The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haka Furore

+27
nganboy
quinsforever
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
ME-109
Heaf
Casartelli
Metal Tiger
goneagain
stub
Knowsit17
Hound of Harrow
aucklandlaurie
Big
nathan
Submachine
doctor_grey
profitius
Portnoy's Complaint
Breadvan
Exiledinborders
butterfingers
gregortree
jimmyinthewell68
GunsGerms
Cyril
tigerleghorn
GloriousEmpire
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Haka Furore - Page 2 Empty Haka Furore

Post by GloriousEmpire Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just 5 days to go until the Daily Mail will discover that NZ propose to make an insulting display of tongue waggling and throat slitting at twickenham.

Boy, I bet that kicks off.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Haka Furore - Page 2 Empty Re: Haka Furore

Post by tigerleghorn Tue 05 Nov 2013, 8:42 pm

stub wrote:What a good natured thread - everyone's just so civilised... What's going on? Does this happen often?
Usually starts with something so puerile from GE that we have to rescue it for him by introducing humour.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by goneagain Tue 05 Nov 2013, 10:14 pm

I always preferred it when the brain donors were banging on about NZ pillaging the Pacific Islands.

goneagain

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:16 am

tigerleghorn wrote:
stub wrote:What a good natured thread - everyone's just so civilised... What's going on? Does this happen often?
Usually starts with something so puerile from GE that we have to rescue it for him by introducing humour.
I'm still waiting for some wit from you tiger. You seem like an intense grumpy old sort who gives short shrift to a humorous take on life. I think you need to relax and not let that anxiety build up. Ever tried yoga?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:26 am

GloriousEmpire wrote:I had a Freddo bar that I stole from a sugared out kid on Halloween. It had pop rocks in it. I thought my root canal had gone wrong. Awful stuff.
That's right, pop rocks were about as synthetic the upcoming DM 'Furore'... if there is one.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:42 am

I'm sure 'pop rocks' used to be called something else when I was a nipper.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:51 am

Cyril wrote:I'm sure 'pop rocks' used to be called something else when I was a nipper.
If Pop Rocks was the Coca Cola of the popping candy world, then Space Dust was it's Pepsi like nemesis.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Wed 06 Nov 2013, 1:38 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:
tigerleghorn wrote:
I'm still waiting for some wit from you tiger. You seem like an intense grumpy old sort who gives short shrift to a humorous take on life. I think you need to relax and not let that anxiety build up. Ever tried yoga?
Oooh, get you!, touchy touchy.

http://www.thefatcontroller.co.uk/portfolio/albums/userpics/vic_bob_hark-at-her2009.jpg

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2013, 6:04 pm

Speaking of dodgy lollies. Did you guys up north get Spaceman Candy Sticks in the 80s? Probably something similar anyway. White sugar sticks with the tip dipped in red food colouring to to make them look like a lit smoke. Great for trying to be badass when you're 5 yo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Wed 06 Nov 2013, 7:33 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:Just 5 days to go until the Daily Mail will discover that NZ propose to make an insulting display of tongue waggling and throat slitting at twickenham.

I think NZ should perform the traditional Haka.

Thus allowing the traditional response to the Haka.

With a round of musket fire.
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2013, 7:44 pm

Wipe out the ABs with muskets, that'd work, bit girly mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 06 Nov 2013, 7:48 pm

Metal Tiger wrote:
GloriousEmpire wrote:Just 5 days to go until the Daily Mail will discover that NZ propose to make an insulting display of tongue waggling and throat slitting at twickenham.

Or in a 19th century upper class British accent; "what say you savage?"

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:05 pm

How about offering up a vial of pox?

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:09 pm

ebop wrote:How about offering up a vial of pox?
Probably a bit over the top. It seems a slightly undercooked korma or a touch of the sniffles is enough to cripple the once mighty All Black these days.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:22 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Metal Tiger wrote:

Or in a  19th century upper class British accent; "what say you savage?"
Or even raise an eyebrow like prince philip and ask politely "Do you still eat each other?"
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:24 pm

Apologies, not very traditional either, maybe musket fire is a more appropriate challenge afterall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:28 pm

Metal Tiger wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Metal Tiger wrote:

Or even raise an eyebrow like prince philip and ask politely "Do you still eat each other?"
Anyone on here a member of the Prince Philip Movement I wonder?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:36 pm

Metal Tiger wrote:

Yawn. Bring it on. For one thing if the Brits hadn't been totally outclassed by the fortified pa and the stealth ops of the Maori they wouldn't have begged for a treaty when they did.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:46 pm

Do the Morris Dance (yawn), take the hanky off your head, blow your nose into it, walk up to the haka and rub the hanky into the ABs faces. They'll come down with the flu and spend the next week in bed. You'll lose the game. But at least it'll give the next team a slim chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:46 pm

I could be wrong but isn't it likely that a fair few of the current population of NZ are descendants of the nasty colonial Brits he keeps talking about?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:48 pm

True, but no one will admit to it though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:49 pm

That's tongue in cheek by the way:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:59 pm

Heaf wrote:I could be wrong but isn't it likely that a fair few of the current population of NZ are descendants of the nasty colonial Brits he keeps talking about?
It is a fact often overlooked that the majority of the NZders have British (Scots, Irish, English & Welsh) descendancy in the mix.... apologies to the Irish for this but at the time of the colonisation of the antipodes you were in the club too... before you handed in your club card and changed the locks.
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:10 pm

Gotta admit Tiger, if I trace my roots back about 160 years (and further) I end up in Ireland, but I got a big telling off during the Lions tour for referring to the Irish as British.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:22 pm

I remember reading in that thread that England isn't a country, confused the heck out of me. Maybe I read it wrong or I missed that geography lesson in school.

