The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+25
lorus59
BlueCoverman
puligny
Plunky
Diggers
mystiroakey
super_realist
MontysMerkin
navyblueshorts
Roller_Coaster
pedro
McLaren
incontinentia
westisbest
Davie
beninho
kwinigolfer
GunsGerms
Bob_the_Job
1GrumpyGolfer
raycastleunited
SmithersJones
golfermartin
JAS
barragan
29 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rugby players are too fat to catch us Davie.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:45 pm

incontinentia wrote:Wasn't Crimea once part of Russia though?
So what? It was only Russian after Catherine the Great took it from the Ottomans (I think). Khrushchev gave it to Ukraine in '54(?) and it was confirmed as part of Ukraine by Treaty in the early '90s by Russia in exchange for all those ICMBs stationed in the Ukraine. Putin can bang on all he likes, Crimea was officially Ukrainian.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:48 pm

NBS- already mentioned the lease thing

Next point- any nation within the Uk can set up a referendum vote proved by Scotland doing it- however if NI did only the NI citizens would vote- just like only the scots will vote.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:50 pm

Bob_the_Job wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:Yes but they are kind of rhetorical.

"you said it's got nothing to do with history?"

that was one of your questions- it isn't even one!

Rhetorical doesn't really work when we can't hear the tone - it's just the written words.

No - my question was "I don't know if you know the history or not, but I don't understand why you ask - you said it's got nothing to do with history?"  I.e. why are you asking me the question when you've already stated a position which implied it didn't matter?

Please don't misquote me or chop bits out to try and make me look thick - it reflects more badly on you. Discuss honestly, or if you don't want to discuss at all, stop replying.

chill out mate. Jesus, i am not trying to make you look thick.

""I don't know if you know the history or not, but I don't understand why you ask - you said it's got nothing to do with history?"

that is still not a question. I am dyslexic and I can even work that out..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:54 pm

mystiroakey wrote:NBS- already mentioned the lease thing

Next point- any nation within the Uk can set up a referendum vote proved by Scotland doing it- however if NI did only the NI citizens would vote- just like only the scots will vote.
I know you mentioned the lease thing...I missed it.

As for a referendum, you can have one whenever you like but the Government of the country that you're attempting to secede from doesn't have to go along with the result one iota. Scotland have the green light from our existing Government.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:56 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:NBS- already mentioned the lease thing

I know you mentioned the lease thing...I missed it.

As for a referendum, you can have one whenever you like but the Government of the country that you're attempting to secede from doesn't have to go along with the result one iota. Scotland have the green light from our existing Government.

yes but my point is once you get to that point it is and I also agree that it should only be down to the people that live in that region/country/whatever

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Not sure anyone disagrees with you there.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:00 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:Not sure anyone disagrees with you there.

well to be fair many people where stating that scotlands vote of independence should be voted on by everyone in the UK.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:03 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
chill out mate. Jesus, i am not trying to make you look thick.

""I don't know if you know the history or not, but I don't understand why you ask - you said it's got nothing to do with history?"

that is still not a question. I am dyslexic and I can even work that out..

I am chilled.

It's a perfectly valid question - the "- you said it's got nothing to do with history" bit is a qualifier to the question.

So my question was "why do you ask?" and I qualified it by adding "you said it's got nothing to do with history".
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:10 pm

Well then you are either trying to make out I am stupid as you accused me off or I am . Because I see no question and you have also just done what you also accused me of(taken part of my post and quoted it without the context)

Lets just have a hug and forget about it! Hug 

The issue is clearly very important to you and not so for me... I fully understand that it affects you on a real basis.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:21 pm

No chance! That's so gay  Run 
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:22 pm

That's homophobic. I am going to have to report you

#sarcasm(in case you didn't catch the tone)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:13 pm

Has anyone been following the Pistorius trial? They say Oscar could be called to the stand some time next week. The South African police have been made to look idiotic so far, some of the failings in protocol just beggars belief. They even nicked one of his watches!

incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:17 pm

If you are looking for some suspense I recommend murder she wrote as a really good alternative. He shot his wife, he is going to jail. Cant be any other outcome really. Jessica Flecher would have solved this one already.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:41 pm

Seriously.

Everyone watch true detective if you want quality crime drama.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:43 pm

No not really.

Wasnt overly impressed with true detective.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:50 pm

McConnaughey has really graduated from romcom roles to become a fine actor. Have you seen Dallas buyers club mysti?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:54 pm

Yeah been watching all his stuff since Lincoln lawyer.

Top actor.

Killer Joe is one of the blackest comedies you can see but great part by him.

One to watch if you can handle it.

Even his 5 min cameo in wolf of wall street was top notch.

He got so thin for Dallas buyers club. You could see him gaining a bit more weight in each ep of true detective.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:43 pm

Watched one episode so far of True Detective, Im sure its no Wire, but ive read good things.

MCConnaughey...what a Prck, but great in Sahara!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:45 pm

never ever heard someone call him a pr!ck before lol..

Have you turned into SR?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:05 pm

Did you not hear his Oscar speech? I saw him on graham Norton show aswell he comes across as a prck to me. He may not be though.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:21 pm

Sorry i totally missed the whole oscars and that- been away. I really rate him btw as an actor. But many have disappointed me in speeches before so I am not surprised if he came across like a C word.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:57 pm

He came across as a godword.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:01 pm

beninho wrote:Did you not hear his Oscar speech? I saw him on graham Norton show aswell he comes across as a prck to me. He may not be though.

The Oscars is the one time you want someone to say nothing at all. It's always so simpering and sycophantic.

I wish someone would just say "Cheers" or "Thanks" and just walk off. I never watch it anyway, just a bunch of self fellators patting themselves on the back for being in a film. Not that impressive an achievement.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:05 pm

Now he has given up crap Rom/coms he is a good actor no complaints at that. It-shirts just how they come across on tv shows I base my views. Justin Timberlake comes across very well whenever I've seen him though. Doing tequila and playing golf with Jonathan Ross.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:06 pm

Sr dude come on mate.

What some of these actors go though is insane. Check out what DDL does for his roles. Its beyond the call of any job I cant think of.

You are a fitness nut- check out MM's physic in Magic mike and then in Dallas buyers club and the quality of acting within. Some achievement.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:14 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Sr dude come on mate.

What some of these actors go though is insane. Check out what DDL does for his roles. Its beyond the call of any job I cant think of.

You are a fitness nut- check out MM's physic in Magic mike and then in Dallas buyers club and the quality of acting within. Some achievement.

So what, it's not like they can't forget about the "hardship" when they get their $20m fee is it?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:15 pm

its not really about that its about appreciation of the art and work ethic that is acting at the highest level.

It does off course send them all completely insane. But that comes with the territory

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:01 pm

mystiroakey wrote:its not really about that its about appreciation of the art and work ethic that is acting at the highest level.

I call BS on that .. who's with me?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:04 pm

You don't have to appreciate it. But I can imagine many of the posters on here are the type that can't.. Some people are just too narrow minded.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Daniel Day Lewis is a nut. He insisted on staying in character for the duration of the filming of 'my left foot' (where he plays a severely disabled man).

"Most famously, in his first Oscar-winning role, as the Irish artist Christy Brown who had cerebral palsy in Jim Sheridan’s My Left Foot, he spent almost the entire shoot in a wheelchair. “He’d call you by your film name, and you’d call him Christy. It was madness. You’d be feeding him, wheeling him around. During the entire film, I only saw him walking once,” Sheridan’s daughter, Kirsten Sheridan, later recalled."
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:16 pm

That is just one of many well no not many but all his roles. During his boxing role he got so good at boxing the trainers said he was up to pro standard.

In the film were he was a IRA suspect and locked up he stayed in a cell for weeks and didn't eat and had people throw cold water over him every day. In the last of the Mohicans he lived out in the woods for months.

Crazy method actor.. But unbelievable at his Job.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:25 pm

mystiroakey wrote:That is just one of many well no not many but all his roles. During his boxing role he got so good at boxing the trainers said he was up to pro standard.

In the film were he was a IRA suspect and locked up he stayed in a cell for weeks and didn't eat and had people throw cold water over him every day. In the last of the Mohicans he lived out in the woods for months.

Crazy method actor.. But unbelievable at his Job.

That doesn't mean I should bother my arse to watch a ghastly and gushing acceptance speech.

Method acting is just so pretentious. If was actually half the actor people say he was, why couldn't he just turn up and be the character instead of having to be a loon for a month?

I've no time for celebrities and even less respect. You're an actor, so what.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:28 pm

Sr. You have got your wires crossed on ddl.

Ddl doesn't want limelight. Ddl isn't a celeb. He just wants to do his job to the best of his ability and be a recluse the rest of his life. He gets paid much less than his counterparts that aren't half as good and never sells out on roles..

Ddl is the least pretentious actor on the planet . but also the best method actor.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:39 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Sr. You have got your wires crossed on ddl.

Ddl doesn't want limelight. Ddl isn't a celeb. He just wants to do his job to the best of his ability and be a recluse the rest of his life. He gets paid much less than his counterparts that aren't half as good and never sells out on roles..

Ddl is the least pretentious actor on the planet . but also the best method actor.

I know, he's a cobbler in his spare time and a virtual recluse, but that doesn't mean that method acting isn't incredibly pretentious and patronising to those who have to endure it. Imagine if someone spoke to you in their telephone voice, or interview style in everything they did?
You'd think they were a w@nker.

In regards to speeches etc, I was talking about the Oscars in general, and not DDL, all the crying and long lists of thankyous is just ghastly, worse that listening to a bible thumping golfer thank god.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:43 pm

I agree on that(oscar speaches) But ddl just wants to do as good a job as he can. He is no Gary oldman that can flick it on and off like a switch. he has a system and doesn't want or need others to know about what he does in order to do his job. The media finds out and either berate's or worship's it.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:45 pm

Getting locked in a cell is just taking it too far. It would be like sleeping on a golf course.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:48 pm

He does it because he 100% believes he needs to to do his job to the best of his ability. But he isn't a celeb. He is just a hard Working actor. Maybe too hard. But thats he choice. He needs and wants no attention over it.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:51 pm

mystiroakey wrote:He does it because he 100% believes he needs to to do his job to the best of his ability. But he isn't a celeb. He is just a hard Working actor. Maybe too hard. But thats he choice. He needs and wants no attention over it.

Fair enough, but I can still think it's a nobbish thing to do.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:51 pm

GunsGerms wrote:If you are looking for some suspense I recommend murder she wrote as a really good alternative. He shot his wife, he is going to jail. Cant be any other outcome really. Jessica Flecher would have solved this one already.
picard
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:54 pm

Davie wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:its not really about that its about appreciation of the art and work ethic that is acting at the highest level.

I call BS on that .. who's with me?
I'm with mysti on this one.

Also as said with MM his transformation from Magic Mike to DBC was some dedication.

I don't give a fk how much these actors get paid.

I just hope its a good film/tv show.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:55 pm

Ahh. Daniel Day Lewis. As Olivier once said (apparently) to Dustin Hoffman: "Why don't you try acting my dear boy!". Laugh
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:56 pm

super_realist wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:He does it because he 100% believes he needs to to do his job to the best of his ability. But he isn't a celeb. He is just a hard Working actor. Maybe too hard. But thats he choice. He needs and wants no attention over it.

I am a film nerd mate. I respect and am very intrigued by him.

If i could play a 4 ball with any people on the planet he would be one of them. Not sure he would say much but he is on my list.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:02 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Did you not hear his Oscar speech? I saw him on graham Norton show aswell he comes across as a prck to me. He may not be though.

The Oscars is the one time you want someone to say nothing at all. It's always so simpering and sycophantic.

I wish someone would just say "Cheers" or "Thanks" and just walk off. I never watch it anyway, just a bunch of self fellators patting themselves on the back for being in a film. Not that impressive an achievement.
Marlon Brando stayed home one year he won. In stead he sent some apache to deliver the acceptance speech about how mean the white people are. Now that's fking self righteous but we still talk about it today.
On the other hand I'd hate to see Oscar acceptance speeches a la that or Bono.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:52 am

There will be blood is possibly one of the most boring movies ever.

The only decent Oscar speech ever was Micheal Moore when he won with bowling for columbine and spoke out against bush. Sadly the pampered celebrity class felt the need to boo him.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:52 am

Mac.

Or one of the best and most Interesting.

PTA is one of my fav directors.
And how can you lot love a film were the main lead slaps the feick out of a priest. I can't get enough of that film . watched it 5 times. Not quite boogie nights or magnolia but still a great film.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:21 am

mystiroakey wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I am a film nerd mate. I respect and am very intrigued by him.

If i could play a 4 ball with any people on the planet he would be one of them. Not sure he would say much but he is on my list.
Yes but before playing the four ball he would have to go and live with Tiger Woods for 6 months, receive extensive lessons from Butch Harmon and reach the level of one of the world's top amateurs. He would more than likely employ someone to follow him around and shout "mashed potato" at regular intervals, and would become extremely intolerant of the sound of cameras going off. It probably wouldn't be the real DDL at all you played with.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:23 am

True and I would expect him to go under par as well...

Dam DDL. Probally wouldn't say a word to me and beat me by 10.. He would zone out and turn into tiger woods .

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:52 am

I've never ever been to see a film on the basis of who the director is, it's as irrelevant to me as who is the projectionist by and large, although I've never enjoyed a Tarantino film, so maybe that counts.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:30 am

super_realist wrote:I've never ever been to see a film on the basis of who the director is, it's as irrelevant to me as who is the projectionist by and large, although I've never enjoyed a Tarantino film, so maybe that counts.

Whats your point?

Do you really think the director makes no difference to the potential quality of a movie?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:56 am

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:I've never ever been to see a film on the basis of who the director is, it's as irrelevant to me as who is the projectionist by and large, although I've never enjoyed a Tarantino film, so maybe that counts.

Whats your point?

Do you really think the director makes no difference to the potential quality of a movie?

No, obviously they do, but I wouldn't go to see a film purely on who directed it.
If it's a good film I don't care who directed it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next