The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+11
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Galted
Adam D
15 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 4 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 8:23

First topic message reminder :

As the old thread is reaching its max again, I thought I would set up a whole new 20 spare pages for you all to talk about things neither cultural or Cup based.

Not that it makes a difference.

All anthropod, cortex and mild stereotyping of northerners welcome in here.

Just don't ask about the 2014 cup competition though.

Last edited by Adam D on Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 8:32; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 4 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:00

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Hahaha I like what Adam is doing with is.......(as much as Tina's new moniker is, of course, utter Love sacks).

When Adam gives me a 30 second window to ban people...

Mind the window, Tino.

Jules, you're a grammar aficionado.  Do I need a comma after 'windows' in my username?

It has bothered me for months now.

Strictly speaking I don't think it does.
Or should that be "Strictly speaking, I don't think it does."?

I suspect it falls under Rule 10, as optional, rather than Rule 4.
http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/commas.asp

Awesome, thanks Jules.

In your rotund face, TopHat.

He 'suspects'.

I suspect the grammar-gimp is wrong.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 4 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:01

TopHat24/7 wrote:

He 'suspects'.

Shocked 

Julius won't be happy about this......

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:03

Because I hyphenated?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:05

TopHat24/7 wrote:Because I hyphenated?

I hyphenated once. Woke up in the Spring. It was lovely.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:06

Sound funnier in your head??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:07

I think we need to up our game on here

Wales scrum dominance?
by The Saint on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:48 pm

.First topic message reminder :

One of the fundamentals during Wales' 27-6 win over France was the success of our scrum. After having come under much scrutiny and questions relating to fitness, Jenkins and Jones came out firing and sent the much vaunted French scrum into white flag mode. This was quite clear to anyone with any rugby nous, so I find it strange that some people can be so bitter over a little Welsh success. For instance, if we look at Figure 1, we can clearly see Wales getting a very strong foothold in the scrum, allowing Faletau a clean pick-up off the back and quick ball for our backs. The English said, "Jenkins collapsed it."

Figure 1

Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsize...

In this next image, one of The Saint's favourites, we clearly see Wales shoving the French scrum backwards and allowing Wales to win a scrum against the head. That's something you don't see very often. That was great play from Wales. The English said, "Jenkins was lying on his belly."

Figure 2
https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/18/49/71/76/scrum210.jpg

Figure's 3 and 4 show the same scrum dominance from different angles.

Figure 3
https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/18/49/71/76/scrum211.jpg

Figure 4
https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/18/49/71/76/scrum212.jpg

Wales in trouble near their own line. It's up to super scrum to ensure ball retention is smooth. They exceed Saint's expectations by once again, sending the French scrum into retreat. The English said. "Jones collapsed it."

Figure 5
https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/18/49/71/76/scrum310.jpg

The following was Saint's next favourite moment. Wales get themselves out of trouble with some outstanding defence, and further stamp their authority on the game by earning a penalty from a total annihilation of France's scrum with their back-up props. Looks like Plan B failed.

Figure 6
https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/18/49/71/76/scrum410.jpg

And the same again.

Figure 7
https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/18/49/71/76/scrum411.jpg

Well I have to admit, we must have been really lucky to get away with this 80 minutes of scrum collapsing. Now, speaking in real terms to the real rugby people, the England scrum got a good pasting from France, and now they're down to their reserve props. Therefore, The Saint can only see scrum time going one way and this is very unfortunate for England. Scrum time dominance will be just one vital factor in trying to get a win at Twickenham, but a very important one none-the-less..

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:08

TopHat24/7 wrote:Sound funnier in your head??

Not really.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:09

Not really.

I have to be in Greenwich at 5. I was wondering what to do in the mean time......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:10

seanmichaels wrote:

Not really.

I have to be in Greenwich at 5. I was wondering what to do in the mean time......

drumroll 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:12

TopHat24/7 wrote:

He 'suspects'.

Shocked 

Julius won't be happy about this......

Doesn't bother me Tino. I suspect one thing, Hat suspects another. I think everyone knows who is by far the more likely to be correct.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:14

Even if I knew you were wrong I would say you were right Julius. You have both a blue badge and are a regular on here, as such you deserve my unflinching support.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:18

Nice to see I merit your top ten tino. Just for that i'll ignore anything to do with your redefinition of child abuse and find new material to abuse you with.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:19

You could have unwarranted pops at my street cred and dress sense, Shah. Everyone seems to think it is ok to do that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:22

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:You could have unwarranted pops at my street cred and dress sense, Shah.  Everyone seems to think it is ok to do that.

I think your campness is your most distinguished / mockable trait.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:23

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:You could have unwarranted pops at my street cred and dress sense, Shah.  Everyone seems to think it is ok to do that.

