The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup round 6

+19
superflyweight
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Stella
ChequeredJersey
The Womble
Dolphin Ziggler
The Boss
compelling and rich
Hero
Il Gialloblu
Galted
JuliusHMarx
TopHat24/7
bhb001
Union Cane
Rowley
Scottrf
Adam D
Mind the windows Tino.
23 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The best song ever with 3 or more words in the title.

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_lcap5%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_lcap5%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_lcap13%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 10 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_lcap1%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_lcap8%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_lcap9%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 7 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_lcap3%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_lcap9%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 7 ]
[ 7 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_lcap3%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_lcap0%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 76

Poll closed

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Empty The Culture Cup round 6

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 7 Oct - 21:17

First topic message reminder :

I said it would be Monday morning and, like my milkman, I always deliver.  So here is round 6 of quite possibly the most exciting tournament ever.  Before we move on to round 6 and the poll for 'The best song ever with 3 or more words in the title' lets have a look at what you could have won in round 5.

Round 5 saw the poll for 'Best piece of literature with a name in the title' and threw up some classic works of literature and no small measure of controversy with the 'missing' and 'reappearing' votes scandal throwing the integrity of the whole competition into doubt.  With the mystery still unsolved and the 'missing' votes no closer to being found, I have made the decision to move on, forget the past and continue the competition.  At least I am a man of extremely high integrity and moral fibre so we can proceed safe in the knowledge that the Culture Cup is still on the level.  I have my finest man (Wingrove) on the case to try and find out what happened but until then, lets move forward in peace.

Round 5 was an interesting one with the votes being split across the board resulting in many posters claiming a decent points haul.  Using my complicated results algorithm, you would have only needed to get 1 vote in this round to get 7 points.  Sot its bad luck to Union who received no votes, no points and has subsequently seen his already slim chance of winning almost certainly disappear for good.  What makes it worse it that he had some votes before 'votegate'.  Life can be so cruel.  Hero continues to be Mr Consistent and remains on top of the Christmas tree, just as a fairy should be.  Julius had a stunning reversal in fortune with his pick of Macbeth claiming top spot for this round.  A fair few posters picked up 10 points and at the half way point, the league is still within grasp for a fair few posters.  Here are the runners and riders;

Hero (A Streetcar Named Desire): (10) 46
compelling & rich (Schindler's List): (9): 42
seanmichaels (Oliver Twist): (9) 38
Adam (A Christmas Carol): (10) 37
Azzy (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes): (10) 33
onlytreblewinners (Frankenstein): (10) 32
TopHat (Romeo and Juliet): (10) 32
Galted (The World According to Garp): (7) 30
The Womble (Matilda): (10) 31
Rowley (The Picture of Dorian Grey): (10) 29
superflyweight (The Great Gatsby): (9) 29
Dolphin (Winnie the Pooh): (9) 26
The Boss (Gulliver's Travels): (10) 26
bhb (Hamlet): (7) 25
ChequeredJersey (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn): (8) 24
jbeadlesbigrighthand (Count of Monte Cristo): (8) 23
Julius ( Macbeth): (12) 22
Union (Horace) (0) 19

Round 7 is back to films and the question is this: Name the greatest film actor or actress born in the same year as you Best film originally released in the decade of your birth.  You can, of course, lie if you want to but I doubt any of you are that precious.  I will leave it up to your conscience but please PM a couple of choices.

Here is the poll for round 6 and remember, it is open for the whole forum to vote!

PLEASE ONLY VOTE FOR 2 NOMINATIONS
 I don't think it will survive another voting scandal.

PLEASE SEE EDITED QUESTION FOR THE NEXT ROUND

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Tue 8 Oct - 3:01; edited 2 times in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Culture Cup round 6

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 20 Nov - 21:23

Welcome back, Galted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Nov - 21:25

Thank you, Tino. And congratulations on closing up the Culture Cup, don't think that happened with any of the other cups.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 20 Nov - 21:28

Yeah, I was particularly proud of how it went, despite the obstacles thrown at me by certain people.

I am doing a music only cup in the New Year which I hope to wrap up within 8 months.

How was SA? Lots of fumbling around in the bush? Hi-Tec's last the pace?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Nov - 21:33

Left the Hi-Tecs at home, thought I'd buy more but was too hot to be @rsed to do anything.

Arthropods galore - rhino beetles, dung beetles, Galted-eating ants, f*****g huge millipedes. Thought about you often but in a massively gay way.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 20 Nov - 21:38

Galted wrote:Left the Hi-Tecs at home, thought I'd buy more but was too hot to be @rsed to do anything.

