The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Post!

+2
Notch
Bazzer79
6 posters

Go down

First Post! Empty First Post!

Post by Bazzer79 Wed 18 May - 16:13

Hi to all you fellow 606v2 members. Just registered, come across from the BBC 606 site. Shame that there is obvioulsy some sort of firewall for this site as I'm restricted to only 60mins access a day from work? furious

What am I supposed to do for the other 9 hrs that I'm getting paid???? Whistle

Good luck to my side Quins on Friday night, it's about time for some silverware. Also good luck to the Saints, lets hope they can bounce back from the loss on Saturday and produce the kind of performance they'll need if Leinster are on form (which inevitably they will be!). Not sure how well the tag of favourites sits with Irish sides though?

Bazzer79

Back to top Go down

First Post! Empty Re: First Post!

Post by Notch Wed 18 May - 16:20

Yo!

Good to see ya over here. If you're looking for a bit more lighthearted chat and off-topic banter, as well as rugby talk, I'd recommend the local hostelry which you can see at the top of the page.

As for the weekend, I really, really hope Quins beat Stade. That would be excellent. Are you going to the game? I know a lot of posters from these parts are.

As for the Saints, there's hardly ever more than one score in a European final. They are always tight games- I'd just be concerned that their midfield is so one-dimensional compared to Leinsters. No doubt if they are matched in the scrum, Leinster have much more strike power behind.

This Leinster side has beaten Racing Metro, Saracens, Clermont Auvergne, Leiceser Tigers and Toulouse on their way here. They are serious operators, they can't slip up now... would be some famous last words ;-)

If the game is won for Saints, it will be their tight five who win it. They need to not just win their battle but dominate it. Otherwise it will be a blue day for Saints fans. Or maybe not. What do I know? 'Nathin!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 18 May - 17:11

Nice one, I am new on here today as well, and although I was a bit weary at first, I am now already getting used to the place. Goodbye 606, hello 606v2. Welcome aboard.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 May - 17:21

Welcome Bazzer, hope you enjoy it here!

Not sure who I wan't to win in the Amlin final, which is a bit unusual for me, but I shall be cheering Leinster on all the way in the Heineken!

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Wed 18 May - 19:40

I have a lot of admiration for Conor O'Shea, Quins and their fans. On the flip side I have zero respect for Stade, Mad Max, Dupuy & Attoub. Picking a side to cheer for on Friday was not a particularly difficult decision.

I think Quins fans have suffered (and been made to suffer) enough from the bloodgate events. Something if we're all honest we all thought "Phew, that could have been us".

Good luck to Quins and hope to see them in the Heineken next year as Amlin winners.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 18 May - 19:44

Yep, I'd love to see Quins back in the HC!

I actually wouldn't be adverse to Stade getting back into the HC either, but that's because Ulster and Stade have a big European rivalry. We've played 11 times in the Heineken Cup, and it's currently 6-5 to Stade. I;d love a chance to turn that record around!

All the same, Conor O'Shea deserves this chance of glory and the way they played at Thomond- spectacular!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 18 May - 22:33

I'm cheering for Quins as well and not because of Stade but because I think they can win.
Welcome over to v2 all the new guys (and gals)
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 24 May - 16:59

That wasn't a bad first post. After all it took the first half for Leinster to work out what they were doing. That may well have been the favourite tag.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down