The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury Targets Wilder

+19
Diamond in the rough
hampo17
bhb001
tunes666
John Bloody Wayne
Nico the gman
RanjitPatel
rIck_dAgless
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
Strongback
KingMonkey
Steffan
mobilemaster8
ONETWOFOREVER
captain carrantuohil
hazharrison
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fury Targets Wilder Empty Fury Targets Wilder

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov 2013, 11:42 am

As the Haye fight now looks to be dead in the water Fury finds himself without an opponent for next February. According to Sky Fury has moved quickly to fill the gap and is targeting unbeaten American hope Deontay Wilder. Also looks like Wilder’s team have not dismissed the possibility. What do folk think of this as a match up. Personally would welcome this as a match up, folk have rightly been calling on Wilder to step up his opposition and Fury certainly represents a level up from the Harrisons of this world.

Would like to see this happen, both fighters still have enough question marks over them to create interest and two unbeaten heavyweights always carries a level of intrigue. Really hope it is Wilder that fills the breach, what do you think about this, should it happen.

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12040/9030705/tyson-fury-targets-meeting-with-deontay-wilder-after-david-haye-cancellation

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Fury Targets Wilder Empty Re: Fury Targets Wilder

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 11:46 am

Doubt he'll get him......Wilder isn't a big name over here and I imagine his handlers are waiting the Klits out..So he can live or die with a huge payday !

Fury has however had his stock hugely inflated with the Haye stuff..........he's come out of it sitting pretty....He had the bottle to fight Haye and with Haye's retirement becomes the HOPE !!

The 5 million purse loss can be regained later with shrewd management..

Everything is rosy for Tyson at the moment.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 19 Nov 2013, 11:48 am

As good a fight as there is out there presently (at heavyweight).

I'd fancy Fury to weather Wilder's early attacks and ping him out. It would be an exciting fight, though.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 11:51 am

Not going to risk wilder.........Until a belt is on the line.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Tue 19 Nov 2013, 11:54 am

If it happens, excellent news. Almost a throwback to the time that two prospects could battle it out without fearing that a loss would necessarily be the end of the world for either. A win obviously propels the fighter concerned quite high into the list of names who will be scrapping for the post-K2 crumbs.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 19 Nov 2013, 11:54 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Doubt he'll get him......Wilder isn't a big name over here and I imagine his handlers are waiting the Klits out..So he can live or die with a huge payday !

Fury has however had his stock hugely inflated with the Haye stuff..........he's come out of it sitting pretty....He had the bottle to fight Haye and with Haye's retirement becomes the HOPE !!

The 5 million purse loss can be regained later with shrewd management..

Everything is rosy for Tyson at the moment.
Fans are aware of Wilder from the Harrison fight -- his record is a good marketing tool. Wilder seems to be doing the exact opposite -- he's sparred the Klitschkos and so his management are hanging about until Wladimir retires.

A Fury fight would seem right up his street.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 19 Nov 2013, 11:55 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not going to risk wilder.........Until a belt is on the line.
So why are Wilder's peeps always calling out Fury?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 11:58 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Fury called out Price..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:01 pm

Wilder has a weak chin. Seen the video of him and Haye sparring he looked like a lanky kid off balance and swinging wildly. I think Fury could ko him but late in the fight.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Fury called out Price..
Then ducked him did he not when Fat Mick withdrew from purse bids or some such nonsense

I hear your favourite fighter Chisora has been thrown into the mix now his Euro HW title defence has been scrapped.

Whoever Fury fights, I hope he's beaten soundly...suggesting he's been ducked by David Haye is as laughable as saying you've been outsmarted by STRONGY

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:32 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Fury called out Price..
Then ducked him did he not when Fat Mick withdrew from purse bids or some such nonsense

I hear your favourite fighter Chisora has been thrown into the mix now his Euro HW title defence has been scrapped.

Whoever Fury fights, I hope he's beaten soundly...suggesting he's been ducked by David Haye is as laughable as saying you've been outsmarted by STRONGY
I think "ducking" is a bit harsh. Hennessy was tied to Channel Five -- Price to Sky or BoxNation (can't remember which at that point).

Haye didn't duck Fury but he hasn't half messed him about. On the back of his previous cancellations (Charr, Vitali) it looks poor (which probably isn't fair if Haye has genuinely been injured each time but hey, that's cricket).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:45 pm

hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Fury called out Price..

I think "ducking" is a bit harsh. Hennessy was tied to Channel Five -- Price to Sky or BoxNation (can't remember which at that point).