Arthropods galore - rhino beetles, dung beetles, Galted-eating ants, f*****g huge millipedes.  Thought about you often but in a massively gay way.
Do you mean not in a massively gay way? I'm assuming that's what you meant. Millipedes are vegetarians, its the centipedes you want to swerve.

Your Reykjavik thread was so popular that it split off in the end due to the volume of posts. It has now morphed into a 'what we had for lunch thread'.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Nov - 21:43

Yes. Yes. That's what I clearly meant. Discovered that dung beetles are a type of scarab beetle and that some scarab beetles make whining sounds when you pick them up. They're also good at landing on their backs. I'm now a mine of possibly incorrect beetle information.

Thanks for the lunch thread info, will join it as soon as I have a large chicken burrito.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 20 Nov - 21:46

Galted wrote:Left the Hi-Tecs at home, thought I'd buy more but was too hot to be @rsed to do anything.

Arthropods galore - rhino beetles, dung beetles, Galted-eating ants, f*****g huge millipedes.  Thought about you often but in a massively gay way.
Freudian slip of epic proportions. Book-marked.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 20 Nov - 21:49

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Freudian slip of epic proportions. Book-marked.
Yeah, he can try and back track all he wants but we know better.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Nov - 21:54

May have been Freudian but why the assumption that it was a slip? Arthropods have turned me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Nov - 22:30

Why am I being shunned? It's like reliving my 6th birthday party.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 20 Nov - 22:52

Galted wrote:Why am I being shunned?  It's like reliving my 6th birthday party.
I wouldn't say I am shunning you. Just don't really know how to react to your new found gayness.

I am happy for you that you're seeing the joys to be found in the arthropod world, but that world turning someone gay is not something I have encountered before.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Nov - 22:56

You should give it a go, it seems to have many benefits, tried something called a "cappucino" earlier (it's a bit similar to coffee), was thoroughly delicious. Going to watch a bit of Alan Carr and Graham Norton on Youtube later and see if I find them funny now.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 20 Nov - 22:58

Do gay people wear Gore-Tex?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Nov - 23:00

Not sure, have been wearing the Jack Wolfskin 3-in-1 with detachable hood and fleece. Will try on the Gore-Tex when I get home and see if I'm still gay.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Nov - 23:00

I know this is not the lunch thread but I have a dilemma. Forgot my wallet at home so have no money. However, on Monday I sold a Nintendo Wii to a girl in the office (hot) for £20. In a laissez-faire manner I told her to give it a whirl and then pay me when all is fine. It is now Wednesday and no £20. Just walked past her and nothing? And I'm starving...

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 20 Nov - 23:03

seanmichaels wrote:I know this is not the lunch thread but I have a dilemma. Forgot my wallet at home so have no money. However, on Monday I sold a Nintendo Wii to a girl in the office (hot) for £20. In a laissez-faire manner I told her to give it a whirl and then pay me when all is fine. It is now Wednesday and no £20. Just walked past her and nothing? And I'm starving...
You're not starving, you're just hungry.

Just ask her for the money you big blouse.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Nov - 23:06

seanmichaels wrote:I know this is not the lunch thread but I have a dilemma. Forgot my wallet at home so have no money. However, on Monday I sold a Nintendo Wii to a girl in the office (hot) for £20. In a laissez-faire manner I told her to give it a whirl and then pay me when all is fine. It is now Wednesday and no £20. Just walked past her and nothing? And I'm starving...
How much do your work mates hate you that none of them will lend you a fiver?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 20 Nov - 23:07

Rowley wrote:
You really need to ask?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Nov - 23:08

just googled jack wolfskin 3 in 1:

Spoiler:

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Nov - 23:08

Fair point Tina but I would lend Truss a fiver if he was hungry and he is Truss.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Nov - 23:09

Rowley wrote:
It is the other way round.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Nov - 23:09

You could grab something off the shelf at Pret and leg it. The staff are too busy asking people in the queues if they want a skinny latte to bother chasing you.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Nov - 23:11

Galted wrote:You could grab something off the shelf at Pret and leg it.  The staff are too busy asking people in the queues if they want a skinny latte to bother chasing you.
There is no pret in bracknell. They are rejoicing in the local rags that the new town centre redevelopment will have a primark.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 20 Nov - 23:16

I had two tuna mayonnaise sandwiches on granary.  Still having to break food up into small pieces so I am a bit limited.  Haven't eaten an apple for over a week.

