The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd ducking Amir Khan and looking to screw PacMan over...again!

+18
Hammersmith harrier
Coxy001
88Chris05
hogey
superflyweight
ShahenshahG
catchweight
Seanusarrilius
kingraf
djlovesyou
Derbymanc
ONETWOFOREVER
milkyboy
Atila
Rowley
AdamT
Pedro147
TopHat24/7
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Floyd ducking Amir Khan and looking to screw PacMan over...again! Empty Floyd ducking Amir Khan and looking to screw PacMan over...again!

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 11:44 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2877649/Floyd-Mayweather-says-ready-fight-Manny-Pacquiao-dismisses-Amir-Khan-talk.html

Basically Mayweather saying no-one's heard of Khan so the fight isn't viable and also suggestions that whilst Manny is wanting a 60/40 purse split, there's a possibility that Mayweather will demand an even bigger cut (thus putting an end to the fight as Arum runs away and cries in a corner).

Seems Floyd is happy to take on the "flavor of the month" fighter providing he's of "Hispanic" heritage (Guerrero, Ortiz, Alvarez and Maidana) to tap into the South American Market but not happy to take on a guy he was touting as a potential opponent last year.

Back to top Go down

Floyd ducking Amir Khan and looking to screw PacMan over...again! Empty Re: Floyd ducking Amir Khan and looking to screw PacMan over...again!

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 17 Dec 2014, 12:19 pm

Khan actual 'won' Floyd's poll, but as you say, he's not Hispanic/flavour of the month.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Floyd ducking Amir Khan and looking to screw PacMan over...again! Empty Re: Floyd ducking Amir Khan and looking to screw PacMan over...again!

Post by Pedro147 Wed 17 Dec 2014, 12:39 pm

Pacquiao has agreed to take the thin end of the 60-40 split, although there are suggestions that Mayweather may demand an even higher percentage if an agreement is to be finalised.

You're using this as if it was fact. Trusting what is written in Daily Mail as fact or to support an argument is dangerous at best.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 12:49 pm

Dear me Pedro, the article says "suggestions" I've used the word "suggestions" but there are also plenty of reports from more reliable sources that the Daily Fail (only one I have access to at work) that have already reported Mayweather's response to Manny when he said that Manny had turned down a $40million purse and was now back asking for the same amount but that it wasn't going to happen.

Any which way you look at it, Mayweather is drumming up interest in only himself and will again paint himself as the victim when talks stall YET AGAIN over money whilst the likes of Khan sit twiddling their thumbs muttering words like "Silly c***" under their breath.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Dec 2014, 12:54 pm

Floyd will fight Manny. He has nobody else now

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:02 pm

Whilst I can only applaud Khan's desire to fight Floyd he does risk becoming all a bit Witter over this, he already pretty much wasted a good chunk of his recent career waiting for a call that never came, not sure it is prudent to do it any more. Thing is with Floyd whether you are heard of/unheard of, deserve it/do not deserve it, does not matter. He will fight you if he wants to, and for no other reason.

Khan should fight Brook in the summer, less prestige and less money, but more winnable and as the old cliche goes a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:21 pm

A fight with Brook should THEORETICALLY (namely, in the minds of most sane and sensible people) see the winner be near the front of the queue for a crack at the winner of Floyd/Manny (working on the supposition that it actually goes ahead).

However, I see Floyd shouting from the rooftops that Andre Berto is the most dangerous opponent he could find now that trash mouth Paulie Malignaggi is ducking him.
We all die a little more inside and go back to hoping Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder can managed to punch each other into oblivion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:32 pm

A bit harsh to say Khan risks becoming a bit Witter over this. I thought Khan had actually at one point signed a contract to fight Mayweather but then Mayweather opted to fight Maidana instead. The fight seems to be tantalizingly close for Khan, so why not try to get it?

Nothing wrong with the way Witter went about his business either.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:03 pm

I think rowley was as unappreciative of hatton's excuse of the month for not fighting witter as anyone Atila. He's more questioning whether its wise to put everything else on hold trying to secure one big fight.

Floyd will d!ck everyone about and fight who he wants to. As I've said before, the only fights I'm interested in for him are manny and khan but I won't be holding my breath.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:18 pm

Correct milky, no criticism of Khan intended. I admire the fact he wants to fight the best, but would hate to see him waste his best years waiting for a call that may never come.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:41 pm

More Floyd hate dear oh deary me.

Floyd is not ducking anyone. He has taken on the most dangerous Mexican in Canelo, he has consistently fought young hungry fighters like Ortiz and the Ghost. He destroyed them all.

He could have been forgiven if he opted for an easy nights work in his next fight but sought out one of the biggest punchers in boxing history in Maidana AND he opted to give him a rematch and still won, what more can Floyd do.

As for Khan please be honest NOBODY has heard of Khan. You have to understand that Floyd has to fill major massive arena's in America. Khan can't fill these venues his name does not carry enough weight. There is a lot of pressure on Floyd's shoulders and at this stage in his career he needs a big name to fight.

As for Pacman. Manny should take to pay cut Floyd is offering its a lot less then the $50 million he turned down last time.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:46 pm

Maidana - one of the biggest punchers in boxing history!

