The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French fans reject the new c cup

+19
ME-109
mystiroakey
Biltong
Casartelli
Jenifer McLadyboy
broadlandboy
doctor_grey
Sin é
quinsforever
LeinsterFan4life
MunsterMac
SecretFly
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Standulstermen
Cyril
HammerofThunor
rosbif
bedfordwelsh
Intotouch
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

French fans reject the new c cup - Page 3 Empty French fans reject the new c cup

Post by Intotouch Tue 08 Oct 2013, 3:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/Le-rugby-francais-est-il-devenu-fou/407167

Equipe have a poll up on the new c cup. It asks "After 18 years of existence and increased popularity of this competition (h cup) do you think that this new project is detrimental for rugby?"

72% have voted yes, 28% no.
13,800 or so voted.

"Les clubs français et anglais menacent de créer une nouvelle Coupe d'Europe la saison prochaine. Sur fond de guerre entre Fédération anglaise et ERC, l’organisme qui gère les deux Coupes d’Europe, se profile une Rugby Champions Cup au profil encore flou, les Ecossais, Irlandais et Gallois n’ayant pas rejoint la fronde franco-anglaise.
Alors qu'après 18 ans d'existence la compétition a gagné en popularité, ce projet est-il préjudiciable pour le rugby ?"

Oui
72%

Non
28%

The phrasing of the question speaks volumes for the writers opinion, even so, this is a large majority against the idea of this new competition. The other polls are interesting too.

How keen will the LNR be to fight for a tournament that their fans don't embrace?

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

French fans reject the new c cup - Page 3 Empty Re: French fans reject the new c cup

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:34 pm

munchkin- As my alter ego posted the original statement i will let him answer.

Is that ok with you?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

French fans reject the new c cup - Page 3 Empty Re: French fans reject the new c cup

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:36 pm

Munchkin wrote:
quinsforever wrote:franglo clubs are threatening to create a new euro cup next season. against the background of a war between english federation (i think he actually means prl) and ERC, the body which manages euro cups, lurks a RCC short on detail, the scots, irish and welsh not having joined this anglo-french sling (this is a weapon used historically by mobs to smash windows!!!). So after 18 years of existence where the competition has grown in popularity, is this project bad for rugby?
It's interesting though, mystirquins, that it only mentions a battle between PRL, and ERC, and not PRL/LNR, and ERC?
actually it only mentions a battle between RFU and ERC. so i suspect that whoever wrote the qn has no clue. so i wouldnt read too much into it.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:38 pm

Down to two mins, he's got the second laptop out

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:39 pm

mystiroakey wrote:munchkin- As my alter ego posted the original statement i will let him answer.

Is that ok with you?
Of course it's ok, so long as yourself, and yourself, don't have a disagreement then there will be no confusion Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:41 pm

Munchkin wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:munchkin- As my alter ego posted the original statement i will let him answer.

Is that ok with you?
Of course it's ok, so long as yourself, and yourself, don't have a disagreement then there will be no confusion Very Happy 
luckily we haven't so far. But i am not ruling it out!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:41 pm

ME-109 wrote:Down to two mins, he's got the second laptop out
Funny now, but this will end in tears. Have you seen the end of that Anthony Hopkins film? Not good.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:42 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Is that ok with you?
Laugh  fair play.

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:43 pm

mystir, don't let them get your goat. i have seen this before. whenever anyone makes logical or rational comments that they hate, they adopt a chippy, snide tactic of accusing you of being the same person or an employee or a wummer.

they are just trying to get you to overreact.

i actually think its pretty funny.

must mean points were scored.

laughing 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:43 pm

Munchkin wrote:

Is that ok with you?
That would be very unseemly. 109 they've both been online simultaneously for a while so there must be two device deployed if your suspicions are correct.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:43 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Is that ok with you?
Maybe you could arrange to meet up for a pint?

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:44 pm

Anyone remember the old Tommy Cooper routine

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:47 pm

quinn I am out of here dude. You can have the late shift!

(my girlfriend wants her laptop back!!)

ghost

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:48 pm

have a good one. i'll stay here and argue with the inmates a bit longer Smile

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:50 pm

its a good night from me! And a good night from him

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Intotouch Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:50 pm

I started this to hopefully hear a bit more about the French reaction, fans and FFR and LNR. Does anyone have any more knowledge about this? Are the fans going to be completely ignored or are club owners there worried about people not supporting this competition?

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:51 pm

quinsforever wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
quinsforever wrote:franglo clubs are threatening to create a new euro cup next season. against the background of a war between english federation (i think he actually means prl) and ERC, the body which manages euro cups, lurks a RCC short on detail, the scots, irish and welsh not having joined this anglo-french sling (this is a weapon used historically by mobs to smash windows!!!). So after 18 years of existence where the competition has grown in popularity, is this project bad for rugby?
It's interesting though, mystirquins, that it only mentions a battle between PRL, and ERC, and not PRL/LNR, and ERC?
actually it only mentions a battle between RFU and ERC. so i suspect that whoever wrote the qn has no clue. so i wouldnt read too much into it.
AND if he pitches it as only the evil english causing the rupture, that's also much more likely to get the answer they want. simples.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:57 pm

Intotouch wrote:I started this to hopefully hear a bit more about the French reaction, fans and FFR and LNR. Does anyone have any more knowledge about this? Are the fans going to be completely ignored or are club owners there worried about people not supporting this competition?
Bet you didn't expect responses from a crazed ventriloquists dummy.

