Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Is Jose correct?

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Vote_lcap25%Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Vote_lcap75%Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 12 ]
 
Total Votes : 16

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by It Must Be Love on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 6:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.sportpulse.net/content/mourhino-taunts-arsenals-trophyless-run-wenger-specialist-failure-13917


Trophy-less for 8 years, but Arsenal did have financial restraints. And remember Wenger did many years ago win titles.


Last edited by Starlight on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2679
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down


Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Sun 16 Feb 2014, 11:15 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:What are you on about that makes no sense at all. dear god you are stupid.

Good job, another one liner, containing nothing interesting to say. Keep it up at this rate you will make the record books.
So you therefore retort with a one liner containing nothing of interest, bravo.

Like I said I tried to talk to you in a reasonable manner, and you were the first person on this thread who resorted to name calling and personal attacks. It is right there on thread. I don't know why you feel you have a right to deem people who don't share your opinions or your allegiance clowns and crybabies etc. If you want to debate football with people who agree with you and think you are always right, then go find a Man U fans site and pat each other on the back all the time. But frankly, you are really boring. So I will let you have at it and just not engage you after this post. I don't need to waste my energy on someone who I don't really care about, and I am sure the feeling is mutual.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sun 16 Feb 2014, 11:16 pm

You don't need to use a comma before the word and.


Last edited by Hammersmith harrier on Sun 16 Feb 2014, 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Duty281 on Sun 16 Feb 2014, 11:17 pm

Fernando wrote:
CFCNick wrote:
Fernando wrote:
CFCNick wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:I call you and Dior clowns, cretins etc. because you have yet to indicate to me or anybody else for that matter that you have a single shred of intelligence, certainly neither of you have a clue about football.

If you're going to blabber on about facts at least get them right. Arsenal since the arrival of Wenger have a net spend of £70mil however what that doesn't tell you is that until the money men came in you had the biggest wage bill in the premier league. Transfers are two fold they are fees and wage based not just fee based. Nor does it tell you anything about the squad he had at his disposal initially, players like Bergkamp, Adams, Dixon, Winterburn and Keown.

For a club to go from winning the premier league title and then win the fa cup the next year followed by 8 years of winning nothing is quite frankly failure. The remit of Arsenal isn't champions league qualification it is to win trophies.

I think you need to change your sanitary pad, it seems like you are experiencing an unnaturally heavy flow this menstrual cycle. Did mommy and daddy not give you enough attention?

Maybe you and the other Arsenal fans should change your sanitary pads. "Oh no. That manager said something nasty about my manager. I must go on the internet and list his achievements in his honour."

 Maybe you and the other Chelsea fans go Frak yourself?  Your manager gets in a hissy fit and makes personal comments over a comment not aimed at him but all managers that are denying their in the title race. That's being afraid of failure what kind of message does that put out to your side?  

 picard  Dumbass

maybe leave the arguing to them Socal & HH and not bring people like me into it for no reason or can your tiny brain not comprehend that? I would try dumb it for you but i don't see how it would confuse you. So if you don't get it then their is no hope for you go back to your council estate and buy a dictionary you may learn something new.

I underlined the bit that you should take note of...

How did I bring you into it? Did I mention you personally? No. I mentioned Arsenal fans in the sense of the ones such as Socal and CS. Just because I mentioned "Arsenal fans" doesn't mean I meant you. You see? You know what happens when you assume?

The comment aimed at ALL managers was a slight against Jose because every man and his dog on the tele are saying we're gonna win the league and Jose just says he wants to guarantee top 4 first, he doesn't think we are favourites. We score the least goals of the current top 4.

Council estate? Are you Frak serious? I said you don't like, therefore I must be from a council estate.

"buy a dictionary you may learn something new." - last I checked dictionaries didn't hand out life lessons or knowledge about sport. And I'm the dumbass??? clap clap clap 

 thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup 

That's the poorest comeback in the history of 606v2 Nick. I weren't assuming anything you're trying to cover up you being a Mr Winklechops if you were on about ones like Socal & CS why not name them?

Everyone man and his dog change their mind on a weekly basis? It's still no reason to underestimate your own squad. You have the best defense in the league if you can lock people out you only need 1 goal.

