The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saints vs The Ospreys -HEC Round 2

+27
markb
doctor_grey
bedfordwelsh
lostinwales
quinsforever
glamorganalun
VietGwentRevisited
Pot Hale
hawalsh
toml
Artful_Dodger
majesticimperialman
VinceWLB
formerly known as Sam
Mad for Chelsea
Coleman
ChequeredJersey
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
Hubert Davenport
BamBam
LeinsterFan4life
Breadvan
brennomac
wales606
The Saint
BigTrevsbigmac
maestegmafia
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Saints vs The Ospreys -HEC Round 2 - Page 2 Empty Saints vs The Ospreys -HEC Round 2

Post by maestegmafia Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kick-off: 12:45 local (11:45 GMT)
Venue: Franklin's Gardens
Referee: Alain Rolland (Ireland)
Assistant referees: Stuart Gaffikin (Ireland), Jonathan Peak (Ireland)
Television match official: Simon McDowell (Ireland)

Northampton: Foden; Elliott, Pisi, Luther Burrell, North; Myler, Dickson; Waller, Hartley (capt), Ma'afu, Lawes, Day, Wood, Dowson, Manoa.

Replacements: Haywood, Waller, Denman, Van Velze, Clark, Fotuali'i, Wilson, Pisi.

Ospreys: Fussell; Hassler, Bishop, Beck, Walker; Biggar, Habberfield; Bevington, Hibbard, Jones, AW Jones (capt), King, R Jones, Tipuric, Bearman.

Replacements: Baldwin, D Jones, Jarvis, Ardron, Allen, Lewis, Tebaldi, Morgan.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Saints vs The Ospreys -HEC Round 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Saints vs The Ospreys -HEC Round 2

Post by The Saint Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:51 pm

I wonder where all these Northampton coat-tailer's will go after they're dumped out of Europe again? Another 50 point drubbing from an Irish team coming sooner or later I reckon Whistle.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Saints vs The Ospreys -HEC Round 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Saints vs The Ospreys -HEC Round 2

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:53 pm

much better from the O's, and they're right back in this.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:54 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:Actually, I shouldn't complain because I know how much I'm looking forward to hearing about Clancy's refereeing performance later. Not that it would make much difference
Is Clancy refereeing the Quins match?
Regrettably so
You have our sincerest condolences, the man does for rugby what Genghis Khan did for 12th century international relations.
Thanks. Hopefully we can use his whistleblwoing propensity to win some penalties and play Clermont like Ulster played Montpellier (not a Quins style, but seems sensible in this case) but that would require Nev, Danny, BB and Brown to bring their kicking A game. Otherwise we'll have to just go for all out attack, hope it clicks and the pack put in the shift of their lives and Clermont get blown away and drop their chins while we get our tails up. If we win, it may be our best result ever
There are enough lads in that teams core to know how to beat Toulouse. They might inspire Quins. I hope so anyway...! Young Botica is a talented lad I am keen to watch...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:54 pm

Jeff Hassler seems a good ittle signing by the O's.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:54 pm

Says the coat tail master!
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:55 pm

That's the spirit lads... Get in there and play some rugby. Hopefully whatever was said at half time will change the game now.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:55 pm

Ospreys back in it, only 4 points the difference.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:56 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Jeff Hassler seems a good ittle signing by the O's.
Yeh, had a poor game against Ulster a couple of weeks back but has looked good aside from that.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:56 pm

Yes I agree, he seems to have settled down well and has played some very good rugby so far. Not a finished article in the slightest but has taken the absence of Hanno Dirksen as a great opportunity to creat a name for himself.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:57 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:Actually, I shouldn't complain because I know how much I'm looking forward to hearing about Clancy's refereeing performance later. Not that it would make much difference
Is Clancy refereeing the Quins match?
Regrettably so
You have our sincerest condolences, the man does for rugby what Genghis Khan did for 12th century international relations.
Thanks. Hopefully we can use his whistleblwoing propensity to win some penalties and play Clermont like Ulster played Montpellier (not a Quins style, but seems sensible in this case) but that would require Nev, Danny, BB and Brown to bring their kicking A game. Otherwise we'll have to just go for all out attack, hope it clicks and the pack put in the shift of their lives and Clermont get blown away and drop their chins while we get our tails up. If we win, it may be our best result ever
There are enough lads in that teams core to know how to beat Toulouse. They might inspire Quins. I hope so anyway...! Young Botica is a talented lad I am keen to watch...
And Stade when they were good, our players know how to beat the French in France (Biarritz too, though they were Poopie). Our players can do it, but too many are out of position, with inexperience on the bench and in key areas and our form is poor because we just aren't clicking and executing. A good performance even in loss here (it is ASM and they don't lose at home) would hopefully kick start our season
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:57 pm

Tell you something else....Fussell has had a pretty decent game today. Not sure I've seen him make as positive a contribution before. Ospreys problems were clearly in the backline, think maybe the coaches told them they just had to step up.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Great tackle by Hassler, stopped North in his tracks.

Last edited by Artful_Dodger on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Bit of an illegal challenge there?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:58 pm

If you win the contacts you will get the run of the decisions. Ospreys complaining about off the ball stuff is a bit rich considering the antics of Tipuric thus far.

Vince agree on that. Adam Jones is no longer getting away with a big shunt, bind on the arm and drag the opposition loosehead in and down.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:59 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:
Yeh, had a poor game against Ulster a couple of weeks back but has looked good aside from that.
That was his only poor game so far.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:03 am

The Saint wrote:
Artful_Dodger wrote:
That was his only poor game so far.
Yeah, been impressed with Hassler so far this season
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:06 am

This was really a game for Tito.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:06 am

We've serious issues with back play...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:07 am

Well done Dan Biggar

Awful from Habberfield
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:07 am

Jabber field shows his lack of experience & North shows he has a lot more pace than Hassler

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:08 am

When did they show that?

