The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster V Leinster [Sat 5 oct 18:45]

+25
BlueMuff
theslosty
gleesonisgod
doddieman
KiaRose
Artful_Dodger
George Carlin
Feckless Rogue
ME-109
LondonTiger
asoreleftshoulder
Rory_Gallagher
The Saint
LeinsterFan4life
Sin é
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Golden
rodders
Jenifer McLadyboy
the-goon
Submachine
VinceWLB
Mickado
GunsGerms
profitius
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Munster V Leinster   [Sat 5 oct  18:45]   - Page 3 Empty Munster V Leinster [Sat 5 oct 18:45]

Post by profitius Mon 30 Sep 2013, 3:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Head to head
Munster v  Leinster
36  Played 36
17  Wins 17
17  Losses 17
2   Draws 2
51  Tries 47
35  Conversions 34
100  Penalties 98
6   Drop Goals 4
673  Points 622
25   Avg. Age 26

The match is on RTE
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Munster V Leinster   [Sat 5 oct  18:45]   - Page 3 Empty Re: Munster V Leinster [Sat 5 oct 18:45]

Post by ME-109 Mon 07 Oct 2013, 1:01 am

Mickado wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Hello all the blue rinse brigade...where are you????
I was in Limerick at the match. Were you?
No i wasn't matter of fact. What's your point coconut cream?

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Munster V Leinster   [Sat 5 oct  18:45]   - Page 3 Empty Re: Munster V Leinster [Sat 5 oct 18:45]

Post by GunsGerms Mon 07 Oct 2013, 9:13 am

Wasnt a great game at all. Once again Ian Keatley looked a very decent player and seems to be improving all the time. Leinster will be fine but not sure Tiquiri was the right man for the centre and Madigan wasnt great. Dave K was decent.

There is a lot less endevour and creatitivity in the Leinster backs at the moment compared to under Schmidt which is a concern.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 07 Oct 2013, 10:13 am

GunsGerms wrote:Wasnt a great game at all. Once again Ian Keatley looked a very decent player and seems to be improving all the time. Leinster will be fine but not sure Tiquiri was the right man for the centre and Madigan wasnt great. Dave K was decent.

There is a lot less endevour and creatitivity in the Leinster backs at the moment compared to under Schmidt which is a concern.
Tiquiri didn't get his hands on the ball until 60 odd minutes, looked like nobody wanted to pass to him for the first half. Shame he pulled up with the injury, there was no catching him. It would have been a mugging, Munster were far better, but I would have taken it!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 07 Oct 2013, 10:21 am

Yes Leinster didnt deserve to win. Was in a cafe Saturday afternoon and half the Leinster team were there. They were all messing and joking and just didnt seem particularly focused or ready to rumble. On the pitch they looked a bit like a team that werent particularly hungry for the win. That said to lose by a couple of points in one of our biggest Rabo matches of the season isnt a disaster.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 07 Oct 2013, 10:35 am

I think they've made a big mistake with the coaching. They should have groomed an understudy whilst they had Schmidt. Taking nothing away from O'Connor but it was the attacking and defensive systems that made Leinster so hard to beat as much as their players.

They have personnel issues with players leaving, injured and aging and this was always going to be a tough year but bringing in a new head coach hasn't helped when they already had the systems and structures in place to be successful.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 07 Oct 2013, 10:56 am

Too early to tell Rodders. Preferred how Schmidt had the team playing though.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:08 am

GunsGerms wrote:Too early to tell Rodders. Preferred how Schmidt had the team playing though.
Well I don't thinks so Guns. Schmidt's style worked, that's why he's Ireland coach. If you bring in a new coach from outside then inevitably the tactics will change to some degree. O'Connor will want to bring his own ideas obviously, which may add something or not, but I can't see how he will be as effective as Schmidt.

At least if the successor came from within they'd keep a degree of continuity with the tactics and philosophy which has brought them massive success over the past few years.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Mon 07 Oct 2013, 12:06 pm

Schmidt leaving is undoubtedly having an effect on Leinster but surely missing Nacawa, Sexton and BOD was the big difference between this season and last.

Nacawa was truly outstanding over the last few seasons and did things no one else could do and Sexton is probably the best 10 in Europe at the moment.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 07 Oct 2013, 12:11 pm

The writing was on the wall for Leinster last year as was evidenced in the HC and Joe got out when he saw the writing on the wall. O'Conner cant be blamed as he has a group of players decidedly less capable than what Leinster have had over previous years. The same can be said of Joe in that he took over a very good bunch of players that Cheika had put together....

This is why it will be very interesting to see how smoking Joe will do with Ireland...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 07 Oct 2013, 12:11 pm

Goes without saying MM but my point is losing Schmidt has exasperated the issues caused by personnel changes.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Mon 07 Oct 2013, 1:26 pm

A lot of over reaction going on here lads.We only lost by 4 points and we've had worse starts to league than this.

If we're still playing like this come January then I'll agree there's a problem but really the season has only started and we lost by 4 points in Thomond,while I agree we're not the team we were 2 years ago I'm not gonna start predicting our demise just yet.

