The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacman v Bradley 2 / Floyd v Khan early prediction thread

+10
catchweight
TopHat24/7
wheelchair1991
ONETWOFOREVER
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
J.Benson II
TRUSSMAN66
mobilemaster8
KC
Rodney
14 posters

Go down

Pacman v Bradley 2 / Floyd v Khan early prediction thread Empty Pacman v Bradley 2 / Floyd v Khan early prediction thread

Post by Rodney Wed 22 Jan 2014, 9:02 am

Although neither finalised, it's pretty likely these matches will be officially inked in for April and May.

How do you see these going ? Can Pacquiao gain rightful revenge ? Does Khan have a chance of lasting the distance ?

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Pacman v Bradley 2 / Floyd v Khan early prediction thread Empty Re: Pacman v Bradley 2 / Floyd v Khan early prediction thread

Post by KC Wed 22 Jan 2014, 9:15 am

I would back Bradley to win on points (possibly close), Tim has got better since the 1st fight whereas Pacman has declined and beating a made-for-him Rios doesn't cover up the cracks as far as I'm concerned.

Khan to cause Floyd a few problems early with his speed before he gets found out and beaten comfortably on points or ko'd late, a moral victory for Khan would be if he was still causing problems for Floyd after 5.

KC

Back to top Go down

Pacman v Bradley 2 / Floyd v Khan early prediction thread Empty Re: Pacman v Bradley 2 / Floyd v Khan early prediction thread

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 9:32 am

Tough fight to call between Manny and Tim. Tim has a cracking chin, great stamina, workrate, good boxing ability.....which could cause problems.

But, if pacman decides to be brutal like he did against Marg/Cotto, then he may just rip Bradley to bits.

Id go with either a Bradley UD or Pacman LKO depending on how both fight.

Mayweather vs Khan is easy. Floyd via LKO. No question asked.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 3:32 pm

Paccy won't decide to do anything..........He is one dimensional but it's a great dimension.....

Has Bradley improved ????.........Don't know... had a sapping war since Manny 1 and If he struggled with Paccy's style before my guess is he struggles now........

Will Paccy have the same stamina ??.........Fathertime must be calling as it is with Floyd...

Hard to call........I'll go Manny by close decision.......

Mayweather to come from behind to beat Khan in 6............Khan's reach and jab to cause trouble early.....But I imagine he will get tagged..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2014, 3:38 pm

Khan to walk onto one having given Floyd problems*

*in the eyes of the commentary team and pretty much no-one else.

Floyd to view Khan flurries as being on a par with being attacked by a particularly angry and persistant butterfly. Floyd to land a straight right hand within nanoseconds of Jim Watt saying "Eff he cun keep thas op, he's gunty cors a massuv upseyt!" closely followed by "A knuu thas wus gunty happun, et wus cleeear us day!"

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 3:42 pm

Khan is taller with a crisp quick jab..........I imagine he won't be outboxed...........

One can argue Leonard was a better "boxer" than Tommy.........But it didn't matter..The height, reach and crisp jab levelled that out.......

No one has ever outboxed khan.......Hard to outbox a tall guy with a great jab........Three inches taller..As Hearns was.......

However that's not to say it's a great matchup......Or that Khan is the right guy to fight Mayweather.......with others more deserving..

But logistically he poses problems before he is caught.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2014, 3:50 pm

Khan's issue will be mental as he's facing the finest boxer of his generation. Khan's self belief will take him only so far. As much like Tyson (but for very different reasons) Floyd's opponents will be filled with doubt as to whether or not they possess the necessary attributes to beat him given those that have already tried and failed. Khan will know better boxers than him have come up short so he'll already be asking himself if he's got enough in the locker for the task ahead.

He'll be under no illusion that his chin isn't the greatest and know full well that you don't have to be a massive puncher to have him in trouble. he'll also know deep down whether or not Hunter has made enough improvements in his game to get the job done and, given wheat we've seen thus far, it's going to have to be pretty bloody remarkable.

