The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+11
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Galted
Adam D
15 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 15 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:23 am

First topic message reminder :

As the old thread is reaching its max again, I thought I would set up a whole new 20 spare pages for you all to talk about things neither cultural or Cup based.

Not that it makes a difference.

All anthropod, cortex and mild stereotyping of northerners welcome in here.

Just don't ask about the 2014 cup competition though.

Last edited by Adam D on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 15 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Mar 2014, 8:19 am

Northerners....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-26456029

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 15 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Thu 06 Mar 2014, 8:22 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote: He didn't react when I gave him a thoroughly good bumming which is further evidence that it wasn't Jeff as he's not into that sort of thing.

Shocked   Laugh 

I was just eating a bowl of cereal but I have now gobbed half of it over my desk.  There are cornflakes in my keyboard.

I have started eating cereal at work, these days.  I don't actually like cereal that much but my colleague (the fat one who smokes a lot) made a comment about how annoying he found it so I have started.

My keyboard's similar but it's an accumulation over months and a lack of arsedness to change it.

Was thinking regarding your second point, the "how much will it annoy the angry Kiwi" has played a part in the selection of every lunch I've had this week.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 8:22 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Northerners....

Don't see what the problem is here. That Staffordshire bull terrier shouldn't have paraded round with lipstick on.

Dirty thing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 06 Mar 2014, 8:25 am

Don't see what the problem is here.  That Staffordshire bull terrier shouldn't have paraded round with lipstick on.

Dirty thing.

To be fair to him we don't know which end of the Staffie he penetrated, might turn out he deserves our respect.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 8:26 am

Galted wrote:

Don't see what the problem is here.  That Staffordshire bull terrier shouldn't have paraded round with lipstick on.

Dirty thing.

To be fair to him we don't know which end of the Staffie he penetrated, might turn out he deserves our respect.

We don't even know if they are still together as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 8:30 am

I just downloaded the video.

It cuts off just after Wayne and the staffie lay back on the bed and have a post-coital cigarette together.

This story is b*llocks and the BBC should know better.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Mar 2014, 8:31 am

I think it's outrageous - smoking in bed is a genuine fire risk.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 8:33 am

Laugh 

I would laugh if it was Lumbering Jack's staffie.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Mar 2014, 8:35 am

The Sun's headline - "Skeggy staffie stiffy"

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Mar 2014, 9:52 am

Someone was nobbing my old man's missus's horses. They kept finding stuff out of place and the last time he came he'd built a stand for extra purchase. Caught a couple of months back at another place. Dirty barsteward.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 9:55 am

Horses are dirty. The way they swoosh their tails around. Gagging for it, all of 'em.

Filthy beasts.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Mar 2014, 9:57 am

It's nice to know I've contributed to dragging the culture cup down to new lows, even by it's own standards.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 06 Mar 2014, 9:58 am

Beastly on here today

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:00 am

I'm trying to think, if I absolutely had to, what animal I would do....... Perhaps a dolphin?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:01 am

seanmichaels wrote:I'm trying to think, if I absolutely had to, what animal I would do....... Perhaps a dolphin?

Too slippery.

I would go for an ape. At least you could communicate afterwards.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:02 am

Laugh 

You could eat each others parasites whilst communicating.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:03 am

I'd probably do something cute like a panda or a meerkat to upset the Daily Mail. Otherwise it would have to be a komodo dragon.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:06 am

seanmichaels wrote:I'm trying to think, if I absolutely had to, what animal I would do....... Perhaps a dolphin?

Too slippery.

I would go for an ape.  At least you could communicate afterwards.

Surely there must be an arthropod big enough to be Tinoed? The crunching would be quite a turn-on.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:07 am

Galted wrote:

Too slippery.

Surely there must be an arthropod big enough to be Tinoed?  The crunching would be quite a turn-on.

You could get an astonishing hand job off a giant centipede I expect.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:09 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:

Too slippery.

Surely there must be an arthropod big enough to be Tinoed?  The crunching would be quite a turn-on.

You could get an astonishing hand job off a giant centipede I expect.

Yes, yes you can.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:10 am

Even though it doesn't have any hands?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:12 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Even though it doesn't have any hands?

If you look really closely, they have little teeny weeny hands with teeny weeny fingers. Sometimes they wear teeny weeny little gloves if it is cold out.

What animal would you do, Julius?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:17 am

Your missus.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:19 am

Laugh 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:27 am

I have to go to the hospital to visit the missus tonight. It is a private joint so she has her own room with all the gadgets etc. Last time she was there I got bollocked for putting a face mask on and pretending to be Hannibal Lecter in a straight jacket and wheelchair. May recreate another famous movie scene tonight.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:29 am

seanmichaels wrote:I have to go to the hospital to visit the missus tonight. It is a private joint so she has her own room with all the gadgets etc. Last time she was there I got bollocked for putting a face mask on and pretending to be Hannibal Lecter in a straight jacket and wheelchair. May recreate another famous movie scene tonight.