Council estate? Are you Frak serious? I said you don't like, therefore I must be from a council estate.  Well at least you can admit where you're from it must be a tough thing to do their i am surprised you want people knowing that  OK  So how's life on the estate Nick?

I never mentioned life lessons or sport knowledge so i don't know where you got that from. it was more to help you understand what was being said which clearly you didn't. Maybe i should start doing my putting gaps in the words to help you understand so you can piece them together...

Im done here you can reply to your hearts content Nick im not going to read it because my the standard of that comeback it'll only be more Poopie anyway.

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Oh_he_mad

Duty281

Posts : 21412
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Fernando on Sun 16 Feb 2014, 11:25 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Fernando wrote:
CFCNick wrote:
Fernando wrote:
CFCNick wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:I call you and Dior clowns, cretins etc. because you have yet to indicate to me or anybody else for that matter that you have a single shred of intelligence, certainly neither of you have a clue about football.

If you're going to blabber on about facts at least get them right. Arsenal since the arrival of Wenger have a net spend of £70mil however what that doesn't tell you is that until the money men came in you had the biggest wage bill in the premier league. Transfers are two fold they are fees and wage based not just fee based. Nor does it tell you anything about the squad he had at his disposal initially, players like Bergkamp, Adams, Dixon, Winterburn and Keown.

For a club to go from winning the premier league title and then win the fa cup the next year followed by 8 years of winning nothing is quite frankly failure. The remit of Arsenal isn't champions league qualification it is to win trophies.

I think you need to change your sanitary pad, it seems like you are experiencing an unnaturally heavy flow this menstrual cycle. Did mommy and daddy not give you enough attention?

Maybe you and the other Arsenal fans should change your sanitary pads. "Oh no. That manager said something nasty about my manager. I must go on the internet and list his achievements in his honour."

 Maybe you and the other Chelsea fans go Frak yourself?  Your manager gets in a hissy fit and makes personal comments over a comment not aimed at him but all managers that are denying their in the title race. That's being afraid of failure what kind of message does that put out to your side?  

 picard  Dumbass

maybe leave the arguing to them Socal & HH and not bring people like me into it for no reason or can your tiny brain not comprehend that? I would try dumb it for you but i don't see how it would confuse you. So if you don't get it then their is no hope for you go back to your council estate and buy a dictionary you may learn something new.

I underlined the bit that you should take note of...

How did I bring you into it? Did I mention you personally? No. I mentioned Arsenal fans in the sense of the ones such as Socal and CS. Just because I mentioned "Arsenal fans" doesn't mean I meant you. You see? You know what happens when you assume?

The comment aimed at ALL managers was a slight against Jose because every man and his dog on the tele are saying we're gonna win the league and Jose just says he wants to guarantee top 4 first, he doesn't think we are favourites. We score the least goals of the current top 4.

Council estate? Are you Frak serious? I said you don't like, therefore I must be from a council estate.

"buy a dictionary you may learn something new." - last I checked dictionaries didn't hand out life lessons or knowledge about sport. And I'm the dumbass??? clap clap clap 

 thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup 

That's the poorest comeback in the history of 606v2 Nick. I weren't assuming anything you're trying to cover up you being a Mr Winklechops if you were on about ones like Socal & CS why not name them?

Everyone man and his dog change their mind on a weekly basis? It's still no reason to underestimate your own squad. You have the best defense in the league if you can lock people out you only need 1 goal.

Council estate? Are you Frak serious? I said you don't like, therefore I must be from a council estate.  Well at least you can admit where you're from it must be a tough thing to do their i am surprised you want people knowing that  OK  So how's life on the estate Nick?

I never mentioned life lessons or sport knowledge so i don't know where you got that from. it was more to help you understand what was being said which clearly you didn't. Maybe i should start doing my putting gaps in the words to help you understand so you can piece them together...

Im done here you can reply to your hearts content Nick im not going to read it because my the standard of that comeback it'll only be more Poopie anyway.

