The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+8
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Pal Joey
kingraf
ShahenshahG
Rowley
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
12 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 15 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:16 am

First topic message reminder :

And I am beating Galted.

Life is good.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 15 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:32 am

kingraf wrote:Tina isn't a paedo... His feral kids have put him off looking at kids as anything but potential threats on his life

Twenty past four this morning I was downstairs with the new one. Little sh*t. She is going to be up for adoption if this carries on.

On the plus side, I did get to watch a documentary I had recorded. It was about the moon landings. At the risk of sounding like ONEBALL, I am now convinced the septics never set foot on the moon. Liars.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 15 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:37 am

MH370 has something to do the septics. I'm convinced.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:38 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I am now convinced the septics never set foot on the moon.  Liars.

I was prepared to treat this as deliberate post-modern humour (given that it was the astronauts that set foot on the moon, not the sceptics), but then I saw the word 'septics' and I thought 'Windows tanked it'.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:44 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I am now convinced the septics never set foot on the moon.  Liars.

I was prepared to treat this as deliberate post-modern humour (given that it was the astronauts that set foot on the moon, not the sceptics), but then I saw the word 'septics' and I thought 'Windows tanked it'.

You would have liked it Jules, it was full of clever sh*t.

It was the shadows that finally convinced me. And the fact the dude from NASA that they rolled out to answer to questions could barely offer a single worthy riposte to the accusations. If he is the best that NASA can provide then there is no way they got there.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:49 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

It was the shadows that finally convinced me.  And the fact the dude from NASA that they rolled out to answer to questions could barely offer a single worthy riposte to the accusations.  If he is the best that NASA can provide then there is no way they got there.

Watch the episode of QI when Stephen Fry pulls all the conspiracy theories to pieces. I quite enjoyed believing the landings were fake but being a sceptic in this case equates to being a buffoon and you, Tino, are now a buffoon.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:50 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:And I am beating Galted.

Life is good.

Buffoon.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:51 am

Aah we get to become pseudo intellectuals for a day!!

Moon landing was legit, 400 000 people worked on it - almost impossible to keep everyone quiet. Maybe in the lead up to the landing, like the Manhattan Project, but not for 45 years.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:53 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

It was the shadows that finally convinced me.  And the fact the dude from NASA that they rolled out to answer to questions could barely offer a single worthy riposte to the accusations.  If he is the best that NASA can provide then there is no way they got there.

I've seen similar shows. They seem full of clever sh*t but they turn out to just be sh*t sh*t.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:54 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Watch the episode of QI when Stephen Fry pulls all the conspiracy theories to pieces.  I quite enjoyed believing the landings were fake but being a sceptic in this case equates to being a buffoon and you, Tino, are now a buffoon.

Open your eyes man. You're brainwashed. Sean and I know the truth.

ghost  ghost  ghost 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:55 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Watch the episode of QI when Stephen Fry pulls all the conspiracy theories to pieces.  I quite enjoyed believing the landings were fake but being a sceptic in this case equates to being a buffoon and you, Tino, are now a buffoon.

Open your eyes man.  You're brainwashed.  Sean and I know the truth.

ghost  ghost  ghost 

You can't even dress yourself properly.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:56 am

With that said - given the CIA's reluctance to give away their information on Mandela, the fact that they orchestrated the capture of a lot of freedom fighters, and Project MKUltra, you have to be rather one-eyed to take anything these Yanks say at face value
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:57 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

ghost  ghost  ghost 

You can't even dress yourself properly.

ghost 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:00 am

This could cause a thread split in an ideological sense. Will be interesting to see what Jeff, dagless and Superfly have to say, the next few posts could be as significant as the Reformation.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:03 am

How do you get an ideological thread split?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:05 am

I have the power to know what a bird's muff is like just by looking at the way they are and dress.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:07 am

michaels to the rescue.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:09 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

ghost  ghost  ghost 

One two has an excuse for this stuff Tina, he is quite clearly mentally ill. You have no such excuse, stop with this conspiracy drivel right away.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:09 am

Logged on to Twitter five minutes ago to see hashtag SomeoneTellSouthAfrica was trending. having read the tweets, it's safe to say Africa really does hate us. Can't imagine why
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:09 am

seanmichaels wrote:I have the power to know what a bird's muff is like just by looking at the way they are and dress.

I have the power to know how a bird is and how they dress just by looking at her muff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:10 am

Laugh 

The Culture Cup Round 6 is safe.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:11 am

Honestly my accuracy levels are unerring. Used to have a team of call centre girls at my last job. We tested it with them once and they were genuinely impressed.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:11 am

Rowley wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

ghost  ghost  ghost 

One two has an excuse for this stuff Tina, he is quite clearly mentally ill. You have no such excuse, stop with this conspiracy drivel right away.

You would be surprised at how convincing this stuff can be at twenty past four in the morning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:14 am

kingraf wrote:Logged on to Twitter five minutes ago to see hashtag SomeoneTellSouthAfrica was trending. having read the tweets, it's safe to say Africa really does hate us. Can't imagine why

Pretty random question but are you familiar with a restaurant just outside Johnnesburg that serves Crocodile and Zebra? It is sort of a ranch / game park.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:18 am

I've eaten crocodile kebabs before. Weren't much to write home about.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:22 am

Rowley wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

ghost  ghost  ghost 

You would be surprised at how convincing this stuff can be at twenty past four in the morning.