Most Floyd opponents are now left with one game plan..hope against hope that Floyd is getting bored and doesn't really fancing going through the gears.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 22 Jan 2014, 3:52 pm

Paquaio UD Bradley
Mayweather LTKO Khan

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 3:57 pm

You make good points..........I imagine with Mayweather, Manny types a lot of opponents are beaten before the bell..........A bit like playing O'sullivan, Nadal, Taylor and Woods..

However some do rise to the challenge thinking they have nothing to lose...

Khan to me seems to be in the latter group.......

His big problem is he is stupid in the ring.........and will give you a chance you shouldn't have.....He was murdering Petersen before he played MACHO....... and outboxing Garcia..........

He has all the gear but no idea..

but until he's caught I expect him to be ahead.........

No one outboxed Tommy either........

You can be as skilled as you want but height, reach and a crisp quick jab are great levellers..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:06 pm

Pacquiao vs Bradley 2 is the more intriguing fight to call. Yes I agree with the masses that had Pacquiao winning the first fight but while it was comfortable victory in my eyes I still had it 116-112, Bradley seemed to win the last couple and was coming on well

If they do fight in April it would be 22 months after the first fight. Bradley is now 30 and coming off the best win of his career and with some buzz behind him after a great war with Provodnikov. Since the first fight Pacquiao is now 35 and since Bradley has had 2 fights, one of which he was pancaked and the other he fought an overmatched opponent.

If Bradley can start a lot faster then the first fight he may outwork Manny over the distance and I think he can take Manny's power as he did in the first fight and Manny hasn't scored a knock out since Cotto in 2009

Floyd-Khan is easy, if Danny Garcia can time and counter him then so can Floyd. Floyd takes over after the second round when Khan slows down and can't hit anything other than air and floyd will push him back and beat him up at his own pace, eventually scoring a KO to keep the paying customers happy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:10 pm

Barkley timed and countered Hearns ...S**T happens....

Cooper - Ali......Schmelling - Louis.....Galento-Louis........Braddock-Louis.........

Way too simplistic................Maidana, petersen, Judah, Paulie, mcloskey couldn't get him out of there...

Khan is a good fighter remember that......All you hear about are his negatives...People make it sound like he's a plodding novice..

A bit like former p4per Hatton who only lost to two living legends is garbage on here.. and calzaghe overrated also...

I don't like Khan but he does deserve more respect.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Barkley timed and countered Hearns ...S**T happens....

Cooper - Ali......

Way too simplistic................Maidana, petersen, Judah, Paulie couldn't get him out of there...

Khan is a good fighter remember that......All you hear about are his negatives...People make it sound like he's a plodding novice..

A bit like former p4per Hatton who only lost to two living legends is garbage on here.. and calzaghe overrated also...

Hatton is respected here

Calzaghe has to be overrated as he never fought anyone close to a live opponent

Khan just see's dollor signs. I know you prefer fighters who can fianancially look after their families but us true boxing fans expect a little more.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:25 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Cooper - Ali......

Way too simplistic................Maidana, petersen, Judah, Paulie couldn't get him out of there...

Hatton is respected here

Khan just see's dollor signs. I know you prefer fighters who can fianancially look after their families but us true boxing fans expect a little more.

Kessler wasn't a live opponent? ok........

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:26 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Cooper - Ali......

Hatton is respected here

It's ONETWO.....Mate.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Way too simplistic................Maidana, petersen, Judah, Paulie, mcloskey couldn't get him out of there...

Yea but none of those fighters are top quality fighters are they? especially not Mcloskey who I have no idea why you even mentioned him

I'd say that Maidana is the best of them and that was over 3 years ago and I'd pick the much improved Maidana who beat Broner to KO the Khan who struggled life and death against a relative journeyman in Diaz

Khan is a decent fighter, but he's horribly out of form and we haven't seen him in a good performance for about 2 years hence why I can't see it being competitive as Floyd has barely missed a step despite his age. He's just a much better boxer than Khan is, and he'll love Khan's offensive style as it'll give him lots of chances to pick holes and there are a LOT of holes in Khan's defence

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:34 pm

They are top fighters...........They may not be legends.......But Maidana is a top fighter.....WTF has Martinez beaten...........

