The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aviva Premiership - Round 5 Preview

+25
lostinwales
Rugby Fan
Sgt_Pooly
Hound of Harrow
nathan
maverickmak
Hood83
Scrumpy
Cumbrian
ChequeredJersey
HammerofThunor
Bathite
tooboredtowork
propdavid_london
Geordie
Bathman_in_London
beshocked
doctor_grey
HongKongCherry
formerly known as Sam
Ozzy3213
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
stnick88
yappysnap
LondonTiger
29 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 5 Preview Empty Aviva Premiership - Round 5 Preview

Post by LondonTiger Wed 02 Oct 2013, 1:12 pm

Well we arrive at the last round before the short break for European matches with Dean Richards self-proclaimed "Top 3" ensconced at the top of the table, while Worcester are the only side yet to win a match:

Table:

Friday 4th October 2013

Sale v Bath 19:45 BT Sports
The round starts with 4th placed Bath facing a Sale team that have been a little bit Jekyl and Hyde this season. Neither side feature in the top Tier European tournament this season, so we can expect them to be naming the best available teams available to them. With Nick McLeod still injured we should expect the latest FH wunderkind, George Ford, to be facing up to a predecessor in Danny Cipriani. Gnarly Bath forwards like Paul James, Dave Attwood and Rob Webber have been in the press this week talking up ford's England potential and talking about how bossy and mature he is as he directs the game. You do wonder sometimes just how much respect the forwards Cips has played with have for him?
Bath have a high profile and very strong front 5, though there are injury worries in the second row - which could see MattGarvey moving from the back row to the position many want to see him play for England. There will also be injury concerns at Full Back, with Anthony Watson leaving early last week.
While Bath have the high profile forwards, the Sale pack are well drilled by Steve Diamond. They certainly have thw wherewithall to make life difficult for Bath.
On top form Bath should win. however if they are even an ounce away from that Sale will push them all the way and would be confident of sneaking the win that would move them even further away from the relegation worries.

Saturday 5th October 2013

London Irish v Harlequins 15:00
Perhaps the last thing a struggling London Irish team needed was the arrival of a wounded animal like the Harlequins. COS was already a touch defensive when asked about Deano's comments and defeat to Sarries will have hurt the whole team. Harlequins cannot afford to even think about the HEC, as defeat in Reading would probably see them move into the bottom half of the table.
So far this season, Quins have struggled to express themselves when they have been roughed up by the physical sides they have faced (Saints and Sarries). London Irish surely have to try and do the same - but I am not sure they have the players to do that. Instead they will be looking to keep the tempo high and let the game flow - usually something that plays right into Quins hands.
I am struggling to see LI getting much from this fixture.

Saracens v London Wasps 15:00
Sarries perfect start to the season was dented, but only slightly, as Quins deprived them of a TBP. This season Sarries have cranked up the physical side of their game (especially with the arrival of Billy Vunipola) but have also started to score tries. They seem to have realised that a strong defence only gets you so far. Will Sarries look at resting some key players before next weeks visit to Western Ireland? They may feel that in the pack they can afford to do so, but having been shocked by Wasps towards the end of last season they will want revenge.
Wasps fans will have been glad to see Elliot Daly playing again, but a little disheartened at Andy Goode's failings from the kicking tee. They surely cannot compete with Sarries up front, so will need to take every chance that comes there way. While goalkicking has been a worry, in Christian Wade they have a man who can create tries from nothing. the pace of Varndell is unlikely to be available on the other wing.
I suspect Sarries will secure another 5pt victory.

Worcester v Newcastle 15:00
While it is still too early in the season for this to be a relegation decider - Worcester simply cannot afford to enter the Euro-break with another defeat. Dean ryan has been talking up Chris Pennell this week and the least exotic member of the Warrior's backline has certainly been their standout performer so far this season. However it is unlikely to be the form of the full-backs that decides this bottom of the table encounter.
Neither side has looked capable of scoring lots of points this season, with just 37pts scored Falcons are the only side to have scored fewer points than the Warriors. This means that defence, discipline and precision will be key. As far as defence goes, Worcester are shipping 30pts per match. As to precision - well it seems that the Falcons hookers could not hit the proverbial barn door.
Worcester simply have to win, and that desire should just see them home.