Looking at the game on the RTE player I was expecting to see Munster dominating us and Leinster only hanging in but in reality it was a very tight game only decided by a silly yellow card from Madigan which allowed Munster to score a try they didn't really look capable of getting against 15 men.Our attack was equally toothless and Tuqiri wasn't used nearly enough as when we did give him the ball he looked very dangerous.D'Arcy was very poor imo but he was used far more often.

The set piece was good,the lineout was solid enough with no realy yips from Cronin and the scrum was comfortably on top for the first 60 minutes despite some of Poites questionable interpretations.Munster reversed the trend for the last 20 but overall it was decent.This is however the 2nd game in a row where our flankers have been anonymous and that's worrying,I hope MoC will tweak his gameplan so they are more involved.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 07 Oct 2013, 1:26 pm

ME-109 wrote:The writing was on the wall for Leinster last year as was evidenced in the HC and Joe got out when he saw the writing on the wall. O'Conner cant be blamed as he has a group of players decidedly less capable than what Leinster have had over previous years. The same can be said of Joe in that he took over a very good bunch of players that Cheika had put together....

This is why it will be very interesting to see how smoking Joe will do with Ireland...
There was no evidence from the Heineken cup that the writing was on the wall for Leinster. They were very good just marginally not as good as finalists Clermont who are probably the only team capable of beating them at home last year.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 07 Oct 2013, 3:36 pm

Aparently Strauss is out for the season with heart condition.

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/richardt-strauss-heart-1118155-Oct2013/

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Mon 07 Oct 2013, 3:45 pm

Jees lads, I've been reading back on this thread and there is a bit of an overreaction from some about losing what was hardly a classic game of rugby but one that definately was (as the bishop said to the chorus girl) a tight one. It could have gone either way lets face it and as Mick said, if Tiquiri hadn't pulled up the result may have been very different.
I've yet to see any really good rugby played yet this season in the Pro12 but it's early days yet.

That's bad news about Strauss, hopefully it's not a career ending condition.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon 07 Oct 2013, 3:55 pm

I don't like criticising referees because the vast majority of them do the job as well and as honestly as they can.

Roman Poite is not fit, in my opinion, to referee an under 16 match.........ive never seen a referee who is so keen to get cards out of his pocket (he will usually miss the obvious dangerous stuff)/ his interpretations are generally wrong.

As a Touch judge he was responsible for Ireland losing to the All Blacks in 2012 be flagging for a non-existent knock on - he went on to referee the next game and allowed a forward pass for the All Blacks 1st try. He erroneously binned Du Plessis recently despite advice to the contrary from the TMO.

How many more chances is this terrible referee going to get??

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by gleesonisgod Mon 07 Oct 2013, 7:29 pm

I saw enough evidence when we played Scarlets, Ospreys, and Cardiff, to say that O'Connor is a good replacement for Schmidt. However, centre is slightly worrying the way Darce played.

Team I'd have for Sat: Healy,Cronin,Moore,McCarthy,Roux,SOB,Ryan,Murphy,Boss,Gopperth,Fitz,Madigan,Macken,McFadden,Kearney Bench:McGrath,Dundon,Ross,Toner,Heaslip,Cooney,Reid,Kirchner.

gleesonisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 07 Oct 2013, 8:16 pm

Wow that's a mad team ted.

I could live with the front row. But you have a 6'4" and a 6'5" guy in the 2nd row. with a 6'11" guy who is in great form on the bench.

You have dropped the Irish captain for a guy who is out injured after an opp and dropped Kev Mc out of the squad altogether to put Sob at 6. And replace him with dom ryan at 7?

Dropped Madigan out of the 23 for Noel focking Reid!

That's almost as crazy as

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 07 Oct 2013, 8:16 pm

................. Having no outside backs whatsoever.

Perhaps you are on the gargle. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 8:38 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Aparently Strauss is out for the season with heart condition.

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/richardt-strauss-heart-1118155-Oct2013/
Very sad news. Hopefully Strauss makes a full recovery, and can return to his playing career.

Back to top Go down

Post by gleesonisgod Mon 07 Oct 2013, 9:37 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Wow that's a mad team ted.

I could live with the front row. But you have a 6'4" and a 6'5" guy in the 2nd row. with a 6'11" guy who is in great form on the bench.

You have dropped the Irish captain for a guy who is out injured after an opp and dropped Kev Mc out of the squad altogether to put Sob at 6. And replace him with dom ryan at 7?

Dropped Madigan out of the 23 for Noel focking Reid!

That's almost as crazy as
Ok firstly, did not realise Murphy was injured. Obviously I'd start Jamie, but I'd put Ruddock on the bench.

2nd row I just wan't a bit more grunt, however your probably right about needing the height in their, although I wouldn't go as far as to say Toner is in great form (he has improved).

Back row should be picked on form and currently Ryan and Ruddock are more on form than Kev Mc, also I prefer, like many others, SOB at 6.

I have Madigan in their at 12, perhaps rash, but D'Arcy was pretty awful against Munster.