Williams, Past -his-best Pavlik and Chavez top fighters ??........If they are ................Maidana, Judah and Paulie count...

Although williams win over Lady-boy is looking beter...But you catch my drift..

Khan is a very good boxer............He isn't the best opponent but he's no slouch....

Only Garcia has beaten a not-green Khan and even he was being bested at the time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
wheelchair1991 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Cooper - Ali......

Hatton is respected here

It's ONETWO.....Mate.

Kessler haha

please don't make me laugh mate. He could'nt figure caveman warrior Froch out yet a novice like Groves can expose Froch quite easily.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:They are top fighters...........They may not be legends.......But Maidana is a top fighter.....WTF has Martinez beaten...........

Williams, Past -his-best Pavlik and Chavez  top fighters ??........If they are ................Maidana, Judah and Paulie count...

Although williams win over Lady-boy is looking beter...But you catch my drift..

Khan is a very good boxer............He isn't the best opponent but he's no slouch....

Only Garcia has beaten a not-green Khan and even he was being bested at the time..

Please STOP with this bull about Khan outboxing Garcia.

Give Garcia CREDIT please

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:41 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Khan is a decent fighter, but he's horribly out of form and we haven't seen him in a good performance for about 2 years

Pretty much sums it up for me.
Khan is a good fighter and has some decent wins on his record. But his stock is at its lowest point since the Prescott loss.
If he was fighting Mayweather after KO'ing Judah than I think this would have been a respectable match-up, but now it just gives the accusations of Mayweather being a cherry-picker, more credability.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:43 pm

Can give Garcia credit (why not?) but still say Khan was out-boxing him.

Garcia had a good game plan and executed it perfectly. For that credit is due. But just because he won does not mean his winning the boxing match.

Re the OP, Khan-PBF to go the same way as Hatton-PBF, Pac-Brad II to go the same way as Pac-Brad I except the correct decision this time.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:They are top fighters...........They may not be legends.......But Maidana is a top fighter.....WTF has Martinez beaten...........

Williams, Past -his-best Pavlik and Chavez  top fighters ??........If they are ................Maidana, Judah and Paulie count...

Yes I'd say wins over Williams and Pavlik are much better wins than anything Khan has his record, and Martinez also has the added benefit that he hasn't lost for ages

Pavlik was a feared MW with one loss to Bhop at 170 and Williams was one of the most avoided boxers at present. Maidana was a tough guy with a big punch but there to be beaten, Paulie is featherfisted and if Pavlik was past his best then what can we call Judah?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:47 pm

Pavlik isn't as good a win as Maidana..........end of..

Just stop it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Pavlik isn't as good a win as Maidana..........end of..

Just stop it...

You stop it

Pavlik was THEE middleweight champ, Maidana was dropped SIX yes SIX times by Ortiz.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:55 pm

Pavlik never beat anybody Broner's league............Chuck in Soto and Morales..........

Pavlik lost to a 45 year old Man.......

Take Jermain taylor out who got stopped by in your words "Average" Carl froch what else is there ..

Carlos Maussa was WBA 140 pound champ.........so what.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:56 pm

Ahhhh, wondered how Truss was going to shoe-horn PBF MkII's greatness into the argument......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:59 pm

Wonder by all means but don't get involved in the debate with your scant knowledge....

Pavlik is a former middleweight champ by the way.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 5:00 pm

laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 5:02 pm

KC wrote:I would back Bradley to win on points (possibly close), Tim has got better since the 1st fight whereas Pacman has declined and beating a made-for-him Rios doesn't cover up the cracks as far as I'm concerned.

Khan to cause Floyd a few problems early with his speed before he gets found out and beaten comfortably on points or ko'd late, a moral victory for Khan would be if he was still causing problems for Floyd after 5.

Not sure anyone can say Paccy has declined.............I remember KO picking Honey to beat starling because of the Molinares kayo....

Fact is Honey was his best career effort..

