The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youngsters to watch in test cricket in 2014

4 posters

Go down

Youngsters to watch in test cricket in 2014 Empty Youngsters to watch in test cricket in 2014

Post by Guest Mon 17 Mar - 18:57

If you were to make a side of 'youngsters' or players to 'break through' into test cricket this year, who would make that side?

Mine would be:

1.Quinton De Kock 
2.Tom Latham
3.Sam Robson
4.Ajinkya Rahane
5.Gary Ballance
6.Ben Stokes (i expect him to really go well this year)
7.Jos Buttler (wk)
8.Simon Harmer
9.Sunil Narine (finally in test cricket)
10.Kyle Abbott
11.Chris Jordan

Back to top Go down

Youngsters to watch in test cricket in 2014 Empty Re: Youngsters to watch in test cricket in 2014

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Tue 18 Mar - 4:41

CF wrote:If you were to make a side of 'youngsters' or players to 'break through' into test cricket this year, who would make that side?

Mine would be:

1.Quinton De Kock 
2.Tom Latham
3.Sam Robson
4.Ajinkya Rahane
5.Gary Ballance
7.Jos Buttler (wk)
8.Simon Harmer
10.Kyle Abbott
11.Chris Jordan

Rather than Jos Butler you could add up an extra batsman, De kock will keep the wickets.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Youngsters to watch in test cricket in 2014 Empty Re: Youngsters to watch in test cricket in 2014

Post by KP_fan Tue 18 Mar - 8:24

CF wrote:If you were to make a side of 'youngsters' or players to 'break through' into test cricket this year, who would make that side?

Mine would be:

1.Quinton De Kock 
2.Tom Latham
3.Sam Robson
4.Ajinkya Rahane
5.Gary Ballance
7.Jos Buttler (wk)
8.Simon Harmer
10.Kyle Abbott
11.Chris Jordan

No Australian on your watch list
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 18 Mar - 9:09

KP_fan wrote:

Mine would be:

1.Quinton De Kock 
2.Tom Latham
3.Sam Robson
4.Ajinkya Rahane
5.Gary Ballance
7.Jos Buttler (wk)
8.Simon Harmer
10.Kyle Abbott
11.Chris Jordan

No Australian on your watch list

We don't exist. Just England, SA and a solitary Indian and WI player.

Or maybe our youngsters are already considered "broken in" to Test cricket?  Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue 18 Mar - 10:02

Alex Doolan
Muirhead
Pattinson
and the Million Dollar Maxwell
.... would be the ones for me to keep and eye out for
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 18 Mar - 10:44

Doolan is already 28. Starc's still quite young at 24 too.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Mar - 12:18

doolan won't last long..i dont think Muirhead will play tests for a while,Lyon's doing good job..patto's already broken through, and Maxwell is over-rated!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 18 Mar - 12:22

yeah, hopefully Maxwell will be nowhere near the Test side... ever again!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue 18 Mar - 12:30

Linebreaker wrote:yeah, hopefully Maxwell will be nowhere near the Test side... ever again!

I think Maxwell will be to middle order what Warner is to opening
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Tue 18 Mar - 12:54

KP_fan wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:yeah, hopefully Maxwell will be nowhere near the Test side... ever again!

You are quite hopeful KP_fan. I don't think his batting suits like a Test Batsman. He is successful in shorter format of the game but if we consider original cricket I find him deep inside the cup to come out.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 18 Mar - 13:06

subhranshu.kumar.5 wrote:
KP_fan wrote:

You are quite hopeful KP_fan. I don't think his batting suits like a Test Batsman. He is successful in shorter format of the game but if we consider original cricket I find him deep inside the cup to come out.

Unless he can mature a bit and rope himself in... as Warner has done... but I just feel he is way too volatile and impatient (at the moment) to be a serious consideration for the Test side.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Tue 18 Mar - 13:13

Linebreaker wrote:
KP_fan wrote:

Unless he can mature a bit and rope himself in... as Warner has done... but I just feel he is way too volatile and impatient (at the moment) to be a serious consideration for the Test side.

Warner has shown his capability. I first saw him in IPL, playing for DD and after that he made his mark in the Aussies side. Last year also after he was banned, he came back by scoring brilliant 197 for Aus-A in SA. In the 5-0 triumph his role was unforgetable. But if I look at the million Dollar kid, he needs to prove himself in Shield matches, which he is least doing.
As you said LB, he is quite impatient and volatile. Lets see what's there in the future's belly.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue 18 Mar - 13:40

Linebreaker wrote:
KP_fan wrote:

people had similar doubts about warner also one time
and about Smith also....although less temperamental than warner....he was also branded as a limited over only material.

so it's a given...that maxwell has to buckle down.....get disciplined and show he has temperament.

On talent alone......he is in the same league as Smith and Warner.......and hence should be given a run...for if he succeeds imagine the upside he offers
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Mar - 15:44

i would be stunned if Maxwell ever got a run in the test side.... his batting is nowhere near consistent enough, and he is a pie chucker with the ball!

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 19 Mar - 20:08

The lack of Australians surely down to the fact that they have what can actually be described as a settled side right now? But we've seen how quickly that can change!

I didn't particularly rate what I saw of Doolan too highly, but it was admittedly very little. Impossible to judge Maxwell without ever seeing him bat at Test level. He can certainly play international quality bowling, which is half the battle, and his FC record is quite good but he could easily be another Morgan (although he may get another shot) rather than a Warner.

I'd class Pattinson as having broken through. 12 Tests with a good record counts for me. The one I would like to see get in and, more importantly, stay fit would be Pat Cummins. Bowls outrageous gas, just constantly breaking down. On the subject of injury prone quickies, I've been watching clips of Shane Bond on youtube recently and how it's reminded me how good he was. Frightening.

For England, James Taylor is the man. Has to get a go this summer and I reckon he'll make it his own. Actually think Stokes might have a little bit of a down summer, he's still developing as a cricketer and as a person (mentally that is).

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down