The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury Targets Wilder

+19
Diamond in the rough
hampo17
bhb001
tunes666
John Bloody Wayne
Nico the gman
RanjitPatel
rIck_dAgless
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
Strongback
KingMonkey
Steffan
mobilemaster8
ONETWOFOREVER
captain carrantuohil
hazharrison
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fury Targets Wilder - Page 2 Empty Fury Targets Wilder

Post by Rowley Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:42 am

First topic message reminder :

As the Haye fight now looks to be dead in the water Fury finds himself without an opponent for next February. According to Sky Fury has moved quickly to fill the gap and is targeting unbeaten American hope Deontay Wilder. Also looks like Wilder’s team have not dismissed the possibility. What do folk think of this as a match up. Personally would welcome this as a match up, folk have rightly been calling on Wilder to step up his opposition and Fury certainly represents a level up from the Harrisons of this world.

Would like to see this happen, both fighters still have enough question marks over them to create interest and two unbeaten heavyweights always carries a level of intrigue. Really hope it is Wilder that fills the breach, what do you think about this, should it happen.

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12040/9030705/tyson-fury-targets-meeting-with-deontay-wilder-after-david-haye-cancellation

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Fury Targets Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: Fury Targets Wilder

Post by Strongback Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:07 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Jilted.......I'd be best man at their wedding..

In more ways than one..

Like I said...good value for money.

SFW is just a sneer.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:20 pm

SFW is just a sneer..
Yep, I'm constantly sneering at David Haye, Frank Maloney, Eddie Hearn, the people of Liverpool, people who boo national anthems and generally anything else that provokes minimal levels of indignation in any sane person. That's all I ever do on here. What would you expect from a pseudo intellectual.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:20 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Always wondered why Chuck Berry was lauded for his duck stepping routine whereas the Nazi's were villified for the goose stepping.  
Chuck Berry is vilified.  Did you forget about the video camera in the ladies toilet?
Totally different thing. We're talking about his duck walk, not his sexual proclivities.

Do pay attention lad, you'll do better in the long run or at the very least ...less worse.
I think you are really missing the point of SFW's comment.
Whereas I think you're missing the point. I'm sure Super will clarify but I get the impression he feels Berry  looked ridiculous and so did the Nazi's but Berry got away with it. Maybe if the Nazi's had sung "My Ding-a-ling" history would have been kinder to them
A duck is not a goose.  A duck is not a side step.

The Chuck Berry and Nazi references were purely SFW indulging himself in his particular brand of psuedo intellectualism.
Think you'll find SFW has already cleared that little matter up and whilst no-one can't truly understand what goes on in the lad's head, I was right and you were wrong...not for the first time.
I think he was keeping your misconception going with his Allo Allo reference.  Just having a little sneer at your expense was SFW.   All very cryptic, that's how the psuedo intelligent are.  
Oh please do shut up, you boring little man...now go away and pick the psuedo intellectual bones out of that one!
I'm 6'2.
That may be so but you're an emotional Hobbit.
I don't know why you're having a pop at me. SFW is the guy that was having fun at your expense.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:30 pm

I'd give Price and Chisora a much better chance of beating Wilder than I would Fury to beat Wilder. That's not through overrating Wilder, just think Fury would be caught early and it'll be all over.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:33 pm

If Wilder can't beat Fury he wants to look for another living rather than boxing.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:03 pm

Chisora seems to be doing quite well........

If wilder loses maybe he should spit in a few faces and maybe start a fight with Price at a press conference so some mugs will spend £15 ppv to see the fight of the century 2 down the road..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Always wondered why Chuck Berry was lauded for his duck stepping routine whereas the Nazi's were villified for the goose stepping.  
Chuck Berry is vilified.  Did you forget about the video camera in the ladies toilet?
Totally different thing. We're talking about his duck walk, not his sexual proclivities.

Do pay attention lad, you'll do better in the long run or at the very least ...less worse.
Whereas I think you're missing the point. I'm sure Super will clarify but I get the impression he feels Berry  looked ridiculous and so did the Nazi's but Berry got away with it. Maybe if the Nazi's had sung "My Ding-a-ling" history would have been kinder to them

The Chuck Berry and Nazi references were purely SFW indulging himself in his particular brand of psuedo intellectualism.
Think you'll find SFW has already cleared that little matter up and whilst no-one can't truly understand what goes on in the lad's head, I was right and you were wrong...not for the first time.
I think he was keeping your misconception going with his Allo Allo reference.  Just having a little sneer at your expense was SFW.   All very cryptic, that's how the psuedo intelligent are.  
Oh please do shut up, you boring little man...now go away and pick the psuedo intellectual bones out of that one!
I'm 6'2.
It would be my honour, neh, privilege! if you would make love to my girlfriend just once.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

I'm 6'2.
That may be so but you're an emotional Hobbit.
I don't know why you're having a pop at me. SFW is the guy that was having fun at your expense.  

Because, what with you being such a massive ****, you make it so very easy and enjoyable

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:56 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Wilder has a weak chin. Seen the video of him and Haye sparring he looked like a lanky kid off balance and swinging wildly. I think Fury could ko him but late in the fight.
considering Haye is meant to hit hard I would say after getting caught, staggering a bit, and then piling forward again, His chin looks fine. It was his defense that was a little suspect.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:18 pm

Excellent fight if it happens. Even the loser could come out of it well if it was a good competative fight. But Wilder is too conservative to take this.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:13 am

Wilder has agreed to fight him after they exchanged tweets last night, could be a case of who lands first in this one should it come off.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:58 am

actually think wilder has a great chance of winning but mainly cause i dont rate fury at all

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:18 pm

If Wilder's management want to risk it then it's the first great match-up of the rising stars.