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Oh_he_mad

Some people get funny when they drink some people get angry, When i drink i tend not to tolerate idiots like Nick who thinks its wise to label everyone under one banner like a Mr Winklechops.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 36437
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 28
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Sun 16 Feb 2014, 11:26 pm

'I do not want to go into that silly, disrespectful remark. I never spoke about him in my press conference and I will not start,' Wenger told BT Sport.
'The only thing I know is it's more embarrassing for Chelsea than for me.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2560751/Arsene-Wenger-hits-embarrassing-Jose-Mourinho-Arsenal-advance-FA-Cup.html#ixzz2tWvvX5a6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook


Wenger hits back at Jose. The war of words is getting quite enjoyable to follow. Can't agree with Wenger more. Jose is embarrassing himself frankly and plenty of people are criticizing him for his comments, not just Arsenal fans. Maybe this is another one of his mind games although I don't know how this makes it easier for his team to win. It seems if anything he is giving motivation to other sides to really want to beat him.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by It Must Be Love on Sun 16 Feb 2014, 11:51 pm

Hmm, no need to get rude people. To be fair to SoCal, I can see that he's not the one who started with more personal jibes. However like this manager saga, the war of words escalated.

Anyway some balanced thoughts from me:
-Pretty rude and blunt of Jose, irrelevant of whether he's right
-I think we can't translate it literally, ie even though Mourhino does not specify it, it's clear that he's talking about Arsene in respect to the stature of Arsenal being a big club. I don't think he's trying to say all managers who don't win trophies are failures.
-As to whether Jose is right, well firstly I think we can assume his words are clearly an exaggeration. What can be debated is whether Wenger lost his 'winning ruthless mentality' after 2005
-I think given their net spend, Arsenals consistency and league position of always top 4 is a fairly successful one.
-However the question raised is: Did Wenger spend less than he could have? Did he let his star players go too easily?
-If the answer to both these questions is yes, then it can still be argued he lost his winning mentality. I don't know in detail the financial position Arsenal were really in, the board have insisted funds were available.
-Overall, if we set aside the fact Jose was rude and clearly OTT, I think there may be some element of truth in what he was saying, if Arsenal did have greater funds. If what Arsenal fans are arguing is right, and Wenger did have a low budget, and did need to sell his best players for money, then Wenger has done a superb job.

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2679
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Duty281 on Sun 16 Feb 2014, 11:53 pm

Wenger doesn't have a low budget, rather, he neglects to spend heavily because he's stubborn.*

The two should not be confused.

*Apart from when he gets desperate, as was the case with Mesut Ozil.

Duty281

Posts : 21412
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by GSC on Sun 16 Feb 2014, 11:53 pm

Funs over, the grammar police have arrived.
GSC
GSC

Posts : 39059
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 27
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 12:00 am

Starlight wrote:Hmm, no need to get rude people. To be fair to SoCal, I can see that he's not the one who started with more personal jibes. However like this manager saga, the war of words escalated.

Anyway some balanced thoughts from me:
-Pretty rude and blunt of Jose, irrelevant of whether he's right
-I think we can't translate it literally, ie even though Mourhino does not specify it, it's clear that he's talking about Arsene in respect to the stature of Arsenal being a big club. I don't think he's trying to say all managers who don't win trophies are failures.
-As to whether Jose is right, well firstly I think we can assume his words are clearly an exaggeration. What can be debated is whether Wenger lost his 'winning ruthless mentality' after 2005
-I think given their net spend, Arsenals consistency and league position of always top 4 is a fairly successful one.
-However the question raised is: Did Wenger spend less than he could have? Did he let his star players go too easily?
-If the answer to both these questions is yes, then it can still be argued he lost his winning mentality. I don't know in detail the financial position Arsenal were really in, the board have insisted funds were available.
-Overall, if we set aside the fact Jose was rude and clearly OTT, I think there may be some element of truth in what he was saying, if Arsenal did have greater funds. If what Arsenal fans are arguing is right, and Wenger did have a low budget, and did need to sell his best players for money, then Wenger has done a superb job.