I shall respect the thread and also bow out (I'm going over to talk to, you know, girls and stuff).

BUT, now that mysti's girlfriend has her laptop back, if she also signs in and starts agreeing with him and quinsy, don't say I didn't warn you all.

Night.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:02 pm

quinsforever wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
AND if he pitches it as only the evil english causing the rupture, that's also much more likely to get the answer they want. simples.
I would agree with that in part, but more that the paper wants to put distance between the PRL, and LNR. The question begging being why? If they're simply playing to the readership, then they have already concluded that their readership is largely against the formation of a new competition at the expense of the existing one.

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:51 pm

Munchkin wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
I would agree with that in part, but more that the paper wants to put distance between the PRL, and LNR. The question begging being why? If they're simply playing to the readership, then they have already concluded that their readership is largely against the formation of a new competition at the expense of the existing one.
who knows? l'equipe is owned by Amaury Groupe, which also owns a bunch of other sports events (tour de france being the biggest) but they have no rugby interests as far as i can see. maybe they are tight with some of the blazers in FFR and this was to help put pressue on them from the fans side? i dont think it would work as the question was so slanted - when things like that are done they totally discredit the results in the eyes of the critics (LNR) who then have no problem ignoring said results.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 11:00 pm

Its now like watching one of those BBC tenuous links program. A possible link (not probable) between said paper and some unknown blazers in the FFR first of all. So then said paper decides to help the FFR by asking the fans a question on their thoughts regarding the new championship. Even better because quinny here thinks the question was slanted apparently then the LNR can ignore the result.

You couldn't make this Shiite up

oh hang on he just did...classically deranged

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 11:30 pm

ME-109 wrote:Its now like watching one of those BBC tenuous links program. A possible link (not probable) between said paper and some unknown blazers in the FFR first of all. So then said paper decides to help the FFR by asking the fans a question on their thoughts regarding the new championship. Even better because quinny here thinks the question was slanted apparently then the LNR can ignore the result.

probably best not to mix alcohol and this topic buddy. Rolling Eyes 

everyone who has expressed an opinion on it agrees the question was slanted. you dont?

after translating the question in full (you're welcome) munchkin asked me what might the motivation be for the survey. i said "who knows", shared some factual information about ownership of l'equipe and then proffered a possible link.

why are you having such a tantrum?

was it the fact i translated it?
was it the factual info regarding corporate ownership?
was it the suggestion in response to munchkins qn?

or are you just lashing out at anyone who you perceive as on the side of those who are going to change your heineken cup sweetheart deal? because its happening. get used to it.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 10 Oct 2013, 11:35 pm

It's hard to believe that the French fans reject a new European competition by more than 2 to 1, when teams like Biarritz field such a weakened sides as the one BO put out tonight. Are the French teams so out of touch with their fans that they don't care about disrespecting Europe so much?

Perhaps the P12 Unions could take a leaf out of the Biarritz book and field Academy sides in the RCC and still keep their Test players for the HEC? In that way the Unions get to keep the top players in their home teams for Test selection, and the clubs get their young players good experience in the RCC and dosh from both. Everyone's a winner step right up.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 11:56 pm

quinsforever wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Its now like watching one of those BBC tenuous links program. A possible link (not probable) between said paper and some unknown blazers in the FFR first of all. So then said paper decides to help the FFR by asking the fans a question on their thoughts regarding the new championship. Even better because quinny here thinks the question was slanted apparently then the LNR can ignore the result.

probably best not to mix alcohol and this topic buddy. Rolling Eyes 

everyone who has expressed an opinion on it agrees the question was slanted. you dont?

after translating the question in full (you're welcome) munchkin asked me what might the motivation be for the survey. i said "who knows", shared some factual information about ownership of l'equipe and then proffered a possible link.

why are you having such a tantrum?

was it the fact i translated it?
was it the factual info regarding corporate ownership?
was it the suggestion in response to munchkins qn?

or are you just lashing out at anyone who you perceive as on the side of those who are going to change your heineken cup sweetheart deal? because its happening. get used to it.
You know Qunny I will leave you to argue with yourself over it. You are doing such a good job...keep it up thumbsup 

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri 11 Oct 2013, 5:46 am

Top of the morning...
Who gives a flying feck about a l'equipe poll? Well apparently 606v2 posters do!
How can yall spend 3 pages debating something that is not even a proper poll in technical sort of way. Just random internet users clicking around while they eat their croissant and talk to their wife/mistress/boss/dog on the phone.
Discussions like that and the dross served by the AC yday makes me thing we should be better off with no european competition at all.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 11 Oct 2013, 1:05 pm

A poll has been conducted by 606v2 and your opinion has been voted down 4 to 1, whocares Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3