The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lux said the RFU had promised him it would not support a new tournament

+30
Casartelli
Pete330v2
munkian
SecretFly
St John The Enforcer
Irish Londoner
Biltong
BigTrevsbigmac
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
markb
mystiroakey
asoreleftshoulder
LordDowlais
Toohey
lostinwales
broadlandboy
beshocked
TrailApe
VietGwentRevisited
TJ
The Saint
nathan
geoff998rugby
nth
Dubbelyew L Overate
doctor_grey
Standulstermen
geoff999rugby
wayne
maestegmafia
34 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Lux said the RFU had promised him it would not support a new tournament - Page 6 Empty Lux said the RFU had promised him it would not support a new tournament

Post by maestegmafia Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Jean Pierre Lux says the RFU will not support a new tournament.

"I went to a meeting last week where the chief executive of the RFU Ian Ritchie and the president Bill Beaumont clearly said they had told their clubs there would be no new competition. All the federations hope that ERC continues to run the [European] competitions."

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/sep/17/heineken-cup-rugby-union-world-cup

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Lux said the RFU had promised him it would not support a new tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: Lux said the RFU had promised him it would not support a new tournament

Post by lostinwales Thu 10 Oct 2013, 4:10 pm

There would have been a time for such a word.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Lux said the RFU had promised him it would not support a new tournament - Page 6 Empty Re: Lux said the RFU had promised him it would not support a new tournament

Post by SecretFly Thu 10 Oct 2013, 4:19 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:I think the off-subject arguing that's going on in this thread is just one big old metaphor for the wrangling between clubs/regions and unions etc. Meaningless and all leading to nothing after which it'll be business as usual.
Meaningless but...............................fun?  
Nobody who pops in here for their ten cents worth of opinion on the big HEC battle is here because they don't want to be.  Nobody is here because they've been dragged here kicking and screaming (well, most of us didn't come in that way..  Whistle  )

People mistake all kinds of emotions (anger, bitterness, sniping, bellyaching, sneering, laughing etc) People mistake them as a myriad of emotions brought to one debate.  No they aren't.  They combine easily as one emotion...enjoyment.  People like debating issues...and people here like rugby, so we connect both on 606 and enjoy the journey.

Every emotion on these pages is mirrored at games themselves.  Anger, happiness, mischief, slagging, backbiting, snarling.

It's all the one emotion really - Love heartHugYahoo*sickbag* Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 4:28 pm

This thread was always going to be a forum for grievance baring as it was started by who it was started by, with a link to a 3 week old newpaper article which referenced an even older quote from JP Lux. The whole thread was started with the express purpose of winding people up.

the reality is, who cares what Beaumont et al are alleged to have said to Lux in private then.

a lot has happened since.

so the rfu have probably just changed their minds.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 4:29 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:I think the off-subject arguing that's going on in this thread is just one big old metaphor for the wrangling between clubs/regions and unions etc. Meaningless and all leading to nothing after which it'll be business as usual.
Meaningless but...............................fun?  
Nobody who pops in here for their ten cents worth of opinion on the big HEC battle is here because they don't want to be.  Nobody is here because they've been dragged here kicking and screaming (well, most of us didn't come in that way..  Whistle  )

People mistake all kinds of emotions (anger, bitterness, sniping, bellyaching, sneering, laughing etc) People mistake them as a myriad of emotions brought to one debate.  No they aren't.  They combine easily as one emotion...enjoyment.  People like debating issues...and people here like rugby, so we connect both on 606 and enjoy the journey.

Every emotion on these pages is mirrored at games themselves.  Anger, happiness, mischief, slagging, backbiting, snarling.

It's all the one emotion really - Love heartHugYahoo*sickbag* Wink
that would be our second agreement of the day SF❤ 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 4:40 pm

we'd better get all the group hugs out of the way before Maes and TJ log on.kiss 

cos then it'll be:boxing: furious Rolling Eyes vomit warning 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Thu 10 Oct 2013, 4:46 pm

quinsforever wrote:we'd better get all the group hugs out of the way before Maes and TJ log on.kiss 

Laugh 

You've learned a lot on your first day here quins!

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 4:50 pm

have been watching for a while. had to learn how to meditate and become zen  before i could trust myself to actually join this particular debacle oops i mean debate.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 4:51 pm

Recwatcher wrote:The RFU used to do this all the time - now it appears under Ritchie they dont state anything and if they do, only from him.
This is good, no?

Ritchie = boss
Everyone else = tait toi.
Someone speaks = gelding
Second offense = Tyburn Hill

There is an old Proverb I just made up:
The genius, Sir Doctor Greyson wrote: If one does not watch his tongue, it might get cut off when it is used but not watched.
I like that. I am awesome.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 5:21 pm

Third offence, last words when stood at the gallows -"The PRL are the future!!" The body is sent to Dublin and the Lux, who empties any pockets of any coins and just dumps the body in the Liffy.

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:00 pm

quinsforever wrote:we'd better get all the group hugs out of the way before Maes and TJ log on.kiss 

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I want a hug :-(

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:04 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Biltong wrote:Gentlemen, we have received numerous reports on this thread.

It is really simple.

You either calm down, debate in a positive manner, or we close the thread.

Let's leave the accusations, name calling and other unsavoury comments out of the debate.
Reports from whom?  People offended by comments made here or people offended by those claiming to be offended?

I've seen more robust debates on staid and very prim and proper BBC Newsnight.  It gets tiresome as language is increasingly set-upon by a select few in society who increasingly and willfully confuse 'offensive material' with plain, simple (and democratically essential) opposing views.
Jeepers - I have had a slagging on here including some insults but NOTHING worth reporting

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:09 pm

TJ wrote:

TJ - I don't agree with much of what you say but then this forum would be no fun if we all agreed would it?

Hug 

There you go!

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:10 pm

Ta. :feels warm:

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:10 pm

Hug 
stub wrote:
TJ wrote:

TJ - I don't agree with much of what you say but then this forum would be no fun if we all agreed would it?

Hug 

There you go!
Hug 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:11 pm

TJ - You're welcome!

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6