Am sure sleep depravation and the thought of impending prison time on sex offences can do odd things to the mind, but you're generally better than that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:24 am

Went to a ranch/game park just outside Joburg that served crocodile and zebra with my dad once. Can't imagine there are too many - so probably. Didn't eat the croc though, or the snake. Have an issue with eating carnivores, or omnivores.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:28 am

I generally think all conspiracy theories are nuts and man definitely landed on the moon, but there's no way the lone gunman theory stands up for the Kennedy assassination.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:29 am

kingraf wrote:Went to a ranch/game park just outside Joburg that served crocodile and zebra with my dad once. Can't imagine there are too many - so probably. Didn't eat the croc though, or the snake. Have an issue with eating carnivores, or omnivores.

Shocked 

That's one ruthless ranch.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:29 am

kingraf wrote:Went to a ranch/game park just outside Joburg that served crocodile and zebra with my dad once. Can't imagine there are too many - so probably. Didn't eat the croc though, or the snake. Have an issue with eating carnivores, or omnivores.

Why did you eat your dad? And did he taste nice with the crocodile and zebra?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:30 am

Damn you Galted.

His humour's sick
He dresses like pr!ck
Galted, Galted.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:32 am

Nice comeback, superfly. I'll divert attention to your previous post as a reward.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:33 am

superflyweight wrote:I generally think all conspiracy theories are nuts and man definitely landed on the moon, but there's no way the lone gunman theory stands up for the Kennedy assassination.

clap 

Excellent post. Very well thought out and informative, it's certainly changed my life perspective.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:34 am

It's the "No Way" that really changed the game.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:35 am

The angry Kiwi is in, he's in quite a foul mood. I can't wait until he discovers that his hours have been changed for the worse, I expect a ferocity rating of at least 4.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:35 am

superflyweight wrote:I generally think all conspiracy theories are nuts and man definitely landed on the moon, but there's no way the lone gunman theory stands up for the Kennedy assassination.

It stands up better than most of the theories that abound regarding Kennedy. Like you superfly I hold most conspiracy theories in absolute contempt, that said if anyone tries to tell me Elvis is dead they will suffer my considerable wrath.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:35 am

kingraf wrote:It's the "No Way" that really changed the game.

Exactly. And his apostrophe usage was exemplary.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:42 am

Does anyone know anything about this sudden London obsession with pulled pork? Every lunch/sandwich shop menu I see has it in some form. Perhaps it's always existed and I'm a bit slow to notice but I don't think that that's the case, I believe that I'm quite good at noticing things.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:44 am

Galted wrote:Does anyone know anything about this sudden London obsession with pulled pork?  Every lunch/sandwich shop menu I see has it in some form.  Perhaps it's always existed and I'm a bit slow to notice but I don't think that that's the case, I believe that I'm quite good at noticing things.

I told you I cooked pulled pork at the weekend. It is very good.

I guess it is the london types going to ruddy New York and it catching on over here. That and it is ridiculously easy to make.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:46 am

Pulled pork has hit the North as well, usually on Nacho's or Hot Dogs, both of which have increased severely on Pub Menus

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:49 am

This is the Martha Focker. Good way to impress your piece and or family. I would go for a bit of pork shoulder from your butchers

http://www.insockmonkeyslippers.com/slow-cooker-cherry-chipotle-pulled-pork-with-cilantro-lime-slaw

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:55 am

Excuse me while I pull my pork.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:56 am

rick_dagless wrote:Pulled pork has hit the North as well, usually on Nacho's or Hot Dogs, both of which have increased severely on Pub Menus

I went out for a steak with TSMR last night (it was her birthday) one of those places where they serve it on a hot rock and you leave it on depending how you like it. Very nice it was, and they had Caffreys on draft, which you don't see so often. Very enjoyable and the steak was lovely.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:57 am

rick_dagless wrote:Pulled pork has hit the North as well, usually on Nacho's or Hot Dogs, both of which have increased severely on Pub Menus

I went up North yesterday. I can confirm that pulled pork was on the menu in the pub I visited. 'BBQ pulled pork open sandwich' to be precise. I didn't chose it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:58 am

Jeff wrote:I went out for a steak with TSMR last night (it was her birthday) one of those places where they serve it on a hot rock and you leave it on depending how you like it. Very nice it was, and they had Caffreys on draft, which you don't see so often. Very enjoyable and the steak was lovely.

Nice, I do like those places, bit like a carnivore fondue...

Fasenda in Leeds is good, basically red/green card system on meat on Sticks

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:59 am

Tino wrote:I went up North yesterday. I can confirm that pulled pork was on the menu in the pub I visited. 'BBQ pulled pork open sandwich' to be precise. I didn't chose it.

I will just assume you went for pie and peas, I will also pick you up on chose, rather than choose before others do (sorry)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:00 am

Easy for me as well Rick as I like my steak pretty bloody so only had to turn it over and it was pretty much perfect for me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:00 am

Me too Jeff, just seal the outside of the meat, bit of pepper and I am good to go...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:03 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:I went up North yesterday. I can confirm that pulled pork was on the menu in the pub I visited. 'BBQ pulled pork open sandwich' to be precise. I didn't chose it.

I will just assume you went for pie and peas, I will also pick you up on chose, rather than choose before others do (sorry)

Nope, I went for lots of things. It was a funeral for an old school friend and the family laid on a cracking buffet. Had bacon rolls and chip butties, pots of gravy, pork crackling. It was great.

Can't wait for the next old school friend to die.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:12 am

An old school mate of mine committed suicide a few days ago. He'd apparently made his girlfriend with child, and two days before the birth hung himself.

I wasn't going to go to the funeral, but his family is well off, and I suspect there could be a lot of steak on the menu. Decisions decisions.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:17 am

I did over 400 miles yesterday, round trip.

I would have been f*cking fuming if the buffet was rubbish. As it turns out, it made the drive worthwhile.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next