The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saints vs The Ospreys -HEC Round 2

+27
markb
doctor_grey
bedfordwelsh
lostinwales
quinsforever
glamorganalun
VietGwentRevisited
Pot Hale
hawalsh
toml
Artful_Dodger
majesticimperialman
VinceWLB
formerly known as Sam
Mad for Chelsea
Coleman
ChequeredJersey
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
Hubert Davenport
BamBam
LeinsterFan4life
Breadvan
brennomac
wales606
The Saint
BigTrevsbigmac
maestegmafia
31 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Saints vs The Ospreys -HEC Round 2 - Page 4 Empty Saints vs The Ospreys -HEC Round 2

Post by maestegmafia Sun 20 Oct 2013, 12:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kick-off: 12:45 local (11:45 GMT)
Venue: Franklin's Gardens
Referee: Alain Rolland (Ireland)
Assistant referees: Stuart Gaffikin (Ireland), Jonathan Peak (Ireland)
Television match official: Simon McDowell (Ireland)

Northampton: Foden; Elliott, Pisi, Luther Burrell, North; Myler, Dickson; Waller, Hartley (capt), Ma'afu, Lawes, Day, Wood, Dowson, Manoa.

Replacements: Haywood, Waller, Denman, Van Velze, Clark, Fotuali'i, Wilson, Pisi.

Ospreys: Fussell; Hassler, Bishop, Beck, Walker; Biggar, Habberfield; Bevington, Hibbard, Jones, AW Jones (capt), King, R Jones, Tipuric, Bearman.

Replacements: Baldwin, D Jones, Jarvis, Ardron, Allen, Lewis, Tebaldi, Morgan.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Saints vs The Ospreys -HEC Round 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Saints vs The Ospreys -HEC Round 2

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 20 Oct 2013, 8:09 pm

VietGwentRevisited wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:AKA 4 weeks of Yawnsville, Arizona. The AIs just don't do it for me i'm afraid.
I would not go any where near that far - but I do see where you are coming from.

Meetings with SH opposition used to be a rare occurrence and all the more special for it. We meet Australia for the umpteenth time in 2 years and that familiarity breeds staleness and ennui. I know we won't see tours like the amateur days when just one team would visit playing club sides, provinces and all 4 B&I countries. In clubhouses in Munster, Llanelli, Ottley they still cherish those days and famous wins.
The Scarlets narrowly lost 9-3 to the All Blacks so I understand and Llanelli pubs were left with gallons of beer to spare. Some bloke wrote a song about it.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Saints vs The Ospreys -HEC Round 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Saints vs The Ospreys -HEC Round 2

Post by TJ Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:41 am

Just watched this game. I have been critical of Saints in the past especially Lawes and Hartley for letting their aggression go over the line of legality. However in this game they were immense especially Lawes. Low penalty count from the whole team. Great breakdown work

Good to see a him getting back to the form he has displayed before. Can Lawes force his way back into the england team?

Mightly physical game. No prisoners taken.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4