The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premiership Player of the Year shortlist

+10
LondonTiger
yappysnap
Scrumpy
Rugby Fan
beshocked
HammerofThunor
formerly known as Sam
Portnoy's Complaint
HongKongCherry
nathan
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Premiership Player of the Year shortlist

Premiership Player of the Year shortlist - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Premiership Player of the Year shortlist - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 7 ]
Premiership Player of the Year shortlist - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Premiership Player of the Year shortlist - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
Premiership Player of the Year shortlist - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Premiership Player of the Year shortlist - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
Premiership Player of the Year shortlist - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Premiership Player of the Year shortlist - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
Premiership Player of the Year shortlist - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Premiership Player of the Year shortlist - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Premiership Player of the Year shortlist - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Premiership Player of the Year shortlist - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 30

Premiership Player of the Year shortlist - Page 2 Empty Premiership Player of the Year shortlist

Post by nathan Fri 25 Apr 2014, 8:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Cast you votes on who you think should be crowned the Premiership Player of the Year award should go to and a reason for it.

In my completely one eyed biased view im going for Goneva, he's kept the Tigers in the title hunt whilst the rest of our team were fecked or playing crap.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Premiership Player of the Year shortlist - Page 2 Empty Re: Premiership Player of the Year shortlist

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 01 May 2014, 1:44 pm

Beshocked wrote: Watson and Williams have not been the best players in their position either.Would probably go for underdog - Elliot Stooke

You discount players for not being the best in their position and then pick a Glaws front five player? Don't think he'd make the bench for any of the top four teams. Maybe Bath I suppose. Watson, Williams and Vulipola have all made bigger impacts by taking starting places away from internationals in Agulla, Flood and Joubert.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Premiership Player of the Year shortlist - Page 2 Empty Re: Premiership Player of the Year shortlist

Post by beshocked Thu 01 May 2014, 4:09 pm

Sam you have a point there. I just don't think it's a particularly strong line up.

Elliott stooke played in 20 of Gloucester's matches - 14+6. He did break into the Saxons at least.

Owen Williams wouldn't start for any of the other teams in the top 6 in my opinion, the others have 10s who have performed better this season.

Owen Williams has been 9 + 4. In terms of minutes he's not had many more than an international like Farrell.

Did not realise Ford had played so much gametime for Bath. I wonder if his recent dip in form has been down to being overplayed.

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/matchcentre/fixtures/squads.php?player=88441&includeref=dynamic

Depends what the award is based on. If it's to the best young player on the list then it quite clearly should go to Billy.

If it's for the AP then Stooke or Ford as of now.

There are 7 wingers who have scored more tries than Watson, 6 more than Elliott with Ashton on equal tries (less games).

I would say another youngster Smith has had a better season than Watson and Elliott.

Surprised that 606v2 darling Nowell is not on the short list..... Wink

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 01 May 2014, 5:13 pm

Stooke has been about the only thing Glaws can be proud of this year. He has been outstanding all season and has put his far more experienced team mates to shame. His work rate is phenomenal and his scrummaging technique for such a young lad is very good; unfortunately I've not been able to say the same about the other 4 of the front 5!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2