The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
seanmichaels
Adam D
superflyweight
Rowley
JuliusHMarx
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
kingraf
14 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 5 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Insects, anyone?

Cooking tips?

Action netball?

I don't play action netball!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 5 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:42 pm

Works Canteen, they are actually pretty good, though you don't get the Jeremy Kyle cabaret that you get in Bradford it'self...

So swings and roundabouts really...

Was speaking to one of the Rozzers from your neck of the woods the other day DAVE, a pleasant chap.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 5 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:50 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Works Canteen, they are actually pretty good, though you don't get the Jeremy Kyle cabaret that you get in Bradford it'self...

So swings and roundabouts really...

Was speaking to one of the Rozzers from your neck of the woods the other day DAVE, a pleasant chap.
He must be new, all the ones I know are complete and utter b@st@rds who would break a kitten's leg for spilling it's milk.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Caesar salad and a fruit cocktail. Pleasant on the palate.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:53 pm

Jacket potato with Chicken Tikka filling. Tolerably edible.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:54 pm

DAVE wrote:He must be new, all the ones I know are complete and utter b@st@rds who would break a kitten's leg for spilling it's milk.

He seems alright for one of the filth, though it was out of the office, just down in Crossflats, he could have been the ring leader in the Rodney King beatings for all I know.

Raf, that is a lunch befitting a man with blonde tips in his hair...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:57 pm

Cheese and beetroot sandwich with thick, crusty white bread. Cheese and onion crisps, an apple and I'm currently working through a big bag of Cadbury crunchie rocks. Was planning on having 5, but that hasn't happened. I will probably eat the whole bag.

Lovely stuff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:57 pm

Taken to two breakfasts a day now, Rick. One before gym, and one after. Really just not that hungry come lunch.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:59 pm

kingraf wrote:Caesar salad and a fruit cocktail. Pleasant on the palate.

I have no idea what that first sentence means.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:01 pm

superflyweight wrote:
kingraf wrote:Caesar salad and a fruit cocktail. Pleasant on the palate.

I have no idea what that first sentence means.
I thought the second sentence meant Raf couldn't spell "plate".

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Caesar salad
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar_salad

fruit cocktail
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_salad

I'm just trying to get my five a day right.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:05 pm

kingraf wrote:Caesar salad
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar_salad

fruit cocktail
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_salad

I'm just trying to get my five a day right.

Mindboggling. Some people!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Can probably help with this Super. You know all the green stuff you scrape off a kebab before you eat it? Well a ceasar salad is just a posh version of that. As for a fruit salad, I'm afraid I am at a loss.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:11 pm

It's really a power meal. Covers all your recommended dietary allowances. Currently muscling my way through my 2.5 liters of water a day. I'm the picture of health.

Last edited by kingraf on Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellin' yeah?)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:15 pm

kingraf wrote:It's really a power meal. Covers all your recommended dietary allowances. Currently muscling my way through my 2.5 liters of water a day. I'm the picture of health.

'Power meal'? What the hell is that? Something you need for 'Action' netball?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:19 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
kingraf wrote:It's really a power meal. Covers all your recommended dietary allowances. Currently muscling my way through my 2.5 liters of water a day. I'm the picture of health.

'Power meal'? What the hell is that? Something you need for 'Action' netball?

Power meals are meals which are packed with the right macro & micronutrients. It's the culinary equivalent of eurotraining.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:21 pm

Raf you are currently about three or four ill chosen comments away from me banning you. Micronutrients indeed.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:23 pm

2.5 litres of water a day? I'm lucky if I get half a litre. I'm 36 and would be up 4 times a night if I drank 2.5 litres of water a day.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:24 pm

Come on Geoff, I was taking the pi.ss with that last one. Eurotraining isn't even a real training program. It's the fitness world's version of the loch Ness monster.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:26 pm

He's making jokes that would only be laughed at amongst the homo-erotic posters on the weightlifting board, jeff. Ban him.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:28 pm

See even in that you used the term fitness world. Such talk has no place on here. The fitness world is like the child trafficking world or the live action role playing world. I am in no doubt that they exist, however they cannot and should not be mentioned on here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:28 pm

Yeah 2.5 a day. My chemistry lecturer said we should aim for 3.5, being in the highveld. But that's a summertime estimate. 2.5 is adequate in the winter.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:28 pm

superflyweight wrote:2.5 litres of water a day?  I'm lucky if I get half a litre.  I'm 36 and would be up 4 times a night if I drank 2.5 litres of water a day.  
Finally went for my "Man M.O.T." the other week (been promising myself since I turned 40 and like most blokes, kept finding good reasons not to go). Was told to eat more fresh fruit and drink more water. Had to go back to the doctor's with knee trouble as I spent so longing running back and forth to the bog that I've done meself a mischief.

