The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French fans reject the new c cup

+19
ME-109
mystiroakey
Biltong
Casartelli
Jenifer McLadyboy
broadlandboy
doctor_grey
Sin é
quinsforever
LeinsterFan4life
MunsterMac
SecretFly
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Standulstermen
Cyril
HammerofThunor
rosbif
bedfordwelsh
Intotouch
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

French fans reject the new c cup - Page 2 Empty French fans reject the new c cup

Post by Intotouch Tue 08 Oct 2013, 3:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/Le-rugby-francais-est-il-devenu-fou/407167

Equipe have a poll up on the new c cup. It asks "After 18 years of existence and increased popularity of this competition (h cup) do you think that this new project is detrimental for rugby?"

72% have voted yes, 28% no.
13,800 or so voted.

"Les clubs français et anglais menacent de créer une nouvelle Coupe d'Europe la saison prochaine. Sur fond de guerre entre Fédération anglaise et ERC, l’organisme qui gère les deux Coupes d’Europe, se profile une Rugby Champions Cup au profil encore flou, les Ecossais, Irlandais et Gallois n’ayant pas rejoint la fronde franco-anglaise.
Alors qu'après 18 ans d'existence la compétition a gagné en popularité, ce projet est-il préjudiciable pour le rugby ?"

Oui
72%

Non
28%

The phrasing of the question speaks volumes for the writers opinion, even so, this is a large majority against the idea of this new competition. The other polls are interesting too.

How keen will the LNR be to fight for a tournament that their fans don't embrace?

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

French fans reject the new c cup - Page 2 Empty Re: French fans reject the new c cup

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 6:50 pm

SecretFly wrote:
quinsforever wrote:

but just remember that EVERYONE has to qualify for all those international and international club competitions. and not all nations get teams into the champions league pool stage, there are several rounds of pre-qualification, and the level a nation's team goes in at depends on the "coefficient" attached to success of all the teams representing each league.
Going on my very limited knowledge of football, I'd assume you are right, quins.  In that pre-qualification means (and correct me on this if need be) that no declared quota of English sides has a God-given right to be in the pool stages?  And yet that's exactly what automatic 6 for English clubs and 6 for French clubs mean in HEC.  In the new understanding, going on PRL/LNR proposals, no longer would Any of the Pro12 nations have automatic places but French and English sides maintain their quota - regardless of quality.

Way back when this debate began, I casually said that if it is claimed that a truly meritocratic (all encompassing) European competition is needed then let's start at the very beginning and state that, to begin with, no Nation has any alloted number of entrants.  No 6 for England, no 3 for Ireland, no 2 for Scotland.  Then base your entrants on results based across all three leagues - no guarantee of number quota for any Nation.  Highest results (points, tries scored, bonus points etc) across all three Leagues would dictate the final participants. (I remember doing a study of what that would mean, taking the results of a few full years of the three leagues and I think I can remember that Top14 habitually had most qualifiers (more games obviously helped that! - we'd have to equalise that too Wink), and Aviva and Pro12 pretty much had equal numbers.  24 best sides in Europe.  Nothing less, nothing more.

That format would be truly revolutionary, it would mean all sides had a major incentive not just to perform in their own leagues, but also to perform well in relation to results coming in every weekend from the other Leagues.  The competition for HEC would be year long and HOT, not just when it comes to the specific European contest itself.  There then could be no excuses about players being protected or sides playing tag rugby in their league to protect themselves for HEC.  But also it would clear up the idea that some are more 'equal' than others - in that no league or Nation would retain their quotas in any new competition... All nations would work hard for every team entry.

If it is truly meritocratic then there should be no guarantees of 2 for Italy, 3 for Wales or 6 for France.
ok firstly .in regards to the CL the top 3 leagues do get 3 teams idirect into the pool stages. BUt that is based on a 'league' coefficient which can change(you dont need all this bs that is going on in rugby to change the system- it is worked out fairly and ongoing(like a ranking)

secondly yes - every single nation (immaterial of quality can effectively get into the CL)

these are two things that IMO MUST be factored in to a successful and long term ERC!

Thirdly yes you are right allocations has to be on leagues not unions. Its the only way to make the rabbo domestically competitive. and the only fair way. We also need pre qualifying to allow all other teams from all other leagues in europe the chance(as we do in the CL) to get in the top cup!