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:55 pm

Metal Tiger wrote:
Heaf wrote:I could be wrong but isn't it likely that a fair few of the current population of NZ are descendants of the nasty colonial Brits he keeps talking about?
It is a fact often overlooked that the majority of the NZders have British (Scots, Irish, English & Welsh) descendancy in the mix.... apologies to the Irish for this but at the time of the colonisation of the antipodes you were in the club too... before you handed in your club card and changed the locks.
Well Metal maybe then you should call yourself French because of the Normans until you changed or maybe German from the Angles/Saxons or maybe....don't be so facetious and lazy.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:58 pm

Wow. S.o.h failure. Jeez...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:21 pm

Some things just aren't funny Bv.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:30 pm

The point I was trying to make ME was that GE talks about how the colonial Brits treated his country badly in the past when surely many of the current population (possibly even him) are descended from those Brits rather than true natives. As you rightly point out many countries are made up of a diverse mix of descendants so his historical grudge holding just seems daft ... Of course it gives him another way of being anti British.

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:33 pm

Cyril wrote:GE, as a loyal subscriber to The Daily Mail (you tend to quote it in most of your ramblings) I'm sure you'll be up to arms about it too.

Yours in disgust

Cyril
I read the showbiz section of the daily mail, some great pics of Kim Kardashian back side.

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:34 pm

doesnt really affect me if he is anti British (albeit maybe a little immature of him)......as Muhammad Ali said about going to Vietnam..."aint no Vietcong called me...." (you surely can remember the rest).

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:40 pm

Heaf wrote:The point I was trying to make ME was that GE talks about how the colonial Brits treated his country badly in the past when surely many of the current population (possibly even him) are descended from those Brits rather than true natives.  As you rightly point out many countries are made up of a diverse mix of descendants so his historical grudge holding just seems daft ... Of course it gives him another way of being anti British.
We all trace common ancestors back to one or two original emergences of humanity. But we still form tribes, societies, civilizations. Grow, change, evolve and fight.

There's a difference between having British heritage and maintaining British ideals.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:44 pm

I appreciate that ME, it was more really about him taking up a position that seemed illogical. A bit like him saying how people shouldn't blame the ref when the result of a match doesn't suit them and then dedicating all his time to saying how bad Clancy was on Saturday because England won.

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:45 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:
Heaf wrote:The point I was trying to make ME was that GE talks about how the colonial Brits treated his country badly in the past when surely many of the current population (possibly even him) are descended from those Brits rather than true natives.  As you rightly point out many countries are made up of a diverse mix of descendants so his historical grudge holding just seems daft ... Of course it gives him another way of being anti British.
We all trace common ancestors back to one or two original emergences of humanity. But we still form tribes, societies, civilizations. Grow, change, evolve and fight.

There's a difference between having British heritage and maintaining British ideals.
Still salute the British flag thou;) 
Also read once that the EX Empire nations all finish every sentence with a higher pitch "up speak" because they seek approval from the mother land!
True think about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:47 pm

Which fits in with my theory that British culture is essentially self centric and deluded. Which is true if you think about it.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:48 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:

Don't really understand that as have neither British heritage nor had anything in the line of British ideals (whatever that is). Why not just try to be a good New Zealander and look forward...I cant understand the inferiority complex that is just completely emanating from your posts which seem even more ridiculous considering you do this on a rugby forum when your team is No.1 in the world.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:49 pm

So which British ideals are at odds with NZ ideals as a matter of interest?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:50 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:Which fits in with my theory that British culture is essentially self centric and deluded. Which is true if you think about it.
It is! most certainly is. But when measured by success,kind of have every right to be self centric kiss Guess thats why NZ try so hard in rugby? seeking approval.

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 06 Nov 2013, 11:34 pm

ME-109 wrote:doesnt really affect me if he is anti British (albeit maybe a little immature of him)......as Muhammad Ali said about going to Vietnam..."aint no Vietcong called me...." (you surely can remember the rest).
white?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Wed 06 Nov 2013, 11:58 pm

ME-109 wrote:doesnt really affect me if he is anti British (albeit maybe a little immature of him)......as Muhammad Ali said about going to Vietnam..."aint no Vietcong called me...." (you surely can remember the rest).
funny though because "Viet" is probably derived from a Chinese word about the various peoples of Southern China in ancient times and the name "Vietnam" was decided on my the Chinese Emperor some time ago AND Chinese poeple (and Japanese poeple) and my guess is most of Asia don't really like African people considering them to have not taken advantage of Darwinian theory sufficently.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Thu 07 Nov 2013, 5:19 am

Letter to the Editor, Daily Mail, on Monday 18 November 2013

Sir

Disgusted to see that a bunch of foreign hooligans violated England's green and pleasant land on Saturday and abused the hospitality of our great nation by disgracing themselves on the rugby field.   Firstly, they indulged in criminally threatening behaviour and then very unsportingly kept the ball almost entirely to themselves for the whole game and refused to give it to England.  This shouldn't be allowed.  Don't they know who invented the game?

