The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup round 6

+19
superflyweight
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Stella
ChequeredJersey
The Womble
Dolphin Ziggler
The Boss
compelling and rich
Hero
Il Gialloblu
Galted
JuliusHMarx
TopHat24/7
bhb001
Union Cane
Rowley
Scottrf
Adam D
Mind the windows Tino.
23 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The best song ever with 3 or more words in the title.

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_lcap5%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_lcap5%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_lcap13%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 10 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_lcap1%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_lcap8%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_lcap9%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 7 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_lcap3%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_lcap9%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 7 ]
[ 7 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_lcap3%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_lcap0%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 76

Poll closed

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Empty The Culture Cup round 6

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:17 am

First topic message reminder :

I said it would be Monday morning and, like my milkman, I always deliver.  So here is round 6 of quite possibly the most exciting tournament ever.  Before we move on to round 6 and the poll for 'The best song ever with 3 or more words in the title' lets have a look at what you could have won in round 5.

Round 5 saw the poll for 'Best piece of literature with a name in the title' and threw up some classic works of literature and no small measure of controversy with the 'missing' and 'reappearing' votes scandal throwing the integrity of the whole competition into doubt.  With the mystery still unsolved and the 'missing' votes no closer to being found, I have made the decision to move on, forget the past and continue the competition.  At least I am a man of extremely high integrity and moral fibre so we can proceed safe in the knowledge that the Culture Cup is still on the level.  I have my finest man (Wingrove) on the case to try and find out what happened but until then, lets move forward in peace.

Round 5 was an interesting one with the votes being split across the board resulting in many posters claiming a decent points haul.  Using my complicated results algorithm, you would have only needed to get 1 vote in this round to get 7 points.  Sot its bad luck to Union who received no votes, no points and has subsequently seen his already slim chance of winning almost certainly disappear for good.  What makes it worse it that he had some votes before 'votegate'.  Life can be so cruel.  Hero continues to be Mr Consistent and remains on top of the Christmas tree, just as a fairy should be.  Julius had a stunning reversal in fortune with his pick of Macbeth claiming top spot for this round.  A fair few posters picked up 10 points and at the half way point, the league is still within grasp for a fair few posters.  Here are the runners and riders;

Hero (A Streetcar Named Desire): (10) 46
compelling & rich (Schindler's List): (9): 42
seanmichaels (Oliver Twist): (9) 38
Adam (A Christmas Carol): (10) 37
Azzy (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes): (10) 33
onlytreblewinners (Frankenstein): (10) 32
TopHat (Romeo and Juliet): (10) 32
Galted (The World According to Garp): (7) 30
The Womble (Matilda): (10) 31
Rowley (The Picture of Dorian Grey): (10) 29
superflyweight (The Great Gatsby): (9) 29
Dolphin (Winnie the Pooh): (9) 26
The Boss (Gulliver's Travels): (10) 26
bhb (Hamlet): (7) 25
ChequeredJersey (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn): (8) 24
jbeadlesbigrighthand (Count of Monte Cristo): (8) 23
Julius ( Macbeth): (12) 22
Union (Horace) (0) 19

Round 7 is back to films and the question is this: Name the greatest film actor or actress born in the same year as you Best film originally released in the decade of your birth.  You can, of course, lie if you want to but I doubt any of you are that precious.  I will leave it up to your conscience but please PM a couple of choices.

Here is the poll for round 6 and remember, it is open for the whole forum to vote!

PLEASE ONLY VOTE FOR 2 NOMINATIONS
 I don't think it will survive another voting scandal.

PLEASE SEE EDITED QUESTION FOR THE NEXT ROUND

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Mon 07 Oct 2013, 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 13 Empty Re: The Culture Cup round 6

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:09 am

Galted wrote:It's just a pity that the bottom part of her face is a man's.
She has a shortish barnet in this. I like that on chicks though. Just google imaged it and realise she looks a bit like the russian chap Andrey Arshavin who played for arsenal:

Spoiler:

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:13 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
That must be deeply confusing for you given your recent revelation.

