The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+11
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Galted
Adam D
15 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 13 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:23 am

First topic message reminder :

As the old thread is reaching its max again, I thought I would set up a whole new 20 spare pages for you all to talk about things neither cultural or Cup based.

Not that it makes a difference.

All anthropod, cortex and mild stereotyping of northerners welcome in here.

Just don't ask about the 2014 cup competition though.

Last edited by Adam D on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 13 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Mar 2014, 3:53 pm

Turgid.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 13 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:55 am

Nocturnal on here.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Mar 2014, 7:05 am

Diurnal now.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 7:53 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Nocturnal on here.

0:55! Bloody hell Jules, what happened there? Did you get up for a wee and forget where your bedroom was?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 7:56 am

And happy birthday to Jeff

cake 

I hope he is alright in Laandan. It can be a cruel and unforgiving place. They won't care if it is his birthday or not.

What if he forgets that cars move faster than horses and steps into the road. Or even worse, he meets TopHat.

Please be safe, Jeffrey.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Mar 2014, 7:58 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:And happy birthday to Jeff

cake 

I hope he is alright in Laandan.  It can be a cruel and unforgiving place.  They won't care if it is his birthday or not.

What if he forgets that cars move faster than horses and steps into the road.  Or even worse, he meets TopHat.

Please be safe, Jeffrey.

I'm with you on that, and happy birthday, Jeff. Throughout the day I shall be keeping a lookout for bewildered northerners and helping them to cross roads and use escalators.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 8:05 am

I will keep my wits about me as well in case I see a confused looking man wearing a '41 today' badge that is being driven back every time he tries to cross a road.

He might pop in Wrap-It-Up after your reviews and get confused by the lack of whippet pie and stoat pancakes. Help him out, Galted, if you see him in there.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Mar 2014, 8:09 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Nocturnal on here.

0:55!  Bloody hell Jules, what happened there?  Did you get up for a wee and forget where your bedroom was?

Not far past my usual bedtime Tino. 12:15 - 12:45 in general. Depends what's on TV. You need less sleep as you get older.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 05 Mar 2014, 8:09 am

Many thanks for your kind words and concern. Have just got on train so nerves are kicking in. Don't fear cars or fancy foods , but meeting top hat is terrifying

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Mar 2014, 8:10 am

Happy birthday Jeff. Not that's there's anything happy about being 41. You'll be 50 soon.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 8:10 am

Rowley wrote:but meeting top hat is terrifying

At least he will be easy to avoid. Just hide behind a building every time you see Jabba the Hutt waddling down the road.

What did TSMR get you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 05 Mar 2014, 8:16 am

Nothing yet Tina going shopping this evening

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Mar 2014, 8:18 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I will keep my wits about me as well in case I see a confused looking man wearing a '41 today' badge that is being driven back every time he tries to cross a road.

He might pop in Wrap-It-Up after your reviews and get confused by the lack of whippet pie and stoat pancakes.  Help him out, Galted, if you see him in there.

No worries, I'm in with the Wrap-It-Up staff and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to come up with some north-friendly bogus dishes to make Jeff feel at home.

"Stoat pancakes" did make me laugh, I might try ordering them the next time I eat in a pretentious restaurant and a waiter treats me with disdain.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 8:21 am

Galted wrote:

"Stoat pancakes" did make me laugh, I might try ordering them the next time I eat in a pretentious restaurant and a waiter treats me with disdain.

I was going to steal from Life of Brian and use 'wolf nipple chips' in the hope of luring Julius in. I know he likes Monty Python and I felt sorry for him t'other day when he couldn't join in The Office quotes.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 Mar 2014, 8:22 am

Morning all, Many happy returns for the day Jeff.

I think you may be ok in Wrap it Up, it sounds all together too healthy for Toppy

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Mar 2014, 8:26 am

Galted wrote:

I was going to steal from Life of Brian and use 'wolf nipple chips' in the hope of luring Julius in.  I know he likes Monty Python and I felt sorry for him t'other day when he couldn't join in The Office quotes.

Did you ever see the Ricky Gervais/Garry Shandling interview. One comedy genius talking to.....Ricky Gervais.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Mar 2014, 8:52 am

I was going to steal from Life of Brian and use 'wolf nipple chips' in the hope of luring Julius in.  I know he likes Monty Python and I felt sorry for him t'other day when he couldn't join in The Office quotes.

Well, then, he shouldn't be allowed near animals.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 8:55 am

Rowley wrote:Many thanks for your kind words and concern. Have just got on train so nerves are kicking in. Don't fear cars or fancy foods , but meeting top hat is terrifying

Happy birthday sir.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:00 am

Watched 'A Time to Kill' last night. Acceptable Galted?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:04 am

seanmichaels wrote:Watched 'A Time to Kill' last night. Acceptable Galted?

Watching it is acceptable only if you admit afterwards that it's a shower of sh1t and that your two-and-a-half hours could have been better spent.  Scored a 4 on the GSoE after I'd spent two pounds and ninety-nine pence on it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:06 am

What's wrong with it? I like southern drawl.

Have you seen Life with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:17 am

seanmichaels wrote:What's wrong with it? I like southern drawl.

Have you seen Life with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence?

Haven't seen Life.

It's quite a while since I saw A Time To Kill so I can't remember everything I hate about it but the stereotyping was a bit annoying, the rousing summing-up was insulting to the intelligence, the verdict was moronically unrealistic, the "he's innocent" line was excruciating and the characters were non-dimensional. It only got 4 because Ashley Judd is pretty decent w*nk material.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:23 am

I thought it was good.

Life is one of my favourite films. Some cracking lines in it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:36 am

Life sucks.
Oh, my mistake, you were talking about the film.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:37 am

Have added Life to the Lovefilm list.

