The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on Bill Goldberg

+4
JamesLincs
Kay Fabe
ADMIN
Mr H
8 posters

Go down

Update on Bill Goldberg Empty Update on Bill Goldberg

Post by Mr H Thu May 19, 2011 11:14 am

There has been a lot of speculation on the Internet lately that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff's first choice for the "Network Representative" on TNA iMPACT Wrestling was not Mick Foley, but Bill Goldberg.

WrestleZone has spoken with several people close to the situation, and can exclusively report that TNA was never close to signing Goldberg.

"Bill views them [TNA] as a minor league," we were told by someone with knowledge of both sides of the pursuit to land Goldberg on Spike TV, "Bill was hungry to work WrestleMania in Atlanta so his son could see him just one time do his thing as Goldberg, but he has no desire to tarnish his image as a top draw by playing for a losing team like TNA."

Another person close to both sides confided, "When Hogan low-balled Goldberg on that Australian tour (two years ago), Bill was very upset. Then the promoters of the entire tour went bankrupt. Bill looks at the ratings in TNA, and how poorly booked the company is, and he has no desire to put his legacy in their hands. He felt his run in WWE was bad enough. Letting Hogan, Bischoff, and Russo ruin his legacy any further just isn't in his plans."

Just thought i'd post this about big Bill. I dont blame him at all for not wanting to put his legacy in the hands of TNA. I think this really puts it into perspective of how far away TNA are from being a major force. Its also interesting to see that Goldberg was keen to work Wrestlemania. Do you think he will ever appear in the WWE again? If so, how would you book his return? Before anyone mentions The Undertaker, it just wont happen. He'd never end the streak, and he wouldnt come back to job to Taker, so thats out of the window.

Personally i'd love to see him get a 6 month contract, win the Rumble and go on to face the then heel World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton at Wrestlemania. Actually make the WHC title match worthwhile next year!

The Rock v John Cena
Triple H v The Undertaker
Goldberg v Randy Orton

Happy Days.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Update on Bill Goldberg Empty Re: Update on Bill Goldberg

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 11:20 am

If it was to be just a six month contract that would only take him to June/July so would you have him win the WHC?

Can't think of anyone I would have him face in one on one competition. Would probably have him be in the battle royal they usually have and have him eliminate nearly everyone. This would mean that the battle royal wasn't a dark match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 11:28 am

Lord knows why, but I'm a giant Goldberg mark, and if he was to come back, personally I'd mark out as much as I did when the Rock returned!

Saying that, I don't think he'll come back, unless it's on his terms and unfortunately I just can't see the WWE (No wrestling allowed) playing that kind of game, even if he could help them with the minuscule match times!

I saw a video on youtube of an interview with him where he basically said he'd fallen out of love with wrestling and at the time (before we went all things PG - shush, the kids are watching!) he didn't believe in the WWE's product (back in the day of bra and panties matches....god I miss those days). Whether his attitudes to it's changed now, I have no idea and if he was to return, I think it'd be for the fans, seeing as he doesn't like Vince McMahon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu May 19, 2011 11:31 am

Yes, i'd have him win the WHC for one last swansong. The WWE messed up with him last time so its a chance to put it right. I said 6 months but Bill Goldberg is still in amazing condition and who knows it could be longer, but even with a 6 month contract id still put the strap on him maybe even until Summerslam.

Randy Orton is the best guy i can think of to face Goldberg to give him believable competition.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu May 19, 2011 11:41 am

Orton? Mr ‘I have people fired or dumped down to the midcard for minor botches’?
And Goldberg who’s rather known for botching and hasn’t taken part in a wrestling match in 7 years.
No don’t agree on that being the best match up.

Personally I’d get him and Jericho together, ensure they’re both happy working together (don’t know if the personal beef they had with one another is sorted). Jericho for me is probably the best go to guy left in the business now HBK has left and will mask any rust Goldberg has and more importantly make Goldberg look strong. It can also be built around a huge amount of history between them.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu May 19, 2011 11:45 am

If they built Sheamus up properly he'd be the modern day Goldberg

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu May 19, 2011 11:49 am

I was thinking of wrestlers currently on the roster, but Jericho is a very good shout Hero. If he did come back then Jericho v Goldberg is definately a better option than Orton, i'll give you that.

I dont think Orton would be able to get Goldberg fired if he botched! Also im sure Goldberg would have a few matches to get rid of the ring rust. You are right though, i doubt Orton would like Goldberg's stiff style, but on paper it is a box office match (Given the guys involved, not for quality of match!)

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu May 19, 2011 11:51 am

the-gaffer wrote:If they built Sheamus up properly he'd be the modern day Goldberg

Good call Gaffer, you've been saying this for a while now. They could take Sheamus off TV and have him return and go on a monster streak. Sheamus v Goldberg, Clash of the Titans, a Sheamus win would give him some immense rub but i'd imagine it'd probably end up with a Goldberg win.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu May 19, 2011 12:33 pm

cm punk? and he can refer to him as....... billy Very Happy

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 12:36 pm

As Wrestlemania in Atlanta has been and gone, would Goldberg still be interested in returning to do a Wrestlemania?

His mention of returning seemed to be based on where Wrestlemania was being held rather than the spectacle itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu May 19, 2011 12:36 pm

JamesLincs wrote:cm punk? and he can refer to him as....... billy Very Happy

I wold mark out if CM Punk interrupted Goldberg and called him William laughing

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu May 19, 2011 7:53 pm

I, like Sainty, am a massive Goldberg mark. He is the reason that I have gone back and watched some of the old WCW PPV's. Yes he isn't the best technical wrestler in the business but he still put on some incredible matches.

I'd love him to come back and destroy a few of the bigger guys and than have a big up and comer challenge him. Even if Goldberg didn't want to lose he could still make somebody look incredibly strong in the process.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu May 19, 2011 8:11 pm

I really do keep wondering if next years Mania could be a proper old v new clash.

Rock v Cena
Austin v CM Punk
Jericho v Miz
Goldberg v Orton
E&C (if he got medical clearance) v McIntyre & Barrett
Rey v Sin Cara
Angle v Daniel Bryan (ok pushing it on an Angle return)

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Fri May 20, 2011 11:04 am

Hero wrote:I really do keep wondering if next years Mania could be a proper old v new clash.

Rock v Cena
Austin v CM Punk
Jericho v Miz
Goldberg v Orton
E&C (if he got medical clearance) v McIntyre & Barrett
Rey v Sin Cara
Angle v Daniel Bryan (ok pushing it on an Angle return)

hell yeah that would be kick ass PPV

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri May 20, 2011 11:20 am

We have WWE possibly looking at an old v new whilst over on TNA they are having the ridiculously old v old

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat May 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Goldberg vs The Corre

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down