Forgot about that. I did my straight walk from London Bridge to Liverpool Street this morning and had a coffee in a normal size cup with no froth. Being gay is much harder work than I thought it would be.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:16 am

Galted wrote:
That must be deeply confusing for you given your recent revelation.

Forgot about that.  I did my straight walk from London Bridge to Liverpool Street this morning and had a coffee in a normal size cup with no froth.  Being gay is much harder work than I thought it would be.
I don't think you're gay, you just fancy me.

Lots of people do, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:21 am

Suspect it is the heady mix of the green on green combination and getting beat up by children, add in a tedious and seemingly inexhaustible enthusiasm for insects and who could resist.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:23 am

So you do as well then?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:23 am

You're too southern for my tastes.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:27 am

You may be right, Tino, your exemplary punctuation is quite arousing.

Have done a bit of gay research and don't fancy going to gym so I'm wondering if a gay lifestyle is really for me. I might try being straight during the morning and gay in the afternoons and see which I prefer.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:28 am

Rowley wrote:You're too southern for my tastes.
You don't get to accuse me of that anymore.

M*n-b*g

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:31 am

If it helps you any Glated my gay friends (both of them) seem generally a lot happier than me. However that is true of most people so I am not sure it will help you in making your decision.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:32 am

Rowley wrote:Glated
?

You're having a lot of trouble with your spelling these days.

Are you ok?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:35 am

Not really Tina, suspect I have repressed a lot of rage at feelings of life passing me by since I turned 40.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:37 am

Cheers, Rowley. "Glated" could be my gay name to avoid confusion.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:38 am

Rowley wrote:Not really Tina, suspect I have repressed a lot of rage at feelings of life passing me by since I turned 40.
Sorry to hear that. I am nowhere near 40 so I can't really empathise too much.

At least you still have your friends on here to support you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:43 am

Don’t really though do I. Suspect people only pretended to like me because of fear of the green badge. Since the demotion they don’t have to maintain the pretence.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:45 am

Rowley wrote:Don’t really though do I. Suspect people only pretended to like me because of fear of the green badge. Since the demotion they don’t have to maintain the pretence.
See at least I was honest and never pretended.

I am worried about you and Glated. You're having a mid-life crisis and he has turned gay.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:48 am

I'm having a worse crisis. Turns out that the Galted part of me is a bit of a homophobe and really has it in for Glated.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:53 am

Think I prefer Glated. Seems much more friendly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:55 am

The conflict is doing my head in, whenever Glated tries to whistle the Abba anthology Galted sings the Muppets theme and it's really getting on my f*****g nerves.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:58 am

I would stick with it Galted/Glated. I don’t particularly like either version of you but will pretend to like Glated to avoid any accusations of homophobia.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:00 am

Cheers, Rowley... I think?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:08 am

Galted wrote:Cheers, Rowley...  I think?
Does Glated have a Falafel instead of a chicken Burrito with chilli sauce and aubergine?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:11 am

Very good point michaels, lunch is going to be a nightmare. Glated quite fancies a Pina Colada and Galted would prefer a soggy chicken, leek and mushroom pie with chips.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:15 am

Galted wrote:Very good point michaels, lunch is going to be a nightmare.  Glated quite fancies a Pina Colada and Galted would prefer a soggy chicken, leek and mushroom pie with chips.
Thinking more deeply in to it, perhaps this is why you only eat chicken and have aubergine in a burrito. Perhaps the conflict has been there for a while.

