The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+11
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Galted
Adam D
15 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 14 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:23 am

First topic message reminder :

As the old thread is reaching its max again, I thought I would set up a whole new 20 spare pages for you all to talk about things neither cultural or Cup based.

Not that it makes a difference.

All anthropod, cortex and mild stereotyping of northerners welcome in here.

Just don't ask about the 2014 cup competition though.

Last edited by Adam D on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 14 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 05 Mar 2014, 11:00 am

Why did only half my post come up?!

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 14 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 11:01 am

Shah's been on the wacky baccie again.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 05 Mar 2014, 11:04 am

Yeah I have to be honest, took the country route from bolton back to luton through the lake district - got high and it was Frak fantastic

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 11:06 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Yeah I have to be honest, took the country route from bolton back to luton through the lake district - got high and it was Frak fantastic

That's a bit of a detour. You don't mean the peak district?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 05 Mar 2014, 11:09 am

No we drove specifically to kill 14 hours

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Mar 2014, 11:12 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Good mullet as well

Pat Sharpe or Hillbilly murderer?

Hillbilly murderer although he was shamefully wasteful with his beer cans.

Tino - FULL STOP was for emphasis. All the kids are using it.

Even the under-8s that chin their Dads into submission?

I am disappointed, Julius.  I really hoped you or Galted would pass comment on my reply to sean.  This part in particular:

Tino wrote: I know full stop I was trying to be funny comma it obviously didn apostrophe t work full stop

I really thought it was my finest work and would appeal to yours and Galted's humour.

I won't lie, I am pretty upset right now.

It was excellent, Tino, truly excellent. I am somewhat reluctant to join in the p1ss-taking of michaels though on account of his depression, alcoholism, Francophilia and unpopular bird table.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 11:15 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

I am disappointed, Julius.  I really hoped you or Galted would pass comment on my reply to sean.  This part in particular:

Tino wrote: I know full stop I was trying to be funny comma it obviously didn apostrophe t work full stop

I really thought it was my finest work and would appeal to yours and Galted's humour.

It was excellent, Tino, truly excellent.  I am somewhat reluctant to join in the p1ss-taking of michaels though on account of his depression, alcoholism, Francophilia and unpopular bird table.

Thanks pal.  For a minute there, I was considering self-harming.

It was only gentle ribbing of michaels.  I have a deep rooted affection for the lad really.  I want to take him home (non-gay) and give him a good wash, get his hair cut, shave the beard off and get a good nights sleep.  I will even read him a book till he nods off.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 05 Mar 2014, 11:17 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

It was excellent, Tino, truly excellent.  I am somewhat reluctant to join in the p1ss-taking of michaels though on account of his depression, alcoholism, Francophilia and unpopular bird table.

It was only gentle ribbing michaels.  I have a deep rooted affection for the lad really.  I want to take him home (non-gay) and give him a good wash, get his hair cut, shave the beard off and get a good nights sleep.  I will even read him a book till he nods off.

If you do that he won't stink of Poopie onion and garlic - his wife will leave him

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 11:21 am

It was only gentle ribbing of michaels.  I have a deep rooted affection for the lad really.  I want to take him home (non-gay) and give him a good wash, get his hair cut, shave the beard off and get a good nights sleep.  I will even read him a book till he nods off.

2 hours sleep last night. My beard is unruly, hair a mess and one of my shoelaces has snapped.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 11:23 am

ShahenshahG wrote:

If you do that he won't stink of Poopie onion and garlic - his wife will leave him

whoooaaahh. Hold on. Michaels is not married (3rd person used for emphasis). Might be engaged but it hasn't been brought up for a few years.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 11:27 am

seanmichaels wrote:

2 hours sleep last night. My beard is unruly, hair a mess and one of my shoelaces has snapped.

I can help with the sleep, beard and hair, but Galted is probably your best bet for new shoelaces.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Mar 2014, 11:30 am

seanmichaels wrote:

I can help with the sleep, beard and hair, but Galted is probably your best bet for new shoelaces.