Leicester v Northampton 15:15   BT Sports
As usual, the East Midlands derby will be on live TV. Saints travel to Welford Rd in good form, but on the back of a long losing streak to their neighbours. The first sell-out crowd will hope to see another intense and exciting match from these two "old friends". Before last season's final, I bemoaned the lack of passion in these fixtures since the Clark/Hawkins incident. That final however shattered any illusions that this is just another fixture. Richard Cockerill is still on the naughty step, as Paul Burke leads Tigers to what I hope will be another convincing win.
The scrum battle will be interesting, and from my seat in the stand I will also be concentrating on what happens to Flood after he has played the ball. He is a very brave young man, but is starting to look a little fragile as teams seek to rough him up. sometimes it is right on the limits of legality, other times players are going well beyond - but the intent is there - opposition are looking to hurt him. Following his 1 match ban following a red card on Monday, Ryan Lamb will be unable to make an appearance against his most recent former team. something Tigers fans will probably be pleased about.
shoudl be a titanic struggle - but I see no reason to believe that Tigers will not do well.

Sunday 6th October 2013

Gloucester v Exeter 14:00 BT Sports
Gloucester's woes in the front 5 continue with further injuries to key players and now a 4 week suspension for Koree Britton. England fans will be desperate to see Ben Morgan appear and play well, while I am hoping we may actually get a chance to see Kvesic playing at openside. Odd sare though that Kalamafoni will start at 8 and Kvesic will be the 6.
It took Exeter 20 minutes to start playing last Sunday - and that is always a bad idea against the champions. They had some high scoring matches against Glaws last season, and BT will be hoping it is a free flowing game after a couple of more physical showings on their new Sports channel. Exeter have the ability to win, and will surely get a rocket up the arse from rob Baxter. thing is though they were let down by basic skills in the second half last Sunday. so many opportunities wasted by an inability to pass to a man or catch the ball.

Last edited by LondonTiger on Wed 02 Oct 2013, 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 5 Preview Empty Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 5 Preview

Post by LondonTiger Wed 02 Oct 2013, 1:12 pm

I reckon that when it comes to Superbru predictions I will go for 5 home wins.

Who do I thionk will win away - most likely candidate Harlequins.

Last edited by LondonTiger on Wed 02 Oct 2013, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 5 Preview Empty Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 5 Preview

Post by yappysnap Wed 02 Oct 2013, 4:19 pm

Don't worry you have the important games covered anyway.

My predictions:

Bath to win but no tbp and a losing no to Sale.

Quins to edge a high scorer but no tbp

Sarries demolish Wasps with a tbp

Falcons to just beat Wuss in a close one

And Saints to lay some demons to rest with a win in a fight of a game

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 02 Oct 2013, 4:23 pm

anyone know the rules on EPS players?

Will Irish have to rest Yarde? Do Quins have to rest Robshaw, Brown, Marler?

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 02 Oct 2013, 4:40 pm

stnick88 wrote:anyone know the rules on EPS players?

Will Irish have to rest Yarde? Do Quins have to rest Robshaw, Brown, Marler?
This is not a training week so unless a player is being monitored by the medical crew there is no enforced rest. Clubs may decide to rest a player so there is no risk of exceeding the maximum gametime - but in LIs case surely it would be better to leave Yarde out in the Amlin.

Cannot see Quins resting Marler or Brown, as the fit backup is much reduced in quality.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 02 Oct 2013, 4:42 pm

LT, I agree about the treatment Flood gets. But that happens to every 10 not just Flood. Evans gets a shoeing in some games that should def be picked up by the ref but never seems to be. I guess it's just the flip side of being the star of the team.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 02 Oct 2013, 4:45 pm

It feels like flood is getting a lot more of it nowadays, because it has been seen to work, and with a series of concussions it is a worry.

That is however a 1 1/2 eyed subjective view.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 02 Oct 2013, 4:47 pm

Resting players?!?! Outrageous!!! Wink

On a more serious note, I remain concerned by Exe's start to the season, and altho the second half against Tigers was much improved, we've now delivered a short handful of weak opening match performances, with RB unable as yet to lay his hand on the cure. I used to be convinced that our pack was the near match of any except the very best, but recently the forwards have been lacklustre at best, with set piece difficulties to the fore, our lineout woes being the most notable. Have other teams simply progressed as we have stood still? Have we failed to adapt to the new scrum laws as others seem to have managed? Too many questions, not enough answers - not feeling terribly optimistic about a visit to Kingsholm tbh

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 02 Oct 2013, 4:49 pm

Andrea Masi out for 5 months following surgery. Shame for Wasps (and Italy) as he is a class act.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 02 Oct 2013, 4:51 pm