That is a fair post Starlight, the problem is that we don't know what the situation has been in the back office. Is it Wenger refusing to spend because he is stubborn? If that is the case then I would agree that he has failed in not doing enough to invest in the club. But we did see the Arsenal board come out and publicly state that now they can compete with the top clubs for world class talent. And after they did that we saw for the first time Wenger splash the cash in a big way. People say that he should have spent huge in January as well, but frankly I don't think the prices we heard discussed for player's like Draxler and Martinez were warranted. Take Draxler for example he is a 20 year old that has not played particularly well this season and has been injured. I can't see him being worth 37 million pounds. Nobody else accepted that valuation either. I will say this that if Arsenal do not win trophies this year and don't spend in the offseason that maybe Wenger's time has come and gone. But he has been the best and most successful manager this club has ever had. That is pretty clear from his record, and therefore he can not be considered a failure in anyway.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 12:08 am

Duty281 wrote:Wenger doesn't have a low budget, rather, he neglects to spend heavily because he's stubborn.*

The two should not be confused.

*Apart from when he gets desperate, as was the case with Mesut Ozil.

How can you be so sure that is the case? Right now Arsenal has a pile of money, and he shouldn't sit on it he should spend it on players. But that has not always been the situation with the club. I will say this if he doesn't bring trophies soon and sits on this 120 million pound cash on hand (40 million pounds has to be held in reserve for the creditors so really 80 million pounds) then I will agree with you at the end of the next transfer window. I don't think Draxler or Martinez were worth the money that was being asked for them in January. And I don't think you can say that the Ozil purchase was desperate. He had been after the kid even before Ozil went to Madrid from Bremen.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by It Must Be Love on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 12:39 am

Fair comment SoCal.

I do think though they should have got a top quality striker in January.

Let's say they did have to pay £10 million more than market price... if they win the PL it will have been worth that extra money, and they'd probably recuperate it with higher sales and merchandise. I mean Arsenal fans would all order the season DVD 10 times just to have 9 spare copies.

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2679
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by It Must Be Love on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 12:41 am

Duty281 wrote:Wenger doesn't have a low budget, rather, he neglects to spend heavily because he's stubborn.*

The two should not be confused.

*Apart from when he gets desperate, as was the case with Mesut Ozil.
My point is we don't actually know that for certain.
If you're right, then yes, it is a criticism of Wenger and perhaps he has lost the winning mentality and instead taken the feeder club mentality (buy young and cheap, sell expensive).
But the Ozil transfer suggests differently.

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2679
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 12:53 am

Starlight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Wenger doesn't have a low budget, rather, he neglects to spend heavily because he's stubborn.*

The two should not be confused.

*Apart from when he gets desperate, as was the case with Mesut Ozil.
My point is we don't actually know that for certain.
If you're right, then yes, it is a criticism of Wenger and perhaps he has lost the winning mentality and instead taken the feeder club mentality (buy young and cheap, sell expensive).
But the Ozil transfer suggests differently.

Wenger always spends when the money is available eg Arshavin, Ozil, Walcott. problem is the money has not always been available and so Wenger cannot spend.


Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 12:58 am

Starlight wrote:Fair comment SoCal.

I do think though they should have got a top quality striker in January.

Let's say they did have to pay £10 million more than market price... if they win the PL it will have been worth that extra money, and they'd probably recuperate it with higher sales and merchandise. I mean Arsenal fans would all order the season DVD 10 times just to have 9 spare copies.

But I don't think one was available that would make or break this title run. We heard about Jackson Martinez, a talent player who plays in portugal. If you bought him for lets say 10 million more than he is worth, I just don't think he is the type of player that makes you the league champion. Especially, when looking at what Chelsea and City have in terms of firepower. Teams are loathe to let go of a top notch striker and even more so in the middle of a season. If Arsenal could have paid a premium and got a player that would have given them a much better chance of a title I would say "sure go for it." But what if you over pay for a Martinez and he becomes another Soldado and now you can't invest in the offseason when players like Balotelli, Benzema, or Costa become available. Spurs are perfect example of how throwing 100 million pounds into the transfer market all in one window doesn't necessarily guarantee you success. Of their 7 signings 3 have panned out. Those three represent about 30 million of the 100 million they spent.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 1:02 am

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Starlight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Wenger doesn't have a low budget, rather, he neglects to spend heavily because he's stubborn.*

The two should not be confused.