I treated my Hi-Tecs to a new pair of laces and they (the Hi-Tecs) destroyed them (the laces). Snapped after two days and kept on snapping in different places when I tied them together. The laces cost £2.99 which, coincidentally, is the amount that I paid for A Time To Kill.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 11:30 am

They are brown shoe laces Galted.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 11:41 am

I am touched by the offer though Tino.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:04 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I am touched by the offer though Tino.

You're welcome.

I have some good WWII books that I read to you whilst you nod off. I know you you're interested in WWII.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:12 pm

You're welcome.

I have some good WWII books that I read to you whilst you nod off.  I know you you're interested in WWII.

I think he prefers the films to the books.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:14 pm

Galted wrote:

You're welcome.

I have some good WWII books that I read to you whilst you nod off.  I know you you're interested in WWII.

I think he prefers the films to the books.

I have some good WWII films as well, but I fear that won't help him get to sleep.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:16 pm

I didn't notice this little gem at first, superb demonstration of when to use an apostrophe and when not to.  And it gives me the opportunity to put my name in bold.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:22 pm

Galted wrote:

I didn't notice this little gem at first, superb demonstration of when to use an apostrophe and when not to.  And it gives me the opportunity to put my name in bold.

Thanks GALTED

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:23 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Belated apologies Tino. I was especially impressed by "didn apostrophe t".

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:27 pm

Thanks Jules.

You and Galted have posted me down from the ledge.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:30 pm

The edge of the ledge or did you hedge?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:36 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:The edge of the ledge or did you hedge?

I am in a hedge.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:59 pm

How can we dance when out earth is turning?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 1:01 pm

seanmichaels wrote:How can we dance when out earth is turning?

Is your bed burning?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 1:04 pm

Is your bed burning?

Quite possibly. I may have left the iron on this morning.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 1:06 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Is your bed burning?

You iron your bed? Or was it some French sex game that you and your fiancé were doing?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Mar 2014, 1:14 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:The edge of the ledge or did you hedge?

I am in a hedge.  

We'll set up a fund to get you out.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 1:15 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Is your bed burning?

You iron your bed?  Or was it some French sex game that you and your fiancé were doing?

We don't have a laundry wing so the iron is used in the bedroom. True none anthropodic story - mate of mine was ironing and singed his helmet so badly it required medical attention. He has problems generally with his hampton though, during gardening leave he was over zealous with his cuffing to the extent that his hampton eventually became a bloody wreck.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 1:20 pm

Has anybody heard from Jeff?

I did hear some sirens going off earlier and wondered if Jeff had seen some televisions in the window of Currys and started trying to break them all whilst screaming about witchcraft and powers of darkness.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Mar 2014, 1:28 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Has anybody heard from Jeff?  

I did hear some sirens going off earlier and wondered if Jeff had seen some televisions in the window of Currys and started trying to break them all whilst screaming about witchcraft and powers of darkness.

He's just arrived.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 14 Horse-and-cart-recycling-005

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 Mar 2014, 1:35 pm

Very kind of Boris to give him a lift.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 Mar 2014, 1:48 pm

Possibly a Romanian Gentleman trying to esacpe being thrown in the Thames

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 1:55 pm

I have bad news to report. Jeff has run in to trouble with the law after emptying his 'waste' bucket out of the office window on to unsuspecting passers by.

Spoiler:

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 3:59 pm

Cracking test match. Saffas are a stubborn bunch of c**ts.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 Mar 2014, 4:12 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Cracking test match. Saffas are a stubborn bunch of c**ts.

If I hadn't opened the front and back doors at 02:45am to let the good luck spirits flow through.... we would have been slowly and painfully stuffed.

Thought they'd lost it when Philander was given a life. Just what we didn't need... another bloody controversy.

Geez... sport is killing me.

