The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup round 4.

+20
The Boss
Hero
Bull
TopHat24/7
Hibbz
Kenny
88Chris05
compelling and rich
jbeadlesbigrighthand
ChequeredJersey
bhb001
The Womble
seanmichaels
Stella
Adam D
Galted
kingjohn7
superflyweight
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Greatest comedy character on TV since 1.1.2000

The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 11 ]
The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 5 ]
The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 7 ]
The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 7 ]
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 14 ]
The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 7 ]
The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_lcap12%The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 100

The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Empty The Culture Cup round 4.

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Sep 2013, 8:58 am

First topic message reminder :

So now we arrive at round 4 for the 606v2 Culture Cup and the poll for Who is the greatest comedy character on TV since the turn of the century?.

Round 3 was hotly contested with compelling & rich and Hero battling it out for top spot.  In the end, they couldn't be separated and even though I considered splitting them myself by having the casting vote, the fact that I have seen neither film made that impossible.  As a result, both posters claim maximum points and consolidate their excellent starts.  For the third round in a row, I believe the poster in second place had the best offering, which was superfly with City of God.  Anyone who didn’t vote for City of God should be struck down by lightning.  Union managed to claim 8 whole points which is more than he has claimed in all the other cups put together.  Adam's offering of Moulin Rouge finished joint second last, which proves there is some justice in the world.

Updated league table is here:

compelling & rich (The Dark Knight) : (12) 28
Hero (Inception): (12) 26
Adam (Moulin Rouge): (3) 19
seanmichaels (Argo): (6) 18
Azzy (Anchorman): (7) 18
The Womble (Memento): (5) 18
superflyweight (City of God): (10) 16
onlytreblewinners (Inglorious Basterds): (7) 14
Galted (Oldboy): (4) 14
Union (In Bruges): (8) 13
Jeff (Gladiator): (8) 12
Dolphin Ziggler (The Return of the King): (5) 12
jbeadlesbigrighthand (The Lives of Others): (3) 11
The Boss (Walk the Line): (5) 10
TopHat (Warrior): (3) 10
bhb001 (American Psycho): (5) 9
ChequeredJersey (Pan’s Labyrinth): (6) 7
JuliusHMarx (Match Point): (2) 6

The next round moves back to Books and Literature and there will be no restriction on what era you pick from which should appease Jeff and Julius, our resident Statler and Waldorf impersonators.  What I am looking for is the best piece of literature with a name in the title.  It can be a book, a play, a poem, a short story, whatever you want so long as it has a name in the title.  I will be the sole judge of what constitutes a name, and I am only allowing 1 book from a series.  

Please PM me a couple of choices in case your first effort is taken.  This will be the last round until around the 25th/26th September as I have to go away, but please can you PM me by the end of this week so I can get back to you if I need another choice.

Here is the poll for round 4 and remember, IT IS OPEN FOR THE WHOLE FORUM TO VOTE!

Thanks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup round 4. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Culture Cup round 4.

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:20 am

I've met her in the street twice. Once was just before she got the Big Breakfast job, and the other time up town a couple of years ago. She's really not all that without airbrushing.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:21 am

No need to look at the mantel piece when you're poking the fire.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:21 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I've met her in the street twice. Once was just before she got the Big Breakfast job, and the other time up town a couple of years ago. She's really not all that without airbrushing.
Is the the 'big mistake' you mentioned earlier?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:26 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I've met her in the street twice. Once was just before she got the Big Breakfast job, and the other time up town a couple of years ago. She's really not all that without airbrushing.
Azzy in dislike shocker!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrff Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:29 am

Pictures of your bird?

Scottrff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:31 am

Hey I never said I disliked, I still would Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:31 am

Scottrff wrote:
Pictures of your bird?
You're quite odd, Scotty.

I remember way back on the old Trash Talk section that you asked me for pictures of my wife.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrff Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:32 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Scottrff wrote:
Pictures of your bird?

I remember way back on the old Trash Talk section that you asked me for pictures of my wife.
Probably suspected you of preferring men.

Scottrff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:36 am

Scottrff wrote:
Scottrff wrote:
Pictures of your bird?

Probably suspected you of preferring men.
Because I enjoy Strictly Come Dancing?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:50 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I remember way back on the old Trash Talk section that you asked me for pictures of my wife.
Would you like some?

drumroll 
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:52 am

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I remember way back on the old Trash Talk section that you asked me for pictures of my wife.
Would you like some?

drumroll 
I could swap them for some imaginary pictures of TIMC.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:56 am

I sometimes wish that she was imaginary, dragged me off to watch an Insidious / Insidious 2 double bill last night, there's 5 hours I'll never get back.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:58 am

Union Cane wrote:I sometimes wish that she was imaginary, dragged me off to watch an Insidious / Insidious 2 double bill last night, there's 5 hours I'll never get back.
Was Insidious 2 rubbish? I really didn't enjoy the first one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:59 am

And how an earth did you stay awake for 5 hours in the cinema?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:00 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:And how an earth did you stay awake for 5 hours in the cinema?
I struggle with a couple of hours. My arse tends to hurt after 15 mins of sitting down.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:03 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:And how an earth did you stay awake for 5 hours in the cinema?
The constant rustling of popcorn bags and people whispering kept me awake.

The film was pretty standard fare, it continues from the end of the first one so if you weren't keen on that I doubt you'd enjoy it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:08 am

Once again finding away to hate on everything.

Have seen her at the London bike ride thingy, just passing in the street and in a bar by work and each time she has been abosolutely stunning. Dumber than a box of rocks I grant you, but who cares when she's that hot?! Naturally beautiful with the perfect figure. heart heart 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:12 am

Sophie Anderton was far hotter when I saw her. Little makeup and early mornings just don't help some people Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:16 am

Sophie Anderton too skinny.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:16 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Darren Anderton was far hotter when I saw him. Little makeup and early mornings just don't help some people Smile
Sorted that one for you, Azzy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:21 am

I'm man enough to admit that Darren Anderton is/was hot. Doesn't scare me.

I ran my fastest ever 10k by following Sophie Anderton during the London Marathon. I was desperate to keep up, that behind was Drool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:22 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Darren Anderton was far hotter when I saw him. Little makeup and early mornings just don't help some people Smile
Sorted that one for you, Azzy.
Laugh 
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 18 Sep 2013, 6:38 pm

whens tino back for the next round of this? going away myself on sunday and after i got in late for this round i ended up having to go with my 7th choice

think id struggle thinking of 7 choices in some of the other rounds

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 19 Sep 2013, 1:05 pm

Seem to remember he is back around the 25th September. That week for sure.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:46 am

I loved this round. I miss it so much.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:50 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I loved this round. I miss it so much.
It was a good'un.

Its quite torturous that its been left on 99 votes though.

Only Nena would be happy with that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:53 am

It's over two and a half months since round 4 began.  Astonishing.

Though some quite unpleasant people would probably say that that was the average length in a round of Tino's culture cup.  Not me.

Last edited by Galted on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Shambolic spelling.)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:58 am

Galted wrote:It's over two and a half months since round 4 began.  Astonishing.

Though some quite unpleasant people would probably say that that was the average lenght in a round of Tino's culture cup.  Not me.
What is a lenght?

Too quick for you, Galted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 26 Nov 2013, 9:03 am

Though some quite unpleasant people would probably say that that was the average lenght in a round of Tino's culture cup.  Not me.
What is a lenght?

F**k you, Tino.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 26 Nov 2013, 9:04 am

Galted wrote:

What is a lenght?

F**k you, Tino.
Laugh 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3