*Apart from when he gets desperate, as was the case with Mesut Ozil.
My point is we don't actually know that for certain.
If you're right, then yes, it is a criticism of Wenger and perhaps he has lost the winning mentality and instead taken the feeder club mentality (buy young and cheap, sell expensive).
But the Ozil transfer suggests differently.

Wenger always spends when the money is available eg Arshavin, Ozil, Walcott. problem is the money has not always been available and so Wenger cannot spend.


CS, I agree with you on most things. But let me ask you a question. Right now with the new commercial deals Arsenal has signed in the last few months the word is that they are sitting on 120 million pounds in cash reserves (80 million of which is available, 40 million in reserve) . If they don't win the title or the FA cup would it be fair to criticize Wenger if they don't get some real quality with cash on hand in the next window? I for one respect what the man has done for the club and the way he develops young players. But to get over on City and Chelsea I think we need some spending in the next window. I don't think there was much worth buying in January and what was out there was overpriced. But in the summer I can't see how Arsenal doesn't go for lets say Benzema, Costa, or Balotelli.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 1:08 am

socal1976 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Starlight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Wenger doesn't have a low budget, rather, he neglects to spend heavily because he's stubborn.*

The two should not be confused.

*Apart from when he gets desperate, as was the case with Mesut Ozil.
My point is we don't actually know that for certain.
If you're right, then yes, it is a criticism of Wenger and perhaps he has lost the winning mentality and instead taken the feeder club mentality (buy young and cheap, sell expensive).
But the Ozil transfer suggests differently.

Wenger always spends when the money is available eg Arshavin, Ozil, Walcott. problem is the money has not always been available and so Wenger cannot spend.


CS, I agree with you on most things. But let me ask you a question. Right now with the new commercial deals Arsenal has signed in the last few months  the word is that they are sitting on 120 million pounds in cash reserves (80 million of which is available, 40 million in reserve) . If they don't win the title or the FA cup would it be fair to criticize Wenger if they don't get some real quality with cash on hand in the next window? I for one respect what the man has done for the club and the way he develops young players. But to get over on City and Chelsea I think we need some spending in the next window. I don't think there was much worth buying in January and what was out there was overpriced. But in the summer I can't see how Arsenal doesn't go for lets say Benzema, Costa, or Balotelli.

my take on why we never bought a striker is because 1) no great strikers available and 2) it looks like Puma will fund a move for balotelli to go to Arsenal in the summer.

We can't bash wenger for not spending when he broke the transfer record and bought Ozil for £42 million only a few months ago.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 1:16 am

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Starlight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Wenger doesn't have a low budget, rather, he neglects to spend heavily because he's stubborn.*

The two should not be confused.

*Apart from when he gets desperate, as was the case with Mesut Ozil.
My point is we don't actually know that for certain.
If you're right, then yes, it is a criticism of Wenger and perhaps he has lost the winning mentality and instead taken the feeder club mentality (buy young and cheap, sell expensive).
But the Ozil transfer suggests differently.

Wenger always spends when the money is available eg Arshavin, Ozil, Walcott. problem is the money has not always been available and so Wenger cannot spend.


CS, I agree with you on most things. But let me ask you a question. Right now with the new commercial deals Arsenal has signed in the last few months  the word is that they are sitting on 120 million pounds in cash reserves (80 million of which is available, 40 million in reserve) . If they don't win the title or the FA cup would it be fair to criticize Wenger if they don't get some real quality with cash on hand in the next window? I for one respect what the man has done for the club and the way he develops young players. But to get over on City and Chelsea I think we need some spending in the next window. I don't think there was much worth buying in January and what was out there was overpriced. But in the summer I can't see how Arsenal doesn't go for lets say Benzema, Costa, or Balotelli.

my take on why we never bought a striker is because 1) no great strikers available and 2) it looks like Puma will fund a move for balotelli to go to Arsenal in the summer.

We can't bash wenger for not spending when he broke the transfer record and bought Ozil for £42 million only a few months ago.


I agree with point #1 completely, of the names bandied about I didn't think any of them suited us, would have changed the title race, and/or were worth the amount of money that was being talked about. If we could get Balotelli that would be a game changer. I can't wait to see him feasting on the through balls Ozil provides. I am certainly not bashing Wenger though, as you said he did break the club record in the summer and made one of the most expensive signings in English football history. Hardly fits into the picture of what his detractors are trying to paint.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by It Must Be Love on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 1:20 am

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Starlight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Wenger doesn't have a low budget, rather, he neglects to spend heavily because he's stubborn.*

The two should not be confused.

