The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
JuliusHMarx
Galted
superflyweight
Adam D
Pal Joey
Rowley
TopHat24/7
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
13 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 7 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

superflyweight wrote:It's in Edinburgh and it's called the "Pubic Triangle".  Is about 5 minutes from my work and there's always a distressing smell of lube hanging over the area.  

That's the one, thanks super.

Is lube really a distressing smell?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 7 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Fri 14 Mar 2014, 1:33 pm

I am going to try and locate TopHat on www.tomnod.com

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 7 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by superflyweight Fri 14 Mar 2014, 1:45 pm

I'm at work, sean, I'm not going to risk clicking on that.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 14 Mar 2014, 1:48 pm

superflyweight wrote:I'm at work, sean, I'm not going to risk clicking on that.

It is a satellite thing. They take shots of the earth and ask you to monitor loads at random to see if you can find anything. I figured it would be too hard to find the plane so will try something easier

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 14 Mar 2014, 2:15 pm

superflyweight wrote:So it would appear that Tina was Bob Crow and Galted was Tony Benn.  

Ha-ha, so now you all admit I'm not really Ray Mears?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 14 Mar 2014, 2:17 pm

Well not now we wouldn't because you have made it abundantly clear you are not Benn. In fact the chances of you being Mears have just improved by one person.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 14 Mar 2014, 2:21 pm

Tony Benn was also a vegetarian since 1970. Should have spotted that.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 14 Mar 2014, 2:23 pm

Rowley wrote:Well not now we wouldn't because you have made it abundantly clear you are not Benn. In fact the chances of you being Mears have just improved by one person.

ghost Boo!  ghost

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 14 Mar 2014, 2:41 pm

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:So it would appear that Tina was Bob Crow and Galted was Tony Benn.  

Ha-ha, so now you all admit I'm not really Ray Mears?

We never said you were Ray Mears, just that you looked and dressed like him.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 14 Mar 2014, 2:44 pm

And just like that, I was gone.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 14 Mar 2014, 3:31 pm

Right, it's beer o'clock for me. Good weekend all.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 14 Mar 2014, 4:29 pm

Guys - Just a reminder that today is steak and blowjob day so do remember to buy some sirloin and toothpaste on the way home!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 17 Mar 2014, 7:20 am

Thought I might be a bit late this morning but I wasn't. That's just the sort of crazy thing that happens to me every day.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 17 Mar 2014, 7:51 am

Am in that London again today. Thought I'd mention it as Jules said we should, also do not want to get accused of being whatever person may have died over the weekend. Also would not want to deprive you of your northern idiot stereotype based fun.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 17 Mar 2014, 7:56 am

Rowley wrote:Am in that London again today. Thought I'd mention it as Jules said we should, also do not want to get accused of being whatever person may have died over the weekend. Also would not want to deprive you of your northern idiot stereotype based fun.

Would be a bit hypocritical of me to join in the mockery even though I probably will. Was in Brussels for the weekend and every time my really bad French wasn't understood I reverted to the holidaying idiot stereotype by panicking then repeating myself really slowly in English.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 17 Mar 2014, 8:11 am

I am not dead.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 17 Mar 2014, 8:17 am

Excellent news Julius, always a good start to the day news like that...

Especially with your advanced years

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 17 Mar 2014, 8:26 am

Is Tino still dead?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 17 Mar 2014, 8:28 am

With his brood of many offspring he may think he is, but probably just sleep deprivation...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 17 Mar 2014, 8:39 am

He's probably out foraging for food then, offspring are hugely demanding from what I've seen in documentaries.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 17 Mar 2014, 8:45 am

I have seen that also Galted, the food regurgitation part must really give you indigestion.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 17 Mar 2014, 8:51 am

I am not dead although I have felt better. Polished off a bottle of pimms yesterday and feeling the consequences and repercussions now.

There's an ad for a Russian dating service atop my screen?? Julia looks ok.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 17 Mar 2014, 9:02 am

sean wrote:There's an ad for a Russian dating service atop my screen?? Julia looks ok.....

I have an add for a Welsh Travel Lodge, looks like somewhere you would take Julia...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 17 Mar 2014, 9:32 am

Galted wrote:
Would be a bit hypocritical of me to join in the mockery even though I probably will.  

I trust as a caring member of the forum you will be on the look out for a disorientated northerner.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 17 Mar 2014, 9:34 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:
Would be a bit hypocritical of me to join in the mockery even though I probably will.  

I trust as a caring member of the forum you will  be on the look out for a disorientated northerner.

Your trust is well placed, michaels. Am I on the look-out for mugging purposes or for rescuing?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 17 Mar 2014, 9:54 am

Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:

I trust as a caring member of the forum you will  be on the look out for a disorientated northerner.

Your trust is well placed, michaels.  Am I on the look-out for mugging purposes or for rescuing?

I believe there is little threat as items of value down south such as mobile phones have little value up north. I suspect those most at risk would be employees of B&Q such as Tina. A spade and pick axe not made from a tree branch and rock is worth it's weight in Gold in Rotherham.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 17 Mar 2014, 10:03 am

An important point well-made, I did assume that I'd be doing the mugging but what you said is true in reverse as well - I doubt I'll have much need for groats and tinderboxes.   Instead, I shall wander the streets with a barrel of turnip broth looking to do good turns for our neighbours from another era.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 17 Mar 2014, 10:23 am

Alas, 'tis true we have no use for such trinkets up here, we stare in wonderment at such life changing items, such as beats by dre headphones, Hipster foldaway bikes and banal yet surprisingly expensive coats.

