The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Groves v Degale who wins now ?

4 posters

Go down

Groves v Degale who wins now ? Empty Groves v Degale who wins now ?

Post by Nico the gman Sun 24 Nov 2013, 9:59 pm

After watching the world class performance Groves put up against Froch,what would happen if a Groves, Degale rematch happens.

Groves for me has improved leaps and bounds and Degale doesn't appear to have improved at all,Groves takes the fight to Degale like he did against Froch and he knocks Degale out, Groves was cagey in the 1st fight, he doesn't need to be in the rematch, good jab, fast hands and excellent power,

Degales management should avoid Groves like the plague IMO.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Groves v Degale who wins now ? Empty Re: Groves v Degale who wins now ?

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 25 Nov 2013, 7:58 am

I think Groves has improved by a mile and learnt a hell of a lot more. His style now is much more polished than when he fought DeGale....whereas DeGale has been making hard work of lower level opponents and is basically looking worse than when he first appeared as a pro.

I'd have it about 65-35 in Groves favor now whereas I would have had it 70-30 in Degales favor back then. Groves power, speed and frame of mind (knowing when to clinch etc) are all the winning factors. James hasn't got the power to hurt George.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 25 Nov 2013, 8:57 am

Think the same, Dee.

George carries some.serious power. If you can knock froch near enough clean out with one punch, then you have world power.

De gale goes to the ropes far too much so could be a disaster for him.

However, he is very elusive compared to froch and whilst he does not hit as hard, he can box very very well at times.

Id go, for now, with a similar outcome to the first.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 25 Nov 2013, 9:13 am

Yea, although DeGale may be very elusive but Pete the Pole and other since lower level fighters he has faced in the frozen food aisle at the shopping centre have been able to tag him pretty easily.

I think DeGale was far more elusive a while back but even though he still does better and wins more rounds, he still gets hit far too many times, and the way Groves' power has come on recently I'd say he too will get dropped at some point.

As you say, if Froch can get crumbled like he did then DeGale too will sink. Whether he stays there is another matter but in terms of improvement, Groves has have defiantly taken a few more steps forward.

DeGale must actually be reeling after Saturday. Groves is now in a league of champions now and will surely be earning big dough. Whereas DeGale will still be stuck in Hennessys Haunted House of fighters.

Must be a bitter pill to swallow due to the bad blood between them.

I can see DeGale being a Junior Witter type to Groves.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 25 Nov 2013, 9:25 am

Groves has improved to being world level now (handed a world champ and divisional #2 his backside) whereas JdG has gone nowhere.

Still have a sneaky suspicion DeGale can 'rise to the occasion' a bit more and is suffering slightly due to lack of interest/exposure and some mediocre opposition.

But think it's GG LKO or wider points decision if they fought again in 2014.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 25 Nov 2013, 9:49 am

Yep agree with all points above. Shame really, would like to see degale on a good card under Hearn or any decent promoter.

Has bags of talent but having less then great fighters thrown in front of you at ASDA must be demoralizing

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down