The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 6 Homepage I

+8
Fluxy
Steven_Sharks
Sgt_Pooly
dammit_chris
Ozzy3213
prop_lyd
Driver
SirJohnnyEnglish
12 posters

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Go down

Season 6 Homepage I Empty Season 6 Homepage I

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 03 Sep 2013, 8:36 pm

Season 6 Homepage I Aviva+Premiership+Logo

Breaking News: Wasps good form continues with victory at Kingsholm while Driver is feeling the pressure following defeat to former Falcons manager Pooly

Season 6 Homepage I Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 – Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 6 Homepage I 4Leicester Tigers 76011821572521131126
2Season 6 Homepage I 6London Wasps #76011681531516130124
3Season 6 Homepage I 12Sale Sharks #75111871662121161123
4Season 6 Homepage I 9Northampton Saints7403176172418171321
5Season 6 Homepage I 7Harlequins #7313178172618172318
6Season 6 Homepage I 5London Irish #73131761532320141317
7Season 6 Homepage I 57Worcester Warriors7223162170-814160416
8Season 6 Homepage I 8 Newcastle Falcons7223162176-1414170315
9Season 6 Homepage I 2Gloucester7214163166-314160414
10Season 6 Homepage I 11Saracens7205141162-2113161413
11Season 6 Homepage I 1 Bath Rugby # 7205138175-3713190411
12Season 6 Homepage I 48Exeter Chiefs7106158167-913170610

Links

Fixture List
Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding
Foreign Transfers
Budgets
European Homepage
Anglo Welsh Homepage

Welcome to Season 6 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1991.

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page.  Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.

• Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues.  These players must be bid for on the Domestic Transfer Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

• Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Structured Window

No cash will be used and each team will get effectively free transfers by way of a draft, which will run 12th, 11th, 10th …… 1st, 12th, 11th,10th… 1st place side.  This will run from 10th June 2013 until all teams have had their two picks.

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the Domestic Transfer Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday.  Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday.  Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday.  Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday.  Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 20:00 hours on Saturday.  Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box.  If you are not providing a descriptive prediction you will be restricted to predicting a 1 point win either way.
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Thu 07 Nov 2013, 2:15 pm; edited 17 times in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Season 6 Homepage I Empty Re: Season 6 Homepage I

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 03 Sep 2013, 8:46 pm

Hey guys looking for a volunteer to run match threads for the european games if theres any takers? First two set of games fall in the middle of the tax deadline and my exams and I know now I wont have the time to do match threads

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 03 Sep 2013, 8:47 pm

I'll be around a lot more from November to help pal
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 04 Sep 2013, 7:52 am

Doubtful I will be able to predict this weekend as it is my sisters wedding and I'm best man
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 7:33 pm

I am in a massive hole work wise so can barely get teams in. Once I hit December and can recruit again I will have time on my hands

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 8:08 pm

What is it you do Mat?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 8:23 pm

Sales director for a healthcare company at moment Pete. we bid on running hospitals and providing services. Job is pan European so quite a bit of travel.

Also have a consultancy business i am trying to build to be able to go fully independent. Means I am doing pretty much 2 full time jobs.

My proper job has not allowed me to recruit for 5 vacancies since i started in January as we have to hit budgets and report to share holders. By December I can recruit and life looks better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 8:37 pm

Sounds full on mate.  Still, will be worth it if you get the consultancy business flying, plenty of money in that.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 8:52 pm

Annoyingly i have consultancy that covers about
65% of my current salary.
It's at that tipping point of just giving up work and then going full time on my own. Having a kid on the way and a few mortgages is stopping me. Target is to be fully independent by April.

To be fair working full time and having work on the side like at the moment is lucrative but quality of life is nil at moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:50 pm

Driver is Will Welch injured at the moment - just seen the Falcons team for Bath and backrow was 6 Dom Barrow, 7 Andy Saull, 8 Ally Hogg and no Welch on the bench?

Could have a chance of beating Bath as they have 5 debutants starting - their number 8 is meant to be a freak (Houston) though!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 05 Sep 2013, 1:29 pm

He's got a bit of a injury atm Chris.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 06 Sep 2013, 8:26 pm

Good to be back with the big boys, be happy with a LBP tonight I think.

Our back 3 is worst in prem, when Shortland is injured we look bare.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:24 pm

If weather is a leveller then falcons are in big trouble.

Out gunned. If Godman is 10 they will go down. Sale wuss and falcons could struggle. Glos will be 6th still lack depth in pack. Again only 2 decent props. Why don't we sign more. Murphy and knight as back up are ok but not the answer.