Haye didn't duck Fury but he hasn't half messed him about. On the back of his previous cancellations (Charr, Vitali) it looks poor (which probably isn't fair if Haye has genuinely been injured each time but hey, that's cricket).
Wondering why these guys are struggling to reach any form of amicable compromise these days. Too many fevered egos involved probably.

Joint promotions are clearly not impossible as Froch/Groves is one and they're increasingly commonplace. Just wonder why no-one was able to get this one up and running

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:10 pm

Wilder in 1

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:20 pm

I want to see Fury vs Wlad..........Want to see how Wlad mugs a taller, just as big guy like Fury..........

If Fury does catch him coming in ....Could be very interesting.......

Fury has more chance with Wlad than he did with Haye's potshotting.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:26 pm

Would like to think that Wlad's people will have seen Fury fight and told Wlad to jump all over him (throwing 10 years of caution to the wind) and just get him out of there

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:59 pm

Once Fury dispatches of this overhyped lanky Yank a shot at Wlads title should on the cards

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:01 pm

Fury took on Haye because it would have paid. The risk was high but the reward warranted it. I don't see the risk/reward working here at all unless they can get this on in the States and hope to do good ppv numbers.

I don't see this happening.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:04 pm

Wilder will be a walk in the park for Fury. He may as well talke the fight and make some bucks

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:04 pm

Wilder doesn't sell here and fury is a no name there..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:08 pm

I can't see it happening to be honest. Wilder's management are playing it "very" safe at the moment. The big money fights for Wilder are Arreola and Wlad with Klitschko representing the bigger jackpot.

I would actually like to see Fury in with Arreola but it would need a hell of a hype campaign to generate enough of a pay day.

I can't see Price wanting Fury just yet or Chisora for that matter. He is having a warm up fight soon so I'm guessing they are waiting until then to see how he does.

Fury v Chisora given both fighters have improved would also be interesting, again though I would see there needing to be a couple of million on the table.

My view is Fury won't take on a risky fight unless there is substantial reward. It's the reason he sidestepped Price in the first place.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:09 pm

One man's duck is apparently another man's sidestep!

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:16 pm

Always wondered why Chuck Berry was lauded for his duck stepping routine whereas the Nazi's were villified for the goose stepping.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:17 pm

You think Fury is afraid to lose or take a beating? I've never got that impression. He'll happily take a beating if he's paid enough. Isn't that what was going to happen against Haye?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:20 pm

John Cleese is applauded for his Ministry of Silly Walks routine and people chuckle at the Fawlty Towers "Germans" episode when he's goose-stepping through the dining room but you get several hundred thousand of them doing it through Poland and all of a sudden it's a problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:20 pm

superflyweight wrote:Always wondered why Chuck Berry was lauded for his duck stepping routine whereas the Nazi's were villified for the goose stepping.  
Chuck Berry is vilified. Did you forget about the video camera in the ladies toilet?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:23 pm

Strongback wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Always wondered why Chuck Berry was lauded for his duck stepping routine whereas the Nazi's were villified for the goose stepping.  
Chuck Berry is vilified.  Did you forget about the video camera in the ladies toilet?
Totally different thing. We're talking about his duck walk, not his sexual proclivities.

Do pay attention lad, you'll do better in the long run or at the very least ...less worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:26 pm

Did you forget about the video camera in the ladies toilet?.
Just the once, but luckily no one found it and the batteries were extra long life.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:31 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Chuck Berry is vilified.  Did you forget about the video camera in the ladies toilet?
Totally different thing. We're talking about his duck walk, not his sexual proclivities.

Do pay attention lad, you'll do better in the long run or at the very least ...less worse.

I think you are really missing the point of SFW's comment.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:45 pm

Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Whereas I think you're missing the point. I'm sure Super will clarify but I get the impression he feels Berry looked ridiculous and so did the Nazi's but Berry got away with it. Maybe if the Nazi's had sung "My Ding-a-ling" history would have been kinder to them

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:51 pm

Bad English, but very fair play to Fury if this comes off.

Can't think of a fight that'd make him more money (maybe a Chis rematch, but unlikely) or that'll do more for his international profile. It's high risk as Wilder, true to his name, is wild. Quick hands and can bang, far from ideal for someone slightly slow and with susceptible chin, and he doesn't even have the size advantage to swamp and bully like he may have with Haye (and needed for the win v Cunningham).