*Apart from when he gets desperate, as was the case with Mesut Ozil.
My point is we don't actually know that for certain.
If you're right, then yes, it is a criticism of Wenger and perhaps he has lost the winning mentality and instead taken the feeder club mentality (buy young and cheap, sell expensive).
But the Ozil transfer suggests differently.

Wenger always spends when the money is available eg Arshavin, Ozil, Walcott. problem is the money has not always been available and so Wenger cannot spend.

If we're talking about net spend, we have to talk about sales, and these are the players Arsenal sold while being in first XI:
1/ Fabregas
2/ RVP
3/ Hleb
4/ Song
5/ Nasri
6/ Adebayor

Imagine this attack:
Nasri Fabregas Ozil Cazorla
RVP Podolski

I mean that would be the best attacking force in the world.
Ok unrealistic. But still, my point is that he let his best players go too often.
Did he need to, due to financial restraints? Or has his mentality changed to one where top 4 is good enough?
Certainly the Ozil signing was a step in the right direction.

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2679
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 1:23 am

Starlight wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Starlight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Wenger doesn't have a low budget, rather, he neglects to spend heavily because he's stubborn.*

The two should not be confused.

*Apart from when he gets desperate, as was the case with Mesut Ozil.
My point is we don't actually know that for certain.
If you're right, then yes, it is a criticism of Wenger and perhaps he has lost the winning mentality and instead taken the feeder club mentality (buy young and cheap, sell expensive).
But the Ozil transfer suggests differently.

Wenger always spends when the money is available eg Arshavin, Ozil, Walcott. problem is the money has not always been available and so Wenger cannot spend.

If we're talking about net spend, we have to talk about sales, and these are the players Arsenal sold while being in first XI:
1/ Fabregas
2/ RVP
3/ Hleb
4/ Song
5/ Nasri
6/ Adebayor

Imagine this attack:
Nasri Fabregas Ozil Cazorla
RVP Podolski

I mean that would be the best attacking force in the world.

i prefer walcott or ramsey to nasri.



Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 1:27 am

Starlight wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Starlight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Wenger doesn't have a low budget, rather, he neglects to spend heavily because he's stubborn.*

The two should not be confused.

*Apart from when he gets desperate, as was the case with Mesut Ozil.
My point is we don't actually know that for certain.
If you're right, then yes, it is a criticism of Wenger and perhaps he has lost the winning mentality and instead taken the feeder club mentality (buy young and cheap, sell expensive).
But the Ozil transfer suggests differently.

Wenger always spends when the money is available eg Arshavin, Ozil, Walcott. problem is the money has not always been available and so Wenger cannot spend.

If we're talking about net spend, we have to talk about sales, and these are the players Arsenal sold while being in first XI:
1/ Fabregas
2/ RVP
3/ Hleb
4/ Song
5/ Nasri
6/ Adebayor

Imagine this attack:
Nasri Fabregas Ozil Cazorla
RVP Podolski

I mean that would be the best attacking force in the world.
Ok unrealistic. But still, my point is that he let his best players go too often.
Did he need to, due to financial restraints? Or has his mentality changed to one where top 4 is good enough?
Certainly the Ozil signing was a step in the right direction.

fabregas was sold because he wanted to go back to his boyhood club who were the best team in the world. He had been linked to barcelona for 2 years before he was sold, so we kept onto him for a while.

Nasri left due to greed as city offered massive wages.

Adebayor was average if I am being honest, one good season and good business to sell him for £20 million.