Del fava is a tough player but a penalty machine tonight in what I watched.

Falcons lucky how bad weather is up there. May keep them up. Glos always lose there.

Tough opener. Most pundits pick bath to be 7th this year so potentially a bad result for falcons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 07 Sep 2013, 3:49 am

Fancy Bath to finish above Gloucester

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:59 am

Think George Ford might have made the right decision to move to Bath - if he can unlock Bath's backline in good conditions then they are in for a good season.

Premiership is going to be so tight this year - think the top 3 picks itself and then you've got Bath, Gloucester, Exeter, Quins, Wasps fighting it out for the 4th spot - Gloucester got to be one of the best teams in dry conditions, but not sure about their front five in the wet or strength in depth.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:25 am

Our front 5 is not an issue Chris until we get one injury and then we struggle. Chance of going a season without a front 5 injury is nil so it's obvious where we will struggle.

Wood and harden been great pre season apparently and lokotui and savage a good second row pair. Have stooke on the bench who has been ripping up trees but he is young and speaking to a few people in the know is not ready yet.

I am off to the game today as I broke some ribs a few weeks ago so not playing for a month. Weather is stunning in Gloucestershire at the moment so will be a very open game which suits us

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:29 am

Gloucester's locks are poor imo. Front row not great either, Wood wasn't great last season. Backs are quality but can see front 5 struggling.

Bath have a great pack and good depth, if they click in the backs they'll do well

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:31 am

Do you think you will Hamilton though? Think you are one of the best teams in great conditions, though not so sure about Cook at fb for you - think he's the only weak link in your backline. Kvesic could be the best signing of the season.

Looking forward to Wasps and Quins - great conditions and if it was half as good as last year then we'll have the game of the season again! Not sure how Wasps will go, think we will beat Quins as although we havent signed any stars this year they all seem to play to the old Wasps style.

See that Quins are playing Wallace at no6 today - or at least named on the team sheet there.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:36 am

Chris Hamilton will be missed hugely. Savage is a top prem player. Maybe a future England shout. I think Wallace will have robshaws shirt this year.

Think Saracens will take some beating this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 10:01 am

Brutal test this nz game. Both argie tight heads have smashed Crockett In the scrum. Argie scrum been very good

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 07 Sep 2013, 12:18 pm

Never a yellow for Hooper

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 07 Sep 2013, 2:45 pm

George having a very good game, Irish scrum struggling esp at TH.

Irish fronting up ok (similar to us I guess) against a very strong pack. Ojo possibly the Irish standout so far?

Great work Paice

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 07 Sep 2013, 3:47 pm

Sheridan looks a real talent Pete/Nick, don't think I've heard of him before

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 6:11 pm

Glos lose to sale in an awful game.
Sale score 2 tries that never were despite replay. This allowing the ref to see the screen does not work.

As ever Andrew small ruins the game.

Both sides awful.

Cueto laughed at video replay of second try and said wow you don't expect that.

Sale line out great and McLeod kicking top. Burns will never play as badly again

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 6:38 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Sheridan looks a real talent Pete/Nick, don't think I've heard of him before
Was at Rotherham last year. Came through the Leinster academy but never quite broke there. Looks as if he could be a pretty decent addition to the squad.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:30 pm

Wow, Saints gave Exeter an absolute stuffing, at full strength think they are the best team in the league now.

Missed the Sarries/Irish game, apparently a lot closer than the scoreline suggested, just that Sarries were able to take their chances?

Thought we'd done Quins at the end there. Tom Palmer had his best game in years today, when he's like that he's international class.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:08 pm

Sarries dominated the collisions and our accuracy at the breakdown was not good enough. We were a lot better than this time last year and gave it a real lash scoring a couple of decent tries. Lots of work for us to do, but also some positives and reasons for optimism going forward. Billy V and Farrell were both excellent for them.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:19 pm

Agree Pete, you played well but Sarries are too good. I heard similar for us last night bar a bit of a meltdown in last 20 or so.

Farrell, Billy, Ashton, George were great.

Looks like Gloucester might not have the season they were expecting, awful result that, fair play Sale.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:27 pm

Pooly watch prem highlight for 2 tries given by small that never were. Saw the sad sight of small being surrounded by police at the station to save him.

No place in rugby and actually ashamed of glos fans

I say every year he ruins games and I know the coaches asked for him to not be prem listed but despite his incompetence threatening him after the match has no place in the game.

He was not helped by touch judges who let both teams defend offside by about 3 metres.

