van Ginkel. Navas. Anyone for God's sake!
You probably think Anelka would if he wasnt being moody.

Azzy wrote:His control is possibly the worst I've ever seen
His first touch is shocking. His goal for England the other week, his first touch nearly messed it all up.
Walcot actually has quite a decent finish, good even. As Afro says his pace makes him dangerous. But as Azzy says, his first touch is so it can often render his runs pointless. Soddy also stated he cant cross, which is very true.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 4:14 pm

Walcott has also been dreadful for England, that one game against Croatia apart.

Sterling's selection is an odd one. I'd have Zaha, Downing and Johnson ahead of him, and Redmond.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Aug 2013, 4:16 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Walcott has also been dreadful for England, that one game against Croatia apart.

Sterling's selection is an odd one. I'd have Zaha, Downing and Johnson ahead of him, and Redmond.
And Redmond is nowhere near ready for a senior call up
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue 27 Aug 2013, 4:22 pm

Downing.....really?
Oh wait, Ox is out. Gabby Agbonlahor on the wing??

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 27 Aug 2013, 4:27 pm

Should just go full on pace abuse, Walcott an Agbonlahor on the wings
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 27 Aug 2013, 4:28 pm

Agbonlahor has been class so far rarely keeps it up thought like Azzy on a Friday after drinks drumroll 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 27 Aug 2013, 6:51 pm

Please stop the Cleverley bashing. It upsets me to read the sick comments.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 27 Aug 2013, 6:53 pm

I don't think it's sick to say he is an unspectacular footballer. Seems to do the simple things right but doesn't really have any traits that make him better than anyone else. Unless you can think of any?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 27 Aug 2013, 7:04 pm

He's full of energy and is always an option, passes the ball well, is creative.

His role is not to score goals or dribble the ball past players, he does his own job well and I can't think of a bad game he's had for United. I would like to see him play a bit deeper though, but I see him being better than Wilshere or any other English midfielder.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 27 Aug 2013, 7:21 pm

So his job is to be pointless like Joe Allen?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 27 Aug 2013, 7:28 pm

United have always had a stable 'weak' central midfield with two players who sit, allowing the wingers to get forward and play with two strikers, which not many teams do. United midfielders have been like that as far back as I remember.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Aug 2013, 7:29 pm

So basically he does everything Jonny Howson does without the odd screamer and bursting run through? #howsonforengland
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 27 Aug 2013, 7:31 pm

Olly wrote:So basically he does everything Jonny Howson does without the odd screamer and bursting run through? #howsonforengland
• . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--

(Actually I agree with you, I really just wanted to use that)
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Aug 2013, 7:40 pm

I jest of course despite my growing man love for Jonathan
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 27 Aug 2013, 9:53 pm

I'm split between 3cb signings at the moment, need to make two but no idea on a cheap one to compliment the other!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Aug 2013, 9:55 pm

NFL fantasy draft complete
Fair to say I reached a couple of times.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Aug 2013, 9:57 pm

Put up your team Soddy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Aug 2013, 10:01 pm

In order of pick (so you'll see the reaches)
Brees
D. Wilson
Torrey Smith
Ivory
James Jones
Witten
Andre Brown
Jeffery
LEGATRON
Roethlisberger
Gresham
M Bush
Streater
Ravens D
Santana Moss

Rough order from memory though.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 27 Aug 2013, 10:01 pm

I have a CB signing in mind as well Gregers, but I'm short of the casholas.

Hope we're not after the same player Laugh

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Aug 2013, 10:02 pm

You took Brees before Rodgers?!?!

Good god you've taken some punts there
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 27 Aug 2013, 10:04 pm

Also up for deals if anyone's interested.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Aug 2013, 10:05 pm

Brees will always throw the ball a million times and get his TDs, I had him #1 on my QB board.

I picked 9th so all the home run RBs were gone. I reached big time for Wilson in 2, but I panicked and I reckon he's going to have a big year. Plus I managed to get the handcuff for him with Brown.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Aug 2013, 10:08 pm

I like the Jeffrey pick assuming it's the Alshon version. REACHED for the kicker.

Feel Santana Moss could put up decent numbers

Trebs I believe GSC has Paulinho
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 27 Aug 2013, 10:09 pm

I do have Paulinho
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Aug 2013, 10:10 pm

Moss was left on the board for some reason, he was a late pick that could be good.

I panicked on the kicker too. They started to fall off the board so I grabbed LEGATRON. I kept composed with the D though, there was a mini run but I left it very late to get the Ravens.

It is Alshon. Saw him tear us apart in pre-season. No stand out WRs though. Same with RBs but I am quietly confident in my Wilson pick. I'll look like a genius if he works out.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next