I seem to be in a minority of one in thinking that A Time To Kill was crap, probably justifies chucking a Romanian into the Thames the next time I cross Westminster Bridge.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:41 am

Galted wrote:Have added Life to the Lovefilm list.

I seem to be in a minority of one in thinking that A Time To Kill was crap, probably justifies chucking a Romanian into the Thames the next time I cross Westminster Bridge.

Is it the one where the lawyer says "now imagine she was black" in his summing up speech or something like that?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:44 am

Isn't a Time to Kill the one based on the John Grisham book??

The book's great and I think you've sold the film short, not that it's great, but pretty decent certainly.

Oh, and happy birthday Jeff.

Oh again, and F*CK YOU, Tino.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:46 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Oh again, and F*CK YOU, Tino.

Laugh 
 Hug 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:47 am

Galted wrote:probably justifies chucking a Romanian into the Thames the next time I cross Westminster Bridge.

Don't ever feel like you need justification for that.

Providing she's not one of the smoking hot ones, preferably one of the gyppo ones, don't hold back....!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:48 am

Is it the one where the lawyer says "now imagine she was black" in his summing up speech or something like that?

Would be more likely to have been "imagine she was white" but sounds like it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:52 am

Galted wrote:

Well that says it all then. Not only is it the one thing I remember about the film, it was so unmemorable that I got it wrong.

I will give it a 3 on the GSoE. It loses a mark as I don't want to think of you w*nking over Ashley Judd. No offense, old pal.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:58 am

Galted wrote:

Well that says it all then.  Not only is it the one thing I remember about the film, it was so unmemorable that I got it wrong.

I will give it a 3 on the GSoE.  It loses a mark as I don't want to think of you w*nking over Ashley Judd.  No offense, old pal.

None taken. Didn't actually break out into a w*nk, was more than likely seething over my £2.99.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:59 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Well that says it all then.  Not only is it the one thing I remember about the film, it was so unmemorable that I got it wrong.

I will give it a 3 on the GSoE.  It loses a mark as I don't want to think of you w*nking over Ashley Judd.  No offense, old pal.

None taken.  Didn't actually break out into a w*nk, was more than likely seething over my £2.99.

And thanks for ensuring that I'm no longer a minority of one. With some peer pressure we could probably get michaels to change his mind.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:01 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Galted wrote:probably justifies chucking a Romanian into the Thames the next time I cross Westminster Bridge.

Providing she's not one of the smoking hot ones, preferably one of the gyppo ones, don't hold back....!

I normally have a policy of sparing the hotties but there is a danger they'll just churn out more gypos.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:02 am

Galted wrote:

And thanks for ensuring that I'm no longer a minority of one.  With some peer pressure we could probably get michaels to change his mind.

I think if we both keep telling him we agree with him about how sh*t the film is, it will only take a few posts before he gets confused and starts to fall in line.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:05 am

Galted wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

I normally have a policy of sparing the hotties but there is a danger they'll just churn out more gypos.

Nah, the hotties will pair up with decent rich folk for an easy life so no chance of sprogging any future scum.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:07 am

Sandra Bullock was in it. She would get it sideways.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:11 am

The film is rubbish, Grisham is a hack.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:22 am

Film snobs. Good entertaining movie full stop. Good mullet as well.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:23 am

seanmichaels wrote:full stop

Why didn't you use '.'?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:23 am

Just be sure to check your pockets before you make the release.

Last edited by Linebreaker on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:24 am

seanmichaels wrote:Good mullet as well

Pat Sharpe or Hillbilly murderer?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:32 am

rick_dagless wrote:

Hillbilly murderer although he was shamefully wasteful with his beer cans.

Tino - FULL STOP was for emphasis. All the kids are using it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:35 am

seanmichaels wrote:

I know full stop I was trying to be funny comma it obviously didn apostrophe t work full stop

You should have used FACT

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:40 am

seanmichaels wrote:

I know full stop  I was trying to be funny comma it obviously didn apostrophe t work full stop

You should have used FACT

His english teacher used to bum him every time he called opinion fact. So now he uses it in the privacy of his toilet only and not on a forum.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:46 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
His english teacher used to bum him every time he called opinion fact. So now he uses it in the privacy of his toilet only and not on a forum.

My English teacher actually made me cry. I was never really that good at acting or reading and he slated me for my interpretation of Bottom's (acted) death in A midsummer Night's dream.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:52 am

seanmichaels wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Even the under-8s that chin their Dads into submission?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:54 am

seanmichaels wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

My English teacher actually made me cry. I was never really that good at acting or reading and he slated me for my interpretation of Bottom's (acted) death in A midsummer Night's dream.

We had a pretty decent one but she looked like a pug who hit all the branches of the ugly tree then landed on galteds face. Put us off.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:57 am

To celebrate this fine day, this birthday of rowleys - a little levity amid the seriousness of this thread.

Gather round ye children of leisure and listen to the Chronicles of Rowley, hark ye and gather closer to the fire lest there be daemons lurking in the shadows. Our hero, the noble protagonist, Rowley who has been compelled to embark on a quest within a land so dangerous they only allow immigrants to move there. England.

Part one: Tophat

Species: Human
Subspecies: Ballbag
Distinctive marks: Chocolate stains around the lips and poor people blood at the soles of the feet.

Summary:

First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for tophat - I did not speak out because they couldn't move him.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:58 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Even the under-8s that chin their Dads into submission?

I am disappointed, Julius.  I really hoped you or Galted would pass comment on my reply to sean.  This part in particular:

Tino wrote: I know full stop I was trying to be funny comma it obviously didn apostrophe t work full stop

I really thought it was my finest work and would appeal to yours and Galted's humour.

I won't lie, I am pretty upset right now.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next