Poor game of rugby but please see both sales tries. Braid was excellent and burns awful.

Cueto laughing at the second try decision funny. The touch judge told him to stop laughing,

Glos played like relegation fodder. Kvesic was dreadful and we turned game when Qera came on.

Ben Morgan was fat and uninterested through Before being hauled off. Sale's London welsh players were good and they wanted it more in gloucester sunny conditions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:33 pm

Only first game, it's a long season.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:35 pm

Yeah, difficult to judge teams after 1 game.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:05 pm

Very true Pete.

We were so off pace despite playing Munster and Toulon which was worrying.

As I said burns will never play like that again and we will
Never witness a ref performance like that either

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun 08 Sep 2013, 10:56 am

League table up and running after Round 1 Smile

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 08 Sep 2013, 11:04 am

Did you go to the Gloucester v Sale game yesterday Matt? Delighted with the result and sounds like a good away performance.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 08 Sep 2013, 12:12 pm

Disappointed with Friday , not so much the result although i thought we would of pushed for a losing bonus point. The fact we failed to score a point at home is something to be embarrassed by for any club.

We didn't create any clean cut chances and lacked direction in the backs. Peter Russell will have a plan of attack for the backs but we didn't play the conditions at all. We can say that the conditions affected us but Bath played in them as well and scored 21 points.

Thought the lineout was OK , Scrum we looked off at the engage but had a decent 2nd shove.

Phil Godman is a good 10 when he wants to be.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 1:02 pm

Steven_Sharks wrote:Did you go to the Gloucester v Sale game yesterday Matt? Delighted with the result and sounds like a good away performance.
I went Steve. Dreadful game. Andrew small ruined it. Watch the 2 sale tries they were never tries. Video ref had a shocker.

Sale were better than us but both teams were poor. Sale had a great driving line out and a lot of heart. Very little running threat from Sale. Your backs look a bit short on class

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 1:05 pm

Surprised to see sale maul it so much and they really showed a deficiency in glos. sale line out was superb

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 08 Sep 2013, 1:13 pm

John Mills is a beast of a maul setter , was the focal point of the Welsh pack last season. Him , Montella and Briggs really stood up last season.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 08 Sep 2013, 3:52 pm

Should just give Croft the 14 jersey

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 08 Sep 2013, 4:09 pm

He'd be a awesome sprinter. Alex Cuthbert does more grunt work than him and Cuthbert is a actual wing!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 08 Sep 2013, 4:19 pm

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 4:36 pm

SJE what are we going to do if DHL is not carrying on? I have him these week and would rather somebody else put his team out than a 0-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 08 Sep 2013, 4:43 pm

Pooly is doing it Matt, Gives Sarries a fighting chance.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:24 pm

Another person I won't do a deal with Whistle 

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:34 pm

Fluxy wrote:Another person I won't do a deal with Whistle 
Haha, I'm not sure if Im dealing but can set something up in principle

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:55 pm

Cheers to Pooly who has agreed to care take Sarries for a while. DHL was on last weekend but hasn't commented since June/July. I have pm'd him to see if hes still around and will give him sometime to get back to me as he seems a top lad.

Would somebody do me a favour and put up the 23 they would have gone with for Saracens for Round 1 please? Working my way through the dreaded injuries Whistle

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Sun 08 Sep 2013, 10:47 pm

Looking for an 8 and another centre. Also a winger on loan perhaps?

And for SJE, the probably Sarries side is below. Quite a few retirements in that squad. 

01. Matt Mullan09. Dewaldt Duvenage
02. Darren Dawidiuk10. Paddy Jackson
03. Hoani Tui
04. Louis Deacon11. Tom Varndell
05. Lionel Nallet12. Fergus McFadden
06. Joe Van Niekerk13. Joel Tomkins
07. Alessandro Zanni14. Tim Visser
08. Jordan Crane15. Lee Byrne

16. Chris Whitehead 17. Fabien Barcella 18. Nick Auterac 19. Tom Jubb 20. Ofisa Treviranus 21. Will Chudley 22. Iain Humphreys 23. Gio Aplon

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 08 Sep 2013, 11:17 pm

Toulouse are having a dicky season this year , Lost 25-0 tonight to montpillier.

Toulouse backs look impressive on paper but there front 5 has no balance with Tikori and Millo in the row. Maestri gives them a decent lineout.

A backline of Doussain , Mcallister , Hosea Gear , Fritz , David , Medard and Huget is impressive.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 08 Sep 2013, 11:39 pm

He's back

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_8900998,00.html
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Mon 09 Sep 2013, 1:29 am