I am glad you are on the right wave length though. I was talking this all last night and i got shot down by the majority!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

French fans reject the new c cup - Page 2 Empty Re: French fans reject the new c cup

Post by Casartelli Thu 10 Oct 2013, 6:51 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
Casartelli wrote:You have to take soundbite/press release stuff from 'top guys in business' with a pinch of salt.

Craig is fond of mentioning to the media that he spent 'five seasons at Racing Metro' during the 80s, forgetting that Racing Metro weren't formed until 2001.

He wasn't even at Racing Club, he was at US Metro in the French old second division.  Probably in their 3rds most of the time.

US Metro were about the same standard as Lydney RFC back then.

I'm not saying that all successful 'business guys' are shameless liars, obviously.
Listen mate, I don't really trust any of these guys.  I believe it is important to take every media offering with a healthy dose of scepticism.  But you just did a service by encapsulating exactly why so much of this discussion has turned people off.  People here have quoted freely people who seem to verbalise their own points of view and then denigrate the quotes of people saying something else.  Clearly forgetting all these folks are in the same fetid bathwater and everyone's quotes publicised in the media are there for a specific purpose.  Therefore, they must be looked at with your pinch of salt, or a barf bag.  

My only point is the boy was involved with Rugby before and is not some come-lately who has money to throw around and knows nothing of our sport.  Sorry if I was not clear.
Totally agree with you Doc. My post was about Craig, not your good self.

This entire Euro/Franglo debate has caused more outrage and anger, based on (at this stage) absolutely no actual knowledge of what's going on, than anything I've seen in the world of online fora discussion to date.

One poster on here even had a bit of a breakdown over this today and has had to return under an alias (with all the same quotes and spelling errors etc!)

Entertaining though.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 6:56 pm

Casartelli wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
Casartelli wrote:You have to take soundbite/press release stuff from 'top guys in business' with a pinch of salt.

Craig is fond of mentioning to the media that he spent 'five seasons at Racing Metro' during the 80s, forgetting that Racing Metro weren't formed until 2001.

He wasn't even at Racing Club, he was at US Metro in the French old second division.  Probably in their 3rds most of the time.

I'm not saying that all successful 'business guys' are shameless liars, obviously.
Listen mate, I don't really trust any of these guys.  I believe it is important to take every media offering with a healthy dose of scepticism.  But you just did a service by encapsulating exactly why so much of this discussion has turned people off.  People here have quoted freely people who seem to verbalise their own points of view and then denigrate the quotes of people saying something else.  Clearly forgetting all these folks are in the same fetid bathwater and everyone's quotes publicised in the media are there for a specific purpose.  Therefore, they must be looked at with your pinch of salt, or a barf bag.  

My only point is the boy was involved with Rugby before and is not some come-lately who has money to throw around and knows nothing of our sport.  Sorry if I was not clear.
Totally agree with you Doc.  My post was about Craig, not your good self.

This entire Euro/Franglo debate has caused more outrage and anger, based on (at this stage) absolutely no actual knowledge of what's going on, than anything I've seen in the world of online fora discussion to date.

One poster on here even had a bit of a breakdown over this today and has had to return under an alias (with all the same quotes and spelling errors etc!)

Entertaining though.

Laugh 

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:11 pm

mystiroakey wrote:

I am glad you are on the right wave length though. I was talking this all last night and i got shot down by the majority!
I hope you know fully what my wavelength is though, mystir.  My wavelength states that no party comes to a table and states that in order to negotiate quotas, the basic requirement before negotiation begins is automatic 6 for French rugby, automatic 6 for English rugby and no guarantee for any of the Pro12 Nations.

The only way a Three League, Six Nation competition could work on a equal basis for fairness to both Unions and individual teams is for a competition that either maintains quota guarantees for all, or no guarantees for any.

If the PRL and LNR want a real change from the past then they should come with real change proposals.  Because right now the only thing they propose to change numbers wise is Pro12.  They don't even seem to think it relevant that in any negotiation their existing numbers should be challenged at all.

My wavelength involves killing this idea that some Nations in this projected European competition are more equal than others.  That's neither a meritocracy idea nor a legitimately fair one.