Give me a stick and a hoop any day...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 17 Mar 2014, 10:58 am

On the otherhand, being able to have 10 wives, 2 of which can be your sister is a bonus.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 17 Mar 2014, 11:05 am

sean wrote:On the otherhand, being able to have 10 wives, 2 of which can be your sister is a bonus.

It does save the hassle sean, plus we don't have the plethora of catalogue bride options that you do down there so have to get closer to home

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 17 Mar 2014, 11:07 am

I might have to be in Hull on Friday and would appreciate any tips on dress and behaviour.
For example, should I wear a flat cap and drink my gravy straight from my plate or am I mixing up my counties? If I get into a tight spot, would I able to whip out a lighter and have the locals worship my mastery of fire?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 17 Mar 2014, 11:12 am

All these things have to be taken into consideration, however they are experiencing a paradigm shift as they move towards being the capital of culture. So the fire thing is a no-no, but do not approach the dogs or feral children.

As for dress, don't wear one, go for trousers, it will only confuse and annoy.

The Gravy will be too thick and meaty for your southern ways so steer clear!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 17 Mar 2014, 11:20 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I might have to be in Hull on Friday and would appreciate any tips on dress and behaviour.
For example, should I wear a flat cap and drink my gravy straight from my plate or am I mixing up my counties? If I get into a tight spot, would I able to whip out a lighter and have the locals worship my mastery of fire?

If you're seriously going to Hull is there any possibilty you could take 10 bags of coal for me? I am in the process of buying 30 acres of land for redevelopment and the remaining 10 of 15 bags in total constitutes full and final settlement.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 17 Mar 2014, 11:35 am

rick_dagless wrote:All these things have to be taken into consideration, however they are experiencing a paradigm shift as they move towards being the capital of culture.

I had forgotten that Hull is due to be the capital of culture. What with me being the captain of culture here, I feel confident that I will fit right in and be able to throw in some good tips to steer them on their course. They may even offer me a choice of women to persuade me to stay.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 17 Mar 2014, 11:37 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:All these things have to be taken into consideration, however they are experiencing a paradigm shift as they move towards being the capital of culture.

I had forgotten that Hull is due to be the capital of culture. What with me being the captain of culture here, I feel confident that I will fit right in and be able to throw in some good tips to steer them on their course. They may even offer me a choice of women to persuade me to stay.

Will take a lot of persuading given that Steve Bruce is considered the 2nd most attractive woman in Hull.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 17 Mar 2014, 11:37 am

Rowley wrote:also do not want to get accused of being whatever person may have died over the weekend

Sorry, Jeff, but I suspect that you're really Clarissa Dickson Wright.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 17 Mar 2014, 11:50 am

Reminds me of that old Elvis joke -
Good news for fans of Clarissa Dickson Wright - she's losing weight.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 17 Mar 2014, 12:31 pm

Can't be rowley as every recipe would have been a raw potato or a turnip covered in gravy

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 17 Mar 2014, 12:40 pm

Shah wrote:Can't be rowley as every recipe would have been a raw potato or a turnip covered in gravy

As opposed to her usual fare of Panda Eyes with Grated Seal and Cous Cous

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 17 Mar 2014, 2:46 pm

Forgettable on here today

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 17 Mar 2014, 2:55 pm

Stop trying to stir up controversy dagless. Jeff may be in London/a dead fat lady but Julius is still around to lock any threads.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 17 Mar 2014, 3:06 pm

Galted wrote:Stop trying to stir up controversy dagless

They have their hands full with the boxing board, and conversations about missing aircraft and deceased left wingers, it can be like the wild west on here...

May have to misplace some punctuation "at" this rate;

Have we found out whether Tino is a deceased union leader?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 17 Mar 2014, 3:13 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Galted wrote:Stop trying to stir up controversy dagless

They have their hands full with the boxing board, and conversations about missing aircraft and deceased left wingers, it can be like the wild west on here...

May have to misplace some punctuation "at" this rate;

Have we found out whether Tino is a deceased union leader?

I believe he could be responsible for the missing flight MH370

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 17 Mar 2014, 3:17 pm

sean wrote:I believe he could be responsible for the missing flight MH370

Colluding with a Shark to feed the people on the flight to wilst masquerading as being pregnant, then heading to Europe to claim benefits, and hiding the young in Tino's ever increasing Brood?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 17 Mar 2014, 3:45 pm

I can't lock threads on here, I can only improve them.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 18 Mar 2014, 7:54 am

Improved on here.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 18 Mar 2014, 8:20 am

Galted wrote:
Improved on here.

Watched the Top Gear Burma special last night. Quite enjoyed it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 18 Mar 2014, 8:25 am

sean wrote:Watched the Top Gear Burma special last night. Quite enjoyed it.

Don't usually enjoy the specials are they tend to be a badly acted, highly scripted, egofest.

So stayed clear of this one.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 18 Mar 2014, 8:30 am

rick_dagless wrote:
sean wrote:Watched the Top Gear Burma special last night. Quite enjoyed it.

Don't usually enjoy the specials are they tend to be a badly acted, highly scripted, egofest.

How does that differ from the regular ones?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 18 Mar 2014, 8:32 am

Julius wrote:How does that differ from the regular ones?

The regular ones at least have sections about the actual cars, albeit interspersed with 40 mins of the above...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 18 Mar 2014, 8:37 am

Same gags but they do make me laugh

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next