They also came here and stayed in our hotels (probably claiming housing benefit), thus depriving hardworking British citizens of much needed accommodation, and during the game committed violent acts of something called 'tackling' on several England players which meant Our Brave Boys had to have treatment which no doubt cost the NHS a fortune.   I don't pay my taxes so Johnny foreigner can inflict waste on our precious resources in this way.

These hooligans, who will probably claim asylum and sponge off the welfare state should be sent back to where they come from where they can run around in the jungle and eat each other as much as they like.  

I am going to write to my MP and demand they be thrown into jail and are hanged at dawn every day for a fortnight.  That'll teach them.  It's the only thing they understand.

Yours,
Disgusted of Witney
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 07 Nov 2013, 9:51 am

Metal Tiger wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Metal Tiger wrote:

Well this did cause a tummy upset last year.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 07 Nov 2013, 3:06 pm

They better get the insulting display over with quickly as that's the same date that the Daily Mail have down for an alien invasion of East Sussex, secretly planned by Prince Philip to take control of the Monarchy for himself.

A half Haka may have to do.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 07 Nov 2013, 3:08 pm

The Fourth Lion wrote:

Letter to the Editor, Daily Mail, on Monday 18 November 2013

Sir

Disgusted to see that a bunch of foreign hooligans violated England's green and pleasant land on Saturday and abused the hospitality of our great nation by disgracing themselves on the rugby field.   Firstly, they indulged in criminally threatening behaviour and then very unsportingly kept the ball almost entirely to themselves for the whole game and refused to give it to England.  This shouldn't be allowed.  Don't they know who invented the game?

They also came here and stayed in our hotels (probably claiming housing benefit), thus depriving hardworking British citizens of much needed accommodation, and during the game committed violent acts of something called 'tackling' on several England players which meant Our Brave Boys had to have treatment which no doubt cost the NHS a fortune.   I don't pay my taxes so Johnny foreigner can inflict waste on our precious resources in this way.

These hooligans, who will probably claim asylum and sponge off the welfare state should be sent back to where they come from where they can run around in the jungle and eat each other as much as they like.  

I am going to write to my MP and demand they be thrown into jail and are hanged at dawn every day for a fortnight.  That'll teach them.  It's the only thing they understand.

Yours,
Disgusted of Witney
Laugh Reasonably worded missive.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Thu 07 Nov 2013, 4:13 pm

GE given your feelings about the role of the colonials in the disposession and oppression of the native New Zealanders (which continues very much to this day) I was wondering what your opinion was of the same colonial group appropriating the native culture to their white mans sport - I'm thinking that maybe a comparator would be a South African team coming onto the pitch and doing a Zulu or Xhosa dance.

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 07 Nov 2013, 4:25 pm

Laugh 
Do London Reading 'Irish' still open up procedings with the 'River Dance' ?
And what is it with those wolfhounds in emerald jackets ? I love a spot of culture.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Thu 07 Nov 2013, 7:51 pm

One pop from a Challenger 2 tank ought to sort the upstarts out. It would also instantly move us up to 2nd in the irb world rankings.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Thu 07 Nov 2013, 8:00 pm

englandglory4ever wrote:One pop from a Challenger 2 tank ought to sort the upstarts out. It would also instantly move us up to 2nd in the irb world rankings.
Unless the crew had enjoyed one too many 'herbals' and inadvertently swung the gun around on their own squad.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Thu 07 Nov 2013, 11:47 pm

But it would only wipe out at best the 22 players of the day. It could be that NZ has some other players at home or around the world who could step in. Maori ABs for example just beat Canada so that suggest they could be ranked around 12/13.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Sat 09 Nov 2013, 12:38 pm

ebop wrote:I remember reading in that thread that England isn't a country, confused the heck out of me. Maybe I read it wrong or I missed that geography lesson in school.
England is a country, but in the same way that California is a State.

England is a constituent part of the sovereign territory of the United Kingdom. The State of California is a part of the United States of America. Same sort of thing, only with different political structures.

The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 09 Nov 2013, 12:51 pm

Irish Londoner wrote:GE given your feelings about the role of the colonials in the disposession and oppression of the native New Zealanders (which continues very much to this day) I was wondering what your opinion was of the same colonial group appropriating the native culture to their white mans sport - I'm thinking that maybe a comparator would be a South African team coming onto the pitch and doing a Zulu or Xhosa dance.

No idea what your point is.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next