I'm not overly convinced by either operator but Fury has a lot more experience which I feel would see him through if he can avoid getting KO'd early.

As it's Wilder though I'll believe it when I see him signing the contract.

Would it be in America? I think that's where the money is.  Fury v Wilder would never be PPV in the UK and it doesn't do much on Channel 5. Maybe Warren could throw some subscription money at it.

It could go on the undercard of a big Goldenboy PPV promotion. Good exposure for Fury also.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:25 pm

In Cunn, Del and Kingpin, Fury has three greater victories than anything on Wilder's ledger. Big step up for the American (tragic as that may be) so I don't think this is clear cut either way.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Wilder beat the former WBF HW Champion of the World, a man who so terrified David Haye that Haye refused to throw any punches (before literally smacking the snot out of him 2 minutes later).

Audley trumps all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Figuratively smacking the snot out of him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:50 pm

No, he literally smacked the snot out of him!

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:51 pm

He really did. It was amazing.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:54 pm

He almost certainly did not.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:59 pm

How did you miss it? It was literally strung out across his face.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:00 pm

Rowley wrote:He almost certainly did not.
Did you not watch the fight Rowls?

Assume you didn't see the massive trail of bogey hanging from Fraudley's face as he regained consciousness??

So no grammar police needed he, Haye literally did knock snot clean out of Audley's nose.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:02 pm

Suspect the first two rounds had figuratively put me in a coma.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:51 pm

Rowley wrote:Suspect the first two rounds had figuratively put me in a coma.
Fair enough, I'll take it that's as close as we'll get to an apology.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:52 pm

No apology from me, I was right, you were all wrong. I am not insecure enough to need an apology.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Rowley wrote:No apology from me, I was right, you were all wrong. I am not insecure enough to need an apology.
Just as well cos I'm not wrong enough to offer one...which I wouldn't anyway...because you're wrong...and I'm right...literally!

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:32 am

So Team Fury contacts Wilder then.... Nothing.....

They don't want any part of Wilder.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:03 am

I hope this fight gets made. Wilder to win if it happens.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:32 am

Rowley wrote:No apology from me, I was right, you were all wrong. I am not insecure enough to need an apology.
Just too insecure to offer one....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:43 pm

I suspect Wilder will hit him in the head with his handfist and Fury will lose his balance for a while.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:57 pm

I think it's a great fight from a viewing spectacle standpoint, and obviously for the winner. Both are freakishly tall and long limbed. Both have vulnerabilities, though Wilder has faced such shockingly bad opposition for so long, he hasn't had to worry about his chin. Fury obviously has been down a couple of times in the pro game, but has fought slightly better opposition, though not necessarily dangerous opponents either.

I'd give Fury the edge IF he can stay composed!! Think the KO will come somewhere down the stretch for him. But that's a big IF and Wilder only has to land once with that right hand.

Really hope this fight pushes through.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:08 am

Looking like this has back fired on mick Hennissey. Richard Schaffer has said he's up for the the fight (as long as it's 50:50). That wilder will travel, but that mick hasn't been returning his calls. Saying all that, I'm not sure sky could market the fight ppv without haye.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=dan-rafael&id=6520&src=desktop

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:25 am

I want this fight to happen, but there is no way it could be made as a PPV. If, and this is a big if given the level of opponent that Wilder especially has faced, it could be turned into an eliminator for a fight with Wlad, then possibly it could be PPV, but much better for it to be on a sky sport or Channel 5.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:56 am

jimdig wrote:Looking like this has back fired on mick Hennissey. Richard Schaffer has said he's up for the the fight (as long as it's 50:50). That wilder will travel, but that mick hasn't been returning his calls. Saying all that, I'm not sure sky could market the fight ppv without haye.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=dan-rafael&id=6520&src=desktop

Would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. You suspect if Mick had Manny and Floyd's name on a contract to fight he would struggle to get in a venue bigger than a leisure centre or convince a TV network to show it. He has to be the worlds worst promoter.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:13 am

jimdig wrote:Looking like this has back fired on mick Hennissey. Richard Schaffer has said he's up for the the fight (as long as it's 50:50). That wilder will travel, but that mick hasn't been returning his calls. Saying all that, I'm not sure sky could market the fight ppv without haye.

Interesting article. Schaffer is generating a few headlines himself with his comments. I take it that the build-up to this fight has begun, the American's seem to like putting all the contract negotiations into the press, I suppose it builds the hype.

If Hennessy can deliver Sky PPV this fights a runner. The Fury's have had a big pay day dangled in front of them for so long they'll jump at this opportunity. The fight would sell out the MEN if promoted well.

The fly in the ointment could be Mick. He needs to work this one hard, there's a lot of money in it for him.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:18 am

Rowley wrote:

Would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. You suspect if Mick had Manny and Floyd's name on a contract to fight he would struggle to get in a venue bigger than a leisure centre or convince a TV network to show it. He has to be the worlds worst promoter.

I'm glad to read that, I was starting to think abusing promoters was a no go around here.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:19 am

I've always wondered how he manages to bumble his fighters into a semi-successful career. Frank could probably spin fury into the right hand of god especially in the trash talk age. Has any of you watched "the practice" - a american series about a law firm? its worth watching the decent series just for Harland Basset - The worlds worst Lawyer and he reminds me of Hennessy.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:50 am

Your right Jeff, mick sure does come off an incompidant in a cheap suit. Fury needs a fight of consequence.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2