You're the one that got bummed at school, not me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:27

No, the three most likely to have pops at you are Rowley - Who wears garlic to ward off denim Superflyweight who wears a wig and a kilt and Galted Who fell from an ordinary tree and hit every branch on the way down which subsequently yielded ugli fruit. As personable and amusing as they are, I probably wouldn't be seen dead with them.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:27

If you don't like it, stop wearing green to the office.  vomit 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:30

seanmichaels wrote:

I sense a great regret behind that statement tino

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:31

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Me thinks someone is jealous that some on here don't have to choose their outfit solely based on what is consider flattering.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:32

Rowley wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Me thinks someone is jealous that some on here don't have to choose their outfit solely based on what is consider flattering.

Laugh 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:35

Rowley wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Laugh 

Laugh all you want, wouldn't expect a northerner that spends his days helping illegals remain in the country to understand the importance and subtle nuances of correct office attire in a London business environment.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:36

ShahenshahG wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

You think he's bummed that he didn't get bummed?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:36

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rowley wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Laugh 

Laugh all you want, wouldn't expect a northerner that spends his days helping illegals remain in the country to understand the importance and subtle nuances of correct office attire in a London business environment.

That might be true but at least they don't have to wear their offices

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:37

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rowley wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Laugh 
subtle nuances

Duvet or curtain?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:37

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rowley wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Laugh 

Laugh all you want...

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh 

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:38

TopHat24/7 wrote:

I'm sure he's seen pictures of Ted Heath.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:38

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rowley wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Laugh 
subtle nuances

Duvet or curtain?

laughing clap 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:38

JuliusHMarx wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

You think he's bummed that he didn't get bummed?

Why do you think he's wearing green? Envy - He wears his heart on his attire.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:49

seanmichaels wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:That's a relief. I can get on with my life again now!

Autumn breeze frigidly touches ailing dreadful lives
Harshly darkness quietly surrounds the broken souls
Mellow serenades that once played between hearts
Pathetically have transformed into bitter sad songs

Somewhere beyond the flossy clouds
Cupid has lost his romancing arrows
Plays sad sonorous tunes on his bow
Dedicated to all weepy lonely hearts

Howling chilly wind blows through the mist
Sounds of sorrow spread allover the place
Fuzzy humid air submerges the inner lust
Lives decay slowly as the autumn leaves fall...

Laugh 

The first Culture Cup field trip shouldn't be to the rugger boards, it should be to an emo site. It's a pity you can't measure it but would be interesting to see who could cause the most suicide attempts with their comments, I suspect that it would be Tino.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:52

My money would be on Shah, actually.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:52

Cyber Bullies drive fragile teenagers to suicide is not particularly a headline I want to be part of Galted.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:53

I am a Global Mod now.

I have a two-tone badge.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 4 3559488474 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:55

Rowley wrote:Cyber Bullies drive fragile teenagers to suicide is not particularly a headline I want to be part of Galted.

would that really be such a bad thing? the amount of A&E time, therapy etc...... surely they'd be happier if it all ended quick?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 16:56

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I am a Global Mod now.

I have a two-tone badge.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 4 3559488474 

It matches the shiner your son gave you this morning Laugh I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 17:04

I take one day off work (went to see Dallas Buyers Club - very good) and Tina's been promoted to Reich Chancellor. Utter madness.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 17:06

Jealousy is such a destructive emotion, super.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 17:06

superflyweight wrote:I take one day off work (went to see Dallas Buyers Club - very good) and Tina's been promoted to Reich Chancellor.  Utter madness.

He's like Nick Clegg or John prescott - a figure of ridicule to distract from the serious business

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 17:09

What, the serious business of being Tony Blair or Dave Cameron?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 17:13

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:What, the serious business of being Tony Blair or Dave Cameron?

No, handing out titles

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 17:20

Prescott was one of my favourite politicians - punching that farmer helped win my vote at the following GE!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 17:22

TopHat24/7 wrote:Prescott was one of my favourite politicians - punching that farmer helped win my vote at the following GE!

You were rubbing elbows with Prescott weren't you Tophat - not through any ideological accord but because only two of you could fit in greggs at the time.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 17:23

And that is why Shah would be better than Tino at ripping into an emo board....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 17:24

ShahenshahG wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Prescott was one of my favourite politicians - punching that farmer helped win my vote at the following GE!

You were rubbing elbows with Prescott weren't you Tophat - not through any ideological accord but because only two of you could fit in greggs at the time.

Though I would note that I haven't been into a Greggs since I left Uni (several years ago, before you remark). Dreadfully common.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 17:26

TopHat24/7 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Though I would note that I haven't been into a Greggs since I left Uni (several years ago, before you remark). Dreadfully common.....

Do you mean since you graduated or Physically? Its not beyond the realm of possiblity that you could be in both places at the same time.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 17:27

Did 'physically' require a capital 'P'?

Also, *It's.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 17:32

TopHat24/7 wrote:Did 'physically' require a capital 'P'?

Also, *It's.

I notice you sidestepped the question, which is no mean feat considering your bulk, but even I make mistakes Tophat.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 17:41

I have a mean side-step, Shah, like Ollie Le Roux..!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 17:45

TopHat24/7 wrote:I have a mean side-step, Shah, like Ollie Le Roux..!

Or "Loux Rollie"

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 7:35

Polemical on here today

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 7:44

There are no Poles here.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next