RVp said he wanted to leave, had 1 year left on his contract and wouldnt sign a new one. was nearly 30 and injury prone. Gret business to get £25 million for him. Just look at borissa dortmund who were in the same position with lewondowski. he had a year left on his contrct, munich wanted him and other teams would have offered big money but they kept him for the extra year. It never helped them and they are doing poorly in the league. The money and investing in players who want to be there is always better.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 1:31 am

Plus we were going to lose Cesc. Cesc was a catalan player who dreamed of playing for Barca and when Barca wanted him he was going to go. RVP forced his transfer by saying he wouldn't resign. And I agree with CS on this one, I would rather have Theo or Ramsey over Nasri anyday. As for Adebayor he has had attitude issues with basically every manager he has had, although I think he is an exceptionally talented footballer. Song was sold for 20 some odd million pounds and he was never worth that much, Wenger stuck it to Barca on that one.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by It Must Be Love on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 1:34 am

Did they invest the money from those losses in equally good players?

Their 8-2 drubbing was a huge blessing, as they signed many more players.
But could they not have done so earlier?

Again I am playing devils advocate, it is entirely possible Wenger spent as much as he could, in which case he's done a fantastic job.

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2679
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 1:44 am

Starlight wrote:Did they invest the money from those losses in equally good players?

Their 8-2 drubbing was a huge blessing, as they signed many more players.
But could they not have done so earlier?

Again I am playing devils advocate, it is entirely possible Wenger spent as much as he could, in which case he's done a fantastic job.

Well with the money they got for RVP they signed Podolski, Giroud, and Cazorla. (Some of those players they signed before in anticipation of losing RVP) So I think they did buy quality players with the money they received for the transfers. Cazorla was our best player last year and has been playing great in recent weeks. Podolski is an established German international and he has done well whenever he has played. Giroud as well is an established international and along with Ramsey carried us early on in the season. Although he has not played that great since Christmas and I think that may be down to personal problems with a model in his hotel room and what his wife has to say about it. Sometimes you can be too damn sexy I suppose.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Ent on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 2:40 am

Cazorla just sums it all up.

Good player and he was available for te same amount of money 1 year before arsenal signed him (when Fabregas and Nasri left).

For whatever reason wenger didn't go in for him, rvp then decided to leave.

Who knows rvp might have been happier and stayed if cazorla had joined a year earlier.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Guest on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 3:43 am

Although I think Moanrinho had a point, I also think he brings the game of football into disrepute with his personal and disrespectful comments.  He is a multimillionaire and his comments get beamed around the world to impressionable young testosterone filled males.  

Moanrinho comments are also simplistic, childish and spreads the myth that everyone who doesn't win trophies or finishes on top of the competition in this dog-eat-dog world should be labelled as failures and sacked by their billionaire tax exempt paymaster.

Just look what his comments have done to the normally peace-loving and chilled out folk of the v2 forum.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Ent on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 6:40 am

They've riled up the arsenal fans and everyone under the sun is discussing his comments rather than his teams limp performances. No mention of a lack of creativity if hazard is well marshalled etc etc

Love him or loathe him he knows what he is doing.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 7:08 am

Ent wrote:They've riled up the arsenal fans and everyone under the sun is discussing his comments rather than his teams limp performances. No mention of a lack of creativity if hazard is well marshalled etc etc

Love him or loathe him he knows what he is doing.

I disagree completely his comments are not the comments of a master manipulator. If he is motivating anyone he is motivating Arsenal and City to stick it to the loudmouth. If anything Wenger goaded Jose into becoming a giant distraction and painting a big target on his team's back. How does Jose's diatribe make it easier for his team? Hazard having a bad game would have been forgotten by next week. But Jose has given his rivals even more motivation. How does it motivate his own team? Every minute he gets caught up in this silly boobie for tat is a minute he isn't spending on making Chelsea better.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Ent on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 7:38 am

There has been absolutely no focus on his players despite 2 poor results in a row, classic working of the media.

If the other teams react to it he's done his job, the teams going for the title shouldn't need any more motivation.

I don't agree with all of what he says (he often criticises his players publically) but he's successfully deflected the attention away from his team.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by CFCNick on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 8:14 am

Fernando wrote:
CFCNick wrote:
Fernando wrote:
CFCNick wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:I call you and Dior clowns, cretins etc. because you have yet to indicate to me or anybody else for that matter that you have a single shred of intelligence, certainly neither of you have a clue about football.