Asbo - your centres were really poor too. Nacker Naqe Nacq the big fijian needs to get fit, and surely Whitten is a centre not a winger. Shoemark has been so good for chiefs, but on Sunday he really sucked the lemon.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 02 Oct 2013, 4:56 pm

Whether I hit 3pm on Saturday confident or not will largely depend on who we have fit this week and who Smiffy puts out on the pitch. Skivs is due back and him and Gough in the engine room would give us grunt and leadership. Similarly there is a chance that Hala'ufia is back as well, and a back 5 of 4. Gough 5. Skivington 6. Cowan 7. Treviranus 8. Hala'ufia certainly has enough power to give us a chance of winning the game.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 02 Oct 2013, 5:02 pm

I reckon it will be a good game. forecast is decent so expect plenty of running rugby. really want to see tagi start as will give us another weapon in attack. quins pack is good but not one that i expect to dominate us like bath did in the first 40. which should mean we can get some decent ball to attack with. need to keep care quiet.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 02 Oct 2013, 5:02 pm

On the up side for the Chiefs the young guys in the team Ewers and Hill both played very well against us and once young Nowell is fit a combination of him and James on the wings will work well. Just need to sort out that tight five at the set piece and you'll be grand.

Flood is an easy target, he likes to stand flat and often takes the ball forward before looking to distribute. This puts him very close to the opposition where as a lot of other AP 10s like to start in a deeper position and attack the line or stand flatter but distribute quicker. That generally means they are not as easy to target. Ford plays in a similar way to Floody and I fear similar tactics will come his way.

Saints do look to target the 10 and have tried some fairly dodgey stuff previously. I remember an AP semi at WR where there were two late hits on Flood very early on which saw Toby lamp Hartley after the second one. It only stopped after the referee threatened Saints with a yellow card if it continued.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 02 Oct 2013, 8:56 pm

LT, Kvesic played 7 against Falcons and against Sale. He played 6 against Sarries, but as Q was taken off after 5 minutes so that a prop could come in, he played 7 for the bulk of that match too. Arguably against Saints whilst he had 6 on his back he was playing as a 7. Morgan had a decent game against Falcons, so I'd fully expect to see him at 8 again with Kalamafoni and Kvesic at 6 and 7 respectively.

Asbo, don't worry your forwards will look great this Sunday Wink

For what it's worth I can see wins for Bath, Quins, Sarries, Falcons, Tigers and Glaws. I just get the sense with Wuss that there is almost a view that it wouldn't be the end of the world if they went down and so the other teams around them just want it more.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 02 Oct 2013, 9:41 pm

I wonder if any of the teams who are in Heineken Cup action the following week will rest any players for then.  

Saints are away at Castres, Chiefs at home to the Blues, Sarries away at Connacht, Quins at home to the Scarlets, Tigers away at Ulster and Gloucester at home to Perpignan.

All with the exception of Tigers all will have bigger games in the pool stage, so I think it's unlikely that we'll see many players rested this week, but it may make team announcement day a little bit more nervy for a few.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 02 Oct 2013, 9:52 pm

We could probably do with resting a few but no chance of that vs Saints. The Saints game is too big to risk resting anyone. Sarries have a rotation policy so maybe they are already planning to.move some around. Glaws and Quins will probably be targeting wins in order to gather some momentum. The Chiefs haven't really got into their stride yet so I'd expect them to going all out for a win in the AP first.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:24 am

Let's see how I can get it all wrong this week:

Sale v Bath
I like this match-up.  Sale at home in their usual Friday evening time slot.  Can be up and down.  To an extent their fate rests on which Cipriani plays.  Bath are looking pretty good and their pack is good, possibly real good.  I want Sale to win this one, but I really don't know why.  Bath is one of the great towns in the world (excepting the Rec, of course).  And I think Bath does win.
Bath by 10

London Irish v Harlequins
Ah, the Reading Irish.  Not looking good at the moment.  I agree with LT that Quins are probably the last team which Irish need to be playing right now.  It will be interesting to see if Quins get back in form or if Irish stay in the match.  A real tester for Quins in my opinion.
Quins by 12

Saracens v London Wasps
A good mate refers to this match as the upset special of the weekend.  He guarantees a Wasps win.  Methinks I will have my mate put away for a while with those nice gents wearing those pretty white coats.
Saracens by 20