Why don't you smash through the door with an axe and shout "here's Seany"?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:30 am

Or rip out a sink and crash through the windows like in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:31 am

Or drop your guts and stuff a tampon up your snatch like Arwen in Lord of the Rings?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:34 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Or drop your guts and stuff a tampon up your snatch like Arwen in Lord of the Rings?

Laugh 

What kind of sick-minded, morally reprehensible buffoon would say something so vulgar?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:37 am

Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Or drop your guts and stuff a tampon up your snatch like Arwen in Lord of the Rings?

Laugh 

What kind of sick-minded, morally reprehensible buffoon would say something so vulgar?

Yeah sorry, that was disgusting and completely out of order. You would have to be one deviant individual to come up with a scene like that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:39 am

Laugh 

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:40 am

How does Lord of the Rings rate on the Galted review system?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:51 am

It rated fairly highly at first (8) as I'm a bit of a middle-earthophile but each subsequent viewing is more and more traumatic due to the completely sh1t acting, disastrous directing and face-palm-inspiring dialogue.  The battle scenes do make up for all the drivel though but the rating has slipped to 7.

What is the michaels take?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:59 am

Galted wrote:It rated fairly highly at first (8) as I'm a bit of a middle-earthophile but each subsequent viewing is more and more traumatic due to the completely sh1t acting, disastrous directing and face-palm-inspiring dialogue.  The battle scenes do make up for all the drivel though but the rating has slipped to 7.

What is the michaels take?

Thought they were pretty bloody good. My only caveat being the homoerotic undertones going on between the hobbits. Don't think Jackson got the Hobbits.

I'm quite a big fan of LOTR and another set of books called The Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan).

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 11:03 am

"homoerotic undertones"

We are back on Jeff's favourite gay tribute band.

The battle of Helms Deep is awesome, especially when the orcs come over the hill in their tens of thousands. It was nearly ruined by Legolas skateboarding on a shield whilst firing arrows though. No need for that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 06 Mar 2014, 11:04 am

the combo of a really annoying Frodo, and the Deus Machina of the eagles ruin it for me...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 06 Mar 2014, 11:04 am

seanmichaels wrote: Don't think Jackson got the Hobbits.

I'm not sure why that is as he is one.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 15 Tumblr_llbwrtodCe1qk5o5fo1_500

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 06 Mar 2014, 11:06 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:It was nearly ruined by Legolas skateboarding on a shield whilst firing arrows though.  No need for that.

That bit was a f*cking disgrace.  Also Gimli not being able to see over the parapet, and the dwarf-tossing bit.  He'd become a bit of a caricature by then.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 06 Mar 2014, 11:09 am

Lord of the Rings - 12 hours of people walking. Bag o'sh!te.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 11:11 am

Rowley's back!!

How was landan, Jeff?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 11:13 am

Yes, the dwarf tossing bit was awful as well. That should be left to England rugby players during world cups.

The mood of that scene was set up brilliantly, with the scared kids and the archer twitching with nerves. The darkness, the rain, the seething mass of orcs banging their battle drums. The battalion of elves that come to help. It was a great scene and didn't need those idiotic additions.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 06 Mar 2014, 11:14 am

Rowley wrote:Lord of the Rings - 12 hours of people walking. Bag o'sh!te.

For Men of the North 12 hours of walking was how they got to and from school each day as kids.  The bag o'sh!te was lunch (if they were lucky enough to have a bag).

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 06 Mar 2014, 11:15 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Rowley's back!!

How was landan, Jeff?

Awful, full of bell ends and over priced. So pretty much as it is every time I go there.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Mar 2014, 11:16 am

The battle of Helms Deep is awesome, especially when the orcs come over the hill in their tens of thousands.  

Sound effects recrded at Elland Road.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 06 Mar 2014, 11:16 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Yes, the dwarf tossing bit was awful as well.  That should be left to England rugby players during world cups.

The mood of that scene was set up brilliantly, with the scared kids and the archer twitching with nerves.  The darkness, the rain, the seething mass of orcs banging their battle drums.  The battalion of elves that come to help.  It was a great scene and didn't need those idiotic additions.

Yep, was brilliantly set up, remember my ball hairs tingling. The warg rider attack on the way to Helm's Deep was also ominous and helped to set the mood. Most of the scene still stands up to a repeat viewing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 11:17 am

You should have popped in to see me, Jeff. I'm not a bell-end.

Although they say you shouldn't meet your heroes as you'll always be disappointed.

I would hate for you to be disappointed meeting one of yours.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 11:17 am

Rowley wrote:

How was landan, Jeff?

Awful, full of bell ends and over priced. So pretty much as it is every time I go there.

Laugh

What did you get up to??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 06 Mar 2014, 11:18 am

seanmichaels wrote:
The battle of Helms Deep is awesome, especially when the orcs come over the hill in their tens of thousands.  

Sound effects recrded at Elland Road.

Pity they weren't recorded at Villa Park, "what a load of rubbish, how much is he on? Still, mustn't grumble".

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 11:19 am

Highbury Library would've made for a very quiet soundtrack.....apart from the 4 times a year the Champions League music is played.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 06 Mar 2014, 11:22 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rowley wrote:

How was landan, Jeff?

Laugh

What did you get up to??

Client meetings and generally wandering round getting annoyed.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next