That said Wilder is all untested hype at the moment with a chin with its own question marks. If Fury lasts the first few rounds he could definitely win this and really make himself a big name, maybe even setting up the money shot - a K bro.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:54 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Wilder in 1
You REALLY don't like Fury do you?? Lol

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:57 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:Wilder in 1
You REALLY don't like Fury do you?? Lol
No, he'd have said Fury to be KO'd during the post weigh-in stare off

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:02 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Whereas I think you're missing the point. I'm sure Super will clarify but I get the impression he feels Berry  looked ridiculous and so did the Nazi's but Berry got away with it. Maybe if the Nazi's had sung "My Ding-a-ling" history would have been kinder to them
Exactly. If Allo Allo taught us nothing else, it's that the Nazi's were funny and the only thing missing from their collective output is a comedy record.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:04 pm

superflyweight wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Whereas I think you're missing the point. I'm sure Super will clarify but I get the impression he feels Berry  looked ridiculous and so did the Nazi's but Berry got away with it. Maybe if the Nazi's had sung "My Ding-a-ling" history would have been kinder to them
Exactly.  If Allo Allo taught us nothing else, it's that the Nazi's were funny and the only thing missing from their collective output is a comedy record.  
You should try reading Mein Kampf, as a work of satire it is the Catch 22 of its generation.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:18 pm

Isn't it a slightly darker version of "The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole aged 13 and 3/4"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:19 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

A duck is not a goose. A duck is not a side step.

The Chuck Berry and Nazi references were purely SFW indulging himself in his particular brand of psuedo intellectualism.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:22 pm

Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

A duck is not a goose.  A duck is not a side step.

The Chuck Berry and Nazi references were purely SFW indulging himself in his particular brand of psuedo intellectualism.
Think you'll find SFW has already cleared that little matter up and whilst no-one can't truly understand what goes on in the lad's head, I was right and you were wrong...not for the first time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:22 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Isn't it a slightly darker version of "The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole aged 13 and 3/4"?
Nah, Townsend can structure a sentence. Nice to see Strongy has found another dance partner in Superfly, hope truss does not feel too jilted.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:28 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Isn't it a slightly darker version of "The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole aged 13 and 3/4"?
Think you are thiking of Anne Frank

Mein Kampf is more like Twilight... Probably

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:32 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Think you are thiking of Anne Frank

Mein Kampf is more like Twilight... Probably
I thought AH's issues with Jews were a metaphor for his teenage spots!

Mind you Twilight is a similarly good comparison as I assume it's also the mad ramblings of disaffected youth who could have done with a bloody good kicking a damn sight sooner than they got one.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:33 pm

Yeah i always thought Twilight was one girls struggle between beastiality and necrophillia

May have missed the point though (much like Mein Kampf)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:34 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Yeah i always thought Twilight was one girls struggle between beastiality and necrophillia
May have missed the point though (much like Mein Kampf)
isn't that "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:40 pm

DAVE667 wrote:isn't that "Fifty Shades of Grey"
Plays a big part in it a believe

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:41 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Think you'll find SFW has already cleared that little matter up and whilst no-one can't truly understand what goes on in the lad's head, I was right and you were wrong...not for the first time.
I think he was keeping your misconception going with his Allo Allo reference. Just having a little sneer at your expense was SFW. All very cryptic, that's how the psuedo intelligent are.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:43 pm

You credit me with too much pseudo intelligence, Strongy.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:43 pm

Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

I think he was keeping your misconception going with his Allo Allo reference.  Just having a little sneer at your expense was SFW.   All very cryptic, that's how the psuedo intelligent are.  
Oh please do shut up, you boring little man...now go away and pick the psuedo intellectual bones out of that one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:53 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

I think he was keeping your misconception going with his Allo Allo reference.  Just having a little sneer at your expense was SFW.   All very cryptic, that's how the psuedo intelligent are.  
Oh please do shut up, you boring little man...now go away and pick the psuedo intellectual bones out of that one!
I'm 6'2.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:00 pm

Rowley wrote:Nice to see Strongy has found another dance partner in Superfly, hope truss does not feel too jilted.

Truss is good value for money.

If I were to check back through my post history I would find all my exchanges with SFW started with him making a snide comment about something I said. His comments towards me normally have a holier than thou ring to them and he seeks to appear rather intelligent when making his put downs.

Frankly I don't know why he is so interested in me.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:03 pm

Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

I'm 6'2.
That may be so but you're an emotional Hobbit.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:03 pm

Jilted.......I'd be best man at their wedding..

In more ways than one..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next