Just about to eat a wagon wheel for dessert.  Need to break it up though so I am apprehensive about how much biscuit will fall on my desk.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Nov - 23:17

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:You could grab something off the shelf at Pret and leg it.  The staff are too busy asking people in the queues if they want a skinny latte to bother chasing you.
There is no pret in bracknell. They are rejoicing in the local rags that the new town centre redevelopment will have a primark.
Is there a Greggs?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Nov - 23:20

I had a large chicken burrito with chilli sauce. Disappointing, don't think the Polish chap who makes them was too impressed when I reminded him that I have aubergines instead of salsa.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Nov - 23:21

Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Is there a Greggs?
Yes.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Nov - 23:25

You could grab something off the shelf at Greggs and leg it. The staff are too busy being fat to bother chasing you.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 20 Nov - 23:27

Galted wrote:I reminded him that I have aubergines instead of salsa.
Is that a euphemism in the cottaging world?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 20 Nov - 23:28

Has anyone ever been to Reykjavik?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Nov - 23:29

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:I reminded him that I have aubergines instead of salsa.
Is that a euphemism in the cottaging world?
Not sure, still learning the ropes and haven't progressed as far as cottaging. I do a mean "oooooooooooooooohhhhh" though.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Nov - 23:30

JuliusHMarx wrote:Has anyone ever been to Reykjavik?
I haven't but I'm planning on going in February. Am thinking of starting a thread on it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Thu 21 Nov - 1:29

Rowley wrote:Fair point Tina but I would lend Truss a fiver if he was hungry and he is Truss.
Not sure a fiver would be enough.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Nov - 3:05

she paid her debt 10 mins before the canteen closed. no panini's or baguettes left so had to have the £2.56 ham cheese and coldslaw roll. Not bad but the contents were too chilled and played havoc with my fillings.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov - 3:06

You have to pay in your canteen?

Ours is free.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Nov - 3:16

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:You have to pay in your canteen?

Ours is free.
Not to the Democratic Republic of Congo it isn't.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov - 3:17

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:You have to pay in your canteen?

Ours is free.
Not to the Democratic Republic of Congo it isn't.
Very good.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Nov - 3:19

I remember the program. Do you have any dealings with Middle Earth? Those dwarfs had sh1t loads of gold just lying around in piles gathering dust.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov - 3:22

seanmichaels wrote:I remember the program. Do you have any dealings with Middle Earth? Those dwarfs had sh1t loads of gold just lying around in piles gathering dust.
No, Middle-Earth isn't a real place.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Nov - 3:24

I'm going to watch that gravity film tonight. My arse is already in pieces after a 2hr talk from the CEO and COO.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov - 3:26

seanmichaels wrote:I'm going to watch that gravity film tonight. My arse is already in pieces after a 2hr talk from the CEO and COO.
I want to watch that. I like sci-fi.

Let me know what its like.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Nov - 3:33

seanmichaels wrote:I'm going to watch that gravity film tonight. My arse is already in pieces after a 2hr talk from the CEO and COO.
I want to watch that.  I like sci-fi.

It pulls you in.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Nov - 3:58

I think it may be dark....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Nov - 3:59

I want to watch that.  I like sci-fi.

I will do a review for you tomorrow.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Nov - 19:44

Gravity.....

Pro's: Not a bad film. My first experience of 3D which is a bit wierd - I think people must have thought I was a div when tried to catch a teardrop that passed over my shoulder. Clooney is very good, Bullock good as well although it was only afterwards that I learned that it was her and not Julia Roberts. Nevertheless she looks hot in a pair of skimpy shorts and singlet. Special effects are pretty amazing.

Con's: Needed an Alien and I think there was an unnecessary, subliminal message from the God squad in there

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov - 19:58

Great OK review sean. Thanks.

I like aliens. I am almost certain they exist.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov - 20:02

Probability would suggest that they definitely do exist.

Wingrove made an alien trap out of a wheelie bin and superglue but so far he's only caught cats and squirrels.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Nov - 20:03

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Great OK review sean.  Thanks.

I like aliens.  I am almost certain they exist.
I was being considerate to others. Could have gone in to more detail but then would have had to put spoilers everywhere. Can't get Bullock's skimpy shorts / singlet combo out of my mind. She has one of those proper gaps between her legs (her inner thighs don't touch) where the smelly bridge is. Marvellous sight for someone her age.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov - 20:05

It's just a pity that the bottom part of her face is a man's.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov - 20:09

Galted wrote:It's just a pity that the bottom part of her face is a man's.
That must be deeply confusing for you given your recent revelation.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next