I still say a chance is there to make every single team across three leagues fight for a place in HEC... Every single team.  

But it seems that whenever I mention my idea people become quiet................. "hmmm, we don't want to contemplate only 4 (or maybe even 3 in a particularly bad year) English sides in the HEC.  That's not what we mean when we talk meritocracy."

It's what I mean though.  It's very much what I mean.. and what I want if compromise creates deals.  So maybe we're still not as close on wavelengths as at first might appear,mystir.  I want England worrying as much as Ireland or Wales about how many entrants it might have in any given year.  That's true meritocracy on a European basis.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:18 pm

i am not sure why you are directing any of this to me. All you are doing from my pov is just repeating a lot of what i stated yesterday!

as i stated then(feel free to look it up its all still there and time stamped) is that the 3 leagues will get quotas based on merit only, coefficients will have to be implemented and just like the CL this can change based on previous years performances in the european comps.. NO ONE GETS GUARANTEED SPOTS IN THE LONG RUN!

I dont agree that anything other than european coefficients are needed in allocation though. It has to only be based on that.  And we cannot give spots basded on unions only leagues.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:20 pm

SecretFly wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:

I hope you know fully what my wavelength is though, mystir.  My wavelength states that no party comes to a table and states that in order to negotiate quotas, the basic requirement before negotiation begins is automatic 6 for French rugby, automatic 6 for English rugby and no guarantee for any of the Pro12 Nations.

The only way a Three League, Six Nation competition could work on a equal basis for fairness to both Unions and individual teams is for a competition that either maintains quota guarantees for all, or no guarantees for any.

If the PRL and LNR want a real change from the past then they should come with real change proposals.  Because right now the only thing they propose to change numbers wise is Pro12.  They don't even seem to think it relevant that in any negotiation their existing numbers should be challenged at all.

My wavelength involves killing this idea that some Nations in this projected European competition are more equal than others.  That's neither a meritocracy idea nor a legitimately fair one.

I still say a chance is there to make every single team across three leagues fight for a place in HEC... Every single team.  

But it seems that whenever I mention my idea people become quiet................. "hmmm, we don't want to contemplate only 4 (or maybe even 3 in a particularly bad year) English sides in the HEC.  That's not what we mean when we talk meritocracy."

It's what I mean though.  It's very much what I mean.. and what I want if compromise creates deals.  So maybe we're still not as close on wavelengths as at first might appear,mystir.  I want England worrying as much as Ireland or Wales about how many entrants it might have in any given year.  That's true meritocracy on a European basis.
i would happily have all of this. no guarantees for anyone.

but the elephant in the corner in all this is the money. in the Champions League each nation's club organisation negotiates their own TV rights deals and the money is all pooled, but then it gets shared out NOT EQUALLY. it gets shared out according to a how much of the TV rights pot came from each country, and an aggressive performance based payout with money for wins and draws even in the group stage.

that is also a meritocratic allocation of the money (based on value brought into the competition and performance within it), but that would cause conniptions that might be measurable on the richter scale!

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:21 pm

The minute it goes into the hands of the leagues (in other words the private owners of the English and French clubs) and out of control of the Unions then good luck to Rugby.

But then that isn't going to happen, nor will it be allowed to happen.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:22 pm

mystiroakey wrote:i am not sure why you are directing any of this to me. All you are doing from my pov is just repeating a lot of what i stated yesterday!

as i stated then(feel free to look it up its all still there and time stamped) is that the 3 leagues will get quotas based on merit only, coefficients will have to be implemented and just like the CL this can change based on previous years performances in the european comps.. NO ONE GETS GUARANTEED SPOTS IN THE LONG RUN!

I dont agree that anything other than european coefficients are needed in allocation though. It has to only be based on that.  And we cannot give spots basded on unions only leagues.
To be fair to oakey he has been saying that no country should have guaranteed places quite a lot!