Can you remind me of your jacket batata recipe by the way?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:29 am

It was for a jacket potato. Microwave for ten minutes, then crisp in a pre-heated oven. Scoop out the insides, insert camembert, replace insides, put back into oven. I have it with baby spinach leaves, olive oil, and sliced olives so maybe Glated has always existed and Galted was living in denial.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:03 am

Deal with that, Marx.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:06 am

Early days, Gayted.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:15 am

Galted wrote:It was for a jacket potato.  Microwave for ten minutes, then crisp in a pre-heated oven.  Scoop out the insides, insert camembert, replace insides, put back into oven.  I have it with baby spinach leaves, olive oil, and sliced olives so maybe Glated has always existed and Galted was living in denial.
Hmmm. Doesn't sound as nice as before.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:22 am

This was the original post - 10 minutes microwaving, 10 minutes oven cooking, insides scooped out, camembert inserted, insides replaced, 5 more minutes oven cooking then served with a healthy dose of foliage and olives.

My consistant use of "scoop" and "insert" is a bit disturbing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:25 am

The healthy dose of foliage and olives makes all the difference. I'm wondering whether a blue cheese or mozzarella with pancetta / chorizo may work better though.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:01 pm

Mozzarella would be a bit tasteless, a blue cheese is worth a try though.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:06 pm

Look what I found.

Spoiler:

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:09 pm

Sorry to drag the thread away from the intense discussion about the best song ever with three or more words in the title.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:12 pm

I can't decide whether to call you Galted, Glated or just steal Gayted from Julius.

Do you have a preference?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:16 pm

You can try to steal Gayted from me, but I think you'll find that he quite rightly wants to stay with me.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:18 pm

Hmm, might try being gay for a bit longer, this is the first time I've had anyone fighting over me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:19 pm

To answer your question though, don't have a preference as I'm not done experimenting yet. Will let you know in due course.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:20 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:You can try to steal Gayted from me, but I think you'll find that he quite rightly wants to stay with me.
Gayted wrote: Thought about you often but in a massively gay way.
I don't think so, Julius.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:24 pm

Quite a difficult decision to make.

Do I go for the delightful punnery and witticisms of Marx or the excellent punctuation and use of the quote function by Tino?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:26 pm

Galted wrote:Quite a difficult decision to make.

Do I go for the delightful punnery and witticisms of Marx or the excellent punctuation and use of the quote function by Tino?
Surely our mutual love of arthropods means I win?

Julius is very old as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:27 pm

Tino is the one who wrote "puppies" when it should have been "puppy's". Don't forget that. Never, ever forget that.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:30 pm

Galted wrote:Quite a difficult decision to make.

Surely our mutual love of arthropods means I win?

Julius is very old as well.
True but we have had our differences regarding arthropods, you didn't seem to keen on solifuges or stamping on millipedes.

I might just go for whoever has the most impressive moustache.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:31 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Tino is the one who wrote "puppies" when it should have been "puppy's". Don't forget that. Never, ever forget that.
Is this true, Tino?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:32 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Tino is the one who wrote "puppies" when it should have been "puppy's". Don't forget that. Never, ever forget that.
Is this true, Tino?
Yes.  Yes it is.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:36 pm

You think you know someone.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:41 pm

I have no evidence to support this but were they to attempt to grow a moustache I suspect Julius’ would be far the more lustrous and impressive. I see him with a full on peak Burt Reynolds affair, not sure Tina has that in his locker.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:48 pm

I imagine Julius having an elaborate, waxed handlebar moustache and Tino a scruffy yet endearing central-upper-lip bushlet.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:52 pm

Galted wrote:I imagine Julius having an elaborate, waxed handlebar moustache and Tino a scruffy yet endearing central-upper-lip bushlet.
Julius probably just pulls his ear hair round to form his moustache.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Nov 2013, 1:01 pm

I went for a Mo once. I looked like a paedo

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Nov 2013, 1:09 pm

Galted wrote:I imagine Julius having an elaborate, waxed handlebar moustache and Tino a scruffy yet endearing central-upper-lip bushlet.
Julius probably just pulls his ear hair round to form his moustache.
I tie it to my nostril hair, but only on one side, for a somewhat avant garde look.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Nov 2013, 2:05 pm

Gayted wrote:Thought about you often but in a massively gay way  
Gayted wrote:picard  looks a bit like a willy if you look at it from the side.  

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next