The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
JuliusHMarx
Galted
superflyweight
Adam D
Pal Joey
Rowley
TopHat24/7
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
13 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

superflyweight wrote:It's in Edinburgh and it's called the "Pubic Triangle".  Is about 5 minutes from my work and there's always a distressing smell of lube hanging over the area.  

That's the one, thanks super.

Is lube really a distressing smell?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:21 am

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
Julius wrote:What the heck is a 'laconic paid poo'?

The highlight of the working day Julius...

Ah, OK, you mean on work time.
You still need to convince me that 'laconic' is the correct word, or my high estimation of your lexicographical skills will be somewhat diminished.

I am reasonably satisfied the use of the word was not appropriate, personally always thought laconic referred to a style of speech or writing where very few words were used. Clint Eastwood's characters in Spaghetti Westerns could aptly be described as laconic.

Reckon so.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:22 am

Perhaps he meant Laser-guided?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:22 am

Languid Paid Poo is almost up there with the Headline - Kelly Brook's ex-Gladiator boyfriend pleads guilty to crashing van full of dead badgers into bus stop while working as driver in government cull

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:25 am

Rowley wrote:I am reasonably satisfied the use of the word was not appropriate, personally always thought laconic referred to a style of speech or writing where very few words were used. Clint Eastwood's characters in Spaghetti Westerns could aptly be described as laconic.

I refer the right honourable gentlemen to my 908th comment.

However, if my choice of word is disputed, at least it dragged the conversation back to some semblance of Culture, though how cultured discussions on laser guided Excretions are is another debate...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:27 am

https://www.606v2.com/t37907p100-flintoffs-debut

Page three. Seanmichaels Tutti goes wild.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:36 am

rick_dagless wrote:
shah wrote:hink he googled a synonym for short

Nope, but for someone who makes a living by talking, it is quite nice to be laconic whilst getting rid of waste, and being paid for it

So you're still talking whilst having a dump, but just using fewer words?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:38 am

ShahenshahG wrote:https://www.606v2.com/t37907p100-flintoffs-debut

Some good names on there.

Was fun back when Fists used to post on the boxing board Sad

SBS, no-mas, Union Cane......all the oldies, even Coxy!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:39 am

That has made me laugh. Think I got a 6 month stretch for that amongst other things.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:55 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

That has made me laugh. Think I got a 6 month stretch for that amongst other things.

I luaghed out loud a number of times reading that thread again - but only at my own posts.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:35 pm

superflyweight wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

I luaghed out loud a number of times reading that thread again - but only at my own posts.  

You LOL'd?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:40 pm

He almost certainly didn't. The actual instances where something written will make you literally laugh out loud are remarkably infrequent. This is one of the many reasons it is such a moronic expression.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:47 pm

Rowley wrote:He almost certainly didn't. The actual instances where something written will make you literally laugh out loud are remarkably infrequent. This is one of the many reasons it is such a moronic expression.

Do you ever use naaaaaaaattttttttt jokes Jeff?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:50 pm

If sniggering counts as laughing out loud, then I did literally, laugh out loud.

Although jeff is right, lol is a moronic expression and it's one of two reasons that I no longer have a facebook account - the other reason being that I don't like anyone.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:55 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:He almost certainly didn't. The actual instances where something written will make you literally laugh out loud are remarkably infrequent. This is one of the many reasons it is such a moronic expression.

Do you ever use naaaaaaaattttttttt jokes Jeff?

I use them all the time Sean.......................NOT!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:57 pm

superflyweight wrote:If sniggering counts as laughing out loud, then I did literally, laugh out loud.  

Although jeff is right, lol is a moronic expression and it's one of two reasons that I no longer have a facebook account - the other reason being that I don't like anyone.  

A while back (single days) I befriended a girl on FB I used to go to school with in the hope I might get to 'do' her. I am now cursed with daily updates about her autistic children and #100happydays. I am seriously contemplating disconnecting.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:08 pm

Yeah, the final straw for me was trawling through endless inane posts from some bell*nd I met at my mate's stag do.  He practically documented every aspect of his life on facebook.  

I saw the writing on the wall when he announced his wife was pregnant and quickly closed down my account before he inevitably shoved his camera phone up his wife's mimsy to take a picture of the baby making its way down the birth canal.

Last edited by superflyweight on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bellend was changed to Mr Winklechops. Conincidentally that's my wife's pet name for my hampton.)

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:19 pm

You can just unsubscribe from people, you are still friends with them but don't see anything they post. Is like the foe button people don't use on here. I have a worrying amount of people on my unsubcribe list, but you are generally right there are people who post some proper rubbish.

My own personal pet hate was someone who posted inspirational messages, only so many times you can read rubbish like "it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile" before even someone as easy going and happy go lucky as me will snap.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:32 pm

Rowley wrote:You can just unsubscribe from people, you are still friends with them but don't see anything they post. Is like the foe button people don't use on here. I have a worrying amount of people on my unsubcribe list, but you are generally right there are people who post some proper rubbish.