Bless you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:48 pm

I like having you around OneTwo, it makes my meagre knowledge seem encyclopedic Wink

Nobody has heard of Khan? is that why he won the twitter poll or why Money spent half of last year egging him on to fight him?

At this point I'd rather Mayweather effed off, forever languishing at the bottom of everyones best lists due to his blatant cherry picking of opponents.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 17 Dec 2014, 4:10 pm

Derbymanc wrote:I like having you around OneTwo, it makes my meagre knowledge seem encyclopedic Wink

Nobody has heard of Khan? is that why he won the twitter poll or why Money spent half of last year egging him on to fight him?

At this point I'd rather Mayweather effed off, forever languishing at the bottom of everyones best lists due to his blatant cherry picking of opponents.

Please show more respect

EVERYONE show Floyd more respect because we may never see the like of him again. Here is a man who has highlighted the science of the noble art and dispelled myths that boxers are just stupid numb skull's who knock the 7 bells out of each other. Lets all enjoy Mayweather while he has blessed us all with his presence.

On top for 17 years never been beaten and yet he gets all this hate?????

Strange you guys claim to love boxing but here we have been blessed with an exceptional fighter of our age and you would rather he just effed off???????????

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 17 Dec 2014, 4:25 pm

No thanks, he deserves no respect for denying the fans (you know the people that are ultimately responsible for that money he's got,) the matchups that any boxing fan would want to see.

He's also not been on top for 17 years as even I know he retired at some point in the middle of that.

Oh and BTW I speak for myself not for everyone else on this board.

I'd rather he effed off and had his legacy ripped to shreds, show the up and coming stars of tomorrow that it does actually matter if you spend the end of your career cherry picking.

P.S If we're saying Maidana is one of the biggest punchers in boxing history are we also saying Khan has one the strongest chins???

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Dec 2014, 4:30 pm

Derbymanc wrote:

P.S If we're saying Maidana is one of the biggest punchers in boxing history are we also saying Khan has one the strongest chins???

If anyone does I may ban them!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Wed 17 Dec 2014, 4:49 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:I like having you around OneTwo, it makes my meagre knowledge seem encyclopedic Wink

Please show more respect

EVERYONE show Floyd more respect because we may never see the like of him again. Here is a man who has highlighted the science of the noble art and dispelled myths that boxers are just stupid numb skull's who knock the 7 bells out of each other. Lets all enjoy Mayweather while he has blessed us all with his presence.

On top for 17 years never been beaten and yet he gets all this hate?????

Strange you guys claim to love boxing but here we have been blessed with an exceptional fighter of our age and you would rather he just effed off???????????

Of all the things that Floyd has achieved in his career, I'm not sure he can quite claim to have done that yet.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:01 pm

The current heavyweight champion is a multi lingual PhD holder, yet it is the woman beating ex con Floyd who has dispelled the myth about boxers stupidity.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:09 pm

Yes...
Thug life is the only life. Street smarts > book smart. His bank account is clever enough... have I missed anything?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:09 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:More Floyd hate dear oh deary me.

Floyd is not ducking anyone. He has taken on the most dangerous Mexican in Canelo, he has consistently fought young hungry fighters like Ortiz and the Ghost. He destroyed them all.

He could have been forgiven if he opted for an easy nights work in his next fight but sought out one of the biggest punchers in boxing history in Maidana AND he opted to give him a rematch and still won, what more can Floyd do.

As for Khan please be honest NOBODY has heard of Khan. You have to understand that Floyd has to fill major massive arena's in America. Khan can't fill these venues his name does not carry enough weight. There is a lot of pressure on Floyd's shoulders and at this stage in his career he needs a big name to fight.

As for Pacman. Manny should take to pay cut Floyd is offering its a lot less then the $50 million he turned down last time.

Onethree gets some stick but he has a point here. I lie awake at night worrying about the pressure on floyd to fill those venues and to make sure he only picks the right names to do it. Those inspired choices of Ortiz and Guerrero, weren't just plucked willy nilly you know... And the worlds biggest punchers like maidana don't grow on trees.

Floyd wants the big names. At welter, right now that has to be unbeaten Thai prospect Teerachai Kratingdaenggym, although unbeaten Ukrainian starlet  Egidijus Kavaliauskas runs him close. Get it on I say... Somebody's 0 has gotta go. Respect baby!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:14 pm

Please Milky.... at least post the truth!!

Kavaliauskas is Lithuanian
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:17 pm

They'll all be Russian soon.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:20 pm

Not the way the Rouble is going... At the moment Putin couldn't afford to annex a kindergarten.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:35 pm

I think a skint Putin worries me more than a loaded one.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:36 pm

We should never listen to a word Floyd says. He is a walking contradiction. I try to care only about the fights that are set when it comes to him. I allowed myself to get sucked into this a couple of weeks ago, and to get a tad excited for a fight I have long given up on.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:40 pm

Putin's a nice guy. Just wants to go riding his oversized bears.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:44 pm

You just think he looks cute in his Rambo kit.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:48 pm

I thought my Miguel Cotto hate made it quite clear that I abhor bald manlets... although I find Putin less abhorrent than other bald manlets
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:54 pm

I seriously doubt Mayweather is the brains behind TMT

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:59 pm

There are brains behind TMT?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 17 Dec 2014, 6:02 pm

Let's not kid ourselves... You don't have a $200m+ operation without some brains behind it.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 17 Dec 2014, 6:05 pm

kingraf wrote:Let's not kid ourselves... You don't have a $200m+ operation without some brains behind it.