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:23 pm

prize money in CL:

Prize money[edit]

As of 2012–13, UEFA awards €2.1 million to each team in the play-off round. For reaching the group stage, UEFA awards a base fee of €8.6 million. A win in the group is awarded €1 million and a draw is worth €500,000. In addition, UEFA pays teams reaching the first knockout round €3.5 million, each quarter-finalist €3.9 million, €4.9 million for each semi-finalist, €6.5 million for the runners-up and €10.5 million for the winners.[54]
Playoffs: €2,100,000
Base fee for group stage: €8,600,000
Group match victory: €1,000,000
Group match draw: €500,000
Round of 16: €3,500,000
Quarter-finals: €3,900,000
Semi-finals: €4,900,000
Losing finalist: €6,500,000
Winning the Final: €10,500,000
A large part of the distributed revenue from the UEFA Champions League is linked to the "market pool", the distribution of which is determined by the value of the television market in each country. For the 2012–13 season, Juventus, who were eliminated on quarter-finals, earned nearly €65.3 million in total of which €20.5 million was prize money, compared with the €55.0 million earned by Bayern Munich, who won the tournament and was awarded with €35.9 million of prize money.[55]

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Totalflanker Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:24 pm

SecretFly wrote:
quinsforever wrote:

but just remember that EVERYONE has to qualify for all those international and international club competitions. and not all nations get teams into the champions league pool stage, there are several rounds of pre-qualification, and the level a nation's team goes in at depends on the "coefficient" attached to success of all the teams representing each league.
Going on my very limited knowledge of football, I'd assume you are right, quins.  In that pre-qualification means (and correct me on this if need be) that no declared quota of English sides has a God-given right to be in the pool stages?  And yet that's exactly what automatic 6 for English clubs and 6 for French clubs mean in HEC.  In the new understanding, going on PRL/LNR proposals, no longer would Any of the Pro12 nations have automatic places but French and English sides maintain their quota - regardless of quality.

Way back when this debate began, I casually said that if it is claimed that a truly meritocratic (all encompassing) European competition is needed then let's start at the very beginning and state that, to begin with, no Nation has any alloted number of entrants.  No 6 for England, no 3 for Ireland, no 2 for Scotland.  Then base your entrants on results based across all three leagues - no guarantee of number quota for any Nation.  Highest results (points, tries scored, bonus points etc) across all three Leagues would dictate the final participants. (I remember doing a study of what that would mean, taking the results of a few full years of the three leagues and I think I can remember that Top14 habitually had most qualifiers (more games obviously helped that! - we'd have to equalise that too Wink), and Aviva and Pro12 pretty much had equal numbers.  24 best sides in Europe.  Nothing less, nothing more.

That format would be truly revolutionary, it would mean all sides had a major incentive not just to perform in their own leagues, but also to perform well in relation to results coming in every weekend from the other Leagues.  The competition for HEC would be year long and HOT, not just when it comes to the specific European contest itself.  There then could be no excuses about players being protected or sides playing tag rugby in their league to protect themselves for HEC.  But also it would clear up the idea that some are more 'equal' than others - in that no league or Nation would retain their quotas in any new competition... All nations would work hard for every team entry.

If it is truly meritocratic then there should be no guarantees of 2 for Italy, 3 for Wales or 6 for France.
+1

Totalflanker

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:27 pm

ME-109 wrote:The minute it goes into the hands of the leagues (in other words the private owners of the English and French clubs) and out of control of the Unions then good luck to Rugby.

here we go again, it's the hysterical brigade...

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:29 pm

quinsforever wrote:
ME-109 wrote:The minute it goes into the hands of the leagues (in other words the private owners of the English and French clubs) and out of control of the Unions then good luck to Rugby.

Tell me in terms of your pointless post about wendyball prize money can you tell me what the penalty should be for a team faking a blood injury Cool 

Look mate if you want football go watch football...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:30 pm

quinsforever wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:

i would happily have all of this. no guarantees for anyone.

but the elephant in the corner in all this is the money. in the Champions League each nation's club organisation negotiates their own TV rights deals and the money is all pooled, but then it gets shared out NOT EQUALLY. it gets shared out according to a how much of the TV rights pot came from each country, and an aggressive performance based payout with money for wins and draws even in the group stage.

that is also a meritocratic allocation of the money (based on value brought into the competition and performance within it), but that would cause conniptions that might be measurable on the richter scale!
sadly money can only be dealt by the ones that deserve to be benefitted and they should all have the right(free economy) to get whatever TV or sponsorship deal they can!

otherwise we have a communist sporting league.

