The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favourite/least liked live commentators

+5
Pr4wn
TM Moot
crazy_dave23
twelve283
Good Golly I'm Olly
9 posters

Go down

Your favourite/least liked live commentators Empty Your favourite/least liked live commentators

Post by skins4ever Tue 08 Oct 2013, 2:03 pm

I was listening to Simms the other day and basically I get sick of his voice and hick commentary in Madden, but he's just as bad live (mentioning 3 times "I don't like those pink flags" - its for charity for a few weeks bozo). Then I listened to Collinsworth and what a contrast. He's light without being trivial but insightful as an ex player that doesn't lean on his career achievements (which I think Aikman does quite a bit).

Who's your favourite/least liked and why? Free to include CFB but I don't watch much so can't comment.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Your favourite/least liked live commentators Empty Re: Your favourite/least liked live commentators

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 08 Oct 2013, 3:18 pm

Collinsworth is my fav too, I think he's really really good. Although he does blow smoke up some teams asses (like the Pats the other SNF, said players come in and there problems disappear and everyone was just like errrr Hernandez).

Joe Buck is a horrible horrible commentator. I'm not a great fan of the guy who does Thursday Night Football with Mike Mayock (god) either.

Carlson rules all though
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Your favourite/least liked live commentators Empty Re: Your favourite/least liked live commentators

Post by twelve283 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 5:56 pm

Olly wrote:Collinsworth is my fav too, I think he's really really good. Although he does blow smoke up some teams asses (like the Pats the other SNF, said players come in and there problems disappear and everyone was just like errrr Hernandez).

Joe Buck is a horrible horrible commentator. I'm not a great fan of the guy who does Thursday Night Football with Mike Mayock (god) either.

Carlson rules all though
The last Thursday Night Football I watched Brad Nessler was just awful.

For me Mike Mayock (can't understand why some don't like him) and Collinsworth are best.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:37 pm

I have to sit through Troy Aikman and Joe Buck week in week out with the Packers... there not that bad... certainly better than Nantz/Sims

I still dont think you can top Michaels and Collinsworth with a side of Carlson and Coombs

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:38 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote: I still dont think you can top Michaels and Collinsworth with a side of Carlson and Coombs
this thumbsup 

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:44 pm

Did anybody watch the C4 NFL this Sunday? Isn't Mark Hunter that rower dude just incredibly boring? Carlson and Coombs were trying to get something out of him, but my god he was dull.

Leave the two of them to it I say. Determined to get an #askmike before the season is out
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 9:26 pm

Yes Marc Hunter was not that inspiring... could only talk about the Niners

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 08 Oct 2013, 9:31 pm

Anthony McFarland was great on sky this week.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Tue 08 Oct 2013, 9:47 pm

Jon Gruden is the man. Love his enthusiasm for the game and he is always very knowledgeable.

I don't like Phil Simms either. Specifically, the way he says him (eem) gets right on my nerves.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 09 Oct 2013, 6:47 pm

I think Mike Mayock is best and quite like Gruden. Collinsworth is good but fails so much with factual errors

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Wed 16 Oct 2013, 10:00 am

I like the Moose and his team not sure who the main guy is, they have former player Tony Siragusa. Not a fan of Billick, he his ok
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 16 Oct 2013, 11:31 am

Leedscowboys wrote:I like the Moose and his team not sure who the main guy is, they have former player Tony Siragusa. Not a fan of Billick, he his ok
It's Moose and Kenny Albert.
They have been covering the Packers games whilst Joe Buck (and thus his partnership with Aikman) is off due to Baseball playoff commitments or something. I've actually quite enjoyed them for two games though Siragusa on the sidelines is a little weird as he just randomly pipes up unannounced.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 16 Oct 2013, 12:07 pm

I can't stand Siragusa. He offers absolutely nothing to the commentary except buffs and puffs due to being out of breath from standing up for too long.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Wed 16 Oct 2013, 9:08 pm

Pr4wn wrote:I can't stand Siragusa. He offers absolutely nothing to the commentary except buffs and puffs due to being out of breath from standing up for too long.
Laugh 

Anyone checked out the Shek report on NFL.com? He got Simms with another inanity. Smile 

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down