There's also four outside backs, how much more do you need?.

gleesonisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 08 Oct 2013, 7:48 am

You would need 2 wingers, 2 centres and a full back. 5 outside backs. If you have a look at your team again. there are only 10 players in it. Smile

Gopperth at 10 is certainly arguable. personally I'd give Mads another go.

Ryan is in no kind of form that would get him in the team imho.

Hopefully Kev Sob and Jamie can,t possibly have as bad a game again.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 08 Oct 2013, 9:03 am

I thought Toner was one of the better players against Munster, arguably he out shaded Ryan, although POC pinched a couple of lineouts I think.

D'arcy really was abysmal, only his beard impressed. The IRFU made a huge error giving this guy a contract extension - he's nothing like the player he was 8 or 9 seasons ago.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by gleesonisgod Tue 08 Oct 2013, 9:33 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:You would need 2 wingers, 2 centres and a full back. 5 outside backs. If you have a look at your team again. there are only 10 players in it. Smile

Gopperth at 10 is certainly arguable. personally I'd give Mads another go.

Ryan is in no kind of form that would get him in the team imho.

Hopefully Kev Sob and Jamie can,t possibly have as bad a game again.
We must be looking at two different things.

I'd have Gopperth at 10 only so Maddog can go 12.

gleesonisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 08 Oct 2013, 10:33 am

gleesonisgod wrote:
Team I'd have for Sat: Healy,Cronin,Moore,McCarthy,Roux,SOB,Ryan,Murphy,Boss,Gopperth
Bench:McGrath,Dundon,Ross,Toner,Heaslip,Cooney,Reid,Kirchner.
I dunno perhaps it was my phone, but when I looked at your team it said the above.

gleesonisgod wrote:,Fitz,Madigan,Macken,McFadden,Kearney
was not visible to me.

There is no sign that you edited it so it must be me. Sorry about that.

Personally I would go Healy,Cronin,Ross,McCarthy,Toner,McLaughlin,O'Brien,Heaslip. (Status Quo)
Boss,Madigan,Fitz,D'Arcy,McFadden,D Kearney,R Kearney
Bench:McGrath,Dundon,Moore,Roux,Ruddock,Cooney,Gopperth,Kirchner.

Based on the fact that the back row and Darce can't play that bad again...... Can they?

Type of selection that Kidney and O'Sullivan got slated for. I must be getting old.

We really need to gel the team, and also really need the win over there. I will be in Swansea to roar them on.

Would have no problem bringing Gopperth on for Darce if he has another mare. If Bod makes it (unlikely but possible) I would drop McFaden, D Kearney or Fitz to the bench.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Tue 08 Oct 2013, 10:35 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
gleesonisgod wrote:
Team I'd have for Sat: Healy,Cronin,Moore,McCarthy,Roux,SOB,Ryan,Murphy,Boss,Gopperth
Bench:McGrath,Dundon,Ross,Toner,Heaslip,Cooney,Reid,Kirchner.
I dunno perhaps it was my phone, but when I looked at your team it said the above.

gleesonisgod wrote:,Fitz,Madigan,Macken,McFadden,Kearney
 was not visible to me.

There is no sign that you edited it so it must be me. Sorry about that.

Personally I would go Healy,Cronin,Ross,McCarthy,Toner,McLaughlin,O'Brien,Heaslip. (Status Quo)
Boss,Madigan,Fitz,D'Arcy,McFadden,D Kearney,R Kearney
Bench:McGrath,Dundon,Moore,Roux,Ruddock,Cooney,Gopperth,Kirchner.

Based on the fact that the back row and Darce can't play that bad again...... Can they?

Type of selection that Kidney and O'Sullivan got slated for. I must be getting old.

We really need to gel the team, and also really need the win over there. I will be in Swansea to roar them on.

Would have no problem bringing Gopperth on for Darce if he has another mare. If Bod makes it (unlikely but possible) I would drop McFaden, D Kearney or Fitz to the bench.
I thought you had gone a bit mad in the head, but I didn't like to say.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 08 Oct 2013, 10:40 am

Submachine wrote:
Hug  Very kind of you.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Tue 08 Oct 2013, 10:48 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Submachine wrote:
Hug  Very kind of you.
Reminded me a bit of Flyhalffactory. He can never see whats in front of his face either. My team

Healy - Cronin - Moore
Toner - McCarthy
Ruddock - Heaslip - SOB

Boss

Gopperth
Madigan
Darcy
Fitz McFadden

R Kearney

McGrath
Dundon
Ross
Roux
Kev
Reddan (is he injured? if so then Cooney)
D Kearney
Kirchner

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 08 Oct 2013, 10:55 am

Are Leinster keeping BOD out of this one to avoid him getting stick from the Welsh supporters? Cool 
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Tue 08 Oct 2013, 11:24 am

rodders wrote:Are Leinster keeping BOD out of this one to avoid him getting stick from the Welsh supporters? Cool 
They wanted to ease him into not playing this week by not playing him last week also. He avoided some serious Munster stick, which is tremendous preparation for the huge step up in stick quality he will seek to avoid on Saturday.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 11:41 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Submachine wrote:
Hug  Very kind of you.
Jen is mad as a hatter...generally she hides it well but it gets out every now and then

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3