If you're going to blabber on about facts at least get them right. Arsenal since the arrival of Wenger have a net spend of £70mil however what that doesn't tell you is that until the money men came in you had the biggest wage bill in the premier league. Transfers are two fold they are fees and wage based not just fee based. Nor does it tell you anything about the squad he had at his disposal initially, players like Bergkamp, Adams, Dixon, Winterburn and Keown.

For a club to go from winning the premier league title and then win the fa cup the next year followed by 8 years of winning nothing is quite frankly failure. The remit of Arsenal isn't champions league qualification it is to win trophies.

I think you need to change your sanitary pad, it seems like you are experiencing an unnaturally heavy flow this menstrual cycle. Did mommy and daddy not give you enough attention?

Maybe you and the other Arsenal fans should change your sanitary pads. "Oh no. That manager said something nasty about my manager. I must go on the internet and list his achievements in his honour."

 Maybe you and the other Chelsea fans go Frak yourself?  Your manager gets in a hissy fit and makes personal comments over a comment not aimed at him but all managers that are denying their in the title race. That's being afraid of failure what kind of message does that put out to your side?  

 picard  Dumbass

maybe leave the arguing to them Socal & HH and not bring people like me into it for no reason or can your tiny brain not comprehend that? I would try dumb it for you but i don't see how it would confuse you. So if you don't get it then their is no hope for you go back to your council estate and buy a dictionary you may learn something new.

I underlined the bit that you should take note of...

How did I bring you into it? Did I mention you personally? No. I mentioned Arsenal fans in the sense of the ones such as Socal and CS. Just because I mentioned "Arsenal fans" doesn't mean I meant you. You see? You know what happens when you assume?

The comment aimed at ALL managers was a slight against Jose because every man and his dog on the tele are saying we're gonna win the league and Jose just says he wants to guarantee top 4 first, he doesn't think we are favourites. We score the least goals of the current top 4.

Council estate? Are you Frak serious? I said you don't like, therefore I must be from a council estate.

"buy a dictionary you may learn something new." - last I checked dictionaries didn't hand out life lessons or knowledge about sport. And I'm the dumbass??? clap clap clap 

 thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup 

That's the poorest comeback in the history of 606v2 Nick. I weren't assuming anything you're trying to cover up you being a Mr Winklechops if you were on about ones like Socal & CS why not name them?

Everyone man and his dog change their mind on a weekly basis? It's still no reason to underestimate your own squad. You have the best defense in the league if you can lock people out you only need 1 goal.

Council estate? Are you Frak serious? I said you don't like, therefore I must be from a council estate.  Well at least you can admit where you're from it must be a tough thing to do their i am surprised you want people knowing that  OK  So how's life on the estate Nick?

I never mentioned life lessons or sport knowledge so i don't know where you got that from. it was more to help you understand what was being said which clearly you didn't. Maybe i should start doing my putting gaps in the words to help you understand so you can piece them together...

Im done here you can reply to your hearts content Nick im not going to read it because my the standard of that comeback it'll only be more Poopie anyway.

Can you not see you are doing just what you say Jose did?

You're responding to a comment not aimed at you by calling me a dumbass and saying I live on a council estate.

Class act you are. Do you react the same when women criticise men on TV?

CFCNick

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 29
Location : Bedford, England

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 8:34 am

So, Mourinho is a Tinkywinky, Wenger is good but should be doing a touch better.

I could have told you all this before the strops.

New question:

If this gives Chelsea an edge in the title race is it worth doing? Would you want your manager to do it if it could give you an extra few %? Putting aside whether it does gain you anything, work with me hypothetically.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23269
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Guest on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 11:41 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:New question:

If this gives Chelsea an edge in the title race is it worth doing? Would you want your manager to do it if it could give you an extra few %? Putting aside whether it does gain you anything, work with me hypothetically.
Yes, even sending round the boys to break the legs of the opponents is worth doing if it gains a few % competitive advantage. At the end of the day, when all is said and done, it's the regulators that have to step in to ensure the greater good for the community. Without regulation we get what we get. Even the financial and economic meltdown was due to a severe lack of regulation.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 11:45 am

But what of honour and class?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23269
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by GSC on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 11:47 am

Since when has any of that appealed to Mourinho teams
GSC
GSC

Posts : 39059
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 27
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure - Page 6 Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum