The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+28
kouchi
Hibbz
hend085
Shotrock
BlueCoverman
golfermartin
Plunky
Doc
Bob_the_Job
I'm never wrong
puligny
dynamark
barragan
Roller_Coaster
westisbest
MustPuttBetter
lorus59
beninho
SmithersJones
JAS
pedro
1GrumpyGolfer
Davie
kwinigolfer
raycastleunited
navyblueshorts
McLaren
mystiroakey
32 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 03 Dec 2013, 2:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

That's why these pursuits should be undertaken in videogames and not in real life. Real life has a nasty habit of finding you out to be the hopeless loser you don't think you are.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:10 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:For SR

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/27/scandinavian-miracle-brutal-truth-denmark-norway-sweden

Quite entertaining  OK . Ta for that Mysti. Grass isn't always greener is it?

In the case of women, yes. It certainly is.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by mystiroakey Wed 29 Jan 2014, 10:03 pm

Back on the Justin Berber thingy.

The Americans want him deported for this drunken drag race he was involved in. They have 100,000 signatures on a petition...

Bieber was actually caught doing 34 in a 30. With a blood/alcohol reading of .04.

Bear in mind that if he was 21 years of age he couldn't be done for drink driving due to that low reading . The offence is because he is under 21...

I am no beiber fan. But this is nonsense.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 29 Jan 2014, 10:39 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Back on the Justin Berber thingy.

The Americans want him deported for this drunken drag race he was involved in. They have 100,000 signatures on a petition...

Bieber was actually caught doing 34 in a 30. With a blood/alcohol reading of .04.

Bear in mind that if he was 21 years of age he couldn't be done for drink driving due to that low reading . The offence is because he is under 21...

I'd say the death sentence wasn't too harsh for this sort of offence.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 29 Jan 2014, 10:41 pm

What drinking over the age of 18 but under 21. And the equivalent of half a pint!

Because that is the only offence

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 29 Jan 2014, 11:23 pm

super_realist wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:Back on the Justin Berber thingy.

I'd say the death sentence wasn't too harsh for this sort of offence.
Don't be Pontius Pilatus! Already too many beleibers out there.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 30 Jan 2014, 7:20 am

It might surprise you super, but I am no fan of most the opinion pieces, like the one mysti posted, in the Guardian.  

The author seems to have focussed on some rather trivial topics to decide if scandanavia is all it is cracked up to be.  What would be more relevant is how it treats its poor, access to healthcare, social mobility etc.  Not what inconveniences a middle class chap living in these countries has to deal with.

The mentioning of the Finland school shooting is just absurd.  Is Britain sh!t because of Dunblane?

The only empirical evidence cited is for the votes gained by some right wing parties(in at least there is something for super to vote for) in a couple of the nations.  Which are considerably less than the votes gained by the right wing in the UK.

As super would say, the usual nonsense from the Guardian.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 30 Jan 2014, 7:55 am

Very good Mac, quite a refreshing surprise.
If Norway is Islamaphobic, I don't see any problem with that, I'm "phobic" in regard to all religions just as I am "phobic" in regard to beliefs in bigfoot or leprechauns, they don't deserve any respect or special pleading, tax breaks, influence in society, politics, education etc. I'm not against the people personally, they can play with their toys in their own homes, but I am against the hysterically stupid beliefs of such people once they try and get special dispensation for it elsewhere.

As for how they treat their poor, pensions, elderly, heathcare, childcare etc are really very good in Scandinavia, hence the high ratings by the likes of WHO/UNESCO etc.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:41 am

Your scared of religion? You don't have to agree with it but to be actually scared is something strange.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:47 am

beninho wrote:Your scared of religion? You don't have to agree with it but to be actually scared is something strange.

Phobic probably being the wrong description, i'm not afraid of it,  but I actively hate all religion.

TO be Islamophobic isn't to be scared of it, it's to be prejudice against it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 30 Jan 2014, 10:34 am

Mac.

Middle of the road journalism doesn't work as well, it can lack effect.

To counter SR's love in, that guardian article is a very good leveller

You can talk about how other nations treat there poor as your basis of worth. But SR is very much the middle class warrior..

The article didn't lie. But it brought up the realities of a place were many have thought of as utopia . The place simply isn't .. That's all.

They have many problems but overall it's a great place to live, just like the UK, just like many other nations..

By the way I think you need to get out to Sudan or something and start doing some kind of charity work for the poor..It would suit you, and you might feel like you have done something worthwhile..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 30 Jan 2014, 10:35 am

Why not be afraid of religion?

It has been known to cause the odd conflict here and there.

Not to mention the role it still plays in forming policy, even in places like the uk. Need we go on?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 30 Jan 2014, 12:56 pm

religion does not cause conflict, people do. they may do it in the name of religion. But i am sure no religion recommends warfare in any way. Crazy people use religion to match whatever crazy idea they have.

Be afraid of people and not afraid of religion.

I am not very religious.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 30 Jan 2014, 1:06 pm

beninho wrote:religion does not cause conflict, people do. they may do it in the name of religion. But i am sure no religion recommends warfare in any way. Crazy people use religion to match whatever crazy idea they have.

I am not very religious.

Have you never read The Bible? It sanctions all sorts of disgusting and immoral things, and it is the guidebook for Christians, so yes, religion is awful and people believing in any religion are mad.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 30 Jan 2014, 1:15 pm

Madness is a funny one isnt it SR. There are so many religious out there, are they really Mad?

Or are they just happy to have faith and believe in something that can never be proven, because it gives them a better existence..

Did you know that a good first sign of madness is spotting madness everywhere you look? It is everywhere if you look hard enough. Probably isn't best to spot weaknesses in everything though mate...

I would call it a trait. Just like I cant spell. Just like you are grumpy.. Just like Mac likes young girls and boys, Kwini lives in America, Incont is Irish, Hibbz is a know it all ,etc

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 30 Jan 2014, 1:17 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:religion does not cause conflict, people do. they may do it in the name of religion. But i am sure no religion recommends warfare in any way. Crazy people use religion to match whatever crazy idea they have.

I am not very religious.

Have you never read The Bible? It sanctions all sorts of disgusting and immoral things, and it is the guidebook for Christians, so yes, religion is awful and people believing in any religion are mad.
That's the Old Testament super, which most people will take with a large pinch of salt. The New Testament is more positive.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 30 Jan 2014, 1:23 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Madness is a funny one isnt it SR. There are so many religious out there, are they really Mad?

Or are they just happy to have faith and believe in something that can never be proven, because it gives them a better existence..

Did you know that a good first sign of madness is spotting madness everywhere you look? It is everywhere if you look hard enough. Probably isn't best to spot weaknesses in everything though mate...

I would call it a trait. Just like I cant spell. Just like you are grumpy.. Just like Mac likes young girls and boys, Kwini lives in America, Incont is Irish, Hibbz is a know it all ,etc

That's what you call an appeal to popularity Oakey whilst "faith" is just another word for being gullibility. If you had a good reason, you don't need faith.

I said they can play with their toys at home if they want, no harm in that, but it's influence in society is what is unfair and completely ridiculous. It's no different to believing in Bigfoot, or the Loch Ness Monster and we don't allow people who believe in that to get special dispensation, tax breaks etc.

I didn't mean they were literally mad, I was saying it in the figurative way.

Everyone used to believe the world was flat, were they right?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 30 Jan 2014, 1:25 pm

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I am not very religious.

That's the Old Testament super, which most people will take with a large pinch of salt. The New Testament is more positive.

It's not much better, it still condones slavery and contains loads of other immoral, hypocritical and stupid things. Funny how religious people just pick and choose what suits them.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 30 Jan 2014, 1:55 pm

Looks like Schumachers doctors are attempting to bring him out of the coma.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25963926
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 30 Jan 2014, 1:59 pm

incontinentia wrote:Looks like Schumachers doctors are attempting to bring him out of the coma.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25963926

Got to be good news. Hope his recovery is good. Speaking of which, of to Austria tomorrow.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 30 Jan 2014, 2:02 pm

Lucky sod..

Have a good one

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 30 Jan 2014, 2:05 pm

After reading the numerous BBC articles and commentary from neurologists etc it doesn't sound very encouraging, but who knows.

Enjoy your trip super, don't stray off the piste  Wink 
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 30 Jan 2014, 2:07 pm

incontinentia wrote:After reading the numerous BBC articles and commentary from neurologists etc it doesn't sound very encouraging, but who knows.

Be off piste about 75% of the time if conditions suit Inco.  guinness 

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 30 Jan 2014, 3:54 pm

incontinentia wrote:After reading the numerous BBC articles and commentary from neurologists etc it doesn't sound very encouraging, but who knows.

Ah yes, but the one thing all those neurologists are right about is that they don't know what the long-term outcome will be. The brain's a funny thing at the end of the day. He may be hugely handicapped for the rest of his life or, basically, exactly his old self. Only time will tell.

Have a good one S_R. Wear a bone dome...you know it makes sense Smile Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 4278589029 .
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 30 Jan 2014, 4:09 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:

Ah yes, but the one thing all those neurologists are right about is that they don't know what the long-term outcome will be. The brain's a funny thing at the end of the day. He may be hugely handicapped for the rest of his life or, basically, exactly his old self. Only time will tell.

Have a good one S_R. Wear a bone dome...you know it makes sense Smile Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 4278589029 .

Trouble with a "bone dome" is I see a lot of people out of control wearing them because they have a sense of invincibility and take more risks. Generally they are a good thing, but not always.
I don't fall into the reckless bracket, but yes, wearing a helmet wouldn't do me any harm.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 30 Jan 2014, 4:52 pm

Have fun s_r,

mysti:
Remember that Bieber had admitted to police that he had had a drink, used marijuana and had ingested other medication. And that's what toxicology reports revealed.
I seriously doubt we'd want any police department to act differently, even Whyteleafe's.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 30 Jan 2014, 4:59 pm

I'm signing up for the church of the fonz...

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 30 Jan 2014, 9:05 pm

beninho wrote:I'm signing up for the church of the fonz...
Heeeeyyyyyyyyy!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 30 Jan 2014, 10:07 pm

super, People are born into religion, not into believing in Bigfoot. And with the majority of people being less intelligent than you and I, you sort of have to excuse most of them.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 30 Jan 2014, 11:41 pm

This is exactly why we need to combat the intrusion of religion into public policy.

Gove to allow creationist schools (Guardian)

Religion is not compatible with science or any other form of reasoning and when the government fails to notice this we have an issue.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 31 Jan 2014, 12:04 am

Some reasonable points made here.

http://www.earthage.org/youngearthev/evidence_for_a_young_earth.html
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 31 Jan 2014, 12:06 am

I am not very religious.

Is it me or does that sound very NRA? Guns don't kill people, people do. As Eddie Izzard said, if that's the case you won't mind if I shut you in a room with an armed monkey?
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 31 Jan 2014, 12:17 am

incontinentia wrote:Some reasonable points made here.

http://www.earthage.org/youngearthev/evidence_for_a_young_earth.html

I am converted. Thanks

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 31 Jan 2014, 1:37 am

kwinigolfer wrote:Have fun s_r,

mysti:
Remember that Bieber had admitted to police that he had had a drink, used marijuana and had ingested other medication. And that's what toxicology reports revealed.
I seriously doubt we'd want any police department to act differently, even Whyteleafe's.

Did he? I didn't know.. All I heard was that he was out of his mind drunk drag racing, then a few weeks later heard he was doing at 34 miles an hour with a reading of 0.04....

Anyway I can't believe this thing is even a story tbh. Musicians are just not the same these days. Most rock stars wouldn't be caught dead with such low toxicology readings in the golden age of music..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 03 Feb 2014, 1:12 am

Anyone else think that the superbowl (in particular the half time show) might be the biggest recruitment tool used by those looking to find young chaps willing to fly a plane into a tall building?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 03 Feb 2014, 8:46 am

Really? How so Mac? Didn't watch it but somehow, I seriously doubt it.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 03 Feb 2014, 9:21 am

No you are right. I think I failed to see what an uplifting event it is, no matter what your ideology or perception of America. Some things just transcend hate, the superbowl is one of them.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 03 Feb 2014, 11:10 am

RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman, what a great actor.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 03 Feb 2014, 11:16 am

Aye Incont..

An actor that I enjoyed so much I would watch films just for him..

Sad the way he ended up like his character in "before the devil knows your dead"..

Such a waste, complete idiot. But great guy, RIP.

On the superbowl. I watched it last night/this morning for the first time ever. It was the most boring one sided affair of any sporting contest I have witnessed. Shame.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 03 Feb 2014, 11:27 am

Bit harsh calling him an idiot mysti, he was an addict.

You weren't radicalised by the super bowl??
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 03 Feb 2014, 11:31 am

no its not harsh. I rated him so highly- I allways looked forward to his films, in any genre. Anyone becoming an addict is acting like an Idiot in my eyes..

It doesn't mean I dont feel for him or his family, just that he made some idiotic choices and paid the ultimate price.

That super bowl was the worst sporting event I have ever witnessed.. No I wasn't radicalised by Islam or American sport

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 03 Feb 2014, 9:15 pm

incontinentia wrote:RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman, what a great actor.
His "acting" got him off the hook in the finale of "Scent of a Woman". Remember that film? Hooooh-ahh.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Mon 03 Feb 2014, 9:42 pm

I thought he was brilliant in "Almost Famous" ... not a big role, but he was perfect for it.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:26 am

The only person that could hold a candle to Cruise in Mission Impossible. How that film didn't get an Oscar nod is beyond me.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:44 am

Monty you are joking - right?

Alnost famous is a great film.

My fav Hoffman films.

Magnolia
Boogie Nights
The Master
When the devil Knows you are dead
Moneyball
The boat that Rocked
Doubt
Punch Drunk Love
The talented Mr Ripley

But I couldn't get through Capote - his Oscar winning performance. To be fair he probably played the fella perfectly.. Still his Voice grated on me to much at the time.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 04 Feb 2014, 11:22 am

Anyone Played Royal Zoute in Belgium..

Booking my annual trip..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 04 Feb 2014, 11:25 am

Red Dragon was on the other night. PSH glued to a wheelchair and set alight by Francis Dolarhyde- classic cinema.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 04 Feb 2014, 11:28 am

Haven't played it mysti. Only been to Belgium once. My favourite part was the plane journey home. Has to be the most boring place on earth. The film In Bruges highlights this well.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 04 Feb 2014, 11:36 am

I love brugge mate.. I go alot.

I will go Amsterdam a couple of days first play Hilversumsche GC which is supposedly awesome.

Then chill back in Brugge with some Beer and more golf.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 04 Feb 2014, 12:06 pm

Sometimes you have to love the special one

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26027457
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 04 Feb 2014, 12:08 pm

I love him Mac.

Im serious.

RARR ARRRA RRA , screming in his scottish.

laughing 

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next