Worcester v Newcastle
As LondonTiger calls it, one of the early relegation deciders.  
Worcester can't afford to lose.  
Newcastle can't afford to lose.
Worcester have a hard-nosed coach.
Newcastle has a hard-nosed coach who might actually eat his young.  
Worcester by 3

Leicester v Northampton
Oh, baby, the orgasmotron match of the weekend.  Neighbors, rivals, two teams with bald coaches.  They will go at it hammer and tongs.  Passion and emotion and energy.  
Two teams playing very well.  This Saints team actually have the backs playing well.  On paper, looks even.  Playing at Welford Road gives Tigers an edge.  But I can't go there.  Goes against my DNA.  Classic heart over logic, maybe.
Saints by 7 (in the heart of darkness)

Gloucester v Exeter
I like Gloucester.  I like Exeter.  I simply don't understand this Gloucester team.
So I pick Exeter by 3

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 03 Oct 2013, 7:51 am

apologies HKC, rather rushed the last preview and did not research as usual.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 03 Oct 2013, 8:37 am

Agree about Saints targeting 10s. They did that to Charlie in last season's play off semis.

Sam you are right I expect Sarries to rest at least Borthwick,Burger,Stevens and Ashton.

Billy Vunipola will probably be benched.

Farrell and Mako will probably have to play unfortunately due to injuries to Gill and Hodgson.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 03 Oct 2013, 8:43 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:I wonder if any of the teams who are in Heineken Cup action the following week will rest any players for then.  

Saints are away at Castres, Chiefs at home to the Blues, Sarries away at Connacht, Quins at home to the Scarlets, Tigers away at Ulster and Gloucester at home to Perpignan.

All with the exception of Tigers all will have bigger games in the pool stage, so I think it's unlikely that we'll see many players rested this week, but it may make team announcement day a little bit more nervy for a few.
Eh-hem, this is the AP, there is no resting of players steam 

Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 03 Oct 2013, 8:49 am

Asbo is a cheeky monkey

Last edited by LondonTiger on Thu 03 Oct 2013, 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 03 Oct 2013, 9:01 am

Alasbut100ofus doesn't really matter about resting players if the players brought in are just as good.

Oh well we rest Stevens - bring in James Johnston

Rest Burger - bring in Will Fraser

Rest Billy - bring in Joubert

Rest Borthwick - play Kruis and Hargreaves

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 03 Oct 2013, 9:22 am

Pretty nice problem to have, beshocked!

PS I was being tongue-in-cheek above, for the avoidance of doubt
PPS Also no intention of bringing EuroCup nonsense into this thread in any serious manner

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 03 Oct 2013, 9:35 am

alasbut100ofus it is a nice problem.

On the other hand it's difficult to keep everyone happy. E.g. look at Tigers losing Ford and 36.

They wanted first team rugby and they are getting that at Bath and Gloucester.

I feel that surely at some time Saracens will have to lose players they don't want to.

Will Wasps do some rotation like Bath?Whistle 

Last edited by beshocked on Thu 03 Oct 2013, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 03 Oct 2013, 9:36 am

Another good write up LT.

My thoughts:

Sale vs Bath
Bath look like they will be without Attwood, Day, Banahan and Watson for this one. That second row combo loss is a big blow in particular, the pack are really going to have to work hard. I've got a nagging feeling at the back of my head that Sale might sneak this one with a Bath LBP.

Irish vs Quins
I hope for Irish's sake that they play a bit more like they did in the second half last week, if so this could be a good game. I still think Quins will probably have too much for them, but mentally, teams will now be approaching Quins thinking they can get something from the game, which hasn't always been the case in the last few seasons. Quins 4pts Irish 1

Sarries vs Wasps
Sarries win with a bonus point, nothing else to see here folks. Their pack will be too much for Wasps.

Wuss vs Newcastle
Its a shame in many ways this isnt on tv, I think this could be a first win for Worcester, Newcastle have looked a little off colour when I've seen them so far and Wuss will be very up for this.
Wuss 4 pts, Newcastle 1

Leicester vs Northampton
Cockers has again been talking up his absentees (no other teams have injuries of course!) but I think at home Leicester will have too much and will be able to grind out a win. Should be a fiery encounter of course, any bets on how long before the 1st yellow? Leicester 4 pts, Saints 1

Gloucester vs Exeter
Gloucester are yet again looking like less than the sum of their parts, Exeter aren't looking too great themselves. So I think overall home advantage will tell and Gloucester will bag another win. Glaws 4 pts, Exeter 1.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 03 Oct 2013, 9:39 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:I wonder if any of the teams who are in Heineken Cup action the following week will rest any players for then.  