Are you referring to the underground market in organ harvesting?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 17 Dec 2014, 6:09 pm

Depends... Massive in South Africa... but mainly albino organs, and I doubt it's a $200m industry... maybe $200k
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 17 Dec 2014, 6:29 pm

Haha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 18 Dec 2014, 4:52 am

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Classic ONETruss!! laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Dec 2014, 7:34 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

ONETRUSS believes God will forgive him for the stupid things he says...he may be disappointed when either A/ he discovers there IS no God or B/ He DOES exist (unlikely but go with it) and considers ONETWO to be the dippiest sh!t-for-brains f*ckwit who ever lived

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Thu 18 Dec 2014, 7:55 am

FightHype.com recently caught up with undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather, who had a lot to say regarding a potential showdown with 8-division world champion Manny Pacquiao. You don't want to miss what he had to say in this exclusive interview as Mayweather touches on a number of subjects, including Manny Pacquiao, Bob Arum, Oscar De La Hoya, and much more.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article18861.html

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:05 am

Pedro147 wrote:FightHype.com recently caught up with undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather, You don't want to miss what he had to say

A bold but misguided assumption.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:29 am

Rowley wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:FightHype.com recently caught up with undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather,  You don't want to miss what he had to say

If he's not telling us how many hundred dollar bills it takes to make a pile 3" deep on his coffee table or which of the vacuous tarts he knows is willing to come round and debase herself at his whim whilst he films it on his phone or how much money he squandered on gold leaf toilet roll then I for one am not interested in the slightest

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:31 am

I know Mayweather isn't liked but boy does he get so much hate.

Oh well least he is relevant

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:35 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:FightHype.com recently caught up with undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather,  You don't want to miss what he had to say

If he's not telling us how many hundred dollar bills it takes to make a pile 3" deep on his coffee table or which of the vacuous tarts he knows is willing to come round and debase herself at his whim whilst he films it on his phone or how much money he squandered on gold leaf toilet roll then I for one am not interested in the slightest

In all fairness I do find updates on how much his latest watch cost fascinating.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:36 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Squandered is the right word.  It would rip your arse to shreds.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:39 am

and at least its deserved. would hate to think a wife beater was getting a ton of respect.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:42 am

superflyweight wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Squandered is the right word.  It would rip your arse to shreds.
Gold leaf if micro thin lad. You know those gold discs they used to hand out to bands when they sold a load of them, that's just a normal record covered in gold leaf...value 27p maximum. A bar of gold the size of a chocolate bar good be hammered into enough gold leaf to cover a football pitch

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:44 am

Would that not be like wiping your arse with tin-foil? So essentially the equivalent of reading Onetwo's posts.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:54 am

DAVE667 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

ONETRUSS believes God will forgive him for the stupid things he says...he may be disappointed when either A/ he discovers there IS no God or B/ He DOES exist (unlikely but go with it) and considers ONETWO to be the dippiest sh!t-for-brains f*ckwit who ever lived

There is an argument in scenario b Dave,  that god requires the likes of onethree to believe in him. So will be pleased with his dipsh*tty f*ckwittedness. Blessed are the geeks, for they shall inherit the earth.

Archangel onethree will be looking down with pity (he's too noble to laugh)  whilst you and I burn in the fires of hell.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:58 am

I respect his skills in the ring. Don't agree with wife beating but I respect his skills as a fighter.

Can't wait till he schools Manny, then he will be called a coward for ducking GGG

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:59 am

superflyweight wrote:Would that not be like wiping your arse with tin-foil?  So essentially the equivalent of reading Onetwo's posts.  

Mayweather uses gold leaf to wipe his arris because he likes to see the sun reflecting back at him. Helps with his seasonal affective disorder. Poor show to mock the man when he's dealing with mental health issues.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:01 am

Nowt wrong in believing Milky, it's when your trying to force it on everyone else that it becomes an issue. Or when you use it as an excuse to be a Poopie kind of person.

A boxing forum is definitely the last place for it (although the off topic bit's okay Wink

To swing it back round a bit, It's okay to admire his boxing Adam but he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory with the Manny debacle (for the record, both are at fault.) he states at certain times he'll fight A or B, then changes his mind (up to him if he does, but don't expect everyone to be happy about it.)

Personally i'd have no problem with him retiring tomorrow and having his record ripped to shreds for years after. To me, there's a responsibility as the top sportsman/woman in your area to set some example to the up and comers. What Floyd (and Manny to a smaller extent) have done is shown that you can avoid the big fights and (kind of) cement your legacy. Think it's a bit of a disgrace to be honest.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:07 am

What about Manny sleeping around and making a fool of his wife?

Not as bad as violence but still low in my opinion.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next