I preferred it when I drank heavily and ate cr@p

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:30 pm

WTF is live action role playing? Sounds like something Oscar dela Hoya does online.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:32 pm

kingraf wrote:WTF is live action role playing? Sounds like something Oscar dela Hoya does online.

Re-enacting famous battles.

Galted is a big fan.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:35 pm

Cheers Tina. Never caught on in South Africa. I suspect finding a couple hundred natives to re-enact running away while the boers re-enact shooting them is too soon.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:37 pm

kingraf wrote:WTF is live action role playing? Sounds like something Oscar dela Hoya does online.

Have you seen the film Role Models, the thing they do in that is live action role play.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:39 pm

kingraf wrote:Cheers Tina. Never caught on in South Africa. I suspect finding a couple hundred natives to re-enact running away while the boers re-enact shooting them is too soon.

They found plenty to re-enact events at Rorke's Drift...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:41 pm

That's Natal. Doesn't count, as its a backwater sort of place.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:49 pm

That reminds me, i have a quick Cryptic film title quiz as it is Friday Afternoon.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:52 pm

Excellent, let's have it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:53 pm

rick_dagless wrote:That reminds me, i have a quick Cryptic film title quiz as it is Friday Afternoon.
I thought you were the hardest working bloke in Bradford...no wonder the place is on it's ar$e

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:53 pm

Crack on then Rick, perfect way to waste an afternoon.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:01 pm

DAVE wrote:I thought you were the hardest working bloke in Bradford

That only means that I log into mails once a week and occasionally reply to one, this would be doubling the work output of the next hardest working person in Bradford...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:02 pm

Right, there are only 10 here are the first 5

1 - Magician from Down Under - Wizard of Oz - Raf
2 - Looking back for this Omen
3 - Pig for Rent
4 - Recline on Monarch - Lion king - Jeff
5 - Body of Water Barking

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:03 pm

1) Wizard of Oz
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:05 pm

4 - Lion King

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:05 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Right, there are only 10 here are the first 5

3 - Pig for Rent
4 - Recline on Monarch
5 - Body of Water Barking

5 - Reservoir Dogs

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:07 pm

Right, there are only 10 here are the first 5

3 - Pig for Rent
4 - Recline on Monarch - Lion King - Jeff
5 - Body of Water Barking - reservoir dogs - Tino

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:11 pm

3 - Porkies?

Probably not but I'm struggling.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:13 pm

Nope not porkies...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:15 pm

Erm...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:16 pm

Not Erm sorry Union...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:17 pm

I'm done.

I think you've either made them up or the person that gets them has cheated.

Impossible.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:18 pm

Clues for you bunch of halfwits..

2) - Is an animated film
3) - Better known as a play more than a film

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:19 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Clues for you bunch of halfwits..

2) - Is an animated film
3) - Better known as a play more than a film

2 - Watership Down.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:21 pm

2 - Watership Down.

No

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:22 pm

All those Sunday afternoons doing the Mail on Sunday cryptic crossword finally pay off :

Looking back for this Omen -

Looking = Finding & back / Omen = Nemo

Finding Nemo

Kaboom.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:23 pm

Final 5 to be pondering

2 - Looking back for this Omen - Finding Nemo - Union
3 - Pig for Rent
4 - Recline on Monarch - Lion King - Jeff
5 - Body of Water Barking - reservoir dogs - Tino

6 - Airbourne Serpents - Snakes on a Plane - Union
7 - Citrus Wind Up
8 - Negative Medic
9 - First Chan, then Gordon
10 -Deadly Armament

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:23 pm

Union Cane wrote:All those Sunday afternoons doing the Mail on Sunday cryptic crossword finally pay off :

Looking back for this Omen -

Looking = Finding & back / Omen = Nemo

Finding Nemo

Kaboom.

Cheat.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:24 pm

Snakles on a plane
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next