Marquez was a quick painless execution.........People are guessing Manny is affected.........May not be the case.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 22 Jan 2014, 5:09 pm

Maybe people are being premature assuming Amir Khan will be his next opponent. It could be Haroon.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 5:12 pm

J.Benson II wrote:Paquaio UD Bradley
Mayweather LTKO Khan

Benson going for a later ko........Certainly feel that Khan is being sold short....Depends on when he has a brain fade.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 22 Jan 2014, 5:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:Paquaio UD Bradley
Mayweather LTKO Khan

Benson going for a later ko........Certainly feel that Khan is being sold short....Depends on when he has a brain fade.

I actually rate Khan Truss but I can't help feeling the loss against Garcia has taken something out of him. He didnt look that good in his last fight or the one before.
He has heart no doubt and could even go the distance because of it. However, unless Mayweather has a suffered a rapid decline than Khan is not going to have much success.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 5:29 pm

I agree entirely..........I don't know how much he has left but If Leonard can look crap against Howard and then fight Hagler after one fight in five years.........

Why shouldn't Khan have a go........Is my point........

To say he hasn't beaten quality also is just plain silly..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 22 Jan 2014, 6:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Pavlik isn't as good a win as Maidana..........end of..

Just stop it...

Your joking right

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 6:30 pm

No..........

Taylor was Pavlik's only decent win...........Hoppo exposed him.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 22 Jan 2014, 6:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No..........

Taylor was Pavlik's only decent win...........Hoppo exposed him.

And Ortiz (who was only 22 at the time) was Maidana's only good win. Maidana went life an death with a shot Morales, got dominated by Alexander and while he had a good win over Broner, Broner wasn't nearly good as the press made out

Hoppo exposed him at 170, but Hoppo exposed lots of fighters and is still to this day, rather lose to Hoppo at an unfamiliar weight then lose to Kotelnik or go life and death with a fat featherweight in morales

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 6:55 pm

Broner is an excellent win..........

We can agree to disagree..........But don't tell me Khan hasn't beaten top fighters.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Jan 2014, 6:58 pm

Khan is only half an in her taller while Mayweather has the longer reach, in short he has no significant size advantage.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:06 pm

Taller...........Punching down less far to go...Khan is a stand-up fighter also....Why his head is in the air..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:12 pm

Half an inch taller, hardly significant and that slight height advantage is negated by Mayweathers longer reach.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:14 pm

No.......one fights behind a shoulder..........The other stand up..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Taller...........Punching down less far to go...Khan is a stand-up fighter also....Why his head is in the air..
Cos he's never learned to keep his chin down?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:25 pm

Very true...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by B.A. BARACUS Wed 22 Jan 2014, 8:13 pm

Poor fight if it goes ahead....i'd rather see Mayweather take on the likes of Lara, Thurman, Garcia, Bradley, GGG, etc.

Based on his recent performances, Khan is washed up. If Diaz can expose him, Mayweather will slap him all over the ring.

Anyone who thinks Khan has anything to trouble Mayweather is deluding themselves, any advantages Khan possesses are negated by his non-existent defense and peanut brain.

Average fighters such as Prescott and Limond have exploited his frailties, Mayweather will rout him.

B.A. BARACUS

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Wed 22 Jan 2014, 9:14 pm

When has Khan ever suffered a LKO, and why are so many suggesting it considering Mayweather hasn't really KO'd anyone but Hatton since 2006...

And no, Ortiz KO doesn't count.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Jan 2014, 9:19 pm

His opponents since Hatton with the exception of Ortiz aren't exactly known for getting stopped are they ATG, Cotto has been stopped twice but the others a grand total of zero. If he can stop Gatti and Hatton he could quite easily stop Khan.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 22 Jan 2014, 9:29 pm

I've never bought into the whole 'Khan was out boxing Garcia' nonsense. He was smacked around the ring for half the fight and from the off it was clear what Garcia was trying to do. He lost to Garcia in a boxing match, he wasn't pressured into a mistake and ground down.

To be expected from certain posters I suppose.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 9:31 pm

No one gives a crap what you think....That's the problem.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down