My own personal pet hate was someone who posted inspirational messages, only so many times you can read rubbish like "it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile" before even someone as easy going and happy go lucky as me will snap.

"It takes more muscles to control one's anger, than to just quickly smack someone in the mouth"

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:49 pm

Cadaverous on here this afternoon.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:56 pm

Tend to agree Jules. On the plus side though tomorrow is Friday, that throws up any number of conversational possibilities. There is the obvious, but still enjoyable, what is everyone doing at the weekend option. Add into that the possibility that Tina may return and the occasionally exotic lunch choices people make on Friday and I am optimistic about tomorrow.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:01 pm

I notice your glaring omission of seans bowel movements.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:05 pm

I have limited (read no) interests in that Shah. Don't much care for talk of such matters, all a little vulgar for my tastes.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:09 pm

Rowley wrote:I have limited (read no) interests in that Shah. Don't much care for talk of such matters, all a little vulgar for my tastes.

This from a guy from emmerdale.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:46 am

Tino spotted - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-26565833

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:20 am

Dump on here today.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:46 am

Double dump on here today.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:56 am

Well it will be if you enter into things with such a negative outlook. It is Friday, that is cause enough to be positive. Also Tony Benn has died, whilst that is something I take absolutely no pleasure in, the threads on off topic that will inevitably follow should give me myriad reasons to ban people I don't like.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:00 am

They only made 14 episodes of Mr Benn.
They only made 14 episodes of Mr Bean.

Oddly, the 14th episode of both was finally aired many years after the 13th.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:03 am

That is good knowledge Julius, I did not know that. See, now isn't that a better contribution to the place than your previous effort, which was both crude, negative and added little to what Sean had already contributed.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:05 am

I remember the Ali G interview with Tony Benn. Quality.

I guess once the fog lifts my spirits will be raised. Night off from visiting the missus so can get home, crack open a few tins and start growing some tomatoes. Also may be getting another 'sort of niece today'. Hopefully a boy this time so I can create a cricketing prodigy.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:08 am

Isn't a sort of niece that is a boy a sort of nephew?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:13 am

When you put it that way yes. I have 1 proper niece (half Indonesian by the way) and 1 'sort of' niece so have obviously just assumed it will be another one.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:14 am

Tino's baby is your niece/nephew?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:16 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Tino's baby is your niece/nephew?

Explains the violent tendencies. I'd headbutt anything in sight if I was in any way associated with Sean the "Shhit Factory" Michaels.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:30 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Tino's baby is your niece/nephew?

Explains the violent tendencies. I'd headbutt anything in sight if I was in any way associated with Sean the "Shhit Factory" Michaels.

Uncouth, again.

I'm not a big poo-er. Bit early today and I'm putting it down to the Sausage McMuffin (no egg), Hash Brown, Coffee and perhaps 1 too many ciders last night.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:34 am

Rowley wrote:Well it will be if you enter into things with such a negative outlook. It is Friday, that is cause enough to be positive. Also Tony Benn has died, whilst that is something I take absolutely no pleasure in, the threads on off topic that will inevitably follow should give me myriad reasons to ban people I don't like.

Whistle

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:50 pm

So it would appear that Tina was Bob Crow and Galted was Tony Benn.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:55 pm

superflyweight wrote:So it would appear that Tina was Bob Crow and Galted was Tony Benn.  

Appears so. MH370, Bob Crow (Windows) and Tony Benn (Galted) all in a week. OneTwo warned us but we ignored him. We must be wary of the illuminati hereon.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:59 pm

Have to say the idea that the author of "spinning back fist" is one of the great sages of our time is perhaps the most worrying aspect of this weeks events.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:06 pm

superflyweight wrote:So it would appear that Tina was Bob Crow and Galted was Tony Benn.  

Soon there will be no-one left left.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:07 pm

Rowley wrote:Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?

I will be joining the search efforts for the missing 606v2 members.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:09 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?

I will be joining the search efforts for the missing 606v2 members.

I am going to go out and get drunk. I am going to tell myself it is what they would have wanted, but really I am just too selfish to waste a weekend on anyone other than myself.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:11 pm

I'm going round to Strongy's house so we can tut relentlessly during Sky's latest offering from Eddie Hearn.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:19 pm

Waste of time Super, Strongy does not do anything that would put money in Murdoch's pocket. He believes not buying Sky or the Sun constitutes this and would seem cruel to point out the flaws in that thinking.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:22 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Soon there will be no-one left left.

Galted/Tony Benn would have liked this.
The rest of you are a bunch of hamptons.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:24 pm

I liked it, Julius - I just don't like you so didn't want to give you any praise.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:25 pm

Sorry Jules I missed that, that was actually one of your better ones. Repeating it does come across as needy though.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:29 pm

superflyweight wrote:I liked it, Julius - I just don't like you so didn't want to give you any praise.

Fair enough  thumbsup 

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:29 pm

Rowley wrote:Sorry Jules I missed that, that was actually one of your better ones. Repeating it does come across as needy though.

It does. I am.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next