(cue: emo poem from Galted entitlted "Sport Is Killing Me... Slowly"

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 4:17 pm

It was much more fun when you lot were rubbish at cricket, LB.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 Mar 2014, 4:24 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:It was much more fun when you lot were rubbish at cricket, LB.

For all of 30 months (including drinks breaks) you mean? Not 30 years like your rabble.

Don't worry mate, they'll get their act back together soon.
You start with poaching our water boys, groundsmen... then work your way up again.  Smile 

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm

Linebreaker wrote:

I hope so, it is mildly depressing at the moment. I have tickets for Lords on the 14th June against Sri Lanka. They better buck their ideas up or I shall be very cross.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 05 Mar 2014, 4:30 pm

Linebreaker wrote:

I hope so, it is mildly depressing at the moment.  I have tickets for Lords on the 14th June against Sri Lanka.  They better buck their ideas up or I shall be very cross.

I thought you were exclusively interested in boxing and egg and spoon races tino with a fetish for insects. Its sad that your idea of a midlife crisis is going to lords.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 4:33 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

I hope so, it is mildly depressing at the moment.  I have tickets for Lords on the 14th June against Sri Lanka.  They better buck their ideas up or I shall be very cross.

I thought you were exclusively interested in boxing and egg and spoon races tino with a fetish for insects. Its sad that your idea of a midlife crisis is going to lords.

Rugby, boxing and cricket are my sports, Shah.  I watch a bit of darts but that isn't a sport.    

That and being a snappily dressed lothario.  Beating off all the women becomes a form of sport.

Surely I need to at least get to 41 before I have a mid-life crisis?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 Mar 2014, 4:35 pm

Linebreaker wrote:

I know exactly how you feel. (Just said the same to the Saffas on the other thread)

Surely you can do much better against SL and is it India just afterwards?

England need to get Morgan back into the Test side (no better option with the retirements) and obviously fast-track the confidence rebuilding of the team as a unit. Hopefully Giles can muster the right attitude and get them to concentrate on playing their best game rather than getting bogged down by all the politics. (the Australian way)  OK 

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 05 Mar 2014, 4:38 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

Rugby, boxing and cricket are my sports, Shah.  I watch a bit of darts but that isn't a sport.    

That and being a  snappily dressed lothario.  Beating off all the women becomes a form of sport.

Surely I need to at least get to 41 before I have a mid-life crisis?

Living in mortal terror for 15:30pm every weekday probably aged you by a decade tino

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Mar 2014, 4:41 pm

Linebreaker wrote:

Surely you can do much better against SL and is it India just afterwards?

Yep that is right. Sri Lanka in an early English summer should be a confidence builder with the ball swinging around and we did whitewash India last time we played them at home.

But, we don't talk about whitewashes around here. Ever. Just don't.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 05 Mar 2014, 4:54 pm

SA and Aus are now broken. Whenever sides play intensely to get to the top they'll break down. Harris and Steyn buggered.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 7:53 am

I hope Jeff made it back.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 06 Mar 2014, 8:05 am

Me too, kept a lookout for him between The Strand and Lower Regent Street last night but no sign.  There was some chubbyish person out on his back in a garage doorway in Whitcomb Street but his groaning didn't sound very northern when I kicked him in the head for a while.  He didn't react when I gave him a thoroughly good bumming which is further evidence that it wasn't Jeff as he's not into that sort of thing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 8:10 am

Galted wrote: He didn't react when I gave him a thoroughly good bumming which is further evidence that it wasn't Jeff as he's not into that sort of thing.

Shocked   Laugh 

I was just eating a bowl of cereal but I have now gobbed half of it over my desk. There are cornflakes in my keyboard.

I have started eating cereal at work, these days. I don't actually like cereal that much but my colleague (the fat one who smokes a lot) made a comment about how annoying he found it so I have started.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Mar 2014, 8:12 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I hope Jeff made it back.

Jeff back or Jeff Beck?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 8:14 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I hope Jeff made it back.

Jeff back or Jeff Beck?

Jeff Beck.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next