The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+11
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Galted
Adam D
15 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Feb 2014, 4:23 am

First topic message reminder :

As the old thread is reaching its max again, I thought I would set up a whole new 20 spare pages for you all to talk about things neither cultural or Cup based.

Not that it makes a difference.

All anthropod, cortex and mild stereotyping of northerners welcome in here.

Just don't ask about the 2014 cup competition though.

Last edited by Adam D on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 28 Feb 2014, 5:44 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:'Manager' now? I'm sure you have the full confidence of the board.

As long I have your confidence, I don't give a sh*t about anyone else.

You're the man(ager).

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 28 Feb 2014, 5:45 am

Rowley wrote:You do wonder how he found the time with all the economic and political think tanks he was on as well.

Maybe he has now transceded and becom a being of pure thought, who does not ahere to the normal rules of time and space?

(or he has exploded in a massive hissy fit)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Feb 2014, 5:48 am

rick_dagless wrote:

(or he has exploded in a massive hissy fit)

He won't like my new found prestige.

He hated me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 28 Feb 2014, 5:51 am

Tino wrote:He won't like my new found prestige.

He hated me.

We have solved the problem I feel

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 28 Feb 2014, 5:52 am

Ah yes, good old Coxy. The David Brent of v2.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Feb 2014, 5:53 am

88Chris05 wrote:Ah yes, good old Coxy. The David Brent of v2.

Just without the charm.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Feb 2014, 5:55 am

If Coxy is Brent who is Finchy?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 28 Feb 2014, 5:55 am

Rowley wrote:

Nearly done....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Feb 2014, 5:56 am

Rowley wrote:

Michaels?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Feb 2014, 5:57 am

I was thinking Lumbering, the unwarranted belief he is superior to everyone on here sealed it for me.

Top Hat is obviously Keith.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Feb 2014, 5:59 am

Rowley wrote:

After the diet.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 28 Feb 2014, 5:59 am

He was a mix of both. An all-round great, super sophisticated guy who was a dab hand at sports and a classy singer-song writer, who still found time to pull "a 19 year old bird, Ferrari chassis, fantastic set of shells and legs up to her arse!" while reading a book a week.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:02 am

88Chris05 wrote:He was a mix of both. An all-round great, super sophisticated guy who was a dab hand at sports and a classy singer-song writer, who still found time to pull "a 19 year old bird, Ferrari chassis, fantastic set of shells and legs up to her arse!" while reading a book a week.

I read a book a week though it takes me much longer than a week.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:04 am

I Always had Trussy down as Finchy

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:04 am

Galted wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:He was a mix of both. An all-round great, super sophisticated guy who was a dab hand at sports and a classy singer-song writer, who still found time to pull "a 19 year old bird, Ferrari chassis, fantastic set of shells and legs up to her arse!" while reading a book a week.

I read a book a week though it takes me much longer than a week.

That reminds me of a comment a mate I used to work with made, he did not watch a lot of films and we were discussing best trilogies. He said "Back to the Future is the best trilogy, but the last two are a bit rubbish"

Last edited by Rowley on Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:05 am

All alone on a darkened cliff
With sharpened knife and half-smoked spliff
Even the circling seagulls ignore my pain
Too late now.. I've missed the last train

The store manager said: No Poles allowed
and made fun of my scars (of which I am proud)
I crawled back home... bleeding eyes welled with tears
That acid was undiluted; so said my only friend Piers

So I blended some cockroaches in a smoothie of sorts
and waited for the inevitable barrage of insensitive retorts
Even my pet funnel webs could see that I was unhappy
So they all pitched in for a weekend in Taihape

But try as I might - my life will never be up to it
Snubbed by Ladyhawke... and now Noise Ratchet
The lake looked so placid and inviting to me
I first waded in for a discrete underwater pee

No one could see me; I felt so frightened and phony
Even more so ever than that novelist Truman Capote
I read the last line of my favourite novel by J.D. Salinger
Then took a deep breath... like the crew of The Challenger

Under the water was so peaceful and serene
I could see the moon vaguely... and the reeds were so clean
An eel came up and saw my deep sorrow
And called on its friends to impersonate Annalise Morrow

I'm finding it hard to end my life as I type
The oxygen is scare... my fingers aren't ripe
Oh please help me go... I can't take any more!
Might have been easier to go to Geneva's Red Door

Last edited by Linebreaker on Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:06 am

Frak Emos

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:06 am

This could turn in to the worlds most Emo Rap battle

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:07 am

Rowley wrote:I was thinking Lumbering, the unwarranted belief he is superior to everyone on here sealed it for me.

