The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup round 8

+15
The Boss
superflyweight
Union Cane
Scottrf
Dolphin Ziggler
Hero
bhb001
JuliusHMarx
The Womble
Rowley
Roller_Coaster
seanmichaels
Galted
Adam D
Mind the windows Tino.
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Best ever documentary

The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_lcap17%The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 12 ]
The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 7 ]
The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 72

The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Empty The Culture Cup round 8

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Next up on the seemingly endless and woefully named Culture Cup is round 8 and the poll for 'Best ever Documentary'.  Personally, I am looking forward to the results on this round as the quality of the field is pretty damn good.  

Round 7 brought us the poll for 'Best film released in the decade of the participants birth'.  This round threw up a shockingly bad choice of winner with Azzy's pick of Die Hard.  How that can be the best or even most cultured film out of this bunch is a mystery.  Still, it means 12 points for Azzy and she moves into 3rd.  Galted and seanmichaels pick up 10 points each with Life of Brian and Jaws respectively, both of which would have been more deserving winners.  Jeff has gained 4 points on his nemesis superfly and edges closer to the top.  Hero and compelling & rich both picked up decent points hauls and maintain a healthy but not unsurpassable lead at the top.  A solid 7 points for Union has seen him pull away from the bottom, not a motion he is used to doing.  The Womble managed to pick up a vote despite his questionable, albeit very funny, choice of Supergirl.  Adam was the big loser, only picking up 2 votes for Halloween.  He really should have picked something better.  Something like Rocky would have surely got more points.

Hero (One flew over the Cuckoos nest): (8) 64
compelling & rich (Empire Strikes Back): (9) 61
Azzy (Die Hard): (12) 56
seanmichaels (Jaws): (10) 55
Galted (Life of Brian): (10) 50
Adam (Halloween): (4) 46
TopHat (Scarface): (6) 45
Rowley (Godfather II): (7) 44
onlytreblewinners (Shawshank Redemption): (7) 43
bhb (Cool Hand Luke): (5) 41
The Womble (Supergirl): (3) 39
superflyweight (Chinatown): (3) 38
The Boss (Pulp Fiction): (6) 37
Dolphin (Rainman): (4) 34
Union (Monty Python and the Holy Grail): (7) 34
JuliusHMarx (The Misfits): (3) 33
ChequeredJersey (Raiders of the Lost Ark): (4) 30
jbeadlesbigrighthand (Lethal Weapon): (4) 27

Round 9 brings us back to literature and the question is thus: Name the best piece of literature with a place or type of building in the title  It can be a town/country/planet/hall/shop/train station etc etc, you get the drift.  So long as it is some sort of place or building then it qualifies.  I will be the sole judge of whether it meets the criteria or not.  PLEASE PM AT LEAST A COUPLE OF CHOICES.

For the poll, you will only be able to vote for ONE CHOICE and vote cancelling will not be allowed.  It stopped the voting scandal that dogged the previous two rounds so we will carry on with it.

REMEMBER, IT IS OPEN FOR THE WHOLE FORUM TO VOTE!

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup round 8 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Culture Cup round 8

Post by Rowley Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:34 am

Not sure what was so difficult. I managed and I am about 4 IQ points off needing assisted living.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:37 am

Rowley wrote:Not sure what was so difficult. I managed and I am about 4 IQ points off needing assisted living.
It's not difficult.

Azzy is just a hormonal teenager.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:52 am

Rowley wrote:Not sure what was so difficult. I managed and I am about 4 IQ points off needing assisted living.
Imagine how far below the threshold I am then Erm 

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:12 pm

Why is everyone else with 5 votes on 8% and I'm on 7. This is a farce Tino!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:25 pm

The Boss wrote:Why is everyone else with 5 votes on 8% and I'm on 7. This is a farce Tino!
Hmm, not sure what's going on there, Boss.

The points are allocated on the number of votes, not on the percentage, so you be fine, old boy.

But yeah, it is becoming a farce!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:03 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
The Boss wrote:Why is everyone else with 5 votes on 8% and I'm on 7. This is a farce Tino!

The points are allocated on the number of votes, not on the percentage, so you be fine, old boy.

Don't worry, Tino, farce is a legitimate form of culture:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farce

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:53 am

Galted wrote:

Don't worry, Tino, farce is a legitimate form of culture:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farce
I really should take that as a compliment, but one can't help feeling that you're taking the p*ss.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:57 am

More a statement of fact than a compliment or p*ss-take. One day the 606 v2 Culture Cup could be part of that list.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:58 am

Galted wrote:One day the 606 v2 Culture Cup could be part of that list.
If it ever ends.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:13 am

I'll endeavor to get it all wrapped up in the next 19 years.

Spoiler:

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:16 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'll endeavor to get it all wrapped up in the next 19 years.

Spoiler:
Not being funny but that asteroid depicted in their photo looks a bit bigger than 1300ft wide?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:17 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'll endeavor to get it all wrapped up in the next 19 years.

Spoiler:
So we might even get a round 12 in.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:18 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Spoiler:
Not being funny but that asteroid depicted in their photo looks a bit bigger than 1300ft wide?
Yeah, it's not like the Daily Mail to exaggerate things is it.

Arthropods would be the only things that survived.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:22 am

Are cockroaches Arthropods? They're supposed to 'hard' but I smashed loads of them up.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:24 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Spoiler:
Yeah, it's not like the Daily Mail to exaggerate things is it.

Arthropods would be the only things that survived.  
Don't fancy the chances of those wasps though, saw a DM article earlier on the Chinese getting their revenge.

There was another article on dolphins getting slaughtered which might be good for a laugh later when all the righteously indignant "man is so evil, animals have so much dignity, RIP dolphins" comments start to flood in.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:27 am

Galted wrote:
Don't fancy the chances of those wasps though, saw a DM article earlier on the Chinese getting their revenge.
Yeah I saw that. With the flame-thrower? They don't f*ck around the Chinese do they.

They are hornets though, not wasps.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:29 am

seanmichaels wrote:Are cockroaches Arthropods? They're supposed to 'hard' but I smashed loads of them up.
Yes they are.

Of course you have, you're 1000's of times bigger than them. Scale them up and you wouldn't even last 20 seconds.

Why am I explaining this to you? You're trying to wind me up and it won't work.

Goon.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:31 am

Galted wrote:
Yeah I saw that.  With the flame-thrower?  They don't f*ck around the Chinese do they.

That irritated me enough to stare at the screen with my arms folded for a few seconds.  Was going to respond with a torrent of abuse but, instead, am not going to reward your clever limerick line with a series of emoticons.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:33 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Yeah I saw that.  With the flame-thrower?  They don't f*ck around the Chinese do they.

That irritated me enough to stare at the screen with my arms folded for a few seconds.  Was going to respond with a torrent of abuse but, instead, am not going to reward your clever limerick line with a series of emoticons.
What part irritated you? My stereo-typing of the Chinese or educating you on the insect world?

I hope it was the former or that would be very churlish of you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:37 am

Having my slackness regarding arthropod facts exposed. Could have been avoided with just the tiniest bit of research.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:38 am

Wasps and hornets are one of a kind really.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:40 am

seanmichaels wrote:Wasps and hornets are one of a kind really.
This morning, you are below my contempt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:48 am

That not letting him wind you up seems to be going well.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:51 am

Rowley wrote:

I'm relatively calm, Jeff.

I just find it hard to let stupidity pass without comment.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:52 am

Rowley wrote:

I'm relatively calm, Jeff.

I just find it hard to let stupidity pass without comment.
No wonder you spend so long on here. Would advise you putting Az on your foe list if this really is the case.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:52 am

Rowley wrote:

I am not a particularly scary chap and I am very good natured (a bit docile), but have single handedly smashed up the most resilient Arthropod known to man and one of the new kids on the block - a big wasp. I think he is over egging the pudding that's all.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:57 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:

I am not a perticularly scary chap and I am very good natured (a bit docile), but have single handedly smashed up the most resilient Arthropod known to man and one of the new kids on the block - a big wasp. I think he is over egging the pudding that's all.
I'm aware of position I find myself in now. If I respond, you think I'm wound up. If I don't, you carry on perpetrating your nonsense.

Difficult situation.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:59 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:

I am not a perticularly scary chap and I am very good natured (a bit docile), but have single handedly smashed up the most resilient Arthropod known to man and one of the new kids on the block - a big wasp. I think he is over egging the pudding that's all.
I'm aware of position I find myself in now.  If I respond, you think I'm wound up.  If I don't, you carry on perpetrating your nonsense.  

Difficult situation.
I deal in facts. The big wasp was admittedly quite intimidating at first but when the electric tennis racket came out it was exposed as a grade A pu55y.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:03 am

Pains me to admit it but have to side with Tina to some extent on this. Put Ricardo Lopez in a ring with Audley Harrison and he is going to get a beating. Does not make Audley tougher or harder than him, just makes him bigger.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:08 am

Rowley wrote:Pains me to admit it but have to side with Tina to some extent on this. Put Ricardo Lopez in a ring with Audley Harrison and he is going to get a beating. Does not make Audley tougher or harder than him, just makes him bigger.
Precisely. Sean is boasting about killing something 1000's of times smaller than himself. That is his insecurities coming out for all to see.

When the last human dies out, the arthropods will be laughing and waving goodbye as their species continues to flourish.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:11 am

So the centipede is the best P4P fighter in the world?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:11 am

Rowley wrote:Pains me to admit it but have to side with Tina to some extent on this. Put Ricardo Lopez in a ring with Audley Harrison and he is going to get a beating. Does not make Audley tougher or harder than him, just makes him bigger.
Precisely.  Sean is boasting about killing something 1000's of times smaller than himself.  That is his insecurities coming out for all to see.

When the last human dies out, the arthropods will be laughing and waving goodbye as their species continues to flourish.
That implies a level of intelligence that is well beyond them. Are you sure you're not idealising them in some strange way?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:11 am

Precisely.  Sean is boasting about killing something 1000's of times smaller than himself.  That is his insecurities coming out for all to see.

It is not the size of the dog in the fight, it is the fight in the dog.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:13 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

That implies a level of intelligence that is well beyond them. Are you sure you're not idealising them in some strange way?
Stop being silly, Julius. You're a bright man. Don't lower your standards to that of michaels.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:14 am

They'll die soon enough when they've got no humans to open windows for them and they keep banging their heads trying to get outside.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:15 am

Hero wrote:So the centipede is the best P4P fighter in the world?
They're pretty tough.  One bit a man on the face and killed him.

And one ate a snake.

True stories.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:15 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

...Julius.  You're a bright man...
Well that just proves you don't know anything.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:15 am

Galted wrote:
They'll die soon enough when they've got no humans to open windows for them and they keep banging their heads trying to get outside.
You could be describing sean there.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:16 am

Galted wrote:
I do that all the time. Goddamn patio doors.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:16 am

Don't get me wrong, to a degree I respect big Wasps. They are a a key member of the arthropod team that are responsible for stopping the build up faeces around us - I read we'd be up to our knees in it if it wasn't for our industrious little friends.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:19 am

seanmichaels wrote:Don't get me wrong, to a degree I respect big Wasps. They are a a key member of the arthropod team that are responsible for stopping the build up faeces around us - I read we'd be up to our knees in it if it wasn't for our industrious little friends.
I probably need to let a few more into my bathroom.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:19 am

seanmichaels wrote:Don't get me wrong, to a degree I respect big Wasps. They are a a key member of the arthropod team that are responsible for stopping the build up faeces around us - I read we'd be up to our knees in it if it wasn't for our industrious little friends.
I don't, I've outwitted big wasps on more than one occasion.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:22 am

Galted wrote:
Sadly, that would seem to be your limit.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:28 am

Galted wrote:
I don't doubt it. Alison Julyniak must be very scary

Spoiler:

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:45 am

I'm pretty sure I've been in the bottom 4 in the voting of every round. This, alongside the fact I just got excited by there being new soap in the office toilets (it's been 5 weeks and I've already adapted to dull office life), has dumped me into a day of misery.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:56 am

Anthropomorphic.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:01 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'm pretty sure I've been in the bottom 4 in the voting of every round. This, alongside the fact I just got excited by there being new soap in the office toilets (it's been 5 weeks and I've already adapted to dull office life), has dumped me into a day of misery.
I wish they would give us a new brand of soap in our toilets.

Its obviously a very cheap commercial hand gel at the moment, which you have to use at least twice the regular amount of normal hand gels for it to work, thus negating the saving.

Its a false economy I tells ya.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:04 am

Adam D wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'm pretty sure I've been in the bottom 4 in the voting of every round. This, alongside the fact I just got excited by there being new soap in the office toilets (it's been 5 weeks and I've already adapted to dull office life), has dumped me into a day of misery.
I wish they would give us a new brand of soap in our toilets.

Its obviously a very cheap commercial hand gel at the moment, which you have to use at least twice the regular amount of normal hand gels for it to work, thus negating the saving.

Its a false economy I tells ya.
Especially when combined with the budget toilet roll on offer - you either find a didget slips through the paper resulting in even more soap required or you double or even triple up on the amount sheets per wipe.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:10 am

I hate it when you go to a hotel and spend say £100 for the night and they have cheap, nasty toilet paper.

I paid £100 for this room - I want quilted paper please.

If a hotel chain actually advertised its quality TP, then I would use it exclusively.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:21 am

This was a really interesting and heated debate about arthropods, now we are talking about toilet paper.

This place is going down the pan.

drumroll 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next