*My sky app is a lot slower it seems.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:08 am

That stupid pass from Habberfield could have cost the O's their chance
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:09 am

Saints most overrated player Clarke is on.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:09 am

brutal power from the Saints forwards, and nicely finished off.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:10 am

Take Habberfield off
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:12 am

Why is he shouting use it at the scrum all of the time? I've never heard any ref do this in all my time watching or playing. Have i missed a new rule? Can someone help?

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:13 am

They all look clueless to me, not just Hab.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:13 am

Coleman wrote:Why is he shouting use it at the scrum all of the time? I've never heard any ref do this in all my time watching or playing. Have i missed a new rule? Can someone help?
Yes it wasn't even out of the scrum either. Not that it needed to be.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:14 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
Coleman wrote:Why is he shouting use it at the scrum all of the time? I've never heard any ref do this in all my time watching or playing. Have i missed a new rule? Can someone help?
But Trev he's been doing it to the Spreys all game. Why is it only now that you notice? <coat-tail>

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:19 am

The Saint wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
But Trev he's been doing it to the Spreys all game. Why is it only now that you notice? <coat-tail>
I noticed it before but it doesn't count if its against he Sprays does it?

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:19 am

I don't understand this coat tail comment? Why is it a bad thing for an Englishman to support an English Club vs a foreign Club in this competition?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:20 am

LOL i can't stop laughing, Saints players all over the floor playing the ball knocking on ref cries play on,Hibbard does it whistle penalty.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:23 am

Mad for Chelsea wrote:brutal power from the Saints forwards, and nicely finished off.
Are you stuart barnes? all your "buzz" words, Saints put a blocking wall in front of the ball carrier hardly brutal power

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:24 am

AWJ looks out on his feet. Like a player who gives 100% unfortunately he is few & far between amongst his team.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:24 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:I don't understand this coat tail comment? Why is it a bad thing for an Englishman to support an English Club vs a foreign Club in this competition?
Just ignore it CJ.

Breadvan is an Englishman and a seaon ticket holding supporter of the ospreys. I am a Welshman and a season ticket holder at Bath RFC.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by toml Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:25 am

Ospreys need to learn how to speed up their phases but TBH Rolland has been urine poor letting Saints handle on the floor the whole game

toml

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:25 am

As an England fan, loving the edge that Wood and Lawes are showing today

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:26 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:I don't understand this coat tail comment? Why is it a bad thing for an Englishman to support an English Club vs a foreign Club in this competition?
It's a trev thing. Yesterday Cardiff had another Irish ref who was incredibly poor and did everything he could to assist a poorly-performing Toulon. Trev was in the midst of it cheering on Toulon and applauding every single incorrect decision against Cardiff and probably dry humped the screen every time Johnny was in shot. He's doing the same again today.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:27 am

The word edge puts me on edge. It generally means "things that another referee would penalise or card you for". Anyway, time to row,
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:27 am

Introductory sport psychology: only attribute losses and/or poor performance to things within your control (attribution theory). If you blame the ref for the loss or the poor performance, then how can you do anything about it in training? You can't plan for or train for those things out of your control. Therefore, rather than blaming the ref for losing, fans/coaches/players should look internally to the factors that meant they did not score more points than the opposition, factors that meant they didn't stop the opposition scoring more points than them, how to improve the scrum, improving defence, etc. That's more likely to improve performance more in the long term than blaming the ref.

Ref blamers take note!

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:27 am

Be great to see some magic from Matthew Morgan right now...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:29 am

The Saint wrote:
It's a trev thing. Yesterday Cardiff had another Irish ref who was incredibly poor and did everything he could to assist a poorly-performing Toulon. Trev was in the midst of it cheering on Toulon and applauding every single incorrect decision against Cardiff and probably dry humped the screen every time Johnny was in shot. He's doing the same again today.
I am a Wasps supporter but also follow all English clubs against foreign ones as Chequered says. I dare say I am not alone in that respect.
What I don't do is get abusive. I give the occasional dig but I call it banter there is a big difference.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:29 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:The word edge puts me on edge. It generally means "things that another referee would penalise or card you for". Anyway, time to row,
Possibly, but we need that physical no nonsense stuff from our forwards, showing we can't be bullied so I'm all for it

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:29 am

toml wrote:Ospreys need to learn how to speed up their phases but TBH Rolland has been urine poor letting Saints handle on the floor the whole game
Ospreys need to keep the ball live to avoid Rollands awful breakdown interpretations.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:29 am

Griff wrote:

Ref blamers take note!
Who's blamed the ref? Answers on a postcard if you can find any evidence for me blaming the ref. I've commented on Rolland's performance along with that of both teams.

Ospreys are out of Europe. I blame the Ospreys.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:31 am

Pisi offside WTF???????

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:31 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
The Saint wrote:
I am a Wasps supporter but also follow all English clubs against foreign ones as Chequered says. I dare say I am not alone in that respect.
What I don't do is get abusive. I give the occasional dig but I call it banter there is a big difference.
Supporting teams from your nation is fine. You however, coat-tail anything playing the Welsh. You are not the only guilty one there though.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by toml Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:31 am

Tackler not releasing, players coming from offside...off side
Rolland is blind to saints infringments

toml

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:31 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Your digs are digs no matter what you personally call them. How about you clear off and let us talk rugby..?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:31 am

Feel really sorry for AWJ and Biggar, they have given everything
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next