Do love a scotch egg.

And was explaining the 'fanny pack' joke to my Hungarian flatmate the other night....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:16 am

The evidence is mounting.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:21 am

You must be Jimmy the perv.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:24 am

Galted is Gareth, I could see Gareth making his clothing choices based on their practicality.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:26 am

Rowley wrote:The evidence is mounting.

I also have a beard, if that helps.

Not a goatee, but including the chin straps round to the sideburns.

I thicker, fuller, version of a 'Craig David', as my colleagues like to remind/rip me.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:26 am

Rowley wrote:Galted is Gareth, I could see Gareth making his clothing choices based on their practicality.

Definitely!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:28 am

Rowley wrote:Galted is Gareth, I could see Gareth making his clothing choices based on their practicality.

I think he is more like the computer geek who thinks that Bruce Lee was a triad.

With michaels playing Gareth, enthralled by everything the IT geek says......

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:29 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rowley wrote:The evidence is mounting.

I also have a beard, if that helps.

Not a goatee, but including the chin straps round to the sideburns.

I thicker, fuller, version of a 'Craig David', as my colleagues like to remind/rip me.

Us in the beard community to not really count that as having a beard, it sounds too overly trimmed to count.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:33 am

I think he is more like the computer geek who thinks that Bruce Lee was a triad.

He is my favourite character, he should be a professional formula 1 driver.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:34 am

Rowley wrote:

He is my favourite character, he should be a professional formula 1 driver.

Errrr, no. It's not your computer, it's Wernham Hogg's computer.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:37 am

You seen the fight between Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris in Enter the Dragon, Rowley?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:40 am

With michaels playing Gareth, enthralled by everything the IT geek says......

Laugh clap

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:42 am

I have no idea what any of you are talking about.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:43 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I have no idea what any of you are talking about.

Have you never seen The Office or did you see it but have subsequently forgotten you ever watched it?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:43 am

88Chris05 wrote:You seen the fight between Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris in Enter the Dragon, Rowley?

Is Chuck in Enter the Dragon??

I know Jackie Chan is....

Jim Kelly, RIP.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:46 am

88Chris05 wrote:You seen the fight between Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris in Enter the Dragon, Rowley?

No I haven't, I've seen the fight between Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris in Way of the Dragon.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:47 am

W
Chris wrote:You seen the fight between Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris in Enter the Dragon, Rowley?

Way of the Dragon was it not? In the Collosseum

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:48 am

Though Enter the Dragon had Donnie Yen, Bolo Yeung and a young Jackie Chan

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:48 am

TopHat and Rick, go straight to the dunces corner.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:48 am

Same here - never watched the office, or much at all really.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:49 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:TopHat and Rick, go straight to the dunces corner.

Rick first, then Tophat piece by piece, This aint factory farming.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:50 am

Tino wrote:TopHat and Rick, go straight to the dunces corner.

What have i done wrong?

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:50 am

Have you never seen The Office or did you see it but have subsequently forgotten you ever watched it?

Seen most episodes - didn't commit the characters names to memory & hadn't realised it had become the replacement for Monty Python for saddos who go around quoting the lines etc.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:50 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Seen most episodes - didn't commit the characters names to memory & hadn't realised it had become the replacement for Monty Python for saddos who go around quoting the lines etc.

You're having a laugh saying that.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:50 am

Idiots.

I'm Neil, suave, well-spoken, well-liked and respected.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:51 am

Galted wrote:Idiots.

With undertones of gayness.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:53 am

Why am I being farmed into the dunces corner?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:53 am

Galted wrote:Idiots.

Neil wears Armani, you wear Jack Wolfskin, you're virtually his doppleganger.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:53 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Didn't David Bowie sing about Rowley?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:54 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Leave this to me Sean, this is big boy sh!t

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:54 am

rick_dagless wrote:

What have i done wrong?

Exactly, we're not the ones who f***ed up.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Feb 2014, 6:56 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

What have i done wrong?

Exactly, we're not the ones who f***ed up.

You did in the context of quoting The Office.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next