The only thing an association should do is to make things the fairest, best and highest quality. Money - they can't get involved in , it just messes things up- That is a sad state of life but the only way to have a fully metricrtic/democratic/free economy system.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:37 pm

ME-109 wrote:
quinsforever wrote:

Tell me in terms of your pointless post about wendyball prize money can you tell me what the penalty should be for a team faking a blood injury Cool 

Look mate if you want football go watch football...
my bad, should have known better than to contribute any facts. all they do is get in the way of expressing asinine opinions.

what smart adults do is they try to look at examples everywhere of anything that might help improve rugby for the better. and given that the champions league is an extremely successful and popular competition, thats a pretty good place to get some ideas.

what children do is pout, stick their fingers in their ears and try to shout down everyone so they dont have to listen.

fwiw i have zero interest in football.

but i am interested in how to improve english rugby and english club rugby.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:51 pm

I am glad you are clear in that you are interested in English club rugby...at least you are not being naïve or ignorant. This is clearly a power grab by PRL with the French along for the ride (kind of - at least until things get serious).

The fact its a power grab in both monetary and control terms should also mean that your rather childish arguments concerning money etc are both silly and simple (very simple) in terms of what the actual outcome should be. The arguments have been heard before, you have no doubt repeated them ad naseum on here and down the Dog and Duck. Why not let the adults sort it out (well at least one set of adults anyhow)...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:00 pm

do you believe its about a power/control move or just posturing for a fairer allocation..and that sadly this was the only way it could be brought to the table.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:03 pm

ME-109 wrote:I am glad you are clear in that you are interested in English club rugby...at least you are not being naïve or ignorant. This is clearly a power grab by PRL with the French along for the ride (kind of - at least until things get serious).

The fact its a power grab in both monetary and control terms should also mean that your rather childish arguments concerning money etc are both silly and simple (very simple) in terms of what the actual outcome should be. The arguments have been heard before, you have no doubt repeated them ad naseum on here and down the Dog and Duck. Why not let the adults sort it out (well at least one set of adults anyhow)...
laughing 

football is actually much more relevant than you might think. remember RFU CEO Ian Ritchie?...he was on the board of the football league for 7 years, and spent most if his career in TV. if anyone can see the PRL's point on the TV value of the english clubs and audience it's him. and if PRL become financially stronger AND strike a good deal with RFU on player release/academies/training etc, then English rugby is going to blossom.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:10 pm

............... is England (football) blossoming though?  Aren't they saying they now need to copy rugby in allowing 'foreign' players to play International, as the current Premier system seems to have drained all hemoglobin from the National game - ever since highly paid foreigners (both players and owners) have taken over the Premiership show?

Premiership football is a good model for PRL clubs...not necessarily a good one for England International Rugby.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:14 pm

Casartelli wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:

Totally agree with you Doc.  My post was about Craig, not your good self.

Entertaining though.
ah i get it. you think i am mystir? because we both understand about coeffecients?

for the record i would just like to say that i am not mystir and neither is he me.

there. glad thats cleared up.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:16 pm

mystiroakey wrote:do you believe its about a power/control move or just posturing for a fairer allocation..and that sadly this was the only way it could be brought to the table.
If it was only to do with Money there would have been other ways to bring this to the table as has been done in the past. It is naïve to think this is only about Money and if for example the PRL get their way the next thing would be the international scene and so on. These are private individuals much like Football clubs that want to control the future of the game for monetary reasons only and to maximise their returns. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. However if you want limitation of the European competition. Money moving to the "big" clubs like football and ultimately the same teams winning everything or in the same positions every year (like football in most of Europe). Lack of development of nations like Italy and ultimately the demise of international rugby to a secondary role then fine go with it. But that is ultimately what will happen here. Anyone who thinks otherwise (hint - the blood substitute) is fooling themselves.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:18 pm

Yes the english league league is blossoming and a great export to the Uk.

The england football team may not on the surface be doing very well. But we are still ok and based on the amount of competition its not to bad.

However the export of the this established club game is not just healthy for the country but also the SPORT and the Global game.

Last edited by mystiroakey on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:20 pm

Quins

Castelli is clearly a wum(i thought exactly the same as you did- i just couldn't be bothered to bring it up dude). i think its time to just ignore him tbh!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:24 pm

SecretFly wrote:............... is England (football) blossoming though?  Aren't they saying they now need to copy rugby in allowing 'foreign' players to play International, as the current Premier system seems to have drained all hemoglobin from the National game - ever since highly paid foreigners (both players and owners) have taken over the Premiership show?

Premiership football is a good model for PRL clubs...not necessarily a good one for England International Rugby.
good points.

there is good and bad in everything. like the dude says in happy gilmore, take the good, block the bad.

chamions league is a great tournament. football clubs are not a financial good model for rugby clubs. and the english national team is okay, but always seem to underperform expectations (does that just mean unrealistic expectations? dunno and dont care really. i grew up playing both and now cant bear to watch football).

how would i run things if i were Ian Ritchie? Try to get the clubs and professional league as financially healthy as possible (salary caps and other devices to aid profitability and ensure competitiveness). try to maximise the tv rights of competitions with english clubs and national team in. get the club sides to commit financially and staffwise to a great development programme of talented youngsters (or some really good PI scouts - cheeky!). lots of really interesting things could be done.

after all, if england have national team success in RWC that is clearly going to make more money for PRL teams (attendance/TV rights/merchandising etc), so its in the interests of both to work together.

and its going to happen now they have someone sensible at the top.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:32 pm

ME-109 wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:do you believe its about a power/control move or just posturing for a fairer allocation..and that sadly this was the only way it could be brought to the table.
If it was only to do with Money there would have been other ways to bring this to the table as has been done in the past. It is naïve to think this is only about Money and if for example the PRL get their way the next thing would be the international scene and so on. These are private individuals much like Football clubs that want to control the future of the game for monetary reasons only and to maximise their returns. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. However if you want limitation of the European competition. Money moving to the "big" clubs like football and ultimately the same teams winning everything or in the same positions every year (like football in most of Europe). Lack of development of nations like Italy and ultimately the demise of international rugby to a secondary role then fine go with it. But that is ultimately what will happen here. Anyone who thinks otherwise (hint - the blood substitute) is fooling themselves.
laughing picard 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:36 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Quins

Castelli is clearly a wum(i thought exactly the same as you did- i just couldn't be bothered to bring it up dude). i think its time to just ignore him tbh!
Its turning into a scene from "A Beautiful Mind" in here.....French fans reject the new c cup - Page 2 3933776953 French fans reject the new c cup - Page 2 1347041234 

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:42 pm

And now for a little sewing up on the latest topics and thoughts.

As it stands, Irish papers have as much coverage in their back pages for English premiership football as any English papers themselves.  Irish fans travel in their hundreds if not thousands at weekends to watch 'their' Premiership sides (Manchester, Liverpool, Sunderland etc etc).  Our (yeah, useless) International team comes from players who have either drifted to England or were born there.  Usually not good enough to actually play in the Premiership itself (given all the Latin and African exotic players already doing the business) but still considered better than our League of Ireland guys (I'm not so certain about that at all).

That's a model of what Rugby Union could become not for England but for Ireland if the PRL get all their presents without a fight back.  That's certainly not a model for me- either clubwise or International. That's a result I'd certainly fight long and hard to stifle. I want to follow Irish sides, filled with mostly Irish players who then go on to play in International on Irish teams.

So maybe it's true - we can more seriously appreciate each others views (positive and negative) by analysing the Premiership football blueprint. It makes some people happy, it presents a desert wasteland to others.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:45 pm

SecretFly wrote:And now for a little sewing up on the latest topics and thoughts.

As it stands, Irish papers have as much coverage in their back pages for English premiership football as any English papers themselves.  Irish fans travel in their hundreds if not thousands at weekends to watch 'their' Premiership sides (Manchester, Liverpool, Sunderland etc etc).  Our (yeah, useless) International team comes from players who have either drifted to England or were born there.  Usually not good enough to actually play in the Premiership itself (given all the Latin and African exotic players already doing the business) but still considered better than our League of Ireland guys (I'm not so certain about that at all).

That's a model of what Rugby Union could become not for England but for Ireland if the PRL get all their presents without a fight back.  That's certainly not a model for me- either clubwise or International.  That's a result I'd certainly fight long and hard to stifle.  I want to follow Irish sides, filled with mostly Irish players who then go on to play in International on Irish teams.

