The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favourite beat down.......

+6
hodge
theanimal316
User Name
Kay Fabe
bretmeharty
Brady12
10 posters

Go down

What is your favourite beat down....... Empty What is your favourite beat down.......

Post by Brady12 Thu May 19, 2011 8:05 am

Beat down
when a wrestler or other performer is the recipient of a beating, usually by a group of wrestlers....

Wrestling history has been littered with these but whats your favourite... I'll throw a few of the top of my head for starters

RETURN OF ECW 2001
Although it didn't lead to greatest thing in the world, it had to have been the revival of ECW on TV in 2001. It was just so damn good. They beat the living hell out of Chris Jericho and Kane. Paul Heyman on commentary did great, selling Dreamer and Van Dam. Then the WWE Members come down to make the save, only to turn on the WWE, so you have 12 or 14 guys beating the hell out of 2. You saw everything from the 3-D to the Van Damninator. Paul Heyman get's in, and declares war. It was priceless promo

NEXUS INVADE RAW 2010
Certainly the best beatdown of recent years. Young upstars led by Wade Barrett out of nowhere attack to destory everything in there path including Superman John Cena. Completely shocking!

AUSTIN ATTACKS BRET HART IN AMBULANCE RAW 97
After destroying Hart's knee in a street fight Austin took the fight back stage as he posed as the ambulance driver before Hart again as he lay on a strecher, fending off Owen & Bulldog in the process

MOUNTIE ATTACKS BOSSMAN SUPERSTARS 91
Special mention as it was the first one I saw. Flanked by the Nasty Boys & Jimmy Hart the Mountie tied up The Boss Man in the ropes & proceeded to eletrocute him with his cattle-prod... I remember thinking what the hell is that!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite beat down....... Empty Re: What is your favourite beat down.......

Post by bretmeharty Thu May 19, 2011 8:14 am

Yoko and nearly the whole heel locker room coming down and beating on the undertaker and putting him in the casket at royal rumble 1994, I still remember to this day being young and having an eerie feeling when the undertaker was on the big screen and his suddenly eyes open.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite beat down....... Empty Re: What is your favourite beat down.......

Post by Kay Fabe Thu May 19, 2011 8:34 am

I always liked Earthquakes debut when he and Dino Bravo absolutely killed The Ultimate Warrior

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Thu May 19, 2011 8:49 am

Radicalz debut?

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu May 19, 2011 8:51 am

the-gaffer wrote:I always liked Earthquakes debut when he and Dino Bravo absolutely killed The Ultimate Warrior

Quality gaffer!! Never seen that segment before but just you tube it... Ventura Golden on commentary as always

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu May 19, 2011 9:09 am

God bless YouTube and every fan who kept their tapes of the 80s - Ventura must have created more heat than anyone between 86 and 90

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Thu May 19, 2011 9:29 am

I know it was during a match so not technically a beat down, but Rock killing Mankind at the RR with the steel chair always stick out.

For proper beat down, Matt Hardy coming back to get Edge?

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu May 19, 2011 9:47 am

definitly has to be Nexus for me, just the supprise and the brutality of it compared to what else had been on, also Daniel Bryan's use of the tie. as well as the complete destruction of the ring area

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu May 19, 2011 9:49 am

theanimal316 wrote:I know it was during a match so not technically a beat down, but Rock killing Mankind at the RR with the steel chair always stick out.

For proper beat down, Matt Hardy coming back to get Edge?

Matt Hardy/Edge great shout animal! Looked so real the 1st time Matt attacked. Shame the pay off was so poor Edge squashing Him in next to no time. Another missed oppurtunity

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu May 19, 2011 9:57 am

I always wondered if that match was ment to finish the way it did, only seen it once which was at the time and from what I remember hardy's face went into the post and was bleeding, it seemed like a no contest but never had a rematch.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri May 20, 2011 12:16 am

I must admit I loved it when HHH gave Orton the thumbs down & subsequent beatdown following Orton beating Benoit for the title

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri May 20, 2011 1:02 am

JBL beating up The Blue Meanie was quite entertaining!!

Wrestlemania 8, Sid and Papa Shango beating down on Hogan until....

Dun, Dun Dun Dun Dun.

WARRIOR!

Mark. Out. Moment.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri May 20, 2011 1:12 am

The Nation of Dominations beatdown of Ken Shamrock was just sheer brutal

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri May 20, 2011 1:17 am

What about Triple H returning this year and kicking living Poopie out of Sheamus? Thats the most recent best beat down I can think of.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri May 20, 2011 1:40 am

How about when Brock Lesnar destroyed Zach Gowen

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Fri May 20, 2011 2:13 am

memorys a bit hazy on when this one was.... NWO beating up Flair in WCW then throwing him into a car boot and driving him out to the desert where they beat him up somemore and left him there. This happened at the start of Nitro and amazingly Flair made it back to the arena in time to stagger out at the end of the main event and get beat up some more.

The next week on Nitro they said that Flair had had a brain anuerism and was in a coma (although he had been ok to wrestle on thursday night thunder between the two Nitro's - this wasnt mentioned)

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri May 20, 2011 2:25 am

Lesnar destroying Gowan was brilliant

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri May 20, 2011 2:28 am

Big Show tossing Rey Rey against the ring post when he was on the stretcher, looked brutal.

Undertaker vs McMahon buried alive. Was one big beatdown.

Brock Lesnars debut beatdowns; Al Snow/Spike/Maven, The Hollys, The Hardys, RVD... etc...

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri May 20, 2011 2:30 am

The one I always hark back to - Triple H returning to screw Austin - for the commentary alone was immense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjkwRv2IOME

Or, as childish as it was, I think the Supermarket brawl between Austin and Booker was comedy gold. So many brilliant lines. Austin was like a drunken James Bond with his quips.

"Hey Booker. Got milk?"
"Do you want some crackers Booker?"
"When the moon hits your eye like qa big pizza pie - that's AMOORRRRRRRRRE"
"Pricecheck on the Jackass"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV4dw1m2Uis

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri May 20, 2011 6:43 am

The whole Austin Vince segment in the hospital was legendary!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri May 20, 2011 7:43 am

I must admit i stopped watchin when Austin and Book had that brawl but I happened to turn it on as that was happening and I remember just turning it over

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down