Eh-hem, this is the AP, there is no resting of players steam 

Wink
I meant rotation, different thing altogether! Wink 
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 03 Oct 2013, 9:44 am

beshocked wrote:On the other hand it's difficult to keep everyone happy. E.g. look at Tigers losing Ford and 36.

I feel that surely at some time Saracens will have to lose players they don't want to.

I guess the problem is with players who want to play for England but are not first choice. Jamie George, Will Fraser and even Owen Farrell may have been a little worried about their status. However they can probably be kept happy.

I still wish we had been able to keep Ford and 36, but they would still be backup players now to other EPS/Saxons squad members.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 03 Oct 2013, 9:54 am

Our pack has actually played well...except for the lineout (mentioned above) which is simply appalling)

The problem appears to be the tactics...or the decisions by our 10's to kick kick kick...and meaningless/poor ones at that.

If Clegg starts and can compose himself abit more kicking out of hand then i am confident of a win. Id rather see Joel Hodgson start mind.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 03 Oct 2013, 10:44 am

Geordiefalcon I think first and foremost you need to sort out the lack of points scored in general.

37 points scored in 4 matches is simply not good enough - just 1 try.

Your defence has actually been better than Gloucester,London Irish, Exeter and Worcester.

Londontiger true. I think Jamie George's patience might go if he doesn't get his opportunities - but from his perspective I am not sure where he could go other than perhaps Gloucester or Exeter.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 03 Oct 2013, 10:47 am

beshocked wrote:alasbut100ofus it is a nice problem.

On the other hand it's difficult to keep everyone happy. E.g. look at Tigers losing Ford and 36.

Will Wasps do some rotation like Bath?Whistle 
If only they'd offered them an IPad and tickets to Oktoberfest!! Smile 

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 03 Oct 2013, 10:49 am

beshocked wrote:Geordiefalcon I think first and foremost you need to sort out the lack of points scored in general.

Your defence has actually been better than Gloucester,London Irish, Exeter and Worcester.

Londontiger true. I think Jamie George's patience might go if he doesn't get his opportunities - but from his perspective I am not sure where he could go other than perhaps Gloucester or Exeter.
If he came to us, I'd expect him to have to compete with LC-D (and his dreadful mullett) for the starting shirt

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 03 Oct 2013, 10:58 am

Just read from a telegraph article that Joel Tomkins will be back in the Saracens squad for the Wasps game which bodes well for England. Gives a chance for him to compete for the 13 shirt.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 03 Oct 2013, 11:28 am

beshocked wrote:Geordiefalcon I think first and foremost you need to sort out the lack of points scored in general.

Thats the problem BS. Our pack is doing some very good stuff. But the tactics in relation to the backs and the execution of the kicks and play generally etc has been quite appalling.

It doesnt help that we've lost Helleur, Shortland etc BUT it shouldnt matter. We look devoid of ideas. Thats why id like to see young Joel Hodgson in there...he'll give us the spark we're missing.

At the moment our pack is strong, but our backs need overhauled....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 03 Oct 2013, 11:54 am

Pack is strong? I suppose it depends who you compare it to.

I thought you said your lineout was appalling - surely that's an integral part of the set piece?

Yappysnap I heard that borthwick was upset he couldn't go this season to the oktoberfest - something about a press shoot for the HC.......

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:03 pm

I have seen Falcons twice this season.

First on TV against Bath. Against a full strength Bath team they did ok. Some iffy decisions against the at scrum time, but they competed well.

Then live against us. At scrum time they clearly had the upper hand - until Dan Cole came on to replace Logo. Then the whole dynamic changed. Their pack looked decent all round the field. The backs had plenty of possession, but either dropped it or kicked it. Rob Vickers throwing though was poor. At the time I described it as the worst display I had seen of lineout throwing (and stand by that). Even worse than Wasps whjen Webber and Lindsay were at their very worst.

So from my point of view, the Falcons pack is decent - especially if they can get either of their two better hookers on the pitch. It provides the backs with enough ball but........

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:07 pm

beshocked wrote:Pack is strong? I suppose it depends who you compare it to.

I thought you said your lineout was appalling - surely that's an integral part of the set piece?