So maybe it's true - we can more seriously appreciate each others views (positive and negative) by analysing the Premiership football blueprint.  It makes some people happy, it presents a desert wasteland to others.

Or maybe its just a pointless topic...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:45 pm

ME-109 wrote:

Its turning into a scene from "A Beautiful Mind" in here.....French fans reject the new c cup - Page 2 3933776953 French fans reject the new c cup - Page 2 1347041234 

Laugh 

It's more like that creepy Anthony Hopkins film with the ventriloquist dummy. mysti has recreated himself as 'quinsy'.

It would be funny, but I'm actually a little worried about him. Mods!

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:46 pm

ME-109 wrote:

Nah, I made some clear points Wink Nobody may like'em but they're points nonetheless.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:48 pm

You are calling out the mods,

you do realise that what you are doing is against the house rules right!

So yes mods- deal with this idiot . Ta.

I doubt any sane poster believes i have a sock puppet or that I ever have, but just for the record- No i dont and never have and never will.

Carstelli you have a paranoia issue- therefore if i was you I would worry about yourself

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:55 pm

Casartelli wrote:
ME-109 wrote:

Laugh 

It's more like that creepy Anthony Hopkins film with the ventriloquist dummy.  mysti has recreated himself as 'quinsy'.

hard (for you) to imagine that there might be 2 people who i) know what a coefficient is and ii) have a similar opinion on attempting to break open the closed shop that is the ERC.

I look forward to a Franglo dominated european competition, and i also look forward at the same time to england and france (they need to get union and clubs pulling in same direction first) ultimately dominating international rugby once the money allows serious development of home talent. And i also look forward to seeing other countries brought into the game and more competitive group stages at RWC.

nothing about those things i look forwards to involves the death of international rugby, in fact quite the opposite.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:56 pm

The mods have arrived!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CHvWky08Fkg/TUiMS_AjflI/AAAAAAAAAAk/RmjxqZWJh-s/s400/Mods.jpg

Look more like a bunch who might start a fight rather than try to end one.  

You're ok guys.  We don't need you afterall...... Whistle

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:58 pm

SecretFly wrote:
ME-109 wrote:

Nah, I made some clear points Wink Nobody may like'em but they're points nonetheless.
Certainly not pointless. Rather important really. I can't help thinking that in amongst all the vitriol and angst there is a convergence of views and that magically a compromise, on here at least, looks possible. We seem to have gone from completely entrenched positions to finding some sort of mutually acceptable position - well for some posters at least...

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:58 pm

SecretFly wrote:The mods have arrived!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CHvWky08Fkg/TUiMS_AjflI/AAAAAAAAAAk/RmjxqZWJh-s/s400/Mods.jpg

Laugh Laugh Laugh Cool 

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:59 pm

Laugh 

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:01 pm

Sale are beating a poor Biarritz 26-3 BTW...

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:01 pm

you made good points in your post above SF.

look, i actually think that what you fear wont happen because everyone has seen what happened in football. and rugby just is a much smaller fish.

but that doesnt mean things can stay the same. the "agreement" Very Happy between clubs and unions in HC is broken. we need a new one.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:15 pm

Anyway- back on topic!!

Its all well and good posting and debating the french phasing of the question- But I am lazy, couldn't you TRANSLATE IT!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Totalflanker Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:18 pm

quinsforever wrote:
Casartelli wrote:
ME-109 wrote:

Laugh 

It's more like that creepy Anthony Hopkins film with the ventriloquist dummy.  mysti has recreated himself as 'quinsy'.

hard (for you) to imagine that there might be 2 people who i) know what a coefficient is and ii) have a similar opinion on attempting to break open the closed shop that is the ERC.

I look forward to a Franglo dominated european competition, and i also look forward at the same time to england and france (they need to get union and clubs pulling in same direction first) ultimately dominating international rugby once the money allows serious development of home talent. And i also look forward to seeing other countries brought into the game and more competitive group stages at RWC.

nothing about those things i look forwards to involves the death of international rugby, in fact quite the opposite.

Get it all your own way on the club game and you think there won't be an impact on 6 nations? - remember you will have put 4 if not 5 depending on how the ffr go, union noses out of joint (potentially 6 if you hold the RFU to ransom just so there are no waves for the world cup). Put the unions' noses out of joint and the IRB follow - no refs, no international qualified players, etc. Compromise is the only way.