Yappysnap I heard that borthwick was upset he couldn't go this season to the oktoberfest - something about a press shoot for the HC.......

I am sure he went to the special one they had in London last month. (Oktoberfest in September - go figure).

My girls have an au pair from Sweden - who meets all the stereotypes (not sure how my ex-wife trusts her new bloke with her around). Any way she went to the London Oktoberfest in all the right gear, very skimpy lederhosen, blonde plaits etc (yes I do have pictures, courtesy of Daughter 1 Very Happy). Apparently she met some very nice professional rugby players.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:10 pm

COS was already a touch defensive when asked about Deano's comments
What was it that Deano said about COS or Quins?

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:14 pm

propdavid_london wrote:
He stated that there was now a Top3 with Quins now in the middle bunch scrapping for the 4th Play-off spot.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:14 pm

Tomkins for England?! No thanks.

Saying that, who else is there to play 13. Don't want JJ.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:17 pm

Cheers LT. I would actually go along with that statement for the present. Quins aren't looking a top4 team at the moment - Bath are probably looking much more competitive at 4 rounds.
But they are still in touch with the big 3 at the moment - and there is plenty of time for swings in momentum.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:20 pm

Sharks team for tomorrow:

Rob Miller, Phil McKenzie, Andy Forsyth, Jonny Leota, Mark Cueto, Danny Cipriani, Dwayne Peel, Eifion Lewis Roberts, Tommy Taylor, Vadim Cobilas, Jonathan Mills, Michael Paterson, Dan Braid (Captain), David Seymour, Mark Easter

Replacements Marc Jones, Ross Harrison, Henry Thomas, Kirill Kulemin, Andrei Ostrikov, Will Cliff, Joe Ford, Sammy Tuitupou

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:21 pm

Bath Rugby team to face Sale Sharks

15. Ollie Devoto
14. Semesa Rokoduguni
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Kyle Eastmond
11. Tom Biggs
10. George Ford
9. Peter Stringer
1. Paul James
2. Ross Batty
3. David Wilson
4. Stuart Hooper ( c )
5. Will Spencer
6. Matt Garvey
7. Guy Mercer
8. Leroy Houston

Replacements

16. Tom Dunn
17. Anthony Perenise
18. Kane Palma-Newport
19. Carl Fearns
20. Alafoti Fa'osiliva
21. Martin Roberts
22. Ben Williams
23. Gavin Henson

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:22 pm

BS

We signed Scott lawson pre season which i believe was to improve the lineout. Unfortunately he's been injured leaving us with last seasons hookers - Vickers and Thompson, neither of whom could hit a barn door.

We all knew this season was going to be tough...and its proving that. I believe Deano is targetting specific games...which i dont like but he is ultra professional. I believe this game is one of them and we will be going for the win.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by tooboredtowork Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:25 pm

Don't listen to him Geordie! I dare say you will cross the whitewash this weekend!!!!
I hope that the Warriors are really up for this one. Whereas you seem to be bemoaning your back-play and half-back decision making, our backs seem reasonable (not good......reasonable). We are having trouble securing and keeping the ball. Our discipline has been woeful, as ever.
This will be a hard and nervy game which I am struggling to call. If I had to: Heart says Wuss to edge it; the head says Falcons to edge it and really leave us with some worries, and wondering where on earth we can get a win from this year.

tooboredtowork

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:33 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

I am sure he went to the special one they had in London last month. (Oktoberfest in September - go figure).

My girls have an au pair from Sweden - who meets all the stereotypes (not sure how my ex-wife trusts her new bloke with her around). Any way she went to the London Oktoberfest in all the right gear, very skimpy lederhosen, blonde plaits etc (yes I do have pictures, courtesy of Daughter 1 Very Happy). Apparently she met some very nice professional rugby players.
Never mind the teams for this weekend, lets see the pictures!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:35 pm

Bathman_in_London wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

+1

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:37 pm

at home i cant see anything but a Falcons win, imagine it will be far from a game for the neutrals, with both sides being nervy and not wanting to lose.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:46 pm

Worcester are at home I thought

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 03 Oct 2013, 1:19 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Bathman_in_London wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

+1
+100

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 03 Oct 2013, 1:21 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
propdavid_london wrote:
He stated that there was now a Top3 with Quins now in the middle bunch scrapping for the 4th Play-off spot.
Becoming a bit of a WUM isn't he?! Can't wait for us to play Falcons and teach them a thing or two ( that they can take back to the championship) Whistle 

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next