Its taken too long for the other stakeholders to come to that conclusion, but think they are there now and hopefully willing for constructive discussions.

Totalflanker

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:20 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Anyway- back on topic!!

Its all well and good posting and debating the french phasing of the question- But I am lazy, couldn't you TRANSLATE IT!!
That's pretty poor logging in and out...in terms of timing....

Anyhow here is a translation for you....

What do you think of the proposed new rugby championship....

French Fans.... furious 

Whistle 

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:21 pm

Bing translate says:

The French and English clubs threaten to create a new European Cup next season. On bottom of war between English Federation and ERC, the body that runs the two European cups, lurks a Rugby Champions Cup yet blurred profile, the Scottish, Irish and Welsh who have not joined the Anglo-French Sling.
While after 18 years of existence the competition has grown in popularity, is this project detrimental to the rugby?"

Got that?

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:22 pm

Translation

The big bad wolf is coming to steal our children. Do you think this is a good idea?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:25 pm

"The French and English clubs threaten to create Europe next season a new Cup. Against the backdrop of war between English and ERC Federation, the organization that manages the two European Cups, a looming Rugby Champions Cup profile still unclear, Scots, Irish and Welsh have not joined the Anglo-French revolt.
So after 18 years of existence the competition has grown in popularity, this project is it harmful for rugby"

google translation.

different to the bing one then

on bottom = against!!

body = organisation

the internet sucks still

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:27 pm

Translation...

Do you really want to have just obnoxious English Rugby supporters eventually turning into your typical football supporter, drinking and puking all over your beautiful towns and harassing people...

French people.... furious 

Same outcome see

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:28 pm

I refuse to speak French or Translate it until English speaking chefs say Sauce rather than Au Jus.
You can buy a nice meal with sauce and you might get away with 10 bucks.  Buy one au jus and it's 70 bucks with a 15 percent service charge!

It's sauce!!!!!!!!!

Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:28 pm

ME-109 wrote:Translation...

Do you really want to have just obnoxious English Rugby supporters eventually turning into your typical football supporter, drinking and puking all over your beautiful towns and harassing people...

French people.... furious 

Same outcome see
Shocked 

Blimey 109...

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:28 pm

franglo clubs are threatening to create a new euro cup next season. against the background of a war between english federation (i think he actually means prl) and ERC, the body which manages euro cups, lurks a RCC short on detail, the scots, irish and welsh not having joined this anglo-french sling (this is a weapon used historically by mobs to smash windows!!!). So after 18 years of existence where the competition has grown in popularity, is this project bad for rugby?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:31 pm

mystiroakey wrote:"The French and English clubs threaten to create Europe next season a new Cup. Against the backdrop of war between English and ERC Federation, the organization that manages the two European Cups, a looming Rugby Champions Cup profile still unclear, Scots, Irish and Welsh have not joined the Anglo-French revolt.
So after 18 years of existence the competition has grown in popularity, this project is it harmful for rugby"

google translation.

different to the bing one then

on bottom = against!!

body = organisation

the internet sucks still
Google did a better job...

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:33 pm

quinsforever wrote:franglo clubs are threatening to create a new euro cup next season. against the background of a war between english federation (i think he actually means prl) and ERC, the body which manages euro cups, lurks a RCC short on detail, the scots, irish and welsh not having joined this anglo-french sling (this is a weapon used historically by mobs to smash windows!!!). So after 18 years of existence where the competition has grown in popularity, is this project bad for rugby?
It's interesting though, mystirquins, that it only mentions a battle between PRL, and ERC, and not PRL/LNR, and ERC?

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:33 pm

quinsforever wrote:franglo clubs are threatening to create a new euro cup next season. against the background of a war between english federation (i think he actually means prl) and ERC, the body which manages euro cups, lurks a RCC short on detail, the scots, irish and welsh not having joined this anglo-french sling (this is a weapon used historically by mobs to smash windows!!!). So after 18 years of existence where the competition has grown in popularity, is this project bad for rugby?
This is even better...he is answering his own question....you must be able to do 80 words a minute logging in and out. Can just see it now some poor sod knackered from all the running around...Laugh 

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next